• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:56
CEST 16:56
KST 23:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War175.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202620Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11157 users

Starcraft Patriotism! - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 11 Next All
Finrod1
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany3997 Posts
June 16 2011 11:04 GMT
#121
I generelly support the players i like the most. Simple as that. And its more likely that i like someone who i "know" kinda. So a person like incontrol is just one of my favourite players because he is an awesome person and has that underdog feeling.
I don't like rooting for the favorites that much.

and about patriotism (which is just a nicer term for nationalism) it's just stupid in my eyes. i will never be patriotic and just don't get it why people feel attached just about a birth place. ... and its no argument that "they do it in other sports aswell". that just a lemming call.
FenneK
Profile Joined November 2010
France1231 Posts
June 16 2011 11:04 GMT
#122
i root for french players, but their results dont make it easy for me
good luck have batman
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
June 16 2011 11:05 GMT
#123
I'm Korean Australian, and there's no one in Australia to root for (well except moonglade but everyone loves him)

lalala
Jiddra
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2685 Posts
June 16 2011 11:05 GMT
#124
On June 16 2011 20:01 JesusOurSaviour wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2011 19:23 alepov wrote:
I don't care where the player is from, I just want to see the best play (or something very innovative). And Koreans are simply better, so there you go.

Same.

That said, come WCG2011 (HYPEEE) There's going to be some nation hyping (Hi Swedish TL-ers) + patriotism!


Woooohoooo Sweden, we are the SC2 mafia!!



We gonna take all the gold, bases and lovers!
I am not young enough to know everything.
simansh
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
257 Posts
June 16 2011 11:10 GMT
#125
This kind of surprises me, I always thought there was kind of a negative load to the word patriotism, especially by americans :p (no offense). That said, I think it's kind of silly to judge people based on nationality.
#1 Zenex Line fan!
Jedi Master
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany185 Posts
June 16 2011 11:10 GMT
#126
Patriotism are you kidding me? That a US-Only thing, because the stupid Americans thing they are the greatest country in the world, they're so wrong.

I'm rooting for players that I like the most, their country isn't really important. I like TLO mostly because of his unique builds and his entertaining games (NUKES!) and MKP for his great Bio-Play (Base-Race Series vs Nada!).

User was warned for this post
♥ MVP_Keen ♥ oGs.MC ♥ LiquidTLO ♥ mouzThorZain ♥ Moletrap ♥
Alethios
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
New Zealand2765 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-16 11:17:14
June 16 2011 11:17 GMT
#127
No professional New Zealanders to root for
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.
Ragoo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2773 Posts
June 16 2011 11:18 GMT
#128
On June 16 2011 20:10 Jedi Master wrote:
Patriotism are you kidding me? That a US-Only thing, because the stupid Americans thing they are the greatest country in the world, they're so wrong.


... yes Americans are -very- patriotic but they are definitely not the only patriotic country and have you ever seen something like a football world cup?

I love my own country but that doesn't mean I think we are the greatest, I consider myself patriotic but not chauvinistic.
Member of TPW mapmaking team/// twitter.com/Ragoo_ /// "goody represents border between explainable reason and supernatural" Cloud
Neino
Profile Joined March 2011
Norway295 Posts
June 16 2011 11:31 GMT
#129
Uh, I'm from norway. And the only pro players I can think of from approximately here would be the swedes, so would have to cheer for scandinavia then. Prefer great players with great personalities that just deliver awesome games, regardless of where they're from.
Zarahtra
Profile Joined May 2010
Iceland4053 Posts
June 16 2011 11:42 GMT
#130
race > country > player(lika...bility?) > .... > zerg, pretty much.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
June 16 2011 11:43 GMT
#131
I'm highly patriotic towards my Zerg compatriots. For the SWARM.



However I see little purpose in dividing pro players into individual countries. We're all playing a game that breaks the color of our skin, creeds and nationalities; that transcends the pointless labeling we assign everyone in real life. I see three races. I hate Terran, I think Protoss are alright and I'll support a Zerg player till the end.

But no, I don't cheer for American progamers any more than I cheer for Norwegian or Korean progamers. I cheer for the smartest, fastest and most successful players whether they're from Zimbabwe or New Zealand.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Leyra
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1222 Posts
June 16 2011 11:47 GMT
#132
On June 16 2011 20:10 Jedi Master wrote:
Patriotism are you kidding me? That a US-Only thing, because the stupid Americans thing they are the greatest country in the world, they're so wrong.

I'm rooting for players that I like the most, their country isn't really important. I like TLO mostly because of his unique builds and his entertaining games (NUKES!) and MKP for his great Bio-Play (Base-Race Series vs Nada!).



I've never understood why these "Stupid American" posts aren't a bannable offense on this forum... to me that's kind of like calling someone a racial slur. It's bigotry, even if it's based on something silly like their country of origin.

That being said, you're a fool if you think "stupid Americans" are the only ones who believe in patriotism. It's an incredibly common feeling, just look at the World cup or something. Ignorant ass.
mapthesoul
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Trinidad/Tobago429 Posts
June 16 2011 11:57 GMT
#133
Most Swedish people on this forum are idiots and very annoying with their patriotism (and i say this as a swede). It's straight up embarassing most of the time.
Benjef
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United Kingdom6921 Posts
June 16 2011 11:59 GMT
#134
Dignitas is my favorite team because there a UK based organization / team. Even if most of the players arn't British I don't care :D.
<3 | Dota 2 | DayZ | <3
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
June 16 2011 12:00 GMT
#135
You should try living in America if you want to see annoying patriotism.


Leyra, most people that make America bashing posts without reason or support last less than a few months. It isn't even US bashing, its just shit posts.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
legaton
Profile Joined December 2010
France1763 Posts
June 16 2011 12:06 GMT
#136
I support korean players because watching BW for years used me to root for the korean guys owning the white dudes at WCG.
No GG, No Skill - Jaedong <3
Alver
Profile Joined November 2010
United States177 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-16 12:11:28
June 16 2011 12:07 GMT
#137
On June 16 2011 21:00 Probe1 wrote:
You should try living in America if you want to see annoying patriotism.


this absolutely =\

im very happy to live in a country with a good economy like america and i feel the people who live near me are pleasant, so i feel kinda patriotic.... untill i read what 'patriotic' americans put on the internet...

its cool when people talk about their country in a positive light, the shit storm comes when people talk bad about another country, or SO good about their own it basically means they have contempt for other countries.
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
June 16 2011 12:09 GMT
#138
OP probably didn't see the TSL thread after Thorzain beat MC, for one example. We had people posting the Swedish flag and generally saying annoying stuff like "LOL, KOREA WHO?" It made my head hurt. I understand that people want to see players of their nation beat Koreans, but come on, it's incredibly annoying to just see the mass patriotic gloating whenever it actually happens.
Enzyme
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia183 Posts
June 16 2011 12:12 GMT
#139
I tend to pick my favourite players based on a mixture of skill and personality with nationality meaning little to me. MoonGlade may be a fellow Australian, but I've yet to see play from him that has won me over, like many other players have. I can fully understand that people like nationalism, it's just not for me I suppose.
ShiShKeBab
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden43 Posts
June 16 2011 12:19 GMT
#140
On June 16 2011 21:09 HolyArrow wrote:
OP probably didn't see the TSL thread after Thorzain beat MC, for one example. We had people posting the Swedish flag and generally saying annoying stuff like "LOL, KOREA WHO?" It made my head hurt. I understand that people want to see players of their nation beat Koreans, but come on, it's incredibly annoying to just see the mass patriotic gloating whenever it actually happens.


I appologize on behalf of the vast majority of swedish people who do not wave flags. You must remember that many people who are interested in e-sports are rather young and will not have developed that most excellent of human qualities - tact.
asdasd
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 402
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 38139
Calm 7285
Bisu 2487
Rain 1431
Jaedong 1036
Horang2 605
BeSt 572
Rush 412
Soma 385
Larva 335
[ Show more ]
Stork 323
Light 281
Zeus 193
ZerO 190
Snow 172
Mind 137
Free 107
910 103
Barracks 82
Killer 60
Sea.KH 50
Mong 48
Hyun 45
Shinee 35
Trap 32
ToSsGirL 31
Terrorterran 28
Pusan 23
Hm[arnc] 21
Bale 21
Rock 20
Aegong 20
sorry 20
Sexy 13
Sacsri 10
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8580
XaKoH 435
Counter-Strike
fl0m4108
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes488
Other Games
gofns34418
singsing2313
B2W.Neo774
hiko482
Lowko355
Mlord333
Hui .184
Livibee170
DeMusliM158
mouzStarbuck135
djWHEAT112
RotterdaM91
QueenE66
Trikslyr66
Mew2King65
ToD58
KnowMe40
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile110
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis4221
• Jankos2392
• TFBlade669
Other Games
• Shiphtur283
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 4m
Big Brain Bouts
19h 4m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.