• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:46
CEST 12:46
KST 19:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10477 users

Guide to Korean SC2 Account: UPDATED - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
where_
Profile Joined July 2011
Australia53 Posts
February 11 2012 00:11 GMT
#61
On January 15 2012 19:56 SeLpHy wrote:
Hey, thanks for the nice guide!

I want to buy a KR/TW Account.
But can I play with the Korean Language? Because There's only the Traditional Chinese language to download on the
battle.net. I want to download the clients, and not use any relocalizers.
Is there a way to get the Korean language too?

[image loading]

And how is the latency from EU -> KR?

Greetings from Germany





There's a guide on changing the ingame language here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=300767
yzzdups
Profile Joined September 2011
United States32 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-11 06:35:34
February 11 2012 06:33 GMT
#62
So I just did the number verification process and I do believe it said it was successfully. I haven't received any new emails since I verified it though. On the site I purchased the TW key from it states it's still verifying, and the current step is the number verification. When I try to go the number verification page again the page is blank so I'm guessing it's ok and just processing. I am just checking to make sure. Is this normal?

EDIT: Nm, it's good now
yzzdups
Profile Joined September 2011
United States32 Posts
February 11 2012 07:39 GMT
#63
On December 18 2011 05:53 creamyturtle wrote:
Step #7: Go to your tw.battle.net account and go to Recharge Account. Enter in one of the 2 codes that offgamers.com gave you, and it will add 1150 points to your battle.net account.

Step #8: Login to your Taiwanese SC2 game client with your free trial login. Browse around and notice everything is locked.


Sorry for double posting, but I am having a different issue. I can't seem to find the Recharge Account option any where.
Lumi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1616 Posts
February 14 2012 04:25 GMT
#64
Just went through this, all good! Only problem I encountered was that because we are using the magicjack phone service stuff, it wasn't sending the phone verification to us as it was considered a voip rather than a landline, by them. So I just used my friends cell phone and all was well. I noticed that this guide doesn't mention clicking a load balance button, which I had to do while on my tw.battle.net page - there's a "0 balance" area in the top right ish that you need to click to see load balance. THIS is where you enter one of the two codes you get from offgamers.
twitter.com/lumigaming - DongRaeGu is the One True Dong - /r/onetruedong
SirPsychoMantis
Profile Joined December 2011
United States180 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-21 17:03:09
February 16 2012 21:10 GMT
#65
Anyone else get this on offgamers?:


We regret to inform that this order is currently pending for verification purposes. Rest assured that the respective department has been notified to check and we will notify you via email at the soonest time possible once we have the received their reply.


If you have, how long did it take?

EDIT: Took them about 6 hours to get this done
Zerg #1
StarStrider
Profile Joined August 2011
United States689 Posts
February 17 2012 03:14 GMT
#66
Thanks OP! In a quick second as I was working your steps I realized there were easier ways to do this (ie just adding to my current bnet account), and a couple of redundant steps in your explanation (why add trial then wait?)....but I followed your steps to a Tee, and now I have a working TW account! Thanks for the detailed explanation and thoroughness. creamyturtle hwaiting.

Only a bit of once-every-five-seconds stutter from Southeastern United States. Not unplayable.



On January 13 2012 10:44 ff7legend wrote:
is it still worth buying with HOTS coming out soon(possibly)??



.......you obviously aren't very familiar with how Blizzard defines "soon".
Spontaneous Pneumothorax sucks, please keep MVP sC in your thoughts. sC fighting! 힘내세요
StarStrider
Profile Joined August 2011
United States689 Posts
February 17 2012 03:15 GMT
#67
On February 17 2012 06:10 SirPsychoMantis wrote:
Anyone else get this on offgamers?:

Show nested quote +

We regret to inform that this order is currently pending for verification purposes. Rest assured that the respective department has been notified to check and we will notify you via email at the soonest time possible once we have the received their reply.


If you have, how long did it take?



I just got it earlier today. It only took a few minutes before the 'Completed' email was sent and my codes were available on the site. A smooth experience.
Spontaneous Pneumothorax sucks, please keep MVP sC in your thoughts. sC fighting! 힘내세요
KicKDoG
Profile Joined December 2003
Sweden765 Posts
February 17 2012 03:19 GMT
#68
I did this and it worked very well, thx! <3
http://www.twitter.com/KicKDoG_LoL baylife plox?
Let it Raine
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1245 Posts
February 17 2012 03:40 GMT
#69
is there an easy way to purchase a chinese account?

there was a topic a couple weeks ago saying they were going to be on sale for something super cheap (around 15$)
Grandmaster Zerg x14. Diamond 1 LoL. MLG 50, Halo 3. Raine.
lolsil
Profile Joined January 2012
United States37 Posts
February 26 2012 23:47 GMT
#70
bought TW acc off of offgamers, went well.
just using a relocalizer atm, though the text on TW doesnt work for bigfoot relocalizer for TW, not sure why.
Lokerek
Profile Joined December 2011
United States441 Posts
March 04 2012 08:02 GMT
#71
I have maybe a stupid question.
I'm on my us.battle.net account on which I'm registered on U.S. address . I logged on the website and on buy digital games I can change game region to Taiwan. Then I have option to purchase "150 balance for 30 day trial" and "1150 balance for unlimited time." Unlike the korean one that does not let me proceed without veryfing my account and stuff like that here I only get "Game Region Warning Retail copies sold in United States (your account country) will connect to the North America game region." which is irrelevant since its digital version. It allows me to proceed where I can reedem prepaid cards. So where does all the confusion comes from and the whole idea of generating a number to which site the thread gives link to ?
Bidj
Profile Joined September 2010
France98 Posts
March 04 2012 08:12 GMT
#72
On March 04 2012 17:02 Lokerek wrote:
I have maybe a stupid question.
I'm on my us.battle.net account on which I'm registered on U.S. address . I logged on the website and on buy digital games I can change game region to Taiwan. Then I have option to purchase "150 balance for 30 day trial" and "1150 balance for unlimited time." Unlike the korean one that does not let me proceed without veryfing my account and stuff like that here I only get "Game Region Warning Retail copies sold in United States (your account country) will connect to the North America game region." which is irrelevant since its digital version. It allows me to proceed where I can reedem prepaid cards. So where does all the confusion comes from and the whole idea of generating a number to which site the thread gives link to ?


From what I understand and as many have stated before, by using a previously created eu/us battle.net account and changing it's region, there is no need to generate the id. This step is of no interest in fact (if I understand everything). Hope this helped.
Rooooaaaar
Lokerek
Profile Joined December 2011
United States441 Posts
March 04 2012 16:10 GMT
#73
On March 04 2012 17:12 Bidj wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2012 17:02 Lokerek wrote:
I have maybe a stupid question.
I'm on my us.battle.net account on which I'm registered on U.S. address . I logged on the website and on buy digital games I can change game region to Taiwan. Then I have option to purchase "150 balance for 30 day trial" and "1150 balance for unlimited time." Unlike the korean one that does not let me proceed without veryfing my account and stuff like that here I only get "Game Region Warning Retail copies sold in United States (your account country) will connect to the North America game region." which is irrelevant since its digital version. It allows me to proceed where I can reedem prepaid cards. So where does all the confusion comes from and the whole idea of generating a number to which site the thread gives link to ?


From what I understand and as many have stated before, by using a previously created eu/us battle.net account and changing it's region, there is no need to generate the id. This step is of no interest in fact (if I understand everything). Hope this helped.


So basically if I purchase it that way I will have 2 separate folders for sc2 on my pc and I will be able to open either one of them and that account will work both for NA and TW server ?
Draekan
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada220 Posts
March 10 2012 04:00 GMT
#74
Guide worked very well, thank you!
Bibu
Profile Joined August 2010
Russian Federation163 Posts
March 10 2012 05:55 GMT
#75
Visa card + 30 minutes = taiwan acc
twitch.tv/kaatv @kaajke instagram.com/kaajke
Plutonik
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada329 Posts
March 11 2012 21:09 GMT
#76
does this currently work?
creamyturtle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States487 Posts
March 16 2012 23:44 GMT
#77
Yes it still does work. I am about to build a write-up for attaining EU accounts as well. Please post here if you have any questions or problems getting this TW account to work.

creamy
Terran it up.
Lokerek
Profile Joined December 2011
United States441 Posts
April 04 2012 03:19 GMT
#78
For people still looking for KR Account, yes this works, got mine couple weeks ago without the need to get another account - you can just redeem the code on your NA to purchase TW version. Thanks for the guide.
creamyturtle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States487 Posts
April 19 2012 16:45 GMT
#79
You are very welcome I am holding a tournament on the TW servers for those of you that may be interested. www.Honor-Cup.com , free entry $125 prize pool. gl hf
Terran it up.
Marou
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1371 Posts
April 24 2012 08:18 GMT
#80
Hello,

I'm in Korea and i want to have a korean account, thing is i'd REALLY like to have the korean client (i'm learning korean and having the game in korean is kind of important). Is there a way to download the korean client and use your TW account to log in ? From what i've read it's just impossible to have the korean client without a korean SSN (which i don't have).

Is my only solution to ask a korean friend that doesn't play starcraft to buy it underis SSN ?
twitter@RickyMarou
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 11988
StarCastTV_EN343
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko136
ProTech130
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 13759
Bisu 3900
Jaedong 3351
EffOrt 1173
ZerO 426
Horang2 378
Pusan 278
BeSt 269
Zeus 247
Larva 243
[ Show more ]
actioN 193
Hyun 144
Mind 137
Barracks 97
ggaemo 82
Bale 45
Killer 43
Yoon 43
Sharp 43
scan(afreeca) 42
NotJumperer 32
ToSsGirL 30
Shinee 24
Sacsri 22
Hm[arnc] 21
Terrorterran 15
Noble 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
League of Legends
JimRising 398
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1205
byalli457
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King85
Other Games
ceh9653
crisheroes235
Sick178
Pyrionflax160
dupreeh98
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 189
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 85
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
StarCraft 2
WardiTV9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 55
• killerbeecast8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV363
• lizZardDota2293
League of Legends
• Jankos1155
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
14m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
13h 14m
Patches Events
1d 5h
The PondCast
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.