• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:15
CEST 07:15
KST 14:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8155 users

[?] Spades hacking? - Page 11

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 298 Next
07:06 KST - method linked here has been disproved here

10:54 KST - Find a full timeline of pro comments (including Spades) in the topic here.

08:47 KST - Summary:
Accusations of maphacking have the potential to destroy a player's career if left unaddressed. Because of the potential consequences, we should be careful about accepting unproven accusations. The principle of 'innocent until proven guilty' should be applied here. That does not mean that there has been a conclusion about this case, however, which is why this thread remains tentatively open.

Please discuss with caution and use evidence to back up your claims.

(also a summary post by an unnamed pro on reddit here)
Gardel
Profile Joined April 2011
Mexico220 Posts
June 04 2012 21:16 GMT
#201
On June 05 2012 06:14 Spades wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2012 06:09 iNcontroL wrote:
tbh spades you do play super fishy >_< I played that game recently against you and said basically "wtf this is very hackish" and you said "I play you on my smurf a lot and knew you'd do that" which is USUALLY the #1 "I hack and this is how I will defend myself ambiguously" statement.

I'm no hack expert so I will leave this to those that are but you need to know.. it isn't just a few people that have felt odd about your online game play. ddddddd

If you aren't hacking this is unfortunate but the sins of hacking (even in the past) will always impact you. If you are hacking it's pretty over...


90% of the day i believe people are hacking against me on ladder. Big name players as well. Everyone is just hack crazy now. I stream 90% of my games. I didn't hack in this series, I haven't hacked in SC2. If you want to find things that look suspicious, It's easy. Not one person here can "prove" i hacked, because i didn't. And now my sc2 image is destroyed. So I'm thankful for that. Guess it's time to retire after Anaheim.


Ey man, if you know you really did not hack, then why quit? I know your image will be affected but, you gotta move on there are good days and bad days in life.

If you are honest withyourself and to the community, then you should not let this affect you.
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." Abraham Lincoln.
huehuehuehue
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Estonia455 Posts
June 04 2012 21:17 GMT
#202
On June 05 2012 06:06 Spades wrote:
I'm not going to read into this because it makes no sense, I think alot of this says i look at there base before scanning or something? Watch vods of my stream, i always look at fog, then scan immediately afterwards. I think this is s tupid people are calling me a hacker to discredit my "close defeat" in a showmatch. Just because my history people find things to discredit me. Pretty pathetic.

I could go case by case defending myself, but this is just sad.

You should play a showmatch against Lucifron or someone else good, and stream it.
ExO_
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States2316 Posts
June 04 2012 21:17 GMT
#203
Spades I would like to ask: could you explain the camera locks? Not on a specific basis, but on a general level. Is it just slow play, lag, or something else I'm not considering?
artanis2
Profile Joined April 2010
United States732 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-04 22:37:11
June 04 2012 21:18 GMT
#204
On June 05 2012 06:06 Spades wrote:
I'm not going to read into this because it makes no sense, I think alot of this says i look at there base before scanning or something? Watch vods of my stream, i always look at fog, then scan immediately afterwards. I think this is s tupid people are calling me a hacker to discredit my "close defeat" in a showmatch. Just because my history people find things to discredit me. Pretty pathetic.

I could go case by case defending myself, but this is just sad.


Unfortunately your replays show that you're lying. The scan happens immediately with the camera move.

edit: removed a statement that turned out to be incorrect
ROOTIllusion
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1060 Posts
June 04 2012 21:18 GMT
#205
On June 05 2012 06:14 Spades wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2012 06:09 iNcontroL wrote:
tbh spades you do play super fishy >_< I played that game recently against you and said basically "wtf this is very hackish" and you said "I play you on my smurf a lot and knew you'd do that" which is USUALLY the #1 "I hack and this is how I will defend myself ambiguously" statement.

I'm no hack expert so I will leave this to those that are but you need to know.. it isn't just a few people that have felt odd about your online game play. ddddddd

If you aren't hacking this is unfortunate but the sins of hacking (even in the past) will always impact you. If you are hacking it's pretty over...


90% of the day i believe people are hacking against me on ladder. Big name players as well. Everyone is just hack crazy now. I stream 90% of my games. I didn't hack in this series, I haven't hacked in SC2. If you want to find things that look suspicious, It's easy. Not one person here can "prove" i hacked, because i didn't. And now my sc2 image is destroyed. So I'm thankful for that. Guess it's time to retire after Anaheim.

Defend the points made and I'll apologize and so should everyone. If you're not cheating, you shouldn't be afraid of defending yourself because there is nothing to lose. Either you play really fishy/"dumb" or you had some amazing game sense in the series, if what you are saying is true.
www.twitter.com/rootillusion & www.facebook.com/illusionsc2
bduddy
Profile Joined May 2012
United States1326 Posts
June 04 2012 21:18 GMT
#206
On June 05 2012 06:08 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2012 06:03 rANDY wrote:
This is the PM I sent to Antoine regarding this situation:


Hello, I decided to watch these games with the intention of finding one non-circumstantial piece of evidence to show if map hacks were being used in order to try and bring some certainty to this situation, as no matter how much circumstantial evidence there is, one cannot use it to convict someone comfortably. I believe I have found some non-circumstantial proof when watching the first replay.

To see this in the replay most clearly, slow the speed right down.

When a terran places a scan using the minimap it will take his camera instanylu to that position with the scan circle centred on the screen.

At 6:23 of game 1 on Antigua Shipyard, when Spades scans Lucifron's base his camera jumps to where the scan is, but the scan is off-center but to the top part of the screen. The only way this is possible is if he was already looking at this area and placed the scan manually not using the mini map and did not click the center of the screen. The only way this was possible is if the screen was locked on his base while he was looking at the fog. You can see in the replay that the screen moved instantly when he scanned to the off center position from his main.

For completeness, at 13:16 in the same game is an example of Lucifron scanning the center of the map using the mini-map. His screen jumps straight to the scan and the scan is exactly central to the screen (where he clicked on the mini-map).

I believe this shows conculsive proof that Spades' screen was locked while viewing Lucifron's base and was therefore using a maphack.

I don't understand the point you are making.

You say that "the only way this is possible is if he was already looking at this area and placed the scan manually not using the mini map and did not click the center of the screen." Which ... is possible without having a camera lock, isn't it? Just as you say, he could just be staring at the fog and manually placing a scan that ended up off-centered.

For the record, Illusion's analysis does sound pretty damning though.
I haven't watched the replays, but I believe what he is saying is that the camera was pointed somewhere else, then immediately jumped to the off-center location when the scan begun, which would only be possible if Spades was using a maphack that hid his camera position.
>Liquid'Nazgul: Of course you are completely right
Spades
Profile Joined September 2010
United States249 Posts
June 04 2012 21:18 GMT
#207
On June 05 2012 06:16 Gardel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2012 06:14 Spades wrote:
On June 05 2012 06:09 iNcontroL wrote:
tbh spades you do play super fishy >_< I played that game recently against you and said basically "wtf this is very hackish" and you said "I play you on my smurf a lot and knew you'd do that" which is USUALLY the #1 "I hack and this is how I will defend myself ambiguously" statement.

I'm no hack expert so I will leave this to those that are but you need to know.. it isn't just a few people that have felt odd about your online game play. ddddddd

If you aren't hacking this is unfortunate but the sins of hacking (even in the past) will always impact you. If you are hacking it's pretty over...


90% of the day i believe people are hacking against me on ladder. Big name players as well. Everyone is just hack crazy now. I stream 90% of my games. I didn't hack in this series, I haven't hacked in SC2. If you want to find things that look suspicious, It's easy. Not one person here can "prove" i hacked, because i didn't. And now my sc2 image is destroyed. So I'm thankful for that. Guess it's time to retire after Anaheim.


Ey man, if you know you really did not hack, then why quit? I know your image will be affected but, you gotta move on there are good days and bad days in life.

If you are honest withyourself and to the community, then you should not let this affect you.

I'm trying to make a career of this, If people think im a cheater, they wont watch me, they wont get lessons from me. I wont get invites. Shit like this tarnishes you, how am i supposed to make money, Next time I do well in something, they will just call me a cheater again. I dealt with this in Broodwar I know how the community is. Unless someone magically makes a program to ACTUALLY DETECT HACKS, i will never been actually proven innocent. I wish this was BW days and they had the hack scanner tt.
Holytornados
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1022 Posts
June 04 2012 21:19 GMT
#208
Sorry man, but never looking at fog of war is weird. Everyone does it occasionally.

Never looking at fog is insane.
CLG/Liquid ~~ youtube.com/reddedgaming
sekalf
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden522 Posts
June 04 2012 21:19 GMT
#209
If he scans using the minimap, moves the mouse a millimeter and then clicks the minimap.
Wont the screen be a bit off-center to the scan?
caradoc
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada3022 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-04 21:21:56
June 04 2012 21:19 GMT
#210
On June 05 2012 06:14 Spades wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2012 06:09 iNcontroL wrote:
tbh spades you do play super fishy >_< I played that game recently against you and said basically "wtf this is very hackish" and you said "I play you on my smurf a lot and knew you'd do that" which is USUALLY the #1 "I hack and this is how I will defend myself ambiguously" statement.

I'm no hack expert so I will leave this to those that are but you need to know.. it isn't just a few people that have felt odd about your online game play. ddddddd

If you aren't hacking this is unfortunate but the sins of hacking (even in the past) will always impact you. If you are hacking it's pretty over...


90% of the day i believe people are hacking against me on ladder. Big name players as well. Everyone is just hack crazy now. I stream 90% of my games. I didn't hack in this series, I haven't hacked in SC2. If you want to find things that look suspicious, It's easy. Not one person here can "prove" i hacked, because i didn't. And now my sc2 image is destroyed. So I'm thankful for that. Guess it's time to retire after Anaheim.



Right, innocent until proven guilty. We wouldn't be having this conversation if not for BW events, and thus far it is just circumstantial.

I think it would be really simple to test the camera centre-ing-on-scan claim, one would just have to make a game, and scan on the minimap several times on the same map in a similar/same location and see if you ever get results similar to what's in the replay. If not, that's pretty solid evidence, if so, then it looks a bit less fishy.

EDIT:

On June 05 2012 06:19 Noam wrote:


Show nested quote +
On June 05 2012 06:03 rANDY wrote:
At 6:23 of game 1 on Antigua Shipyard, when Spades scans Lucifron's base his camera jumps to where the scan is, but the scan is off-center but to the top part of the screen. The only way this is possible is if he was already looking at this area and placed the scan manually not using the mini map and did not click the center of the screen. The only way this was possible is if the screen was locked on his base while he was looking at the fog. You can see in the replay that the screen moved instantly when he scanned to the off center position from his main.

Considering what I wrote above, this is also possible if he scanned the minimap, and his mouse cursor moved slightly down before the 2nd click on the minimap.



ahhhh, right, it's true-- replays don't always reflect perfect camera placement, and suffer from a bit of lag time. It might not be conclusive either way if there were two rapid clicks in succession.
Salvation a la mode and a cup of tea...
Noam
Profile Joined September 2010
Israel2209 Posts
June 04 2012 21:19 GMT
#211
On June 05 2012 06:03 rANDY wrote:
When a terran places a scan using the minimap it will take his camera instanylu to that position with the scan circle centred on the screen.

Can you clarify this a bit?
From what I can tell, when a terran scans on the minimap the camera doesn't change automatically at all. Only if you leftclick the minimap a 2nd time your camera is sent there.

On June 05 2012 06:03 rANDY wrote:
At 6:23 of game 1 on Antigua Shipyard, when Spades scans Lucifron's base his camera jumps to where the scan is, but the scan is off-center but to the top part of the screen. The only way this is possible is if he was already looking at this area and placed the scan manually not using the mini map and did not click the center of the screen. The only way this was possible is if the screen was locked on his base while he was looking at the fog. You can see in the replay that the screen moved instantly when he scanned to the off center position from his main.

Considering what I wrote above, this is also possible if he scanned the minimap, and his mouse cursor moved slightly down before the 2nd click on the minimap.
Liquipedia
Burns
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2300 Posts
June 04 2012 21:20 GMT
#212
+ Show Spoiler +
On June 05 2012 06:18 Spades wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2012 06:16 Gardel wrote:
On June 05 2012 06:14 Spades wrote:
On June 05 2012 06:09 iNcontroL wrote:
tbh spades you do play super fishy >_< I played that game recently against you and said basically "wtf this is very hackish" and you said "I play you on my smurf a lot and knew you'd do that" which is USUALLY the #1 "I hack and this is how I will defend myself ambiguously" statement.

I'm no hack expert so I will leave this to those that are but you need to know.. it isn't just a few people that have felt odd about your online game play. ddddddd

If you aren't hacking this is unfortunate but the sins of hacking (even in the past) will always impact you. If you are hacking it's pretty over...


90% of the day i believe people are hacking against me on ladder. Big name players as well. Everyone is just hack crazy now. I stream 90% of my games. I didn't hack in this series, I haven't hacked in SC2. If you want to find things that look suspicious, It's easy. Not one person here can "prove" i hacked, because i didn't. And now my sc2 image is destroyed. So I'm thankful for that. Guess it's time to retire after Anaheim.


Ey man, if you know you really did not hack, then why quit? I know your image will be affected but, you gotta move on there are good days and bad days in life.

If you are honest withyourself and to the community, then you should not let this affect you.

I'm trying to make a career of this, If people think im a cheater, they wont watch me, they wont get lessons from me. I wont get invites. Shit like this tarnishes you, how am i supposed to make money, Next time I do well in something, they will just call me a cheater again. I dealt with this in Broodwar I know how the community is. Unless someone magically makes a program to ACTUALLY DETECT HACKS, i will never been actually proven innocent. I wish this was BW days and they had the hack scanner tt.



hey its free publicity
What do you mean you heard me during the night, these are quiet pants!
Roxor9999
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands771 Posts
June 04 2012 21:21 GMT
#213
On June 05 2012 06:03 rANDY wrote:
This is the PM I sent to Antoine regarding this situation:


Show nested quote +
Hello, I decided to watch these games with the intention of finding one non-circumstantial piece of evidence to show if map hacks were being used in order to try and bring some certainty to this situation, as no matter how much circumstantial evidence there is, one cannot use it to convict someone comfortably. I believe I have found some non-circumstantial proof when watching the first replay.

To see this in the replay most clearly, slow the speed right down.

When a terran places a scan using the minimap it will take his camera instanylu to that position with the scan circle centred on the screen.

At 6:23 of game 1 on Antigua Shipyard, when Spades scans Lucifron's base his camera jumps to where the scan is, but the scan is off-center but to the top part of the screen. The only way this is possible is if he was already looking at this area and placed the scan manually not using the mini map and did not click the center of the screen. The only way this was possible is if the screen was locked on his base while he was looking at the fog. You can see in the replay that the screen moved instantly when he scanned to the off center position from his main.

For completeness, at 13:16 in the same game is an example of Lucifron scanning the center of the map using the mini-map. His screen jumps straight to the scan and the scan is exactly central to the screen (where he clicked on the mini-map).

I believe this shows conculsive proof that Spades' screen was locked while viewing Lucifron's base and was therefore using a maphack.

This is not true.
http://drop.sc/191482
Denzil
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom4193 Posts
June 04 2012 21:22 GMT
#214
On June 05 2012 06:18 Spades wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2012 06:16 Gardel wrote:
On June 05 2012 06:14 Spades wrote:
On June 05 2012 06:09 iNcontroL wrote:
tbh spades you do play super fishy >_< I played that game recently against you and said basically "wtf this is very hackish" and you said "I play you on my smurf a lot and knew you'd do that" which is USUALLY the #1 "I hack and this is how I will defend myself ambiguously" statement.

I'm no hack expert so I will leave this to those that are but you need to know.. it isn't just a few people that have felt odd about your online game play. ddddddd

If you aren't hacking this is unfortunate but the sins of hacking (even in the past) will always impact you. If you are hacking it's pretty over...


90% of the day i believe people are hacking against me on ladder. Big name players as well. Everyone is just hack crazy now. I stream 90% of my games. I didn't hack in this series, I haven't hacked in SC2. If you want to find things that look suspicious, It's easy. Not one person here can "prove" i hacked, because i didn't. And now my sc2 image is destroyed. So I'm thankful for that. Guess it's time to retire after Anaheim.


Ey man, if you know you really did not hack, then why quit? I know your image will be affected but, you gotta move on there are good days and bad days in life.

If you are honest withyourself and to the community, then you should not let this affect you.

I'm trying to make a career of this, If people think im a cheater, they wont watch me, they wont get lessons from me. I wont get invites. Shit like this tarnishes you, how am i supposed to make money, Next time I do well in something, they will just call me a cheater again. I dealt with this in Broodwar I know how the community is. Unless someone magically makes a program to ACTUALLY DETECT HACKS, i will never been actually proven innocent. I wish this was BW days and they had the hack scanner tt.


Then defend yourself if you're right we'll all put our hands up and say spades you played fucking amazing deserve all the credit
Anna: So Sen how will you prepare for your revenge v MC? Sen: With a smile.
JerKy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)3013 Posts
June 04 2012 21:22 GMT
#215
On June 05 2012 06:18 Spades wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2012 06:16 Gardel wrote:
On June 05 2012 06:14 Spades wrote:
On June 05 2012 06:09 iNcontroL wrote:
tbh spades you do play super fishy >_< I played that game recently against you and said basically "wtf this is very hackish" and you said "I play you on my smurf a lot and knew you'd do that" which is USUALLY the #1 "I hack and this is how I will defend myself ambiguously" statement.

I'm no hack expert so I will leave this to those that are but you need to know.. it isn't just a few people that have felt odd about your online game play. ddddddd

If you aren't hacking this is unfortunate but the sins of hacking (even in the past) will always impact you. If you are hacking it's pretty over...


90% of the day i believe people are hacking against me on ladder. Big name players as well. Everyone is just hack crazy now. I stream 90% of my games. I didn't hack in this series, I haven't hacked in SC2. If you want to find things that look suspicious, It's easy. Not one person here can "prove" i hacked, because i didn't. And now my sc2 image is destroyed. So I'm thankful for that. Guess it's time to retire after Anaheim.


Ey man, if you know you really did not hack, then why quit? I know your image will be affected but, you gotta move on there are good days and bad days in life.

If you are honest withyourself and to the community, then you should not let this affect you.

I'm trying to make a career of this, If people think im a cheater, they wont watch me, they wont get lessons from me. I wont get invites. Shit like this tarnishes you, how am i supposed to make money, Next time I do well in something, they will just call me a cheater again. I dealt with this in Broodwar I know how the community is. Unless someone magically makes a program to ACTUALLY DETECT HACKS, i will never been actually proven innocent. I wish this was BW days and they had the hack scanner tt.


Well, maybe if you started winning some tourneys, actually living up to your name, that wouldnt be a problem
You can type "StarCraft" with just your left hand.
Gheed
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States972 Posts
June 04 2012 21:22 GMT
#216
These type of threads are not good. We can't prove anybody is maphacking without a reliable utility to scan replays for hacks. So what's to stop people from shitting on people's reputations by making threads like this? How many people actually watched the replays before forming an opinion?

Then people demand he defends himself. Is anyone's opinion really going to change based on what he says?

I don't know if he hacks or not, but I just don't like this.
Kibibit
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1551 Posts
June 04 2012 21:23 GMT
#217
On June 05 2012 06:20 Burns wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On June 05 2012 06:18 Spades wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2012 06:16 Gardel wrote:
On June 05 2012 06:14 Spades wrote:
On June 05 2012 06:09 iNcontroL wrote:
tbh spades you do play super fishy >_< I played that game recently against you and said basically "wtf this is very hackish" and you said "I play you on my smurf a lot and knew you'd do that" which is USUALLY the #1 "I hack and this is how I will defend myself ambiguously" statement.

I'm no hack expert so I will leave this to those that are but you need to know.. it isn't just a few people that have felt odd about your online game play. ddddddd

If you aren't hacking this is unfortunate but the sins of hacking (even in the past) will always impact you. If you are hacking it's pretty over...


90% of the day i believe people are hacking against me on ladder. Big name players as well. Everyone is just hack crazy now. I stream 90% of my games. I didn't hack in this series, I haven't hacked in SC2. If you want to find things that look suspicious, It's easy. Not one person here can "prove" i hacked, because i didn't. And now my sc2 image is destroyed. So I'm thankful for that. Guess it's time to retire after Anaheim.


Ey man, if you know you really did not hack, then why quit? I know your image will be affected but, you gotta move on there are good days and bad days in life.

If you are honest withyourself and to the community, then you should not let this affect you.

I'm trying to make a career of this, If people think im a cheater, they wont watch me, they wont get lessons from me. I wont get invites. Shit like this tarnishes you, how am i supposed to make money, Next time I do well in something, they will just call me a cheater again. I dealt with this in Broodwar I know how the community is. Unless someone magically makes a program to ACTUALLY DETECT HACKS, i will never been actually proven innocent. I wish this was BW days and they had the hack scanner tt.



hey its free publicity

That falls along the lines of "All publicity is good publicity", and anyone who legitimately thinks that is an idiot.
R.I.P. 우정호 || Do probes dream of psionic sheep?
Dalton-sc
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada2 Posts
June 04 2012 21:23 GMT
#218
On June 05 2012 06:14 Spades wrote:
90% of the day i believe people are hacking against me on ladder. Big name players as well.


From moderator experience in other communities (open source as well) it is often the hackers that call hacker on everybody else and you are saying 90% of people on ladder you think are hackers. This is either an over exaggeration to which it is pointless to even mention or just more questionable behaviour from you.
CreatureSC2
Profile Joined July 2010
United States156 Posts
June 04 2012 21:23 GMT
#219
I looked at a couple replays and I have to say I'm disappointed. I was going in hoping to see some blatant map hacking so I can sharpen my pitch fork and just hate the fuck out of spades. But unfortunately I didn't get that, in fact a lot of what I saw is just normal reactions that players make. And some of the things that he wrote down as potential map hacks are actually just fucking pathetic. Like things that aren't even close to possibly being map hacks. So I'm upset at the person who made this thread for wasting my time. Until he admits to map hacking or there is concrete evidence, I'm of the belief that Spades isn't map hacking and that the person who made this thread just dislikes spades.
EtherealDeath
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States8366 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-04 21:24:57
June 04 2012 21:23 GMT
#220
On June 05 2012 06:03 rANDY wrote:
This is the PM I sent to Antoine regarding this situation:


Show nested quote +
Hello, I decided to watch these games with the intention of finding one non-circumstantial piece of evidence to show if map hacks were being used in order to try and bring some certainty to this situation, as no matter how much circumstantial evidence there is, one cannot use it to convict someone comfortably. I believe I have found some non-circumstantial proof when watching the first replay.

To see this in the replay most clearly, slow the speed right down.

When a terran places a scan using the minimap it will take his camera instanylu to that position with the scan circle centred on the screen.

At 6:23 of game 1 on Antigua Shipyard, when Spades scans Lucifron's base his camera jumps to where the scan is, but the scan is off-center but to the top part of the screen. The only way this is possible is if he was already looking at this area and placed the scan manually not using the mini map and did not click the center of the screen. The only way this was possible is if the screen was locked on his base while he was looking at the fog. You can see in the replay that the screen moved instantly when he scanned to the off center position from his main.

For completeness, at 13:16 in the same game is an example of Lucifron scanning the center of the map using the mini-map. His screen jumps straight to the scan and the scan is exactly central to the screen (where he clicked on the mini-map).

I believe this shows conculsive proof that Spades' screen was locked while viewing Lucifron's base and was therefore using a maphack.


I'm going to thoroughly test this out, make a vid etc. There isn't any difference between the camera mechanics on single vs multiplayer mode right? Cause I don't want to risk running a maphack on my account while online... haha.

edit:
On June 05 2012 06:21 Roxor9999 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2012 06:03 rANDY wrote:
This is the PM I sent to Antoine regarding this situation:


Hello, I decided to watch these games with the intention of finding one non-circumstantial piece of evidence to show if map hacks were being used in order to try and bring some certainty to this situation, as no matter how much circumstantial evidence there is, one cannot use it to convict someone comfortably. I believe I have found some non-circumstantial proof when watching the first replay.

To see this in the replay most clearly, slow the speed right down.

When a terran places a scan using the minimap it will take his camera instanylu to that position with the scan circle centred on the screen.

At 6:23 of game 1 on Antigua Shipyard, when Spades scans Lucifron's base his camera jumps to where the scan is, but the scan is off-center but to the top part of the screen. The only way this is possible is if he was already looking at this area and placed the scan manually not using the mini map and did not click the center of the screen. The only way this was possible is if the screen was locked on his base while he was looking at the fog. You can see in the replay that the screen moved instantly when he scanned to the off center position from his main.

For completeness, at 13:16 in the same game is an example of Lucifron scanning the center of the map using the mini-map. His screen jumps straight to the scan and the scan is exactly central to the screen (where he clicked on the mini-map).

I believe this shows conculsive proof that Spades' screen was locked while viewing Lucifron's base and was therefore using a maphack.

This is not true.
http://drop.sc/191482


Hmmm...
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 298 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 86
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2102
Shuttle 1015
Dewaltoss 74
Hm[arnc] 38
Bale 31
Noble 30
ZergMaN 14
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm159
League of Legends
JimRising 610
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1127
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor634
Other Games
summit1g7556
PiGStarcraft294
C9.Mang0279
Mew2King158
RuFF_SC268
ViBE61
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream73
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 28
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2321
League of Legends
• Lourlo1124
• Rush1090
• Stunt366
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
7h 45m
OSC
16h 45m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 4h
Online Event
1d 5h
FEL
1d 10h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.