• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:23
CEST 22:23
KST 05:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8480 users

UI still sub-par 2 years later. Why don't we care? - Page 49

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 87 Next
Apollo324
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada40 Posts
February 10 2012 22:37 GMT
#961
Really want a blue response to this topic...still going strong on the BNet forums (*shudder*)...must not get derailed by the new patch notes
"If the grass is greener on the other side...mow your damn lawn!"
SigmaoctanusIV
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States3313 Posts
February 11 2012 03:16 GMT
#962
On February 11 2012 07:36 JackDT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2012 06:33 Goblinoid wrote:
On February 11 2012 02:48 Flomast3RRR wrote:
Guys!
Get ready for action:

http://www.reddit.com/tb/pji6i


I know you're frustrated, but I feel like this is unnecessary. We need to keep the discussion civil, they technically don't owe us anything and we're trying to show them how important these features are to maintain a strong playerbase. If we act like arse-faces to them, do you think they'll want to help us?


Yes. It's not about demanding things from Blizzard. It's about getting Blizzard to understand the mistakes they make when they over streamline, and that fixing these things will be better for the Starcraft community AND their bottom line in the long run.


This is a good way to get them to own up or atleast work something out. If I lived near to Irvine I would probably go there and stand out there. I love SC2 but it needs more no doubt.
I am Godzilla You are Japan
Shockk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany2269 Posts
February 11 2012 06:42 GMT
#963
On February 11 2012 02:48 Flomast3RRR wrote:
Guys!
Get ready for action:

http://www.reddit.com/tb/pji6i


That's a ... questionable idea, to put it mildly (though I do applaud the author's enthusiasm).

We're not looking to make trouble, or forcefully spread bad PR - this could easily backfire and destroy any credibility we have. I'll quote myself here as to what we should do:

What we can do, however, is to stay polite, stay patient, and to convince those who don't yet know what they're missing of our arguments. By giving them a comparison they may have been lacking, or by sharing our passion in a convincing way with anecdotes, valuable input and sheer numbers of contributors.
TrojanSC2
Profile Joined February 2012
United States82 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-11 06:55:12
February 11 2012 06:53 GMT
#964
I support this idea of a better UI. I was not present when the original Battle.net was around, but I definitely think that the UI needs to be tweaked quite a bit. I think that clan support would help tremendously, as well as things like stats and better chat channels. I also like the custom game system idea. It's much better than the current one, where the popular ones are always at the top.

I hope Blizzard will eventually listen to us so that we can get the changes we want. I'm sure they will at some point, because they can't ignore us forever.
tauon
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Australia1278 Posts
February 11 2012 06:55 GMT
#965
I might be in the minority but I actually think we should be patient and wait for HoTS. Give Blizzard a chance to redeem themselves!

btw: I agree that bnet 1.0 is clearly better than bnet 2.0, but how much of that is nostalgia?
Road to 6sange
Belial88
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5217 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-11 07:38:47
February 11 2012 07:37 GMT
#966
You know, it was either patch 1.4.3, or better chat UI...

I'm glad Blizzard has their priorities straight. I could give a shit about chat channels or clan support, people will always use ventrillo or skype over anything blizzard puts in the UI anyways, and sc2gears is much more comprehensive than any other game's analysis system. And I'd much rather have a better designed, more balanced game, and sooner HOTS.... than 'clan support'.

I wouldn't pay 10 cents for such features anyways, but I would pay for a new patch or new maps.
How to build a $500 i7-3770K Ultimate Computer:http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=392709 ******** 100% Safe Razorless Delid Method! http://www.overclock.net/t/1376206/how-to-delid-your-ivy-bridge-cpu-with-out-a-razor-blade/0_100
ceaRshaf
Profile Joined August 2009
Romania4926 Posts
February 11 2012 09:02 GMT
#967
On February 11 2012 16:37 Belial88 wrote:
You know, it was either patch 1.4.3, or better chat UI...
.



That's not true. The patch is a small play with numbers. Everything UI related is a lot more work.

Blizzard y u lazy?
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
EternalAce
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark8 Posts
February 11 2012 09:19 GMT
#968
I really like this idea of a new concept and UI - I too can get the feeling of being abit alone in the SC universe between matches.

A fun idea could be to create your own "menu screen", like modify it or something along that road, so that you can choose, what you want to look at in the "home" screen, just like you modify the look of your android telephone and such! I believe you would be able to do this, without it having to be too hard for a regular gaming nerd, to find out how to swap the different UI's, chats, replays, news, clocks and friend lists. Could be awesome with some more personal management of YOUR own starcraft game. I believe it will make you feel more home, when you can create your own look.

I also believe that making it way more community based, than it allready is, would be awesome. Maybe add a browser or something, so you would be able to search the internet from your SC2 game. This would open even more interaction with, for example, team liquid and if a tourney is currently on, you can watch brackets without swapping between your standard browser, and the game. Also, it would be cool, if you could add like a support for streaming or sumthing.. making it easier to stream, like in Heroes of Newerth. Eventually add a "TV"-box in the UI aswell, so you can watch streams from inside the game.

Regards
Belial88
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5217 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-11 09:26:38
February 11 2012 09:24 GMT
#969
On February 11 2012 18:02 ceaRshaf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2012 16:37 Belial88 wrote:
You know, it was either patch 1.4.3, or better chat UI...
.



That's not true. The patch is a small play with numbers. Everything UI related is a lot more work.

Blizzard y u lazy?


I'm sure blizzard is just sitting around doing nothing, and the bosses are okay with the employees are doing nothing. That makes sense that a successful business is doing that.

Or, most of the team if focused on HOTS (you know, the thing we keep posting a million threads asking when it's going to be released) as well as D3 (10+ years in the making...) and WoW (largest game franchise, gotta get money somewhere).

I'd much rather have the team focused on HOTS and balance patches and maps, than chat UI. That's a no brainer.

But I guess they are just bad men! They are evil! Let's just continue buying their games, because we are all going to play only sc2 for the next 10 years anyways, and balance is a lot more important than chat ui.

I'm glad they are putting chat on the backburner. Imo, there are much more important issues. When LOTV is balanced, then, we can work on chat channels.

edit: I like bnet 2.0 way more. Ladder is way better than the old system... I was never able to really get into BW because trying to play on ladder back then just sucked ass.

User was warned for this post
How to build a $500 i7-3770K Ultimate Computer:http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=392709 ******** 100% Safe Razorless Delid Method! http://www.overclock.net/t/1376206/how-to-delid-your-ivy-bridge-cpu-with-out-a-razor-blade/0_100
ceaRshaf
Profile Joined August 2009
Romania4926 Posts
February 11 2012 09:38 GMT
#970
On February 11 2012 18:24 Belial88 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2012 18:02 ceaRshaf wrote:
On February 11 2012 16:37 Belial88 wrote:
You know, it was either patch 1.4.3, or better chat UI...
.



That's not true. The patch is a small play with numbers. Everything UI related is a lot more work.

Blizzard y u lazy?


I'm sure blizzard is just sitting around doing nothing, and the bosses are okay with the employees are doing nothing. That makes sense that a successful business is doing that.

Or, most of the team if focused on HOTS (you know, the thing we keep posting a million threads asking when it's going to be released) as well as D3 (10+ years in the making...) and WoW (largest game franchise, gotta get money somewhere).

I'd much rather have the team focused on HOTS and balance patches and maps, than chat UI. That's a no brainer.

But I guess they are just bad men! They are evil! Let's just continue buying their games, because we are all going to play only sc2 for the next 10 years anyways, and balance is a lot more important than chat ui.

I'm glad they are putting chat on the backburner. Imo, there are much more important issues. When LOTV is balanced, then, we can work on chat channels.

edit: I like bnet 2.0 way more. Ladder is way better than the old system... I was never able to really get into BW because trying to play on ladder back then just sucked ass.


I don't fucking care for HOTS. I want this game that I already bought to be better than SC Broodwar. I don't want promises and bullshit.

Enhanced UI means enhanced experience in the game (IN THIS GAME, not another expansion). This small patch they added it's just playing with sliders and testing. It's nothing compared to redesigning the UI. So don't try and sound smart.

So after LOTV is balanced, +25 months (at least) we can work on the bnet experience the users have. This is what is a no brainer for you?

You shouldn't be allowed to vote in your country,
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Shockk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany2269 Posts
February 11 2012 09:42 GMT
#971
On February 11 2012 16:37 Belial88 wrote:
You know, it was either patch 1.4.3, or better chat UI...

I'm glad Blizzard has their priorities straight. I could give a shit about chat channels or clan support, people will always use ventrillo or skype over anything blizzard puts in the UI anyways, and sc2gears is much more comprehensive than any other game's analysis system. And I'd much rather have a better designed, more balanced game, and sooner HOTS.... than 'clan support'.

I wouldn't pay 10 cents for such features anyways, but I would pay for a new patch or new maps.


Look, it's great if the UI and everything works for you. And if you prefer to use external tools over the convenience of having features available in the game itself, go ahead. I have no idea why someone would prefer that, but alright.

But please realize that you're in the minority in this thread. And while we respect your opinion and realize that not everyone will agree with us (it's not supposed to be a circlejerk, after all), coming into this thread and complaining about features you "could give a shit about" after 48 pages of almost unanimous support is highly undiplomatic. Especially considering that these features would be an improvement for yourself as well, and aren't developed by the same department that handles balance and gameplay (meaning that work on our issues won't impact progress for things that you deem important).

I think we've done a halfway decent job so far of staying polite and informative despite this being a topic we're very passionate about. You could return the favor by not calling our concerns "shit" and treating this discussion with sarcasm and contempt.

I'm glad they are putting chat on the backburner. Imo, there are much more important issues. When LOTV is balanced, then, we can work on chat channels.


If nothing changes, there'll be no community left actively playing and enjoying the game by the time LOTV is balanced.
NexCa
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany954 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-11 09:46:21
February 11 2012 09:45 GMT
#972
that is so true, actually, blizzard should take this one here. The interface and overlay ... seriously, this looks so MUCH better ! :D
Best Protoss Player 4 ever - Bisu[Shield] || http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=326242 || THIS IS WHERE WE STAND, THIS IS WHERE THEY FALL, GIVE THEM NOTHING, BUT TAKE FROM THEM EVERYTHING ! || SKT FIGHTIIING
PlosionCornu
Profile Joined August 2010
Italy814 Posts
February 11 2012 09:54 GMT
#973
On February 10 2012 08:07 Shockk wrote:
Important:

The StarNation project (http://starnationmovie.com/) will interview Day9 next week, and is looking for community feedback on questions to ask. I've submitted a question on our behalf to the respective thread on Reddit. Please support it with an upvote and/or a comment for a chance of Day9 commenting on this issue!

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/pift7/we_are_conducting_an_interview_with_day9_next/c3pmadz


Humn, I don't think asking day9 anything about the matter would prove too too helpful.

I mean, he cannot provide an objective point of view, he's friends with a lot of blizzard related people.
You can still get the exposure I guess....
Atropin
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany96 Posts
February 11 2012 09:58 GMT
#974
On February 11 2012 18:42 Shockk wrote:
Show nested quote +
I'm glad they are putting chat on the backburner. Imo, there are much more important issues. When LOTV is balanced, then, we can work on chat channels.


If nothing changes, there'll be no community left actively playing and enjoying the game by the time LOTV is balanced.

This.
In my opinion this isnt just a "technical" issue, its a psychological one. As stated by the OP, i feel alone after i logged into bnet. Its fricking hard to make friends on bnet or even to re-find old friends.
Thus, whenever i want to feel like connected to other people i play something else.

As it is now, Starcraft 2 is more a single-player game with a pretty good AI behaving like humans and even flaming when losing :p
Wer andern in die Möse beißt ist böse meist
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
February 11 2012 09:59 GMT
#975
The sense...there would be too much of it!
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
RGnt
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Finland100 Posts
February 11 2012 10:24 GMT
#976
Bumping for greater good! And I have to agree that there is A LOT of stuff that should be fixed in the UI and for Goblinoid that's some superb job with the concept. Now let's get blizzard to implement em!
Nhatn: my guide names » i just think about what i want to do to ur children » np
NyKaL
Profile Joined April 2011
Italy54 Posts
February 11 2012 10:29 GMT
#977
On February 11 2012 18:42 Shockk wrote:

And while we respect your opinion and realize that not everyone will agree with us (it's not supposed to be a circlejerk, after all), coming into this thread and complaining about features you "could give a shit about" after 48 pages of almost unanimous support is highly undiplomatic. Especially considering that these features would be an improvement for yourself as well, and aren't developed by the same department that handles balance and gameplay (meaning that work on our issues won't impact progress for things that you deem important).

I think we've done a halfway decent job so far of staying polite and informative despite this being a topic we're very passionate about. You could return the favor by not calling our concerns "shit" and treating this discussion with sarcasm and contempt.

Show nested quote +
I'm glad they are putting chat on the backburner. Imo, there are much more important issues. When LOTV is balanced, then, we can work on chat channels.


If nothing changes, there'll be no community left actively playing and enjoying the game by the time LOTV is balanced.


Well said, Shockk, great respect for you.
jinorazi
Profile Joined October 2004
Korea (South)4948 Posts
February 11 2012 10:32 GMT
#978
can we load "free name change" on the wagon too? i would love this very much
age: 84 | location: california | sex: 잘함
MrSexington
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1768 Posts
February 11 2012 10:41 GMT
#979
On February 03 2012 04:56 Shockk wrote:
When the new battle.net was developed, we were promised that we'd "never want to be offline again". But every single time I log on, I feel utterly alone...


This, this, this, this, this, and this.

I agree with many more points in the OP, but they all pale in comparison to this point I quoted above. It's like you turn on your PC and open Google Chrome. You're now online, but still stuck in your little corner of the internet. You then feel like playing some games and log onto Battle.net... but the thing is, you've just entered an even more restrictive corner of the internet.

It's like you log on and you are then covered in layers of armor that you need to shed in order to have contact with another human being.
Thylacine
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden882 Posts
February 11 2012 11:36 GMT
#980
On February 11 2012 19:41 MrSexington wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2012 04:56 Shockk wrote:
When the new battle.net was developed, we were promised that we'd "never want to be offline again". But every single time I log on, I feel utterly alone...


This, this, this, this, this, and this.

I agree with many more points in the OP, but they all pale in comparison to this point I quoted above. It's like you turn on your PC and open Google Chrome. You're now online, but still stuck in your little corner of the internet. You then feel like playing some games and log onto Battle.net... but the thing is, you've just entered an even more restrictive corner of the internet.

It's like you log on and you are then covered in layers of armor that you need to shed in order to have contact with another human being.



I also feel extremly lonely and I feel ''Man....I'll just log out and watch a stream or...play something else. Maybe HL2???''

BLIZZARD. Really. Its enough. FIX THIS.
What you're looking at could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn't. It's the beginning. Introducing Mr. John Valentine, air traveler. His destination: the Twilight Zone...
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 87 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 351
JuggernautJason92
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 576
White-Ra 182
firebathero 75
910 45
Trap 23
NaDa 10
Counter-Strike
Fnx 760
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0164
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9712
crisheroes1796
Liquid`Hasu1688
Trikslyr83
Other Games
summit1g5638
Liquid`RaSZi5420
Beastyqt827
shahzam520
B2W.Neo292
Pyrionflax139
KnowMe139
ArmadaUGS116
ZombieGrub100
IndyStarCraft 88
UpATreeSC60
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream403
Other Games
BasetradeTV191
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 32
• FirePhoenix13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV378
League of Legends
• TFBlade1146
Other Games
• imaqtpie792
• Shiphtur297
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 37m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 37m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.