• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:41
CEST 23:41
KST 06:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8069 users

[G] Getting korean sounds on english client

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
vgijamven
Profile Joined December 2011
Sweden95 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-05 20:31:50
January 05 2012 20:29 GMT
#1
DISCLAIMER: I have no idea if this is legal/violates TOS or similiar. Use at your own risk.

I'm doubt I am the only one who wants to try the game with korean sounds. I searched for a few keywords prior to making this guide, but I couldn't find anything specific. I did find this thread, but I disliked how it solves this. Furthermore, when I told a friend I was getting the korean sounds as well. So I thought I would share with everyone how I converted my EU client to korean sounds. I did NOT update the korean client from which I got the sounds from to the latest version before I extracted the sound files (if this matters). I tried activating all sounds prior to creating this thread, and all sound files seem to be replaced.

Why: I feel this guide is interesting for ”westerners” wanting to try the korean sounds, either to pretend to be as good as the koreans or if they just want some variation on the sounds they hear every time they play. BUT I also feel this can be interesting for koreans coming to foreign tournaments. Or, if you just want the sound files as samples for something (like a song or similiar) you can just download the one you need.


Step 0 – Close SC2: Just in case – don't have Starcraft II running when doing this.


(Optional) Step 0.5 - Backup: If you want to feel safe, you can always make a backup copy on the file we will modify in this guide: Starcraft II\Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\enGB.SC2Assets (or enUS.SC2Assets if US client). If anything goes haywire, you can always just go back to the original file.


Step 1 – Download an MPQ Editor: Download an MPQ Editor. I personally used this one:
http://www.brothersoft.com/games/starcraft-2-ladik-s-mpq-editor.html.


Step 2 - Get the sounds: Download and extract the korean sounds. I uploaded them to Megaupload and Mediafire. I have included the English ”Nuclear Launch detected!” alerts for each race in the korean package, if you would like to keep those (see Step 4) in English. I also included the korean version of the nuclear warning, so you can learn to recognize the warning when it is played in-game.

KR sounds: [url blocked]
or http://www.mediafire.com/?6bv0nvlcr17rtar .

I also uploaded the english sounds if you want to revert back to that:
EN sounds: [url blocked] .
or http://www.mediafire.com/?da35bq5aac1y751 .


Step 3 - Replace the sound files: When you have both the MPQ Editor and the sound pack you want to change into, open the MPQ Editor. Press CTRL+O or ”File”->”Open MPQ(s)...” and go into your Starcraft II folder, by default it should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Starcraft II\.

When you are in your Starcaft II folder with the MPQ Editor, go into Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\ and open the file enGB.SC2Assets if it's an EU client, or enUS.SC2Assets if it's an US client. Now you should see two folders named ”Assets” and ”LocalizedData” and some other weird files that we don't care about.

Now open the ”KR sounds” folder, drag and drop the folder there called ”LocalizedData” anywhere into the MPQ Editor. When asked if you want to replace the files, choose ”Yes all”.


(Optional) Step 4 - Revert to english nuke warnings: If you prefer to still have the english Nuke sounds, that is fully fixable, without losing all the korean sounds. In the KR sounds.zip I included a folder named ”EN nuke warnings”. We do just as we did in Step 3, except this time we use the files in the folder ”EN nuke warnings”. Hopefully you still have the MPQ Editor with the enGB/US.SC2Assets up, if not open it again. Drag and drop the ”LocalizedData” folder in ”EN nuke warnings” and click ”Yes all” when asked to replace the files.


Aaaand it's done! You should now have korean sounds in your english client. I have no idea how you fix korean text for everything though! Hope this helps someone at least! Thanks!

Finally as a tip - a link to a guide on how to get custom backgrounds for SC2: http://elusive-teliko.blogspot.com/2011/04/customise-background-images.html
"If it it's important, you'll find a way. If it's not, you'll find an excuse." -Daniel Decker
etJUSTICE
Profile Joined June 2009
Sweden30 Posts
January 05 2012 20:32 GMT
#2
theres already threads about this, but its a well put together guide. thanks
Belha
Profile Joined December 2010
Italy2850 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-05 20:36:53
January 05 2012 20:36 GMT
#3
Thx for the guide
And thx A LOT for the sound upload ^^
Chicken gank op
CuHz
Profile Joined January 2011
United States354 Posts
January 05 2012 20:37 GMT
#4
does this work for changing the TW sound to KR sounds?
NA GM protoss twitch.tv/cuhzx
jlim
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Spain943 Posts
January 05 2012 20:40 GMT
#5
korean banshee's voice is pretty hot if u ask me
LimeNade
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2125 Posts
January 05 2012 20:45 GMT
#6
gotta say this was actually one of the better guides ive seen so far really really simple to follow
JD, need I say more? :D
AnodyneSea
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Jamaica757 Posts
January 05 2012 20:55 GMT
#7
I remember there was a guide back in the beta/early release that I used to have KR sounds without downloading a MPQ editor, seems like a good little guide though. Maybe I'll use this later, miss my KR sounds... was used to them so much I even knew the nuclear launch detection... it sucked the first few times though, had no idea I was getting nuked.
Lost within the hope of freedom, not for control but in the light of our cause
AmatuerSc2channel
Profile Joined November 2011
5 Posts
January 05 2012 21:01 GMT
#8
any chance you can tell us how you did this? i want to switch my NA sounds to Spanish, but the Latin American client apparently is separate so people in the U.S. that speak Spanish would have to buy a LA account to be able to hear it in Spanish.
Netsky
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia1155 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-05 21:23:10
January 05 2012 21:21 GMT
#9
On January 06 2012 05:37 CuHz wrote:
does this work for changing the TW sound to KR sounds?


Yes, just download the KR sound file and rename it the same way. An MPQ editor isn't required.
Flonomenalz
Profile Joined May 2011
Nigeria3519 Posts
January 05 2012 21:25 GMT
#10
Amazing.

Gonna try this this weekend.

Korean Zerg voice is so sexy.
I love crazymoving
vgijamven
Profile Joined December 2011
Sweden95 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-05 21:44:00
January 05 2012 21:32 GMT
#11
On January 06 2012 06:01 AmatuerSc2channel wrote:
any chance you can tell us how you did this? i want to switch my NA sounds to Spanish, but the Latin American client apparently is separate so people in the U.S. that speak Spanish would have to buy a LA account to be able to hear it in Spanish.

To extract the sounds, you mean? Firstly, I downloaded the Korean client and installed it. Then I opened the Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\KoKR.SC2Assets with the MPQ Editor, selected the "Sounds" folder in "LocalizedData" and extracted the files(CTRL+E), and then replaced them in the enGB as described in Step 3.

I guess you could download the spanish sounds ( [url blocked] - taken from the Voice Pack thread linked in first paragraph) and do the same drill with those sounds instead. I think it should work.


On January 06 2012 05:40 jlim wrote:
korean banshee's voice is pretty hot if u ask me

I agree, definitely my favourite!


On January 06 2012 06:21 Netsky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2012 05:37 CuHz wrote:
does this work for changing the TW sound to KR sounds?


Yes, just download the KR sound file and rename it the same way. An MPQ editor isn't required.

The reason I replaced the sounds the way I did, is since I think it's a bit unnecessary to download the whole 350MB .SC2Assets file when you can just replace the files that are 80MB. But my Internet is also very slow, so...
"If it it's important, you'll find a way. If it's not, you'll find an excuse." -Daniel Decker
John F Kennedy
Profile Joined June 2011
United States40 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-05 21:43:19
January 05 2012 21:38 GMT
#12
I did this exactly as you said to, and when trying it out I found that it removed the voices entirely. I have basic game sounds, but no voices. Any reason for this? Or any idea on how to fix it? I was switching from US to KR

EDIT: Never mind it works now.
Cloud.1186 G-_-G
SnipedSoul
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2158 Posts
January 05 2012 21:41 GMT
#13
Sweet, I love the Korean Raven voice. Adjutant is great too.
Nvmz
Profile Joined December 2011
34 Posts
January 05 2012 21:45 GMT
#14
On January 06 2012 06:38 John F Kennedy wrote:
I did this exactly as you said to, and when trying it out I found that it removed the voices entirely. I have basic game sounds, but no voices. Any reason for this? Or any idea on how to fix it? I was switching from US to KR

EDIT: Never mind it works now.



I'm having the same problem you are, mine never fixed .
vgijamven
Profile Joined December 2011
Sweden95 Posts
January 05 2012 21:47 GMT
#15
On January 06 2012 05:45 BloodThirsty wrote:
gotta say this was actually one of the better guides ive seen so far really really simple to follow

Thanks. I had it tested before I posted it! :D
"If it it's important, you'll find a way. If it's not, you'll find an excuse." -Daniel Decker
Pulselol
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada1628 Posts
January 05 2012 21:51 GMT
#16
Can you tell me which specific files is the nuke warning?
vgijamven
Profile Joined December 2011
Sweden95 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-05 21:55:28
January 05 2012 21:51 GMT
#17
On January 06 2012 06:45 Nvmz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2012 06:38 John F Kennedy wrote:
I did this exactly as you said to, and when trying it out I found that it removed the voices entirely. I have basic game sounds, but no voices. Any reason for this? Or any idea on how to fix it? I was switching from US to KR

EDIT: Never mind it works now.



I'm having the same problem you are, mine never fixed .

Did it ask if you wanted to replace the files?

I remembered when I modified a file in Mass Effect 2 (to remove the big gun on the back) I had to make sure I didn't add any new lines of code or the whole game would refuse to load.


On January 06 2012 06:51 Pulselol wrote:
Can you tell me which specific files is the nuke warning?

LocalizedData\Sounds\ProtossUnitVO\Executor\Alert_ProtossCalldownLaunch.ogg
LocalizedData\Sounds\TerranUnitVO\Adjutant\Alert_TerranCalldownLaunch.ogg
LocalizedData\Sounds\ZergUnitVO\Queen\Alert_ZergCalldownLaunch.ogg
"If it it's important, you'll find a way. If it's not, you'll find an excuse." -Daniel Decker
Nvmz
Profile Joined December 2011
34 Posts
January 05 2012 21:55 GMT
#18
Yeah the second time I attempted to alter it. Trying to see what I can do about it, any advice will help ^^.
da_head
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3350 Posts
January 05 2012 21:59 GMT
#19
thanks for the guide
When they see MC Probe, all the ladies disrobe.
CuHz
Profile Joined January 2011
United States354 Posts
January 05 2012 22:00 GMT
#20
On January 06 2012 06:21 Netsky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2012 05:37 CuHz wrote:
does this work for changing the TW sound to KR sounds?


Yes, just download the KR sound file and rename it the same way. An MPQ editor isn't required.



thanks; just changed my TW client to English sounds now; ill know when im under attack or etc :D

now i justs need to find the KR .assests file to change it to KR sounds.
NA GM protoss twitch.tv/cuhzx
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 261
Nina 114
SteadfastSC 101
StarCraft: Brood War
910 60
Bale 14
Super Smash Bros
PPMD39
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu879
Other Games
summit1g7339
Grubby2312
shahzam577
C9.Mang0126
Liquid`Ken2
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 65
• Hupsaiya 58
• Hinosc 25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21234
Other Games
• imaqtpie866
• Shiphtur299
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 19m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 19m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
13h 19m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.