• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:39
CEST 22:39
KST 05:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7963 users

Blizzard announces HoTS Feature List - Page 42

Forum Index > SC2 General
1504 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 76 Next
Pipeline
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1673 Posts
May 07 2012 23:09 GMT
#821
For once I'm truly 100% behind these features. A good solid edition to the existing battle.net! Now all we need are proper chat rooms !
Noro
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada991 Posts
May 07 2012 23:10 GMT
#822
@.@ They DO care!
Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I'd strike the sun if it insulted me.
ZackAttack
Profile Joined June 2011
United States884 Posts
May 07 2012 23:12 GMT
#823
I am so excited for watching replays with my buds! I always have stuff I want to show but can't.
It's better aerodynamics for space. - Artosis
scsnow
Profile Joined April 2010
Slovenia515 Posts
May 07 2012 23:13 GMT
#824
Resume from replay... from any point in the game I hope.

Very nice by Blizzard!!!
Serpico
Profile Joined May 2010
4285 Posts
May 07 2012 23:13 GMT
#825
On May 08 2012 07:40 Mzimzim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2012 07:36 Gigaudas wrote:
Multiplayer resume from replay
Global Play
Multilanguage support
Clan/group system
Unranked matchmaking
Multiplayer replay viewing


While I'll def. have to purchase the expansion I can't help but hate Blizzard even more for being a company that makes money by screwing customers over.

These functions aren't something that you should get in an expansion, they are easy to implement and should've been patched into the game as soon as Blizzard realized people's demand for them (which should've been back in the beta of 2010).

I used to be happy to help fund Blizzard. Now I consider them a scourge of the gaming market, a company who's ideals must be fought for the sake of us gamers - and the only way a customer can fight is with his wallet.


Coming from console gaming and having to pay for Xbox Live and a new COD every 6 months, you won't see me complaining. As long as this will remain a good game for years to come, I don't mind paying $60 for the expansions.

Just the attitude pc gaming doesn't need. I don't see the rationale of paying that much for an expansion.
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
May 07 2012 23:14 GMT
#826
...and we all thought Blizzard didn't care about the community and wasn't listening. Little did we know, while we were busy knocking them, they were already working on all these new and cool features we were asking for!
One of the more ironic things I've seen in life, if you ask me.
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
SeraKuDA
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada343 Posts
May 07 2012 23:14 GMT
#827
On May 08 2012 08:13 scsnow wrote:
Resume from replay... from any point in the game I hope.

Very nice by Blizzard!!!


I think now you're asking for too much.
yawnoC
Profile Joined December 2010
United States3704 Posts
May 07 2012 23:15 GMT
#828
See guys Blizzard DOES care :D
GG - UNiVeRsE is the best player in the WORLD
Catchafire2000
Profile Joined August 2010
United States227 Posts
May 07 2012 23:17 GMT
#829
While I'm very happy for the additions, I am expecting a bit more as these features are present in prior Blizzard games. What would really knock my socks is if they added an observer mode a la DOTA 2 where I can actually watch a tournament game IN GAME, or randomly hop into a friends game to observe.
jabooty
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
May 07 2012 23:18 GMT
#830
On May 08 2012 08:13 Serpico wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2012 07:40 Mzimzim wrote:
On May 08 2012 07:36 Gigaudas wrote:
Multiplayer resume from replay
Global Play
Multilanguage support
Clan/group system
Unranked matchmaking
Multiplayer replay viewing


While I'll def. have to purchase the expansion I can't help but hate Blizzard even more for being a company that makes money by screwing customers over.

These functions aren't something that you should get in an expansion, they are easy to implement and should've been patched into the game as soon as Blizzard realized people's demand for them (which should've been back in the beta of 2010).

I used to be happy to help fund Blizzard. Now I consider them a scourge of the gaming market, a company who's ideals must be fought for the sake of us gamers - and the only way a customer can fight is with his wallet.


Coming from console gaming and having to pay for Xbox Live and a new COD every 6 months, you won't see me complaining. As long as this will remain a good game for years to come, I don't mind paying $60 for the expansions.

Just the attitude pc gaming doesn't need. I don't see the rationale of paying that much for an expansion.


Depends on the expansion size. An update like this is HUGE. It brings a new campaign, new units, TONS of balance work and now all these new features we were asking for. It seems comparable in scale to the original game, or at least comparable enough to warrant paying 60 dollars for it.
If it was just the new campaign, or even the new campaign and the tons of work going into creating and balancing the new units during and after development, I wouldn't pay full price. Fortunately for them, this laundry list of awesome features that they just dumped on us warrants the payment I feel.
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
Aetherial
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia917 Posts
May 07 2012 23:19 GMT
#831
Hmm what about improving chat rooms etc... otherwise awesome!
Kryt0s
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany209 Posts
May 07 2012 23:19 GMT
#832
This is the most beautiful thing I have ever read. I am so excited for HOTS I really cant wait.
Pocky52
Profile Joined November 2011
United States463 Posts
May 07 2012 23:20 GMT
#833
Wow, this is actually amazing, I can't wait for HotS even if the balance isn't that great to begin with... Also even though, Blizzard doesn't officially read these forums, I'm glad that they will know that the community responds well when they do what we want... Even though it's more than likely this is to entail the selling of the expansion, I'm happy about the changes, and will definitely be buying HotS. Thank you Blizz, we are grateful.
Kiett
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States7639 Posts
May 07 2012 23:22 GMT
#834
[16:17] <SirJolt> Man, this news about all the heart of the swarm changes bums me out
[16:18] <SirJolt> Blizzard spends two years saying, "IT CAN'T BE DONE!" "THE TECHNOLOGY ISN'T THERE!" and now it turns around and says, "For the low, low cost of $60, the technology can be there."
Writer:o
halfies
Profile Joined November 2011
United Kingdom327 Posts
May 07 2012 23:23 GMT
#835
a reason to buy HoTS. sad that it took so long, but i guess they needed some selling points to make us buy it.
forsooth
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3648 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-08 01:50:57
May 07 2012 23:27 GMT
#836
On May 08 2012 07:34 Smackzilla wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2012 07:24 DrAbuse wrote:
"1. Throw a game with an unfinished UI on the market 2. Add the features in the expansions and make everyone praise you for that 3. Profit!!!"
-EG.iNcontroL on iTG


Meh, I'd rather have Wings of Liberty in July 2010, rather than November 2012. I wish the features were in the original, but seriously, I'm glad they didnt delay SC2 any more than they did. Problems and all, the last two years of SC2 have been a blast.


You're missing the point. Several of the things they're adding have already existed for well over a decade in the original version of b.net. There's no excuse for them to not have been in WOL at release in the first place. And to suggest that an additional 2 1/2 years would be needed to add them is pretty silly.
whatthefat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States918 Posts
May 07 2012 23:27 GMT
#837
Finally.
SlayerS_BoxeR: "I always feel sorry towards Greg (Grack?) T_T"
say1988
Profile Joined April 2011
9 Posts
May 07 2012 23:27 GMT
#838
Wow. If all this happens, StarCraft II will have almost all the functionality it should have had on launch (*cough*LAN*cough* at least provided to all significant tournaments).

Don't get me wrong, StarCraft II is a great game. But some of teh back end and things like Bnet have been sorely lacking.
.Carnage
Profile Joined August 2010
United States99 Posts
May 07 2012 23:27 GMT
#839
Still no LAN, technology forecast says it just won't be there yet!
He's just not the fastest zergling in the control group. -DayJ
Chronos.
Profile Joined February 2012
United States805 Posts
May 07 2012 23:30 GMT
#840
I knew Blizzard would pull through eventually! I've gotta say, the features I'm most excited for are Global Play and Unranked Matchmaking, two features that I never even was thinking of.
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1657
RotterdaM1016
TaKeTV 273
SteadfastSC213
IndyStarCraft 207
ZombieGrub98
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1657
RotterdaM 1016
MaxPax 241
SteadfastSC 213
IndyStarCraft 207
RuFF_SC2 141
ZombieGrub98
Nina 8
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2571
Shuttle 432
Mind 65
910 62
Bale 13
Counter-Strike
Fnx 712
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu917
Other Games
summit1g5282
Grubby2655
shahzam534
Beastyqt504
ToD204
C9.Mang0202
UpATreeSC50
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV237
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 184
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 33
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2694
League of Legends
• TFBlade500
Other Games
• imaqtpie885
• Shiphtur308
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 21m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 21m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
14h 21m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.