• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:42
CEST 02:42
KST 09:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8914 users

[Aug] TLPD Race Winrate Graphs - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
September 05 2011 10:35 GMT
#21
The next month graph should be interesting. This weekend we saw a trend of new protoss builds, a lot of protoss qualified in code A, and even in the TLOpen this was the case (so a global trend).
I wonder if it'll continue or not, but I would not be surprised if the next month graph shows a nice rising bar for the protoss.
RealQ
Profile Joined March 2011
1120 Posts
September 05 2011 10:36 GMT
#22
Protoss korea winrate is gonna set a all time low, i for one wont be surprised if it drops under 30%
SwampZero
Profile Joined September 2010
Greece350 Posts
September 05 2011 10:37 GMT
#23
Korea graphs with 800~ games played ARE kinda meaningless. And it shows, too much variation
gladsheim
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia676 Posts
September 05 2011 10:40 GMT
#24
T on top again zz
Yaotzin
Profile Joined August 2010
South Africa4280 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-05 10:44:15
September 05 2011 10:43 GMT
#25
On September 05 2011 19:35 MrCon wrote:
The next month graph should be interesting. This weekend we saw a trend of new protoss builds, a lot of protoss qualified in code A, and even in the TLOpen this was the case (so a global trend).
I wonder if it'll continue or not, but I would not be surprised if the next month graph shows a nice rising bar for the protoss.

Not sure if the Code A quals mean anything - there were only a few Terrans anyone had heard of, frankly. I guess all the decent Terrans are already in GSL Several of the best ones knocked each other out too, Hack, Sculp, Rainbow, theStC, all out to TvTs.

As for new builds...they've been getting tried certainly, but where is the success of them?

TLOpen had like 4 Code B Koreans...


Korea graphs with 800~ games played ARE kinda meaningless. And it shows, too much variation

The sample is certainly unsatisfactory, but unfortunately it's all we've got for the highest level of play, and trends there do tend to filter through to international.
SwampZero
Profile Joined September 2010
Greece350 Posts
September 05 2011 10:46 GMT
#26
well we already saw the international ...
Toadvine
Profile Joined November 2010
Poland2234 Posts
September 05 2011 10:48 GMT
#27
On September 05 2011 19:37 SwampZero wrote:
Korea graphs with 800~ games played ARE kinda meaningless. And it shows, too much variation


They're meaningful if the results are lopsided enough. The Korean graph showing a 55% winrate for Terran in TvP can mean any amount of things, but a 70% winrate would strongly suggest a problem even with the small sample size.
"There are always some Eskimos ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves." - S.J.Lec
SwampZero
Profile Joined September 2010
Greece350 Posts
September 05 2011 10:50 GMT
#28
On September 05 2011 19:48 Toadvine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2011 19:37 SwampZero wrote:
Korea graphs with 800~ games played ARE kinda meaningless. And it shows, too much variation


They're meaningful if the results are lopsided enough. The Korean graph showing a 55% winrate for Terran in TvP can mean any amount of things, but a 70% winrate would strongly suggest a problem even with the small sample size.


yeah but you see like 4 upsets in months that weren't even patch months in the PvZ korean subgraph. That p. much means that the sample size is small.
ToInfinity
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands61 Posts
September 05 2011 10:50 GMT
#29
On September 05 2011 19:37 SwampZero wrote:
Korea graphs with 800~ games played ARE kinda meaningless. And it shows, too much variation


it shows a pretty clear terran pattern though
JonnyLaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3482 Posts
September 05 2011 10:52 GMT
#30
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 05 2011 19:35 Yaotzin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2011 19:31 MrCon wrote:
Haha, the winrates are quite balanced but this turned into a QQ by anticipation thread xD

The problem is that they're a little imbalanced in the same way they've been forever - ie Zerg and Protoss getting shafted, Zerg less so since all the buffs they got.

Some imbalance each month is to be expected with a shifting metagame; the problem is that the "baseline" has been off for so long. The fact that Zerg has NEVER had even 50% winrate against Terran is absolutely ridiculous.



The foreign one looks about as expected. I feel like many players and viewers are seeing terran domination, and even when it's 52% win rate, they feel slighted.

Terran has never been below 50% overall w/l. There are many good terran players both in the foreign and especially the Korean community. Combine this with terran's early game ability to deny scouting and repair bunker safety and suddenly you have a race which wins over 50%.

MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
September 05 2011 10:59 GMT
#31
On September 05 2011 19:43 Yaotzin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2011 19:35 MrCon wrote:
The next month graph should be interesting. This weekend we saw a trend of new protoss builds, a lot of protoss qualified in code A, and even in the TLOpen this was the case (so a global trend).
I wonder if it'll continue or not, but I would not be surprised if the next month graph shows a nice rising bar for the protoss.

Not sure if the Code A quals mean anything - there were only a few Terrans anyone had heard of, frankly. I guess all the decent Terrans are already in GSL Several of the best ones knocked each other out too, Hack, Sculp, Rainbow, theStC, all out to TvTs.

As for new builds...they've been getting tried certainly, but where is the success of them?

TLOpen had like 4 Code B Koreans...

Show nested quote +

Korea graphs with 800~ games played ARE kinda meaningless. And it shows, too much variation

The sample is certainly unsatisfactory, but unfortunately it's all we've got for the highest level of play, and trends there do tend to filter through to international.

Bleh, I started an answer but your post is so distressing TT

So if I understood correctly, terran are dominating, but all terrans are in GSL already so code A results mean nothing. But if those unknown terrans would have qualified, I imagine what kind of posts you would type right now...

A lot of new builds have been used, vT or vZ with great success this weekend, but you say "As for new builds...they've been getting tried certainly, but where is the success of them?"
which doesn't makes any sense as they have been used to great success in all of last weekend tournaments. 3P5Z top 8 TLopen, 5Z5P2T code A qualifiers, isn't that a success ?

I think you fell too far in the dark imba side, so you start to distort reality so it fits the imba theory.
I'm not saying this is definitive, but what I saw this weekend could very well continue, I've seen more new, successful protoss builds in 2 days than in 3 months.
prOxi.FighT
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia114 Posts
September 05 2011 11:00 GMT
#32
On September 05 2011 19:52 JonnyLaw wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 05 2011 19:35 Yaotzin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2011 19:31 MrCon wrote:
Haha, the winrates are quite balanced but this turned into a QQ by anticipation thread xD

The problem is that they're a little imbalanced in the same way they've been forever - ie Zerg and Protoss getting shafted, Zerg less so since all the buffs they got.

Some imbalance each month is to be expected with a shifting metagame; the problem is that the "baseline" has been off for so long. The fact that Zerg has NEVER had even 50% winrate against Terran is absolutely ridiculous.



The foreign one looks about as expected. I feel like many players and viewers are seeing terran domination, and even when it's 52% win rate, they feel slighted.

Terran has never been below 50% overall w/l. There are many good terran players both in the foreign and especially the Korean community. Combine this with terran's early game ability to deny scouting and repair bunker safety and suddenly you have a race which wins over 50%.



You might want to look at the abilities that terran DIDN'T have in brood war, bro.
KimJongChill
Profile Joined January 2011
United States6429 Posts
September 05 2011 11:01 GMT
#33
Well, things are looking a bit better I guess. I really wonder how the new patch will shake things up.
MMA: U realise MMA: Most of my army EgIdra: fuck off MMA: Killed my orbital MMA: LOL MMA: just saying MMA: u werent loss
spacemonkeyy
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia477 Posts
September 05 2011 11:04 GMT
#34
Yet according to Idra- protoss still OP. Fucking LOL.
SwampZero
Profile Joined September 2010
Greece350 Posts
September 05 2011 11:09 GMT
#35
On September 05 2011 20:04 spacemonkeyy wrote:
Yet according to Idra- protoss still OP. Fucking LOL.


Protoss do have some insanely OP abilities, but are nerfed overally to balance them out.

Sentry Force Field is such a hard ability, it should not even exist.
Yaotzin
Profile Joined August 2010
South Africa4280 Posts
September 05 2011 11:09 GMT
#36
On September 05 2011 19:59 MrCon wrote:
So if I understood correctly, terran are dominating, but all terrans are in GSL already so code A results mean nothing. But if those unknown terrans would have qualified, I imagine what kind of posts you would type right now...

Firstly, I said maybe, and listed some mitigating factors to the Code A qual results. Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted with them. Will be a far more entertaining Code A for me.

My point was, if Terran is indeed too strong, then what has happened in GSL is roughly what you would expect to happen. All the decent Terrans would qualify first, then when their numbers run out the decent Z/P fill in the remaining places.

If GSL develops into Code S = Terran, Code A = P/Z, then this would confirm that this is what is happening. And, sadly, this is what appears to be happening.

If the unknown Terrans qualified..well..that would be just evidence that the problem is worse than it appears, obviously. If top 10 Protoss/Zerg players can't even get in Code A...thankfully this didn't happen.

A lot of new builds have been used, vT or vZ with great success this weekend, but you say "As for new builds...they've been getting tried certainly, but where is the success of them?"
which doesn't makes any sense as they have been used to great success in all of last weekend tournaments. 3P5Z top 8 TLopen, 5Z5P2T code A qualifiers, isn't that a success ?

I wasn't disagreeing, sorry that wasn't clear - I missed many of the actual games sadly, so I didn't see these styles working. Whenever I see new stuff like zealot/archon PvZ is fails pretty miserably. I'll be delighted if the new styles are actually working against top notch players!

I think you fell too far in the dark imba side, so you start to distort reality so it fits the imba theory.
I'm not saying this is definitive, but what I saw this weekend could very well continue, I've seen more new, successful protoss builds in 2 days than in 3 months.

Well I'm not saying it's hopelessly broken or anything, but I have no idea how anyone can claim that Zerg and Protoss haven't been given the short stick in SC2 since release. The data is pretty conclusive on that... I really hope I'm wrong and this is a sign of an upswing, but well, history suggests it isn't :/
Truedot
Profile Joined August 2011
444 Posts
September 05 2011 11:13 GMT
#37
On September 05 2011 19:20 SwampZero wrote:
Never once in the history of Starcraft II were zerg winning more than terran in TvZ ...


Yeah, and if you look at the graph, all the increase winrate signifies is the time when mass infestor and ling/bling/muta started getting used.

Its also bad for protoss too, even for all their deathball goodness. People starting to attrition war them more often I suppose.
I used to spend my time not caring about people's language in chat. Until I got hit by blizz. Now I spend my time instigating people to verbal abusive levels, so I can ban them in turn. The circle of life.
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
September 05 2011 11:14 GMT
#38
Waiting for that 1.4 patch that will arrive anyday, or perhaps next month?

I feel like the new protosses that are doing pretty good in Code A prelimineries now are gonna explode once the game get's more balanced. I feel like player like Sage will hit Code S and easily own people he might be so better than now but struggling to beat, for example in vT and vP. But that's just my philosophy.
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
Truedot
Profile Joined August 2011
444 Posts
September 05 2011 11:14 GMT
#39
On September 05 2011 19:23 Beyonder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2011 19:20 SwampZero wrote:
Never once in the history of Starcraft II were zerg winning more than terran in TvZ ...

http://i.imgur.com/bdP2e.png

Korea solves! ^_^


oh good, a 68% win rate for a whole month for T on that graph.

totally balanced.
I used to spend my time not caring about people's language in chat. Until I got hit by blizz. Now I spend my time instigating people to verbal abusive levels, so I can ban them in turn. The circle of life.
Truedot
Profile Joined August 2011
444 Posts
September 05 2011 11:15 GMT
#40
On September 05 2011 19:32 Zeon0 wrote:
Korean also means even less, cause of the small sample size. A single player can mess up the whole graph, if he has a good run.


because all of 5 people play in korea?
I used to spend my time not caring about people's language in chat. Until I got hit by blizz. Now I spend my time instigating people to verbal abusive levels, so I can ban them in turn. The circle of life.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft448
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta20
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft448
WinterStarcraft57
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 161
Noble 96
NaDa 53
Hyuk 51
Bale 16
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm132
League of Legends
Doublelift4002
Counter-Strike
taco 87
minikerr22
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox548
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4101
Khaldor566
Other Games
summit1g7941
FrodaN1623
Coldzera 812
JimRising 469
C9.Mang0311
KnowMe165
ViBE66
ArmadaUGS51
Mew2King43
CosmosSc2 11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick786
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream87
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH329
• Hupsaiya 56
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21743
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
9h 19m
Online Event
10h 19m
FEL
15h 19m
AI Arena Tournament
16h 19m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 19m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 11h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.