• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:45
CEST 05:45
KST 12:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7844 users

Should SC2 have In-game Team Logos/Banners? - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
CounterOrder
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada457 Posts
June 24 2012 16:59 GMT
#41
Yes. If the map was made by a member of said team.

Otherwise how would this even be possible? 30some logos on every map? Or several teams have their logos everywhere and no one else does? Not one person would like that at all. It would also ruin the aesthetic of the map.

Only makes sense if the map maker was from the team. Reminds me of Cloud Kingdom and GSL. Subtle signatures from map makers are cool. Blatant advertising all over a game map is beyond silly.
Leviance
Profile Joined November 2009
Germany4079 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-24 17:01:21
June 24 2012 16:59 GMT
#42
On June 25 2012 01:00 Gosi wrote:
I like it but I don't want it. At first it's just team logos, but after a while if possible we will see a tournament like MLG fill the map terrain with MLG, DR PEPPER, NOS and shit like that.


[image loading]
like this? :D

I would love team logos on main buildings. I'm with you to not like ads.

"Blizzard is never gonna nerf Terran because of those American and European fuck" - Korean Netizen
consonance
Profile Joined April 2011
31 Posts
June 24 2012 17:02 GMT
#43
They should make it as decals. Like a self-made decal and then it'll show up where decals usually go.
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
June 24 2012 17:05 GMT
#44
Once again Valve zooms ahead of Blizzard. :/
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Lumi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1616 Posts
June 24 2012 17:08 GMT
#45
Should SC2 have even the slightest team support at all? I dunno Blizzard, what do you think?
twitter.com/lumigaming - DongRaeGu is the One True Dong - /r/onetruedong
baldgye
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom1114 Posts
June 24 2012 17:10 GMT
#46
I came across this in a ladder game on EU

[image loading]

I have no idea how he did it
Gosi
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Sweden9072 Posts
June 24 2012 17:13 GMT
#47
On June 25 2012 02:10 baldgye wrote:
I came across this in a ladder game on EU

[image loading]

I have no idea how he did it

It's a decal you unlock by being on Blizzcon or something.
[13:40] <Qbek> gosi i dreanmt about you
baldgye
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom1114 Posts
June 24 2012 17:15 GMT
#48
On June 25 2012 02:13 Gosi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2012 02:10 baldgye wrote:
I came across this in a ladder game on EU

[image loading]

I have no idea how he did it

It's a decal you unlock by being on Blizzcon or something.


well I guessed that much lol, but wasn't there a leak of team icons and tournament icons and things that supposidly you got from attending or winning tournaments?

I didn't think any where implemented
PanN
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2828 Posts
June 24 2012 17:16 GMT
#49
They definitely should implement this idea. Just ban the users with offensive ones if they get through, and have a few people that have to approve this shit or something.
We have multiple brackets generated in advance. Relax . (Kennigit) I just simply do not understand how it can be the time to play can be 22nd at 9:30 pm PST / midnight the 23rd at the same time. (GGzerg)
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
June 24 2012 17:16 GMT
#50
They must implement this only with clan system, not need more
Kuni
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Austria765 Posts
June 24 2012 17:17 GMT
#51
Make an option to toggle it on/off, so tournaments etc. are able to use logos for sponsors etc. as they desire. EzPz
bonus vir semper tiro
zachMEISTER
Profile Joined December 2010
United States625 Posts
June 24 2012 17:19 GMT
#52
Valve has already initialized in-game advertising through Counter-Strike. I dont think this model of invading the game was profitable enough for them to force in-game advertisements into their new-er generation of games.
psillypsybic!
AsymptoticClimax
Profile Joined May 2012
United Kingdom249 Posts
June 24 2012 17:22 GMT
#53
Sure it would be cool but the last thing we need right now is this stuff when our UI isn't even up to par. Shame really..Also we still have decals
i wish my motherboard would find a fatherboard so i could have anotherboard
Femari
Profile Joined June 2011
United States2900 Posts
June 24 2012 17:23 GMT
#54
On June 25 2012 01:59 Leviance wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2012 01:00 Gosi wrote:
I like it but I don't want it. At first it's just team logos, but after a while if possible we will see a tournament like MLG fill the map terrain with MLG, DR PEPPER, NOS and shit like that.


[image loading]
like this? :D

I would love team logos on main buildings. I'm with you to not like ads.


You know, if a sponsor pays for an entire event I have no problem seeing that on the map.
Mvp | BoxeR | MarineKing | MC | viOlet | Scarlett | Flash | Bisu | XellOs | Sea | Fantasy | By.Sun
mierin
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4943 Posts
June 24 2012 17:25 GMT
#55
On June 25 2012 02:23 Femari wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2012 01:59 Leviance wrote:
On June 25 2012 01:00 Gosi wrote:
I like it but I don't want it. At first it's just team logos, but after a while if possible we will see a tournament like MLG fill the map terrain with MLG, DR PEPPER, NOS and shit like that.


[image loading]
like this? :D

I would love team logos on main buildings. I'm with you to not like ads.


You know, if a sponsor pays for an entire event I have no problem seeing that on the map.


Yeah, this is totally acceptable until SC2 becomes a serious worldwide accepted sport. Once (if) SC2 becomes "mainstream", they can dial down that kind of stuff a bit.
JD, Stork, Calm, Hyuk Fighting!
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
June 24 2012 17:25 GMT
#56
Why the hell not? I mean obviously there are way more urgent stuff to introduce first (clan support etc), but I wouldn't see the harm in it.
AsymptoticClimax
Profile Joined May 2012
United Kingdom249 Posts
June 24 2012 17:26 GMT
#57
On June 25 2012 02:23 Femari wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2012 01:59 Leviance wrote:
On June 25 2012 01:00 Gosi wrote:
I like it but I don't want it. At first it's just team logos, but after a while if possible we will see a tournament like MLG fill the map terrain with MLG, DR PEPPER, NOS and shit like that.


[image loading]
like this? :D

I would love team logos on main buildings. I'm with you to not like ads.


You know, if a sponsor pays for an entire event I have no problem seeing that on the map.


All we need now is "I hate you" writen in the fog of war in GSL games.
i wish my motherboard would find a fatherboard so i could have anotherboard
lorkac
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2297 Posts
June 24 2012 17:28 GMT
#58
I'm okay with NASCAR-ing up sc2 if it makes the sport bigger and more widespread. Golden arches and all.
By the truth we are undone. Life is a dream. Tis waking that kills us. He who robs us of our dreams robs us of our life --Orlando: A Biography
Mauldo
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States750 Posts
June 24 2012 17:36 GMT
#59
No. It will look god awful no matter how you do it. Even the beloved TL horse logo would look out of place on Nony's nexus, or TLO's hatch.

And we know the Pringles and Shinhan examples from BW. Just wait until we have DR. PEPPER plastered over the top of the next map pool for MLG. Then we'll get nothing but "Wah, this went too far." Sometimes I think the community agrees to stuff just so that they have a built in something to bitch about later.
Appendix
Profile Joined July 2009
Sweden979 Posts
June 24 2012 17:40 GMT
#60
On June 25 2012 02:25 mierin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2012 02:23 Femari wrote:
On June 25 2012 01:59 Leviance wrote:
On June 25 2012 01:00 Gosi wrote:
I like it but I don't want it. At first it's just team logos, but after a while if possible we will see a tournament like MLG fill the map terrain with MLG, DR PEPPER, NOS and shit like that.


[image loading]
like this? :D

I would love team logos on main buildings. I'm with you to not like ads.


You know, if a sponsor pays for an entire event I have no problem seeing that on the map.


Yeah, this is totally acceptable until SC2 becomes a serious worldwide accepted sport. Once (if) SC2 becomes "mainstream", they can dial down that kind of stuff a bit.


I don't see any reason it should be toned down either. I mean, if you look at football there are ads all along the field, in the ice in the hockey rink. It is a bit weird that in e-sports, a business where it is constantly talked about how hard it is to attract sponsors, and where we are in total control of the arena, we do not have this yet. The amount of control we can exert over the arena is something the NHL can only really dream of, and we can be as adaptable that we could change sponsors on a game to game basis. There could probably even be dynamic areas or signs which alternate during a game, this is really an untapped goldmine.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 271
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 274
Dewaltoss 174
Bale 22
Terrorterran 17
Noble 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm232
League of Legends
JimRising 807
Counter-Strike
taco 353
Other Games
summit1g14492
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1324
BasetradeTV180
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream52
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter148
• practicex 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo824
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 15m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
7h 15m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 15m
Replay Cast
19h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 7h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.