• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:57
CEST 08:57
KST 15:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6261 users

[September] TLPD Race Winrate Graphs - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 22 Next All
poorcloud
Profile Joined April 2011
Singapore2748 Posts
October 08 2011 04:00 GMT
#141
I don't think we should take these stats too seriously. The players haven't adapted to the patch yet and you should be taking reference from the actual games. Creatorprime + Genius and even whitera today has shown that protoss can beat terran easily with their new builds. Zerg is over-reacting to the infestor patch and things will be back to normal soon.
The right period that we should look at the winrates should be October/November. If terran increases its win rate, then its disturbing. But i believe PvT and ZvT winrates should climb back up.

And we should look at korean stats, not international stats.
Snowbear
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Korea (South)1925 Posts
October 08 2011 16:19 GMT
#142
On October 08 2011 05:21 Gatored wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2011 03:50 CuHz wrote:
if i could be able to start over; i wish i started off picking terran in BW + sc2. I sometimes offrace as terran and i dont even know their hot keys and i can easily beat top master player protsses =X.


I think every protoss feels that way.


Don't forget that there are alot of terrans I know which defeat top terran players with protoss without even trying...
freetgy
Profile Joined November 2010
1720 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-08 16:27:41
October 08 2011 16:24 GMT
#143
On October 09 2011 01:19 Snowbear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2011 05:21 Gatored wrote:
On October 08 2011 03:50 CuHz wrote:
if i could be able to start over; i wish i started off picking terran in BW + sc2. I sometimes offrace as terran and i dont even know their hot keys and i can easily beat top master player protsses =X.


I think every protoss feels that way.


Don't forget that there are alot of terrans I know which defeat top terran players with protoss without even trying...


replay or it didn't happen

we have seen mc off racing as terran and defeating people easily.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
October 08 2011 16:43 GMT
#144
I was going to say I don't understand why PvT was the QQ hot point but then I realized at least Zerg was winning over Protoss.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
October 08 2011 16:44 GMT
#145
On October 07 2011 22:44 tnud wrote:
Calm the **** down.
[image loading]
It'll be alright
EDIT: Should be noted that the map pool rules a lot of the balance in BW.


Yeah people overreact to these statistics. OMG imba!!!
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
Not_That
Profile Joined April 2011
287 Posts
October 09 2011 03:35 GMT
#146
I hope Blizzard doesn't wait for HOTS to do something about this. This is hurting the game, even though many people prefer to think that there is no problem.
windsupernova
Profile Joined October 2010
Mexico5280 Posts
October 09 2011 03:41 GMT
#147
On October 08 2011 05:18 Reborn8u wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2011 03:53 windsupernova wrote:
On October 08 2011 02:19 Sabu113 wrote:
On October 08 2011 01:56 MilesTeg wrote:
Well, I still think using your brain > any stat. I don't think TvZ favours Terran that much and I think PvZ favours Protoss.

But even if you only look at stats it's not that bad, people overreact as usual.


Tell me the race of the person likely to win IPL, MLG (top 3), and the next 2-3 GSLs (caveated if there's another patch).

Blizzcon too though I would be content with throwing that tournament out.


yeah lets not take player skill into account. GSL will probably will be MVP, IPL dunno maybe MC? He looked really good yesterday.

+ Show Spoiler +

He beat 1 (one!!) Korean Terran!!!!!!


Blizzcon will prob be MVP or Nestea(prob MVP because he has a good record against the Tea)

GSL if MVP is still as dominant as he is will prob go to Terran. But thats because MVP is a fucking Beast. But hey lets look at championships in BW!

OSL # of champions

14 T(!!!)
10 Zerg
9 P

Well... maybe MSL is more balanced

12 T
10 Z
4 P

... Welp I guess BW is a broken game. Someone tell Flash that he is being carried by his race.

Did I make a valid point? No! The thing is that balance is something much more complicated that watching the # of champions of each race.But its obvious that you have your mind set so I guess I am just wasting time. I am not even saying the game is balanced but basing your conclusions based on solely stuff as winrates(those can change based on the strategies used, look at how TvZ evolved through the years in BW) or # of championships is just... moronic.



Looking at just champions is problematic of course. But look at these two charts

[image loading]
[image loading]

Now realize that the Sc2 has almost 9000 more games factored in it's graph than BW's.

In BW's sample of 15959 games every race takes turns going from top to bottom, and at many points every race is within 3% of each other.

Now look at Sc2's graph of 25,187 games. in only two places I see the races reach within 3% for all three. (Oct 2010, and June 2011) Also notice that Terran is on top the entire length of the graph.

Also look at the individual matchups. In BW we see some drastic swings, but every race takes turns above and below the 50% mark in every matchup. Now look at Sc2's matchups. PvZ is the only matchup where there is change in dominance.

Conclusion = BW has better balance


You do realize that the BW chart is aprox 3 years right?

I am just saying that we shouldn´t take conclusions based off 1 year.
"Its easy, just trust your CPU".-Boxer on being good at games
JJH777
Profile Joined January 2011
United States4420 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-09 04:16:59
October 09 2011 04:16 GMT
#148
At the people discussing the lack of a dominant protoss as evidence that protoss is UP. That argument is flawed because there has never been a protoss who dominated his mirror like Nestea and MVP dominate their mirrors (especially Nestea). MC was close for a while but lately has fallen off a cliff in PvP. Losing to Hongun, and Alicia right next to each other and now losing to some random toss. He also lost a PvP in the recent korean weekly I'm pretty sure or at the very least it was really close can't remember the games exactly.
LtLolburger
Profile Joined August 2010
New Zealand365 Posts
October 09 2011 04:23 GMT
#149
Terran has always been on top.
It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane. -Philip K. Dick
-_-
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States7081 Posts
October 09 2011 04:26 GMT
#150
On October 09 2011 13:16 JJH777 wrote:
At the people discussing the lack of a dominant protoss as evidence that protoss is UP. That argument is flawed because there has never been a protoss who dominated his mirror like Nestea and MVP dominate their mirrors (especially Nestea). MC was close for a while but lately has fallen off a cliff in PvP. Losing to Hongun, and Alicia right next to each other and now losing to some random toss. He also lost a PvP in the recent korean weekly I'm pretty sure or at the very least it was really close can't remember the games exactly.



Interesting point.

Here's something I think you should consider. Because of the warp in mechanic, I think PvP is fundamentally different than the other mirrors. In ZvZ and TvT, because of the defender's advantage, rushes are weaker and drawing out the game is easier, giving players more opportunity to showcase their skill. This is because units come from production buildings.

However, in PvP, units can come from pylons. I believe this means we will never see a Protoss player be as dominant in his mirror matchup as the best Zerg and Terran players are.

kodas
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States418 Posts
October 09 2011 04:39 GMT
#151
On October 09 2011 01:24 freetgy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2011 01:19 Snowbear wrote:
On October 08 2011 05:21 Gatored wrote:
On October 08 2011 03:50 CuHz wrote:
if i could be able to start over; i wish i started off picking terran in BW + sc2. I sometimes offrace as terran and i dont even know their hot keys and i can easily beat top master player protsses =X.


I think every protoss feels that way.


Don't forget that there are alot of terrans I know which defeat top terran players with protoss without even trying...


replay or it didn't happen

we have seen mc off racing as terran and defeating people easily.

MKP(as protoss) vs slayersMMA, At the last GSL final.
Get paper, fuck bitches, smoke trees, mass thors.
dooraven
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia2820 Posts
October 09 2011 05:55 GMT
#152
On October 09 2011 13:39 kodas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2011 01:24 freetgy wrote:
On October 09 2011 01:19 Snowbear wrote:
On October 08 2011 05:21 Gatored wrote:
On October 08 2011 03:50 CuHz wrote:
if i could be able to start over; i wish i started off picking terran in BW + sc2. I sometimes offrace as terran and i dont even know their hot keys and i can easily beat top master player protsses =X.


I think every protoss feels that way.


Don't forget that there are alot of terrans I know which defeat top terran players with protoss without even trying...


replay or it didn't happen

we have seen mc off racing as terran and defeating people easily.

MKP(as protoss) vs slayersMMA, At the last GSL final.


Rofl those were joke games...
Go go Alliance.
KevinIX
Profile Joined October 2009
United States2472 Posts
October 09 2011 06:01 GMT
#153
The ZvT stats were actually very surprising to me. I thought that ZvT was supposed to be the most balanced non-mirror matchup. I guess not.
Liquid FIGHTING!!!
Artok
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands2219 Posts
October 09 2011 06:13 GMT
#154
zvt still being awesome haha ;D
Chun-li since ST
CatNzHat
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1599 Posts
October 09 2011 06:16 GMT
#155
You should post graphs to scale, where 0% is the bottom and 100% is the top, would give people a much better sense of what the balance actually is.
MuseMike
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1339 Posts
October 09 2011 06:20 GMT
#156
On October 09 2011 01:19 Snowbear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2011 05:21 Gatored wrote:
On October 08 2011 03:50 CuHz wrote:
if i could be able to start over; i wish i started off picking terran in BW + sc2. I sometimes offrace as terran and i dont even know their hot keys and i can easily beat top master player protsses =X.


I think every protoss feels that way.


Don't forget that there are alot of terrans I know which defeat top terran players with protoss without even trying...

Anecdotal evidence, how wonderful. When statistics show you the truth, lean back on anecdotes!
MuseMike
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1339 Posts
October 09 2011 06:21 GMT
#157
On October 09 2011 13:39 kodas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2011 01:24 freetgy wrote:
On October 09 2011 01:19 Snowbear wrote:
On October 08 2011 05:21 Gatored wrote:
On October 08 2011 03:50 CuHz wrote:
if i could be able to start over; i wish i started off picking terran in BW + sc2. I sometimes offrace as terran and i dont even know their hot keys and i can easily beat top master player protsses =X.


I think every protoss feels that way.


Don't forget that there are alot of terrans I know which defeat top terran players with protoss without even trying...


replay or it didn't happen

we have seen mc off racing as terran and defeating people easily.

MKP(as protoss) vs slayersMMA, At the last GSL final.

You mean the game no one cared about? It was a showmatch where they did retarded builds. That same night Nestea did early 3 base on Antiga with the 3rd being the gold. Yeah, everyone, even the casters knew that people didn't take it seriously.
K3Nyy
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1961 Posts
October 09 2011 06:23 GMT
#158
Is there a Korean graph? These stats seem kinda distorted because of Koreans coming over and beating everyone regardless of whatever race they play, well, maybe except for one. ><"

Anyway, I think it's pretty clear that Terran is the dominant race. They've been holding a considerable win rate margin over Zerg and a slight margin over Protoss. Also PvZ has also been favoring the Zerg these past months.

Still I'd like to see a Korean graph where the highest skill level is right now.
Chaosvuistje
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands2581 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-09 06:26:32
October 09 2011 06:23 GMT
#159
I wish I had that kind of win percentage against P T_T.
I kind of hoped that since the patch the winrate for P in PvZ would increase so I could whine about it some more, but again I'm shown with percentages that say 'nope, you just suck a lot'.

To be fair, the ZvT probably is because of some random metagame shift at the Terran spectrum and the Zergs just haven't adapted to it. I'm pretty confident in that match up being rather balanced as long as the game stabilizes some more.


On October 09 2011 15:23 K3Nyy wrote:
Is there a Korean graph? These stats seem kinda distorted because of Koreans coming over and beating everyone regardless of whatever race they play, well, maybe except for one. ><"

Anyway, I think it's pretty clear that Terran is the dominant race. They've been holding a considerable win rate margin over Zerg and a slight margin over Protoss. Also PvZ has also been favoring the Zerg these past months.

Still I'd like to see a Korean graph where the highest skill level is right now.


I don't think a Korean graph gives us a lot of exciting data. Considering that most of the top koreans are Terran they will get the most air time on the GSL, GSTL and KotH korea ( perhaps the latter one is more balanced race wise, but I don't think they are held into account. ) and because of that the sample size of Zerg vs Protoss would be too small to pick any balance out of it.
K3Nyy
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1961 Posts
October 09 2011 06:29 GMT
#160
On October 09 2011 15:23 Chaosvuistje wrote:
I wish I had that kind of win percentage against P T_T.
I kind of hoped that since the patch the winrate for P in PvZ would increase so I could whine about it some more, but again I'm shown with percentages that say 'nope, you just suck a lot'.

To be fair, the ZvT probably is because of some random metagame shift at the Terran spectrum and the Zergs just haven't adapted to it. I'm pretty confident in that match up being rather balanced as long as the game stabilizes some more.


Show nested quote +
On October 09 2011 15:23 K3Nyy wrote:
Is there a Korean graph? These stats seem kinda distorted because of Koreans coming over and beating everyone regardless of whatever race they play, well, maybe except for one. ><"

Anyway, I think it's pretty clear that Terran is the dominant race. They've been holding a considerable win rate margin over Zerg and a slight margin over Protoss. Also PvZ has also been favoring the Zerg these past months.

Still I'd like to see a Korean graph where the highest skill level is right now.


I don't think a Korean graph gives us a lot of exciting data. Considering that most of the top koreans are Terran they will get the most air time on the GSL, GSTL and KotH korea ( perhaps the latter one is more balanced race wise, but I don't think they are held into account. ) and because of that the sample size of Zerg vs Protoss would be too small to pick any balance out of it.


A few hundred games a month could show us a trend.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyun 64
NotJumperer 56
sorry 56
Bale 35
Noble 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto205
League of Legends
JimRising 555
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King114
Other Games
summit1g7972
Coldzera 728
WinterStarcraft414
ceh9383
C9.Mang0301
NeuroSwarm106
Sick96
ViBE23
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick608
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2283
League of Legends
• Rush1101
• Lourlo884
• Stunt390
• Jankos291
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 3m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 3m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 3m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.