• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:47
CEST 21:47
KST 04:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8331 users

[September] TLPD Race Winrate Graphs - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 22 Next All
windsupernova
Profile Joined October 2010
Mexico5280 Posts
October 07 2011 16:52 GMT
#101
On October 08 2011 01:48 -_- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2011 01:42 windsupernova wrote:
I don't really get it. Seriously what games are being taken into account here?

According to this:

http://www.sc2charts.net/en/edb?zone=7

1.4 ZvT is roughly at 50%, P is suffering but its not as bad as people make it seem.

1.3

http://www.sc2charts.net/en/edb?zone=4

Is pretty similar with all races being at roughly 50%(yeah some are doing worse, some are doing better but lets be honest we have at least take into account current strategies)

According to Gom in the current GSL(but oh well to be honest they are less games here so data may seem more extreme)

http://www.gomtv.net/records/index.gom?searchType=3&race=Z&vsrace=T&season=2011&leaguetype=20&leagueid=24377&gamever=0&mapid=0

ZvT is currently at 52%

PvT is at 33.3%

PvZ at 39%

In GSTL(which if we want to assume that korean Skill level is the highest skill level)

PvZ is at 50%
PvT is at 51%
ZvT is at 55%

I seriously don't understand which extra games are included in your stats to make it seem that ZvT is so high in favour of Terran when all those other statistics show that its evenish.

And oh well thanks to the person who posted the BW stats. We can't really say too much about Balance when strategies are constantly evolving. And even if we take this stats as the ture ones why does it means that T is OP? In the ilovoov era IIRC ZvT hit 30% favouring T but strategies evolved and the MU was fixed.

I am getting kinda tired with all the race whine tbqh. But I really want to know what makes the OP win% seem kinda different from the ones I posted?


They're TLPD stats. So, it includes GSL, but also NASL, IPL, MLG, and other foreign tournaments. Unlike SC2charts, it doesn't include ladder games.


SC2charts doesn't include ladder.

From their main page

2. Why does the database not include laddergames?
The main reason is that progamers don't take it serious. The Battle.net Ladder is where they train their strategies, play for fun and try new things. Ladder doesn't really matter all that much and we wanted to focus on the competitive aspect which is why we limit the database to tournaments and leagues (as well as showmatches, koth and whatever there is).

"Its easy, just trust your CPU".-Boxer on being good at games
MilesTeg
Profile Joined September 2010
France1271 Posts
October 07 2011 16:56 GMT
#102
Well, I still think using your brain > any stat. I don't think TvZ favours Terran that much and I think PvZ favours Protoss.

But even if you only look at stats it's not that bad, people overreact as usual.
Arcanefrost
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium1257 Posts
October 07 2011 16:56 GMT
#103
Sad zealot
Valor is a poor substitute for numbers.
FairForever
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada2392 Posts
October 07 2011 17:01 GMT
#104
On October 08 2011 01:56 MilesTeg wrote:
Well, I still think using your brain > any stat. I don't think TvZ favours Terran that much and I think PvZ favours Protoss.

But even if you only look at stats it's not that bad, people overreact as usual.


At lower levels I imagine what you say is true, but at the top level, (THIS IS ALL JUST GUESSING WITH NO STATISTICAL EVIDENCE)

TvZ

Multi-pronged drops are just so strong against zerg
Faster reaction time to muta harass = less damage
Better marine splits - zergs do need to micro lings/blings but not as much as tank target-firing and marine splitting and whatnot

With ZvP

Protoss can deathball it up, but as level gets higher zerg can engage more counterattacks, harassment, etc. at the same time
Zerg can split army better, use nydus/drops/etc. to prevent toss from moving out

So I think as the players get more experienced, the game balances in a different way. IMO Protoss is by far the easiest to play at a Bronze/Silver level, because you just keep your army together and 1A into your opponent. As players get more experienced... yeah.
windsupernova
Profile Joined October 2010
Mexico5280 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-07 17:02:08
October 07 2011 17:02 GMT
#105
On October 08 2011 01:56 MilesTeg wrote:
Well, I still think using your brain > any stat. I don't think TvZ favours Terran that much and I think PvZ favours Protoss.

But even if you only look at stats it's not that bad, people overreact as usual.


Well duh, actually watching the games and thinking about the games is better. Haha I guess you are right, people see numbers and form conclusions without giving it much thought. And yeah people tend to overreact a lot but it kinda bothers me because they discredit the play of the progamers "T/Z/P only wins because OP" "Z/TP only lost because UP" is such a crap mentality to support progamers.

At this rate we won't get legends like Savior, ilovoov, Nada, Boxer, Garimto, Reach, Nal Ra..etc, because when someone makes a strategy shift people only think now "hmmm is that OP? He won because of his race obv."

Such a BS way of thinking. Hahaha sorry for venting
"Its easy, just trust your CPU".-Boxer on being good at games
Reborn8u
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1761 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-07 17:07:42
October 07 2011 17:06 GMT
#106
A lot of people are in denial that a problem exists. It is not a coincidence that Terran has been on top for 12 months, with over 10 thousand games a month factored in. Both Protoss and Zerg have spent a lot of time below 45% in some match ups, Terran has never even come close to that.
:)
Clog
Profile Joined January 2011
United States950 Posts
October 07 2011 17:07 GMT
#107
Am I reading it wrong or is this international data only? (aka not Korea)
NesTea | LosirA | MVP | CoCa | Nada | Ryung | DRG | YongHwa
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
October 07 2011 17:08 GMT
#108
Well.. I don't see how you could change this. If you nerf terran too much, only korean terran could win with them. But if you don't nerf them enough, korean terran will still dominate other races.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
FairForever
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada2392 Posts
October 07 2011 17:10 GMT
#109
On October 08 2011 02:02 windsupernova wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2011 01:56 MilesTeg wrote:
Well, I still think using your brain > any stat. I don't think TvZ favours Terran that much and I think PvZ favours Protoss.

But even if you only look at stats it's not that bad, people overreact as usual.


Well duh, actually watching the games and thinking about the games is better. Haha I guess you are right, people see numbers and form conclusions without giving it much thought. And yeah people tend to overreact a lot but it kinda bothers me because they discredit the play of the progamers "T/Z/P only wins because OP" "Z/TP only lost because UP" is such a crap mentality to support progamers.

At this rate we won't get legends like Savior, ilovoov, Nada, Boxer, Garimto, Reach, Nal Ra..etc, because when someone makes a strategy shift people only think now "hmmm is that OP? He won because of his race obv."

Such a BS way of thinking. Hahaha sorry for venting


No one's saying that MVP and Nestea aren't dominant. The fact is regardless of balance these two are exceptional.

They're, however, considered outliers. When you look at the average Korean pro and realize that the Terrans are hugely outperforming the Protoss ones (and, to a lesser extent, the Zergs) you realize there's a problem. Even discounting MVP/Nestea I bet you'd still see huge discrepancies that are statistically significant.
-_-
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States7081 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-07 17:11:48
October 07 2011 17:11 GMT
#110
On October 08 2011 01:52 windsupernova wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2011 01:48 -_- wrote:
On October 08 2011 01:42 windsupernova wrote:
I don't really get it. Seriously what games are being taken into account here?

According to this:

http://www.sc2charts.net/en/edb?zone=7

1.4 ZvT is roughly at 50%, P is suffering but its not as bad as people make it seem.

1.3

http://www.sc2charts.net/en/edb?zone=4

Is pretty similar with all races being at roughly 50%(yeah some are doing worse, some are doing better but lets be honest we have at least take into account current strategies)

According to Gom in the current GSL(but oh well to be honest they are less games here so data may seem more extreme)

http://www.gomtv.net/records/index.gom?searchType=3&race=Z&vsrace=T&season=2011&leaguetype=20&leagueid=24377&gamever=0&mapid=0

ZvT is currently at 52%

PvT is at 33.3%

PvZ at 39%

In GSTL(which if we want to assume that korean Skill level is the highest skill level)

PvZ is at 50%
PvT is at 51%
ZvT is at 55%

I seriously don't understand which extra games are included in your stats to make it seem that ZvT is so high in favour of Terran when all those other statistics show that its evenish.

And oh well thanks to the person who posted the BW stats. We can't really say too much about Balance when strategies are constantly evolving. And even if we take this stats as the ture ones why does it means that T is OP? In the ilovoov era IIRC ZvT hit 30% favouring T but strategies evolved and the MU was fixed.

I am getting kinda tired with all the race whine tbqh. But I really want to know what makes the OP win% seem kinda different from the ones I posted?


They're TLPD stats. So, it includes GSL, but also NASL, IPL, MLG, and other foreign tournaments. Unlike SC2charts, it doesn't include ladder games.


SC2charts doesn't include ladder.

From their main page

2. Why does the database not include laddergames?
The main reason is that progamers don't take it serious. The Battle.net Ladder is where they train their strategies, play for fun and try new things. Ladder doesn't really matter all that much and we wanted to focus on the competitive aspect which is why we limit the database to tournaments and leagues (as well as showmatches, koth and whatever there is).




My mistake. I thought SC2charts was something like SC2ranks.
Sabu113
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States11110 Posts
October 07 2011 17:19 GMT
#111
On October 08 2011 01:56 MilesTeg wrote:
Well, I still think using your brain > any stat. I don't think TvZ favours Terran that much and I think PvZ favours Protoss.

But even if you only look at stats it's not that bad, people overreact as usual.


Tell me the race of the person likely to win IPL, MLG (top 3), and the next 2-3 GSLs (caveated if there's another patch).

Blizzcon too though I would be content with throwing that tournament out.
Biomine is a drunken chick who is on industrial strength amphetamines and would just grab your dick and jerk it as hard and violently as she could while screaming 'OMG FUCK ME', because she saw it in a Sasha Grey video ...-Wombat_Ni
zeropoint
Profile Joined November 2010
United States94 Posts
October 07 2011 17:24 GMT
#112
theres only 900 games this month instead of the like 3k from the other months?
"Keep it running, Randy." - Idra
-_-
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States7081 Posts
October 07 2011 17:24 GMT
#113
Hey, I'm looking at the sc2 charts site and I can't for the life of me find their database. I want to look at the database so I can look at for example the last 100/200/1000 games put in. Could anybody help me find it?
Tsubbi
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany7997 Posts
October 07 2011 17:27 GMT
#114
On October 08 2011 02:19 Sabu113 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2011 01:56 MilesTeg wrote:
Well, I still think using your brain > any stat. I don't think TvZ favours Terran that much and I think PvZ favours Protoss.

But even if you only look at stats it's not that bad, people overreact as usual.


Tell me the race of the person likely to win IPL, MLG (top 3), and the next 2-3 GSLs (caveated if there's another patch).

Blizzcon too though I would be content with throwing that tournament out.


terran, terran (top3), terran next 2-3 gsls (tvt finals)

blizzcon: terran

after that: bunker time increased by 5 seconds
clusen
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany8702 Posts
October 07 2011 17:28 GMT
#115
On October 08 2011 02:24 -_- wrote:
Hey, I'm looking at the sc2 charts site and I can't for the life of me find their database. I want to look at the database so I can look at for example the last 100/200/1000 games put in. Could anybody help me find it?

The database they use is TLPD, as they have written under the chart(s)

Tsubbi
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany7997 Posts
October 07 2011 17:33 GMT
#116
On October 08 2011 02:28 clusen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2011 02:24 -_- wrote:
Hey, I'm looking at the sc2 charts site and I can't for the life of me find their database. I want to look at the database so I can look at for example the last 100/200/1000 games put in. Could anybody help me find it?

The database they use is TLPD, as they have written under the chart(s)



actually it says otherwise in their faq:

1. What are those rankings based on?
The ranking is based on the match database of MyStarCraft.de which is a german website. The database includes all sorts of tournaments and leagues, also weekly cups (quarterfinals onwards). Right now the database is even bigger than the one on TL itself (even though it's pretty close). And of course: as we are german we are reliable!
-_-
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States7081 Posts
October 07 2011 17:37 GMT
#117
On October 08 2011 02:33 Tsubbi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2011 02:28 clusen wrote:
On October 08 2011 02:24 -_- wrote:
Hey, I'm looking at the sc2 charts site and I can't for the life of me find their database. I want to look at the database so I can look at for example the last 100/200/1000 games put in. Could anybody help me find it?

The database they use is TLPD, as they have written under the chart(s)



actually it says otherwise in their faq:

1. What are those rankings based on?
The ranking is based on the match database of MyStarCraft.de which is a german website. The database includes all sorts of tournaments and leagues, also weekly cups (quarterfinals onwards). Right now the database is even bigger than the one on TL itself (even though it's pretty close). And of course: as we are german we are reliable!



Ahh. So my guess is the difference between the TLPD and the German Database is that the german database includes more games, and most likely a slightly lower level of play. Thank you so much!
Tsubbi
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany7997 Posts
October 07 2011 17:43 GMT
#118
On October 08 2011 02:37 -_- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2011 02:33 Tsubbi wrote:
On October 08 2011 02:28 clusen wrote:
On October 08 2011 02:24 -_- wrote:
Hey, I'm looking at the sc2 charts site and I can't for the life of me find their database. I want to look at the database so I can look at for example the last 100/200/1000 games put in. Could anybody help me find it?

The database they use is TLPD, as they have written under the chart(s)



actually it says otherwise in their faq:

1. What are those rankings based on?
The ranking is based on the match database of MyStarCraft.de which is a german website. The database includes all sorts of tournaments and leagues, also weekly cups (quarterfinals onwards). Right now the database is even bigger than the one on TL itself (even though it's pretty close). And of course: as we are german we are reliable!



Ahh. So my guess is the difference between the TLPD and the German Database is that the german database includes more games, and most likely a slightly lower level of play. Thank you so much!


how dare you

more EUROPEAN tourneys included certainly leads to slightly higher skill level if anything

Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
October 07 2011 17:45 GMT
#119
ZvsT and ZvP seem to have changed as percentages. What happened?
QTIP.
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2113 Posts
October 07 2011 17:46 GMT
#120
Downward slope = Sad Zealot.
"Trash Micro but Win. Its Marin." - Min Chul
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1581
RotterdaM906
TaKeTV 366
IndyStarCraft 192
SteadfastSC164
ZombieGrub98
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1581
RotterdaM 906
IndyStarCraft 192
MaxPax 164
SteadfastSC 164
RuFF_SC2 142
ZombieGrub98
UpATreeSC 74
MindelVK 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2722
Shuttle 509
Dewaltoss 115
910 68
Mind 60
Bale 14
Counter-Strike
fl0m3992
pashabiceps1399
Fnx 678
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4943
Liquid`Hasu571
Other Games
Beastyqt843
mouzStarbuck428
shahzam342
ToD197
summit1g186
C9.Mang0152
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV207
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 167
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 16
• Eskiya23 13
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade350
Other Games
• imaqtpie860
• Shiphtur325
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 13m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 13m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 13m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.