• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:20
CEST 02:20
KST 09:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8700 users

1.4.2 Patch Live - Page 41

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 58 Next
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-09 17:22:56
November 09 2011 17:18 GMT
#801
On November 10 2011 02:09 Zion9 wrote:
Well what can I say...
PLayed like 10 games today, most of the against protoss and me as terran...Now this whole matchup is fucked up. Don't missunderstand me, I'm not whining or anything like this, but I'm getting even more destroyed by Chargelot Archon Templar army...Basically and the beginning I'm on 2 base, Till now while on 2 base 3 Ghost were enought to be even now it's not, by far not. And I simply don't have the resources to produce constantly from 5-6 Rax marauders+Medivacs+ghosts. Perfectly fine with minerals but it really sux with my Gas. And thankfully because T learned to split against Storm but P didn't learn to split their army normally now this matchup is even harder. Let's say this Ghost nerf is okay. Just lets say this...We could had 1 advantage in this game, going fast upgrade builds. Well now that sucks aswell because Toss gets upgrades even faster then us.

I really hope now all the Protosses who where whining cause of the EMP but never and NEVER admitted when one of their units were OP, now they can roflstopm even easier everyone beyond GM.
Fun fact is that people who whined the most are not the GM players.
HF Protoss players, hf, I reallý don't mind and I will struggle even harder from now on vs Protoss but I won't go to the Battle.net forums and QQ


I've just stopped playing macrogames vs toss. 1-1-1 or some sort of proxy build is everything i do works well not fun but better then just losing all the TvP's ... I've thumpsed down every map where 1-1-1 is hard to pull of and wait for a pro to find a solution. I'm not going to bother with this crappy patch. TvP was hard before but now it's basically impossible once you reach a certain point. The Protoss techswitches around ( and everything has 3-3 but Air ...) and i'm stuck with my chosen techpath.
RvB
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands6322 Posts
November 09 2011 17:18 GMT
#802
On November 10 2011 00:59 windsupernova wrote:
Seriously shut up with the crying, even in Code S this season due to the new format a lot of Terrans have dropped out to Code A

RO 32

19 T-> 8 advance(Around 42%)
5 P ->5 advance (100%)
8 Zerg -> 3 advance (37.5%)

Hell one can even argue more that Zerg is now doing badly, but you know? I won't because I actually watched the freaking games.And with Code A full of Z and P I can see a lot of new Z and P getting to Code S next season.

IEM NY:

Zerg in 1st and 2nd and 3rd, P at 4th

IEM Guangzhou
Zerg in 1st
P in 2nd
T in 3rd
P at 4th

MLG Orlando:

P in 1st and 2nd place
T in 3rd
Z in 4th

P and Z are obviously winning stuff at a competitive level. Z and P have been doing fine in Code S too, and in Code A so far all the races are pretty evenly distributed(17 P 16 T 15 Z)

So stop acting as if it is impossible to win as either P or Z because its not. Stop blaming balance because of your ladder FAILS.Hell, even winrates from TLPD are around 50%. Stop acting as if the game was terribly imbalanced when all evidence shows that its not even that bad.

Sad Zealot my ass.







I don't really disagree with you but you really use:

19 T-> 8 advance(Around 42%)
5 P ->5 advance (100%)
8 Zerg -> 3 advance (37.5%)

to make a point? It's not always about percentage. If there qualify more terrans than P and Z obviously more Terrans are going to drop out. You're giving a totally wrong view by using percentages here. And saying Z and P are doing fine in code S is a joke when half of code S is Terran you can't say they're doing fine.

I am not even saying Terran is imba but it's obvious there is a problem in code S whether it be imbalance or some other reason. Even gom agrees with this since otherwise they wouldn't have changed the format as drastic as they did.
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
November 09 2011 17:21 GMT
#803
On November 10 2011 02:18 RvB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 00:59 windsupernova wrote:
Seriously shut up with the crying, even in Code S this season due to the new format a lot of Terrans have dropped out to Code A

RO 32

19 T-> 8 advance(Around 42%)
5 P ->5 advance (100%)
8 Zerg -> 3 advance (37.5%)

Hell one can even argue more that Zerg is now doing badly, but you know? I won't because I actually watched the freaking games.And with Code A full of Z and P I can see a lot of new Z and P getting to Code S next season.

IEM NY:

Zerg in 1st and 2nd and 3rd, P at 4th

IEM Guangzhou
Zerg in 1st
P in 2nd
T in 3rd
P at 4th

MLG Orlando:

P in 1st and 2nd place
T in 3rd
Z in 4th

P and Z are obviously winning stuff at a competitive level. Z and P have been doing fine in Code S too, and in Code A so far all the races are pretty evenly distributed(17 P 16 T 15 Z)

So stop acting as if it is impossible to win as either P or Z because its not. Stop blaming balance because of your ladder FAILS.Hell, even winrates from TLPD are around 50%. Stop acting as if the game was terribly imbalanced when all evidence shows that its not even that bad.

Sad Zealot my ass.







I don't really disagree with you but you really use:

19 T-> 8 advance(Around 42%)
5 P ->5 advance (100%)
8 Zerg -> 3 advance (37.5%)

to make a point? It's not always about percentage. If there qualify more terrans than P and Z obviously more Terrans are going to drop out. You're giving a totally wrong view by using percentages here. And saying Z and P are doing fine in code S is a joke when half of code S is Terran you can't say they're doing fine.

I am not even saying Terran is imba but it's obvious there is a problem in code S whether it be imbalance or some other reason. Even gom agrees with this since otherwise they wouldn't have changed the format as drastic as they did.


The format change itself has nothing to do with Terran being anything. I watched an interview with Mr Chae at IPL 3 yesterday and he talked about how they used the (now) old format to allow some fan favorites to be born so fans had players to cheer for and that he was aware that the amount of people moving up/down was a huge flaw af the system and he said he wanted to change that in 2012, 20 terrans in code s only made them change it 1 season earlier.
teddyoojo
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany22369 Posts
November 09 2011 17:28 GMT
#804
ye im really looking forward to play terran even more now
Esports historian since 2000. Creator of 'The Universe' and 'The best scrambled Eggs 2013'. Host of 'Star Wars Marathon 2015'. Thinker of 'teddyoojo's Thoughts'. Earths and Moons leading CS:GO expert. Lord of the Rings.
Brotocol
Profile Joined September 2011
243 Posts
November 09 2011 17:42 GMT
#805
On November 10 2011 02:28 teddyoojo wrote:
ye im really looking forward to play terran even more now


Poor you, EMP has the same radius as storm. qq
"The Protoss ball of death is already too strong, so Protoss doesn't really need new units in HotS." - David Kim, Blizzcon 2011
iLike413
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada100 Posts
November 09 2011 17:52 GMT
#806
On November 10 2011 02:18 s3rp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 02:09 Zion9 wrote:
Well what can I say...
PLayed like 10 games today, most of the against protoss and me as terran...Now this whole matchup is fucked up. Don't missunderstand me, I'm not whining or anything like this, but I'm getting even more destroyed by Chargelot Archon Templar army...Basically and the beginning I'm on 2 base, Till now while on 2 base 3 Ghost were enought to be even now it's not, by far not. And I simply don't have the resources to produce constantly from 5-6 Rax marauders+Medivacs+ghosts. Perfectly fine with minerals but it really sux with my Gas. And thankfully because T learned to split against Storm but P didn't learn to split their army normally now this matchup is even harder. Let's say this Ghost nerf is okay. Just lets say this...We could had 1 advantage in this game, going fast upgrade builds. Well now that sucks aswell because Toss gets upgrades even faster then us.

I really hope now all the Protosses who where whining cause of the EMP but never and NEVER admitted when one of their units were OP, now they can roflstopm even easier everyone beyond GM.
Fun fact is that people who whined the most are not the GM players.
HF Protoss players, hf, I reallý don't mind and I will struggle even harder from now on vs Protoss but I won't go to the Battle.net forums and QQ


I've just stopped playing macrogames vs toss. 1-1-1 or some sort of proxy build is everything i do works well not fun but better then just losing all the TvP's ... I've thumpsed down every map where 1-1-1 is hard to pull of and wait for a pro to find a solution. I'm not going to bother with this crappy patch. TvP was hard before but now it's basically impossible once you reach a certain point. The Protoss techswitches around ( and everything has 3-3 but Air ...) and i'm stuck with my chosen techpath.


Oh god the irony, its hilarious because all this time protoss players where playing from behind since
ghost emp radius >>> ht
emp free >>> storm research
Blizzard is just evening things ups.

Hopefully the undeserving terrans who have been ezpzing their way up ladder will get "reclassified"
RinconH
Profile Joined April 2010
United States512 Posts
November 09 2011 18:03 GMT
#807
On November 10 2011 02:09 Zion9 wrote:
Well what can I say...
PLayed like 10 games today, most of the against protoss and me as terran...Now this whole matchup is fucked up. Don't missunderstand me, I'm not whining or anything like this, but I'm getting even more destroyed by Chargelot Archon Templar army...Basically and the beginning I'm on 2 base, Till now while on 2 base 3 Ghost were enought to be even now it's not, by far not. And I simply don't have the resources to produce constantly from 5-6 Rax marauders+Medivacs+ghosts. Perfectly fine with minerals but it really sux with my Gas. And thankfully because T learned to split against Storm but P didn't learn to split their army normally now this matchup is even harder. Let's say this Ghost nerf is okay. Just lets say this...We could had 1 advantage in this game, going fast upgrade builds. Well now that sucks aswell because Toss gets upgrades even faster then us.

I really hope now all the Protosses who where whining cause of the EMP but never and NEVER admitted when one of their units were OP, now they can roflstopm even easier everyone beyond GM.
Fun fact is that people who whined the most are not the GM players.
HF Protoss players, hf, I reallý don't mind and I will struggle even harder from now on vs Protoss but I won't go to the Battle.net forums and QQ


<Terran> Still going MMM? No wonder you are losing - Terrans need to be more creative! You need to use more reapers. Terran's just aren't using all their units </Terran>
secretary bird
Profile Joined September 2011
447 Posts
November 09 2011 18:08 GMT
#808
On November 10 2011 02:52 iLike413 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 02:18 s3rp wrote:
On November 10 2011 02:09 Zion9 wrote:
Well what can I say...
PLayed like 10 games today, most of the against protoss and me as terran...Now this whole matchup is fucked up. Don't missunderstand me, I'm not whining or anything like this, but I'm getting even more destroyed by Chargelot Archon Templar army...Basically and the beginning I'm on 2 base, Till now while on 2 base 3 Ghost were enought to be even now it's not, by far not. And I simply don't have the resources to produce constantly from 5-6 Rax marauders+Medivacs+ghosts. Perfectly fine with minerals but it really sux with my Gas. And thankfully because T learned to split against Storm but P didn't learn to split their army normally now this matchup is even harder. Let's say this Ghost nerf is okay. Just lets say this...We could had 1 advantage in this game, going fast upgrade builds. Well now that sucks aswell because Toss gets upgrades even faster then us.

I really hope now all the Protosses who where whining cause of the EMP but never and NEVER admitted when one of their units were OP, now they can roflstopm even easier everyone beyond GM.
Fun fact is that people who whined the most are not the GM players.
HF Protoss players, hf, I reallý don't mind and I will struggle even harder from now on vs Protoss but I won't go to the Battle.net forums and QQ


I've just stopped playing macrogames vs toss. 1-1-1 or some sort of proxy build is everything i do works well not fun but better then just losing all the TvP's ... I've thumpsed down every map where 1-1-1 is hard to pull of and wait for a pro to find a solution. I'm not going to bother with this crappy patch. TvP was hard before but now it's basically impossible once you reach a certain point. The Protoss techswitches around ( and everything has 3-3 but Air ...) and i'm stuck with my chosen techpath.


Oh god the irony, its hilarious because all this time protoss players where playing from behind since
ghost emp radius >>> ht
emp free >>> storm research
Blizzard is just evening things ups.

Hopefully the undeserving terrans who have been ezpzing their way up ladder will get "reclassified"


terran is easily the hardest race on ladder platinum-masters , there was even a poll on TL which is the most anti-terran crowd you could hope for so sry those losses are on you.
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-09 18:11:29
November 09 2011 18:10 GMT
#809
I've been doing chargelot/archon vs. terran for a long time now with double forge, and while the upgrades being slightly cheaper is nice, it honestly doesn't make any noticeable difference. Only real difference now is that after I finish +3 weapons and armor I actually get +shield upgrades (I never used to due to EMP just taking away all shields anyway).

The EMP change makes a difference, but the upgrade cost change is negligibile. I wind up with one extra zealot and a high templar when I finish +3/+3.
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13022 Posts
November 09 2011 18:11 GMT
#810
Seriously, how did this patch went through? XD.
TvP was already the hardest T match-up (and seeing how TvZ is hard on "balanced" maps haha) but now it's just... "funny" to play.
You laugh as much as you cry seeing how the match-up has become ridiculous.
I didn't test EMP against infestors but I guess it will be hard too...
WriterMaru
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46481 Posts
November 09 2011 18:15 GMT
#811
On November 10 2011 03:11 Poopi wrote:
Seriously, how did this patch went through? XD.
TvP was already the hardest T match-up (and seeing how TvZ is hard on "balanced" maps haha) but now it's just... "funny" to play.
You laugh as much as you cry seeing how the match-up has become ridiculous.
I didn't test EMP against infestors but I guess it will be hard too...


The patch went through because the game is being balanced around pro-gamers (as it should be), not bronze players.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13022 Posts
November 09 2011 18:18 GMT
#812
On November 10 2011 03:15 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 03:11 Poopi wrote:
Seriously, how did this patch went through? XD.
TvP was already the hardest T match-up (and seeing how TvZ is hard on "balanced" maps haha) but now it's just... "funny" to play.
You laugh as much as you cry seeing how the match-up has become ridiculous.
I didn't test EMP against infestors but I guess it will be hard too...


The patch went through because the game is being balanced around pro-gamers (as it should be), not bronze players.

Yes and these pro-gamers terrans weren't doing well against protoss (except with 1-1-1 but with immortal buff it's nearly gone) ^_^.
Before it was european terrans who were doing nothing but now even korean ones struggle
WriterMaru
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
November 09 2011 18:19 GMT
#813
On November 10 2011 03:15 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 03:11 Poopi wrote:
Seriously, how did this patch went through? XD.
TvP was already the hardest T match-up (and seeing how TvZ is hard on "balanced" maps haha) but now it's just... "funny" to play.
You laugh as much as you cry seeing how the match-up has become ridiculous.
I didn't test EMP against infestors but I guess it will be hard too...


The patch went through because the game is being balanced around pro-gamers (as it should be), not bronze players.


I actually don't think was Patch was neccesary for Pro-players as well. Protoss started doing well since they restarted playing double forge. Now TvP even on the Pro-level will probably devolve into a cheese first from Terran and systematically vetoing the Maps that are worst for it.
freetgy
Profile Joined November 2010
1720 Posts
November 09 2011 18:20 GMT
#814
On November 10 2011 03:18 Poopi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 03:15 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On November 10 2011 03:11 Poopi wrote:
Seriously, how did this patch went through? XD.
TvP was already the hardest T match-up (and seeing how TvZ is hard on "balanced" maps haha) but now it's just... "funny" to play.
You laugh as much as you cry seeing how the match-up has become ridiculous.
I didn't test EMP against infestors but I guess it will be hard too...


The patch went through because the game is being balanced around pro-gamers (as it should be), not bronze players.

Yes and these pro-gamers terrans weren't doing well against protoss (except with 1-1-1 but with immortal buff it's nearly gone) ^_^.
Before it was european terrans who were doing nothing but now even korean ones struggle


guess that is why Code S mostly consists of Terrans , not sure if troll......
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46481 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-09 18:21:52
November 09 2011 18:21 GMT
#815
On November 10 2011 03:18 Poopi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 03:15 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On November 10 2011 03:11 Poopi wrote:
Seriously, how did this patch went through? XD.
TvP was already the hardest T match-up (and seeing how TvZ is hard on "balanced" maps haha) but now it's just... "funny" to play.
You laugh as much as you cry seeing how the match-up has become ridiculous.
I didn't test EMP against infestors but I guess it will be hard too...


The patch went through because the game is being balanced around pro-gamers (as it should be), not bronze players.

Yes and these pro-gamers terrans weren't doing well against protoss (except with 1-1-1 but with immortal buff it's nearly gone) ^_^.
Before it was european terrans who were doing nothing but now even korean ones struggle


Today was the first day in ages that Protoss has actually performed well in the GSL. And there's a reason why the top level of the best SC2 tournament in existence is mockingly known as Code T, rather than Code S. I have no idea what you're talking about.

You do realize that the final result of *all the above* balance changes is that... Terran has to make two more ghosts now, and Protoss gets two extra gateway units after the fifteen minute mark?

That's completely it. In its entirety.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
November 09 2011 18:23 GMT
#816
On November 10 2011 03:11 Poopi wrote:
Seriously, how did this patch went through? XD.
TvP was already the hardest T match-up (and seeing how TvZ is hard on "balanced" maps haha) but now it's just... "funny" to play.
You laugh as much as you cry seeing how the match-up has become ridiculous.
I didn't test EMP against infestors but I guess it will be hard too...


Ahhh so the circle finally is complete. We went from Z crying to P crying and now, out of all the races the game has, T is crying. This patch made sure that all ts who A stimmed + emp spammend there way to victory in tvp get to where they should be. I mean zerg was a really crippled race early on and it took people a long time to discover how to really play zerg, P got nerfed 10 patches in a row and most protoss never had to really unlock the full potential of the race because Z/T had a hard time dealing with deathball, and now out of all the races the one that still doesn't build ravens/sensor towers enough and is widely accepted as the best race in this game, cries because their spell now has the same range as the equal ones for other races. Oh terrans are funny people.
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
November 09 2011 18:24 GMT
#817
On November 10 2011 03:21 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 03:18 Poopi wrote:
On November 10 2011 03:15 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On November 10 2011 03:11 Poopi wrote:
Seriously, how did this patch went through? XD.
TvP was already the hardest T match-up (and seeing how TvZ is hard on "balanced" maps haha) but now it's just... "funny" to play.
You laugh as much as you cry seeing how the match-up has become ridiculous.
I didn't test EMP against infestors but I guess it will be hard too...


The patch went through because the game is being balanced around pro-gamers (as it should be), not bronze players.

Yes and these pro-gamers terrans weren't doing well against protoss (except with 1-1-1 but with immortal buff it's nearly gone) ^_^.
Before it was european terrans who were doing nothing but now even korean ones struggle


Today was the first day in ages that Protoss has actually performed well in the GSL. And there's a reason why the top level of the best SC2 tournament in existence is mockingly known as Code T, rather than Code S. I have no idea what you're talking about.

You do realize that the final result of *all the above* balance changes is that... Terran has to make two more ghosts now, and Protoss gets two extra gateway units after the fifteen minute mark?

That's completely it. In its entirety.


It makes ghost rushes marginally less viable too, but yeah, that's pretty much it.
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
K3Nyy
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1961 Posts
November 09 2011 18:30 GMT
#818
On November 10 2011 03:18 Poopi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 03:15 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On November 10 2011 03:11 Poopi wrote:
Seriously, how did this patch went through? XD.
TvP was already the hardest T match-up (and seeing how TvZ is hard on "balanced" maps haha) but now it's just... "funny" to play.
You laugh as much as you cry seeing how the match-up has become ridiculous.
I didn't test EMP against infestors but I guess it will be hard too...


The patch went through because the game is being balanced around pro-gamers (as it should be), not bronze players.

Yes and these pro-gamers terrans weren't doing well against protoss (except with 1-1-1 but with immortal buff it's nearly gone) ^_^.
Before it was european terrans who were doing nothing but now even korean ones struggle


What? Have you completely forgotten all the times Terran just EMPed a 200/200 army and rolled it?

1-1-1 was a problem, but that's not all that Protoss was struggling with in Korea.

TvP will always be Protoss favored on ladder, because lower level players can't micro well.
SetStndbySmn
Profile Joined August 2010
United States657 Posts
November 09 2011 18:33 GMT
#819
On November 10 2011 03:19 s3rp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 03:15 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On November 10 2011 03:11 Poopi wrote:
Seriously, how did this patch went through? XD.
TvP was already the hardest T match-up (and seeing how TvZ is hard on "balanced" maps haha) but now it's just... "funny" to play.
You laugh as much as you cry seeing how the match-up has become ridiculous.
I didn't test EMP against infestors but I guess it will be hard too...


The patch went through because the game is being balanced around pro-gamers (as it should be), not bronze players.


I actually don't think was Patch was neccesary for Pro-players as well. Protoss started doing well since they restarted playing double forge. Now TvP even on the Pro-level will probably devolve into a cheese first from Terran and systematically vetoing the Maps that are worst for it.



It certainly wasn't as guaranteed as it was a little while ago that terran would win at the pro level, but it's still far more often to see the terran just smother the toss in emps and stim/win :/. Has little to do with my level- where if I outplay the terran sufficiently I can win ht vs ghost wars, but at their level a tiny statistical advantage in range and ease of use = almost never eating a good storm. If the caster playing field get's evened out I'll probably win more than lose simply because I've had to live with my caster having a hard time for awhile now; when have you ever seen terrans splitting/hiding their ghosts (lol) or taxiing them around in dropships? Well, I'm sorry, but now you can start being a little more creative to get the proper mileage out of your ghosts instead of rolling into battle with the knowledge that you don't need cute tactics because you simply have the advantage in that dynamic.
"He doesn't operate under some divine shroud that lets him determine what is or is not valid culture. He cannot rob you, retroactively, of wholly valid experiences; he cannot transform them into worthless things." - Tycho
sleepingdog
Profile Joined August 2008
Austria6145 Posts
November 09 2011 18:39 GMT
#820
lol the T whine is pretty hilarious....especially since most are whining about stuff that didn't change at all

if you are losing, maybe you don't deserve where you are in ladder and shouldn't have achieved such a high MMR, how about that?
"You see....YOU SEE..." © 2010 Sen
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft488
Nina 165
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13604
Hyuk 48
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm202
League of Legends
Doublelift4698
Other Games
summit1g8894
FrodaN3137
JimRising 571
KnowMe194
ArmadaUGS103
ViBE95
Mew2King66
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1267
BasetradeTV218
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream106
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 104
• Letter145
• davetesta1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 40m
INu's Battles
11h 40m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
14h 40m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 40m
Replay Cast
22h 40m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 10h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.