• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:57
CEST 17:57
KST 00:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)74Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8966 users

IdrA Blogs on WCS/MLG being played simultaneously - Page 12

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 Next All
Scheme
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom210 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-14 12:26:19
June 14 2012 12:22 GMT
#221
On June 14 2012 16:30 windsupernova wrote:
I don't get it how did a thread about some pretty legit points devolve in fanboy drooling and Idra and Blizzard bashing?

Idra, while he has a history of whining makes some clear and concise points about the(lack of) organization of the tournament organizers. Blizzard from what it seems outsourced everything to MLG and in this case(the terrible organization) lies on MLGs fault(O think they filled the event too much with so many stuff).If MLG couldn't handle the 2 tournaments then they should have declined the job.

I dont even understand why this thread turned out this crappy...



MLG did run both tourneys fine. I didn't hear about any players that only played MLG complain.

The trouble was with players that tried to compete in both tournaments. I guess it was up to them to decide whether they could be competitive in both. There are plenty of cases in other sports(including e-sports) where individuals/teams need to make choices like these. I disagree that the both are unmissable, as there have been plenty of examples of people choosing other tourneys over MLG for whatever reason.

But I agree with you, the thread could have a bit more genuine discussion about tournament scheduling/organization rather than personal attacks (without basis).
FairForever
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada2392 Posts
June 14 2012 12:26 GMT
#222
On June 14 2012 21:22 Scheme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 14 2012 16:30 windsupernova wrote:
I don't get it how did a thread about some pretty legit points devolve in fanboy drooling and Idra and Blizzard bashing?

Idra, while he has a history of whining makes some clear and concise points about the(lack of) organization of the tournament organizers. Blizzard from what it seems outsourced everything to MLG and in this case(the terrible organization) lies on MLGs fault(O think they filled the event too much with so many stuff).If MLG couldn't handle the 2 tournaments then they should have declined the job.

I dont even understand why this thread turned out this crappy...



MLG did run both tourneys fine. I didn't hear about any players that only played MLG complain.

The trouble was with players that tried to compete in both tournaments. I guess it was up to them to decide whether they could be competitive in both. There are plenty of cases in other sports(including e-sports) where individuals/teams need to make choices like these.

But I agree with you, the thread could have a bit more genuine discussion about tournament scheduling/organization rather than personal attacks (without basis).


If they had warned players that it might not be a good idea to play in both, then the onus would be more on the players. But they explicitly promoted that playing both tournaments would be okay (obviously, as they want the top players in both to draw the viewership), which was clearly incorrect.
Scheme
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom210 Posts
June 14 2012 12:36 GMT
#223
On June 14 2012 21:26 FairForever wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 14 2012 21:22 Scheme wrote:
On June 14 2012 16:30 windsupernova wrote:
I don't get it how did a thread about some pretty legit points devolve in fanboy drooling and Idra and Blizzard bashing?

Idra, while he has a history of whining makes some clear and concise points about the(lack of) organization of the tournament organizers. Blizzard from what it seems outsourced everything to MLG and in this case(the terrible organization) lies on MLGs fault(O think they filled the event too much with so many stuff).If MLG couldn't handle the 2 tournaments then they should have declined the job.

I dont even understand why this thread turned out this crappy...



MLG did run both tourneys fine. I didn't hear about any players that only played MLG complain.

The trouble was with players that tried to compete in both tournaments. I guess it was up to them to decide whether they could be competitive in both. There are plenty of cases in other sports(including e-sports) where individuals/teams need to make choices like these.

But I agree with you, the thread could have a bit more genuine discussion about tournament scheduling/organization rather than personal attacks (without basis).


If they had warned players that it might not be a good idea to play in both, then the onus would be more on the players. But they explicitly promoted that playing both tournaments would be okay (obviously, as they want the top players in both to draw the viewership), which was clearly incorrect.


I understand that they said playing in both tournaments would be okay. I guess its similar to when you have different leagues of football running at the same time. Some team that is part of both could play in all games, but its the case that a lot of times to spare players they will play with a reserve team. I guess since this is individual sport the player of their managers need to figure it out if they can cope with the ridiculous amount of games.

To be honest. I'm surprised that Idra is complaining, I think it was in a Inside the Game last week that he thought this schedule would work for his advantage as he was used to playing more. Maybe MLG and players should think more carefully about this over-schedule tournaments running at the same time in future.
Emix_Squall
Profile Joined February 2012
France705 Posts
June 14 2012 12:55 GMT
#224
On June 14 2012 21:36 Scheme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 14 2012 21:26 FairForever wrote:
On June 14 2012 21:22 Scheme wrote:
On June 14 2012 16:30 windsupernova wrote:
I don't get it how did a thread about some pretty legit points devolve in fanboy drooling and Idra and Blizzard bashing?

Idra, while he has a history of whining makes some clear and concise points about the(lack of) organization of the tournament organizers. Blizzard from what it seems outsourced everything to MLG and in this case(the terrible organization) lies on MLGs fault(O think they filled the event too much with so many stuff).If MLG couldn't handle the 2 tournaments then they should have declined the job.

I dont even understand why this thread turned out this crappy...



MLG did run both tourneys fine. I didn't hear about any players that only played MLG complain.

The trouble was with players that tried to compete in both tournaments. I guess it was up to them to decide whether they could be competitive in both. There are plenty of cases in other sports(including e-sports) where individuals/teams need to make choices like these.

But I agree with you, the thread could have a bit more genuine discussion about tournament scheduling/organization rather than personal attacks (without basis).


If they had warned players that it might not be a good idea to play in both, then the onus would be more on the players. But they explicitly promoted that playing both tournaments would be okay (obviously, as they want the top players in both to draw the viewership), which was clearly incorrect.


I understand that they said playing in both tournaments would be okay. I guess its similar to when you have different leagues of football running at the same time. Some team that is part of both could play in all games, but its the case that a lot of times to spare players they will play with a reserve team. I guess since this is individual sport the player of their managers need to figure it out if they can cope with the ridiculous amount of games.

To be honest. I'm surprised that Idra is complaining, I think it was in a Inside the Game last week that he thought this schedule would work for his advantage as he was used to playing more. Maybe MLG and players should think more carefully about this over-schedule tournaments running at the same time in future.


You didn't read the article I guess. Idra clearly says in it that in theory this kind of scheduling should have favoured him BUT, because it was SOOOO heavy (like much heavier than anything he experienced in Korean Pro Gamer's Houses), even him couldn't make anything good with it.
Moreover, it's not because something is favouring you that it's necesseraly good. Such scheduling is bad because it's not well rounded at all, players spend a lot of time waiting for stuff they don't know when are gonna happen (therefore this time is wasted) and organizers couldn't even give them hints on what to expect or when they were gonna play. Once again, Idra being able to somehow take advantage of this situation doesn't make it a good situation.

It's bad for everyone, just a little less for him.
Scheme
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom210 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-14 13:21:50
June 14 2012 13:16 GMT
#225
On June 14 2012 21:55 Emix_Squall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 14 2012 21:36 Scheme wrote:
On June 14 2012 21:26 FairForever wrote:
On June 14 2012 21:22 Scheme wrote:
On June 14 2012 16:30 windsupernova wrote:
I don't get it how did a thread about some pretty legit points devolve in fanboy drooling and Idra and Blizzard bashing?

Idra, while he has a history of whining makes some clear and concise points about the(lack of) organization of the tournament organizers. Blizzard from what it seems outsourced everything to MLG and in this case(the terrible organization) lies on MLGs fault(O think they filled the event too much with so many stuff).If MLG couldn't handle the 2 tournaments then they should have declined the job.

I dont even understand why this thread turned out this crappy...



MLG did run both tourneys fine. I didn't hear about any players that only played MLG complain.

The trouble was with players that tried to compete in both tournaments. I guess it was up to them to decide whether they could be competitive in both. There are plenty of cases in other sports(including e-sports) where individuals/teams need to make choices like these.

But I agree with you, the thread could have a bit more genuine discussion about tournament scheduling/organization rather than personal attacks (without basis).


If they had warned players that it might not be a good idea to play in both, then the onus would be more on the players. But they explicitly promoted that playing both tournaments would be okay (obviously, as they want the top players in both to draw the viewership), which was clearly incorrect.


I understand that they said playing in both tournaments would be okay. I guess its similar to when you have different leagues of football running at the same time. Some team that is part of both could play in all games, but its the case that a lot of times to spare players they will play with a reserve team. I guess since this is individual sport the player of their managers need to figure it out if they can cope with the ridiculous amount of games.

To be honest. I'm surprised that Idra is complaining, I think it was in a Inside the Game last week that he thought this schedule would work for his advantage as he was used to playing more. Maybe MLG and players should think more carefully about this over-schedule tournaments running at the same time in future.


You didn't read the article I guess. Idra clearly says in it that in theory this kind of scheduling should have favoured him BUT, because it was SOOOO heavy (like much heavier than anything he experienced in Korean Pro Gamer's Houses), even him couldn't make anything good with it.
Moreover, it's not because something is favouring you that it's necesseraly good. Such scheduling is bad because it's not well rounded at all, players spend a lot of time waiting for stuff they don't know when are gonna happen (therefore this time is wasted) and organizers couldn't even give them hints on what to expect or when they were gonna play. Once again, Idra being able to somehow take advantage of this situation doesn't make it a good situation.

It's bad for everyone, just a little less for him.


I don't mean to sound pissy but you are making assumptions here:

- I did read the article. I imagine the reason you thought I didn't is because I said:
I'm surprised that Idra is complaining, I think it was in a Inside the Game last week that he thought this schedule would work for his advantage as he was used to playing more.

This is simply because, out of all the players, I imagined, due to his reputation, he would've not struggle with a heavy(even crazy) schedule.

- I never said it was good, in fact I prefer the GSL format over any other tournament as it allows the players to be(in theory) as rested as possible. I was just remarking players need to think more carefully about entering these doubled scheduled tournaments as it means a lot more games.


Egomancer
Profile Joined December 2010
Romania119 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-14 20:34:40
June 14 2012 20:33 GMT
#226
This is idra:
[image loading]
Pic with idra cheering after the tournament
The image kinda sums the thing up.

Egomancer
MLG_Adam
Profile Joined July 2010
United States994 Posts
June 14 2012 20:39 GMT
#227
On June 14 2012 21:26 FairForever wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 14 2012 21:22 Scheme wrote:
On June 14 2012 16:30 windsupernova wrote:
I don't get it how did a thread about some pretty legit points devolve in fanboy drooling and Idra and Blizzard bashing?

Idra, while he has a history of whining makes some clear and concise points about the(lack of) organization of the tournament organizers. Blizzard from what it seems outsourced everything to MLG and in this case(the terrible organization) lies on MLGs fault(O think they filled the event too much with so many stuff).If MLG couldn't handle the 2 tournaments then they should have declined the job.

I dont even understand why this thread turned out this crappy...



MLG did run both tourneys fine. I didn't hear about any players that only played MLG complain.

The trouble was with players that tried to compete in both tournaments. I guess it was up to them to decide whether they could be competitive in both. There are plenty of cases in other sports(including e-sports) where individuals/teams need to make choices like these.

But I agree with you, the thread could have a bit more genuine discussion about tournament scheduling/organization rather than personal attacks (without basis).


If they had warned players that it might not be a good idea to play in both, then the onus would be more on the players. But they explicitly promoted that playing both tournaments would be okay (obviously, as they want the top players in both to draw the viewership), which was clearly incorrect.



To be clear, every single player in the WCS was offered a spot in the MLG tournament via email. With that invitation they were also warned of the rigorous schedule. Some players decided to do both, others like Nony decided to focus on one event or the other. The players that chose to compete in both, Idra included, were warned in advance of schedule ramifications.

Also, the Friday schedule ended at 1:32 AM, 2 minutes past schedule, not 2:30 AM.
Twitter: MrAdamAp
Hardigan
Profile Joined June 2011
Switzerland1297 Posts
June 14 2012 20:43 GMT
#228
On June 15 2012 05:33 Egomancer wrote:
This is idra:
[image loading]
Pic with idra cheering after the tournament
The image kinda sums the thing up.

Egomancer

I don't know what you want to show with that picture.

I only see Idra giving the thumbs up to DRG for beating Alica
Xiron
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany1233 Posts
June 14 2012 20:44 GMT
#229
On June 15 2012 05:39 MLG_Adam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 14 2012 21:26 FairForever wrote:
On June 14 2012 21:22 Scheme wrote:
On June 14 2012 16:30 windsupernova wrote:
I don't get it how did a thread about some pretty legit points devolve in fanboy drooling and Idra and Blizzard bashing?

Idra, while he has a history of whining makes some clear and concise points about the(lack of) organization of the tournament organizers. Blizzard from what it seems outsourced everything to MLG and in this case(the terrible organization) lies on MLGs fault(O think they filled the event too much with so many stuff).If MLG couldn't handle the 2 tournaments then they should have declined the job.

I dont even understand why this thread turned out this crappy...



MLG did run both tourneys fine. I didn't hear about any players that only played MLG complain.

The trouble was with players that tried to compete in both tournaments. I guess it was up to them to decide whether they could be competitive in both. There are plenty of cases in other sports(including e-sports) where individuals/teams need to make choices like these.

But I agree with you, the thread could have a bit more genuine discussion about tournament scheduling/organization rather than personal attacks (without basis).


If they had warned players that it might not be a good idea to play in both, then the onus would be more on the players. But they explicitly promoted that playing both tournaments would be okay (obviously, as they want the top players in both to draw the viewership), which was clearly incorrect.



To be clear, every single player in the WCS was offered a spot in the MLG tournament via email. With that invitation they were also warned of the rigorous schedule. Some players decided to do both, others like Nony decided to focus on one event or the other. The players that chose to compete in both, Idra included, were warned in advance of schedule ramifications.

Also, the Friday schedule ended at 1:32 AM, 2 minutes past schedule, not 2:30 AM.


Idra says you encouraged them to play both, you say you warned them about playing both. Who's right?
"The way of life can be free and beautiful. But we have lost the way. " - Charlie Chaplin
MLG_Adam
Profile Joined July 2010
United States994 Posts
June 14 2012 20:47 GMT
#230
On June 15 2012 05:44 Xiron wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2012 05:39 MLG_Adam wrote:
On June 14 2012 21:26 FairForever wrote:
On June 14 2012 21:22 Scheme wrote:
On June 14 2012 16:30 windsupernova wrote:
I don't get it how did a thread about some pretty legit points devolve in fanboy drooling and Idra and Blizzard bashing?

Idra, while he has a history of whining makes some clear and concise points about the(lack of) organization of the tournament organizers. Blizzard from what it seems outsourced everything to MLG and in this case(the terrible organization) lies on MLGs fault(O think they filled the event too much with so many stuff).If MLG couldn't handle the 2 tournaments then they should have declined the job.

I dont even understand why this thread turned out this crappy...



MLG did run both tourneys fine. I didn't hear about any players that only played MLG complain.

The trouble was with players that tried to compete in both tournaments. I guess it was up to them to decide whether they could be competitive in both. There are plenty of cases in other sports(including e-sports) where individuals/teams need to make choices like these.

But I agree with you, the thread could have a bit more genuine discussion about tournament scheduling/organization rather than personal attacks (without basis).


If they had warned players that it might not be a good idea to play in both, then the onus would be more on the players. But they explicitly promoted that playing both tournaments would be okay (obviously, as they want the top players in both to draw the viewership), which was clearly incorrect.



To be clear, every single player in the WCS was offered a spot in the MLG tournament via email. With that invitation they were also warned of the rigorous schedule. Some players decided to do both, others like Nony decided to focus on one event or the other. The players that chose to compete in both, Idra included, were warned in advance of schedule ramifications.

Also, the Friday schedule ended at 1:32 AM, 2 minutes past schedule, not 2:30 AM.


Idra says you encouraged them to play both, you say you warned them about playing both. Who's right?


Of course we encouraged them to play. Greg is an incredible player, we wanted the best to play in both. However, they were warned that the schedule would be long and arduous.

Greg nor myself said anything incorrect in anything that is being said (other than the schedule running until 2:30AM)
Twitter: MrAdamAp
Egomancer
Profile Joined December 2010
Romania119 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-14 20:50:59
June 14 2012 20:49 GMT
#231
Lol, I see a bunch of people cheering for the winner, except idra that looks kinda sad, don't you think?

But maybe I am wrong...

Egomancer
Pimpmuckl
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany528 Posts
June 14 2012 20:53 GMT
#232
Still, making WCS Wednesday-Thursday and MLG Friday-Sunday would have been the choice to do.
twitter.com/pimpmuckl
Eisregen
Profile Joined September 2011
Germany967 Posts
June 14 2012 21:16 GMT
#233
On June 15 2012 05:53 Pimpmuckl wrote:
Still, making WCS Wednesday-Thursday and MLG Friday-Sunday would have been the choice to do.

The holy purpose was to cut costs imo, which this solution does not ;D
Photo-Noob@ http://www.flickr.com/photos/eisregen1983/
revel8
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom3022 Posts
June 14 2012 21:22 GMT
#234
On June 15 2012 05:49 Egomancer wrote:
Lol, I see a bunch of people cheering for the winner, except idra that looks kinda sad, don't you think?

But maybe I am wrong...

Egomancer


Idra wanted Alicia to beat DRG. That is clear.
Dubsy
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada186 Posts
June 14 2012 21:31 GMT
#235
He is under absolutely no obligation to play in both events. Bonehead decision to schedule both the same weekend by blizz/MLG.

Total cop out excuse by idra. If you can't play both, play one and don't rely on the other one as an excuse when you get bounced.
With a right-left, right-left you're toothless, And then you say "Goddamn they ruthless!"
chebhe
Profile Joined May 2012
United States113 Posts
June 14 2012 21:37 GMT
#236
It's definitely ideal to host the tournaments on separate days, but since I know nothing about blizzards finances [except they made about 220 billion with WoW] I can't judge what's best overall.
Mebd: how are you fucking helping? you think i'm joking? you think I don't regularly cut myself to relieve stress? want me to email you pictures of my bloody mouse
LuckoftheIrish
Profile Joined November 2011
United States4791 Posts
June 14 2012 21:37 GMT
#237
On June 15 2012 05:47 MLG_Adam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2012 05:44 Xiron wrote:
On June 15 2012 05:39 MLG_Adam wrote:
On June 14 2012 21:26 FairForever wrote:
On June 14 2012 21:22 Scheme wrote:
On June 14 2012 16:30 windsupernova wrote:
I don't get it how did a thread about some pretty legit points devolve in fanboy drooling and Idra and Blizzard bashing?

Idra, while he has a history of whining makes some clear and concise points about the(lack of) organization of the tournament organizers. Blizzard from what it seems outsourced everything to MLG and in this case(the terrible organization) lies on MLGs fault(O think they filled the event too much with so many stuff).If MLG couldn't handle the 2 tournaments then they should have declined the job.

I dont even understand why this thread turned out this crappy...



MLG did run both tourneys fine. I didn't hear about any players that only played MLG complain.

The trouble was with players that tried to compete in both tournaments. I guess it was up to them to decide whether they could be competitive in both. There are plenty of cases in other sports(including e-sports) where individuals/teams need to make choices like these.

But I agree with you, the thread could have a bit more genuine discussion about tournament scheduling/organization rather than personal attacks (without basis).


If they had warned players that it might not be a good idea to play in both, then the onus would be more on the players. But they explicitly promoted that playing both tournaments would be okay (obviously, as they want the top players in both to draw the viewership), which was clearly incorrect.



To be clear, every single player in the WCS was offered a spot in the MLG tournament via email. With that invitation they were also warned of the rigorous schedule. Some players decided to do both, others like Nony decided to focus on one event or the other. The players that chose to compete in both, Idra included, were warned in advance of schedule ramifications.

Also, the Friday schedule ended at 1:32 AM, 2 minutes past schedule, not 2:30 AM.


Idra says you encouraged them to play both, you say you warned them about playing both. Who's right?


Of course we encouraged them to play. Greg is an incredible player, we wanted the best to play in both. However, they were warned that the schedule would be long and arduous.

Greg nor myself said anything incorrect in anything that is being said (other than the schedule running until 2:30AM)


Adam: so Illusion's games ending that late were a result of overruns and delays rather than deliberate scheduling?
On Twitter @GosuGamers_LotI | Grubby has a huge head!
MLG_Adam
Profile Joined July 2010
United States994 Posts
June 14 2012 21:39 GMT
#238
On June 15 2012 06:37 LuckoftheIrish wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2012 05:47 MLG_Adam wrote:
On June 15 2012 05:44 Xiron wrote:
On June 15 2012 05:39 MLG_Adam wrote:
On June 14 2012 21:26 FairForever wrote:
On June 14 2012 21:22 Scheme wrote:
On June 14 2012 16:30 windsupernova wrote:
I don't get it how did a thread about some pretty legit points devolve in fanboy drooling and Idra and Blizzard bashing?

Idra, while he has a history of whining makes some clear and concise points about the(lack of) organization of the tournament organizers. Blizzard from what it seems outsourced everything to MLG and in this case(the terrible organization) lies on MLGs fault(O think they filled the event too much with so many stuff).If MLG couldn't handle the 2 tournaments then they should have declined the job.

I dont even understand why this thread turned out this crappy...



MLG did run both tourneys fine. I didn't hear about any players that only played MLG complain.

The trouble was with players that tried to compete in both tournaments. I guess it was up to them to decide whether they could be competitive in both. There are plenty of cases in other sports(including e-sports) where individuals/teams need to make choices like these.

But I agree with you, the thread could have a bit more genuine discussion about tournament scheduling/organization rather than personal attacks (without basis).


If they had warned players that it might not be a good idea to play in both, then the onus would be more on the players. But they explicitly promoted that playing both tournaments would be okay (obviously, as they want the top players in both to draw the viewership), which was clearly incorrect.



To be clear, every single player in the WCS was offered a spot in the MLG tournament via email. With that invitation they were also warned of the rigorous schedule. Some players decided to do both, others like Nony decided to focus on one event or the other. The players that chose to compete in both, Idra included, were warned in advance of schedule ramifications.

Also, the Friday schedule ended at 1:32 AM, 2 minutes past schedule, not 2:30 AM.


Idra says you encouraged them to play both, you say you warned them about playing both. Who's right?


Of course we encouraged them to play. Greg is an incredible player, we wanted the best to play in both. However, they were warned that the schedule would be long and arduous.

Greg nor myself said anything incorrect in anything that is being said (other than the schedule running until 2:30AM)


Adam: so Illusion's games ending that late were a result of overruns and delays rather than deliberate scheduling?



No match was played after 1:32 AM PST on Friday night.
Twitter: MrAdamAp
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
June 14 2012 21:47 GMT
#239
lol ... playing in both and expecting it wouldn't be hard and stressing. Even if someone says its possible to take part in both, it still means you have to play non stop in the worst case, especially if you end up in a long game. Happens when games vary from 5 minutes to up to over an hour.
SnuggleZhenya
Profile Joined July 2010
596 Posts
June 14 2012 21:50 GMT
#240
On June 14 2012 21:22 Scheme wrote:
There are plenty of cases in other sports


Name some in professional sports.
You'll never get better being an angry nerd sitting alone in your room.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
UpATreeSC 72
TKL 29
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5161
Bisu 1995
Soulkey 1567
EffOrt 769
Mini 574
Horang2 379
Larva 344
ZerO 300
actioN 245
ggaemo 244
[ Show more ]
Yoon 105
Dewaltoss 97
Mind 96
sorry 85
hero 77
Shinee 67
Sharp 65
Sea.KH 60
Barracks 58
Pusan 57
Snow 52
Hyun 42
Bale 30
Trap 26
ToSsGirL 23
Rock 18
NaDa 17
Terrorterran 15
Sacsri 13
scan(afreeca) 13
Noble 10
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5890
qojqva2463
Dendi1312
420jenkins275
League of Legends
Reynor77
Counter-Strike
fl0m3074
Fnx 687
x6flipin483
edward39
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes365
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1272
hiko1024
B2W.Neo485
DeMusliM299
XBOCT232
Livibee207
Liquid`VortiX199
QueenE103
Mew2King48
FrodaN20
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV44
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 73
• mYiSmile130
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 37
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV616
League of Legends
• Nemesis3756
• TFBlade612
Other Games
• Shiphtur453
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 3m
Patches Events
1d
The PondCast
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.