• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:20
CEST 07:20
KST 14:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7039 users

MLG Broadcast Feedback - Page 29

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All
ninjamyst
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1903 Posts
February 27 2012 02:10 GMT
#561
On February 27 2012 10:22 SCJethro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2012 10:20 meelmutsTL wrote:
I posted this on Reddit just now too but it's worth repeating:

Only one thing really REALLY stood out for me. No aftershow. MKP won and the presentation was: OKAY THATS IT thanks for watching all byebye go to bed now.

This is no way to present your climactic moment! Look at GSL team arena! I want huge celebrations, I want MKP being hugged to death from all sides by all the other players, I want to see the other players celebrating.. throw us a bone!


His team isnt there -- all the other players he beat arent going to hug him. Its hard to have huge celebration without a crowd too.



Leenock would hug him =P. But yes, no presentation or ceremony was pretty sad. Almost made the tournament insignificant. Remember HerO's dreamhack ceremony? That was epic. This was not.
Voros
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States222 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-27 02:12:00
February 27 2012 02:11 GMT
#562
Excellent presentation from top to bottom. I missed Sean and everything that he brings to the table, but outside of that I had very few complaints about the quality of the cast.

Rob had a few problems with speaking over his co-caster on the first day, but as of Saturday his microphone etiquette improved tremendously. Enjoyed his commentary and presence, and based on the high quality of his work, I'd like to see further integration of Blizzard's E-sports team in future casts. He has a bright future in front of the microphone.

Might try separating duties more between casters and anchors--make Wheat and JP full-time anchors who provide panels, updates, and insight between games, and limit the casts themselves to established duos (Tastosis, DayX, etc).

I didn't care for the new casters on the third stream (got drunk by taking a drink everytime one of them said "slo-verlords"), but I like the idea of auditioning new casting talent on the less-watched games in the first few rounds of the tournament. Would like to see a rotation of new talent auditioned in this spot in future MLG events.
farside604
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Canada127 Posts
February 27 2012 02:12 GMT
#563
Like the casting, it was kinda cool to divide up Tastosis throughout the tournament. It was very weird not having a crowd it felt much less exciting.
Stoffelhase
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany162 Posts
February 27 2012 02:13 GMT
#564
sorry if i post this here again, but i have a rule question:
what would have happened at mlg if:
huk would have won against drg -> huk vs mkp finals

Finals:
first "bo3" -> actually a extended bo7 with MKP 2:0 in the lead
then i.e. huks wins this 4:2

now we have 2 options:
1.) huk won the tournament overall without MKP ever dropping to the lower bracket! he would just be eliminated with losing his first match (i cant really believe this)
or
2.) MKP drops to the losers bracked (like he did against drg now) and the will play another "bo3". But this would have been their third "bo3". Would this then be actually a Bo11 with huk 4:2 in the lead?

this case actually never happened so far, does anyone know FOR SURE how this would have been handled (good explaination and maybe sources)?
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
February 27 2012 02:16 GMT
#565
AFAIK, its a series of Bo3's.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Spaceneil8
Profile Joined February 2011
United States317 Posts
February 27 2012 02:17 GMT
#566
On February 27 2012 11:13 Stoffelhase wrote:
sorry if i post this here again, but i have a rule question:
what would have happened at mlg if:
huk would have won against drg -> huk vs mkp finals

Finals:
first "bo3" -> actually a extended bo7 with MKP 2:0 in the lead
then i.e. huks wins this 4:2

now we have 2 options:
1.) huk won the tournament overall without MKP ever dropping to the lower bracket! he would just be eliminated with losing his first match (i cant really believe this)
or
2.) MKP drops to the losers bracked (like he did against drg now) and the will play another "bo3". But this would have been their third "bo3". Would this then be actually a Bo11 with huk 4:2 in the lead?

this case actually never happened so far, does anyone know FOR SURE how this would have been handled (good explaination and maybe sources)?

Huk wouldn't win it 4-2. MKP only has to win 2 games while huk has to win 4. MKP losing 4 games would be equivalent to losing two bo3 sets, 2 games each.
Secret05
Profile Joined August 2010
United States342 Posts
February 27 2012 02:18 GMT
#567
MLG should get those two guys that do when cheese fails... they are the funniest two people I've ever heard cast sc2... that would be awesome
Michigan Zerg Player
Enki
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2548 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-27 04:33:14
February 27 2012 02:20 GMT
#568
On February 27 2012 10:24 CEPEHDREI wrote:
So in the end again not good enough for $20.

you can get the same at every other big event(maybe not the same player lineup but thats not enough for $20). Bad casting (except tastosis/grubby/maybe slightly djwheat), bad ending(no price ceremony? NOTHING?!? Come on...), no crowd(BIG MINUS), interviews were boring aswell. It was just game after game(and for me not even enough games to rly say that was worth it). Too many games at the same time with too many bad casters, bad observing.

Bad times for europe, laggy streams, streams going off in the finals, people who havent paid can watch 4free, drpepper stream or whatever it was called was kinda useless.

It was a good event but as i said not good enough for $20.


Pretty much how I feel about it. Dunno if I will even bother buying the next one if restreams will be available or if people who haven't paid can watch the streams in full quality....like wtf. In the event that I would feel like buying it, I wouldn't pay $20 for it again...it was worth maybe $10, $15 at the most in my mind.
"Practice, practice, practice. And when you're not practicing you should be practicing. It's the only way to get better. The only way." I run the Smix Fanclub!
Stoffelhase
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany162 Posts
February 27 2012 02:25 GMT
#569
On February 27 2012 11:17 Spaceneil8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2012 11:13 Stoffelhase wrote:
sorry if i post this here again, but i have a rule question:
what would have happened at mlg if:
huk would have won against drg -> huk vs mkp finals

Finals:
first "bo3" -> actually a extended bo7 with MKP 2:0 in the lead
then i.e. huks wins this 4:2

now we have 2 options:
1.) huk won the tournament overall without MKP ever dropping to the lower bracket! he would just be eliminated with losing his first match (i cant really believe this)
or
2.) MKP drops to the losers bracked (like he did against drg now) and the will play another "bo3". But this would have been their third "bo3". Would this then be actually a Bo11 with huk 4:2 in the lead?

this case actually never happened so far, does anyone know FOR SURE how this would have been handled (good explaination and maybe sources)?

Huk wouldn't win it 4-2. MKP only has to win 2 games while huk has to win 4. MKP losing 4 games would be equivalent to losing two bo3 sets, 2 games each.

Have you any proof for this? Just saying one Bo7 loss counts as two Bo3 losses doesnt really convince me.
dcemuser
Profile Joined August 2010
United States3248 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-27 02:34:16
February 27 2012 02:31 GMT
#570
On February 27 2012 11:25 Stoffelhase wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2012 11:17 Spaceneil8 wrote:
On February 27 2012 11:13 Stoffelhase wrote:
sorry if i post this here again, but i have a rule question:
what would have happened at mlg if:
huk would have won against drg -> huk vs mkp finals

Finals:
first "bo3" -> actually a extended bo7 with MKP 2:0 in the lead
then i.e. huks wins this 4:2

now we have 2 options:
1.) huk won the tournament overall without MKP ever dropping to the lower bracket! he would just be eliminated with losing his first match (i cant really believe this)
or
2.) MKP drops to the losers bracked (like he did against drg now) and the will play another "bo3". But this would have been their third "bo3". Would this then be actually a Bo11 with huk 4:2 in the lead?

this case actually never happened so far, does anyone know FOR SURE how this would have been handled (good explaination and maybe sources)?

Huk wouldn't win it 4-2. MKP only has to win 2 games while huk has to win 4. MKP losing 4 games would be equivalent to losing two bo3 sets, 2 games each.

Have you any proof for this? Just saying one Bo7 loss counts as two Bo3 losses doesnt really convince me.


http://pro.majorleaguegaming.com/competitions/25#event_54_competition-format

Point #4 and #5
Endall
Profile Joined August 2011
United States66 Posts
February 27 2012 02:32 GMT
#571
My take is that for anybody in their right mind to watch 3 consecutive days of Starcraft 2 action has not nearly the responsibilities that most individuals have. I will not pay $20 for a weekend as I am constantly leaving to and from over those 3 days. $20 is too much for me to lay down for something I cannot jump in head over heels. From what I heard though there were some fantastic games and good atmosphere as well as the streaming quality. If the price lowers significantly or offers further discount to a Gold Membership, which I am, then I cannot support with my monies. I will continue to support MLG through Gold Membership though.
No reply.
Tula
Profile Joined December 2010
Austria1544 Posts
February 27 2012 02:32 GMT
#572
On February 27 2012 11:25 Stoffelhase wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2012 11:17 Spaceneil8 wrote:
On February 27 2012 11:13 Stoffelhase wrote:
sorry if i post this here again, but i have a rule question:
what would have happened at mlg if:
huk would have won against drg -> huk vs mkp finals

Finals:
first "bo3" -> actually a extended bo7 with MKP 2:0 in the lead
then i.e. huks wins this 4:2

now we have 2 options:
1.) huk won the tournament overall without MKP ever dropping to the lower bracket! he would just be eliminated with losing his first match (i cant really believe this)
or
2.) MKP drops to the losers bracked (like he did against drg now) and the will play another "bo3". But this would have been their third "bo3". Would this then be actually a Bo11 with huk 4:2 in the lead?

this case actually never happened so far, does anyone know FOR SURE how this would have been handled (good explaination and maybe sources)?

Huk wouldn't win it 4-2. MKP only has to win 2 games while huk has to win 4. MKP losing 4 games would be equivalent to losing two bo3 sets, 2 games each.

Have you any proof for this? Just saying one Bo7 loss counts as two Bo3 losses doesnt really convince me.


if the other guy is up 2:0 from the extended series? Honestly with that kind of advantadge you'd need to win 4:1 at the worst, which would be a fairly decisive series.

The more common case is that the finals either go to the guy coming from the upper bracket straight up, or that he wins within a few games at most. We have had quite a few MLGs where the final was a single Bo3 because the upper bracket guy won straight.
quaffle
Profile Joined December 2010
United States249 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-27 02:35:31
February 27 2012 02:32 GMT
#573
This was really great, guys! Just a few things Ill say before I begin my feedback: I watched mainly 480p for everything, just a preference/computer issue thing. I missed the finals, but it's all good, Ill watch the VODs. I did pay the $20 for the broadcast, Ive been impressed with your improvement from tournament to tournament and support your moves forward.

The Good
  • Layout options!
    I had the Trio option open for 60% of the time. It was really nice to switch from stream-to-stream so quickly. I full screened when I knew I didnt want to watch anything else.
  • Tastosis
    This kinda goes without saying, but its really nice to hear these guys cast SC2 games. Artosis was spot-on with almost all his commentary, predicting builds 10 supply or a full minute in advance... pretty damn impressive.
  • Camera views / Backdrop
    I loved the view in the background. Many people will probably say it doesnt mean anything, but you guys got this right. Seeing the city behind the players/during interviews was a really cool feature. Having just a room for the players was nice, they seemed comfortable, which always presents a nice atmosphere. Im sure to get this you sacrificed a live audience, but I say it was 99% worth it. Backdrops on casters were clean as well, it was easy to watch, I enjoyed it.
  • Nos Corner
    Im sure this is your equivalent to "The Couch" from Dreamhack. Good job, I enjoyed the fun atmosphere it brought to the post-game analysis.
  • Grubby Casting
    This dude needs to be paid big bucks to cast more games. A message to whoever gets him to cast for you: Do what it takes to get him there! A message to Grubby: You fucking rock! And just to throw it out there, I really enjoyed Axslav casting as well, thumbs up to him.
  • Pregame shows
    In general, I just enjoy watching these. Getting everyones predictions etc. Day 1 was really great, though, I wish there was some more "professionalism" and a more official... idk how to describe it, but I wish the casters were more direct with their own predictions past Day 1. *good job Rob with the Devil Terran ;D*
  • Always something to watch
    Day 1 and Day 2, there was always a stream with games or some type of analysis going on. And if there wasnt, it wasnt for long. I usually used that time to pee or get a few things done around the house anyway. =)


The Bad
  • The Lag!
    This is an issue for all touranments, so I feel a bit bad mentioning it. But 1080p was really difficult to even attempt. I know my computer can handle a single stream at 1080p or 720p, but 1080p was always a bit difficult to follow. Before the paywall went up, 720p+ was unbearable at times as well. 480p and below were perfect, I never lagged, ever.
  • Day 2, there was a kid in the Dr Pepper Room
    I know, Im going to hell for hating on a kid. But he interrupted an interview, he was kinda all over the players (if I were there, Id be annoyed on a pro level) and he played a few Customs that got streamed where he did (literally) nothing. Probably just me.
  • Stay on topic casters!
    There were times after an exciting game, the casters would ask the Nos Corner their thoughts and they would say "Oh, I missed the game, but I saw this one!" and there would be no post-game analysis for the game that was just shown. It irritated me a bit.
  • Signing in...
    I had to sign in after the paywall was put up Day 1 about 15 times. Sometimes, it would ask me mid-game. From what I read in the chat, others experienced the same problem. Day 2 a little better, but it still asked me to log in ~5 times. Day 3 there were no issues, so good job there!? Not sure what was different.
  • Instant Replays
    Great idea to have them after the game! Though, battle.net doesnt really allow the technology to make this easy, I understand. The replay portions of the post game analysis got messy and sometimes repetitive. I really, really, really like the idea of instant replays and I hope you all come up with a way to incorporate this idea in a more effective and "cool" manner.
  • No smack talk?!
    SotG discussed some about NASLs setup of the same-booth setup and how itd be fun to hear the players talk smack. I understand you guys have no control over how players interact, but perhaps you all could encourage them somehow. ;D Also, the keyboard clicking noises, get on that. Strangely enough, I do enjoy that when I watch streamers.



There are many more Good things I didnt mention because they are things I straight-up expect from tournaments of your status. There are also more good and bad things I am forgetting, Im sure. But overall, as I stated above, I really enjoyed the tournament. It was 100% worth the $20. Anyone that is complaining about the cost is either too young to own a credit card/paypal, just didnt have the time to watch this weekend (thus will wait for the VODs), or are simply butt hurt (sorry guys). If people are going to "pirate" the tournament live, dont be bitching about the price, just continue to hurt e-sports in your own way and stop spamming threads with your whining. Honestly, I wish there was a Barcraft I could have attended within an hour of me (Round Lake, IL) that I could have spent my $20 on beer instead. ^_^ Cheers MLG.

P.S. Fly Husky and Day9 out next time no matter the cost, I love them. o.0 (no homo)
Your success is only measured by the strength of your competitors.
Tula
Profile Joined December 2010
Austria1544 Posts
February 27 2012 02:35 GMT
#574
On February 27 2012 11:10 BlackGosu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2012 10:53 GARO wrote:
On February 27 2012 10:26 BlackGosu wrote:
well i got to watch the broadcast free. only complaint is that sometimes the ad for subscription keeps coming up and i have to refresh it until it streams properly.

Are you for real? You're complaining because the PPV wall actually did something once in a while to try and deter you?

why shouldn't I? after all this should be a free event. I suppose you think LAN support is a privilege to have as well?

god, think before you post.

are you serious?

I hope to god this is an epic troll attempt at best.
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
February 27 2012 02:35 GMT
#575
On February 27 2012 11:25 Stoffelhase wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2012 11:17 Spaceneil8 wrote:
On February 27 2012 11:13 Stoffelhase wrote:
sorry if i post this here again, but i have a rule question:
what would have happened at mlg if:
huk would have won against drg -> huk vs mkp finals

Finals:
first "bo3" -> actually a extended bo7 with MKP 2:0 in the lead
then i.e. huks wins this 4:2

now we have 2 options:
1.) huk won the tournament overall without MKP ever dropping to the lower bracket! he would just be eliminated with losing his first match (i cant really believe this)
or
2.) MKP drops to the losers bracked (like he did against drg now) and the will play another "bo3". But this would have been their third "bo3". Would this then be actually a Bo11 with huk 4:2 in the lead?

this case actually never happened so far, does anyone know FOR SURE how this would have been handled (good explaination and maybe sources)?

Huk wouldn't win it 4-2. MKP only has to win 2 games while huk has to win 4. MKP losing 4 games would be equivalent to losing two bo3 sets, 2 games each.

Have you any proof for this? Just saying one Bo7 loss counts as two Bo3 losses doesnt really convince me.

If huk advanced to the finals, he starts the Bo7 down 0-2, meaning he has to win 4 games, while MKP only needs to win 2. If huk wins the first 2, the series is tied 2-2. At the point it would be MKP dropping down to the lower bracket where the play a Bo3 to decide the finals.
www.superbeerbrothers.com
feardragon
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States973 Posts
February 27 2012 02:43 GMT
#576
I honestly thought it went like really well for the most part but one of the biggest issue was just what happened on the last day. I went to a get together with my college's Starcraft Club for a viewing party and here's the response I have for that last day that caused the biggest issue.

A lot of the excitement the first two days was watching these super pumped and rigged matches. And it was completely fine that there wasn't a crowd for those first two days because there were so many great matches going on that there was hype built up just by the fact that so many of these amazing players were playing. But when it comes down to one game being played at a time on the last day for the finals, with lots of downtime in-between, you need really solid analysis between games and a crowd to produce hype. What ended up happening was the casters were unable to provide much deep post-game analysis because they were just trying to build hype for these epic games being played in the finals. Unfortunately, it's really hard to build hype when there's lag going on in games, big downtime, and such. Thus, the casters aren't able to provide the proper amount of hype for these games as the tournament nears its end and they're torn between providing analysis and trying to create the hype.

What needs to happen is the casters need to be able to depend on the crowd's cheering, aw's and oo's to provide hype so they can both focus on providing analysis, and build off the crowd's hype. When the casters build off the crowd's hype, the crowd becomes even more hyped and they feed off each other. THAT is what can make many games incredibly epic. I was happy to see Sundance acknowledge that some things could have gone better and I hope he makes an effort to address this problem. Even MKP was addressing the issue after his win. Another glaring problem was the lack of an awards ceremony but I think that's been talked about a good lot so I'll let other people continue to post on that.
Ok Starcraft 2 Commentator
Stoffelhase
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany162 Posts
February 27 2012 02:43 GMT
#577
On February 27 2012 11:31 dcemuser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2012 11:25 Stoffelhase wrote:
On February 27 2012 11:17 Spaceneil8 wrote:
On February 27 2012 11:13 Stoffelhase wrote:
sorry if i post this here again, but i have a rule question:
what would have happened at mlg if:
huk would have won against drg -> huk vs mkp finals

Finals:
first "bo3" -> actually a extended bo7 with MKP 2:0 in the lead
then i.e. huks wins this 4:2

now we have 2 options:
1.) huk won the tournament overall without MKP ever dropping to the lower bracket! he would just be eliminated with losing his first match (i cant really believe this)
or
2.) MKP drops to the losers bracked (like he did against drg now) and the will play another "bo3". But this would have been their third "bo3". Would this then be actually a Bo11 with huk 4:2 in the lead?

this case actually never happened so far, does anyone know FOR SURE how this would have been handled (good explaination and maybe sources)?

Huk wouldn't win it 4-2. MKP only has to win 2 games while huk has to win 4. MKP losing 4 games would be equivalent to losing two bo3 sets, 2 games each.

Have you any proof for this? Just saying one Bo7 loss counts as two Bo3 losses doesnt really convince me.


http://pro.majorleaguegaming.com/competitions/25#event_54_competition-format

Point #4 and #5

Thank you! That explains everything but might lead to another bad case:
If Player A gets first in Poolplay with a 4-1 matchrecord, just losing to Player B and they meet again in the grand final (Player B coming from the lower bracket) then the Winner Bracket champion Player A goes into the final with a disadvantage. This feels wrong, but seems to be the system :/
Zocat
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2229 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-27 02:59:19
February 27 2012 02:44 GMT
#578
On February 27 2012 10:34 ZandeSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2012 10:26 Zocat wrote:
Basically caster feedback:
Especially Wheat & Tasteless (though the others do as well):
You guys often cannot say a complete sentence without "ahh".

I know it's difficult to think of cool & fun stuff on the fly (probably even more in dualcasting and you expected your partner to jump in), but those "aaahs" really annoy me. Just have a small pause (or talk slower in non exciting moments) - it's better (mentally say "pause" to yourself when you would say "aah" normally), but please try to work on that.



If they annoy you so much, why dont you turn off the sound?

Their personalities and their "aaah" makes them cast these events and GSL code S aswell.
I hope they dont change at all.


What has their personality to do with my complain?
To clarify - I dont mean "AAAH ITS SO EXCITING". But more of an "aeh" sound.
I'm talking about (hyperbole):
"Well this game was really good, aeh, <playername> had a good strategy and his opponent, aeh, just couldnt deal with this. So, aeh, what do you think <caster>"
+ Show Spoiler [Basically this] +

Starts ~0:22



I will edit my post to clarify this (since I think you could misinterpret my complain as a "dont be so excited" complain).
bovineblitz
Profile Joined September 2010
United States314 Posts
February 27 2012 02:46 GMT
#579
On February 27 2012 09:24 goldenwitch wrote:
The MLG quality has been great, you guys seriously need to relax a little bit and fix the issues with your own computer, rather than complaining about problems other people aren't even having.


I missed over 3min of a game at a barcraft after it had already been reduced to 480p due to stream quality/lag issues. I had no idea what happened and it came back with lopsided supply.

If they're going to promote going to barcrafts they should at least make sure it's going to work in low quality for said events.
bovineblitz
Profile Joined September 2010
United States314 Posts
February 27 2012 02:47 GMT
#580
On February 27 2012 09:25 enecateReAP wrote:
I feel my IQ dropping from reading all the ill-thought out posts in here, especially when people are blaming MLG for the stream lag when it isn't them handling the streaming x.X;
People just need to take a step back, either cool down and post something which actually contributes or login to reddit, there are many like you there.

(To add: I got 1080p without any lag for the first two days with minor lag on 3rd day)

Was very happy with the broadcast personally.


It's MLG's event, thus when there's streaming issues it's MLG's problem.

Pretty fucking simple logic.
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1301
910 97
Hyun 92
NotJumperer 62
Bale 41
Noble 18
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto16
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King134
Other Games
summit1g7357
Coldzera 732
JimRising 608
WinterStarcraft396
PiGStarcraft241
C9.Mang0239
NeuroSwarm165
ViBE2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick668
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 37
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2130
League of Legends
• Lourlo1089
• Rush1032
• Stunt303
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 40m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5h 40m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
18h 40m
Patches Events
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.