• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:50
CEST 21:50
KST 04:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8668 users

GOMTV hiring additional casters for GSL - Page 10

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 26 Next All
wordd
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia190 Posts
June 09 2011 08:01 GMT
#181
On June 08 2011 20:12 rareh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2011 20:01 Voltaire wrote:
Someone send this link to Totalbiscuit.

The GSL needs him.


If TB does then i will seriously stop watching GSL, he is the worst caster hands down, even worse then moletrap.

Get day9 or chill ?


agree totally.
YA
hmunkey
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom1973 Posts
June 09 2011 08:09 GMT
#182
I might start rewatching code A if Adebisi is picked. If not, once again, code A will become just a poorly casted and gimped version of code S that's not worth staying up for as far as I'm concerned.
Axeltoss
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States283 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-10 05:31:41
June 09 2011 08:13 GMT
#183
GL all
@Axeltoss
FrodaN
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
754 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-09 11:06:56
June 09 2011 08:14 GMT
#184
They should have accepted Cats back when he applied, but now he's moved to SF for IGN so I don't think he's a possibility atm.

I applied too! Never know eh?

-miDnight-
Profile Joined September 2010
Taiwan455 Posts
June 09 2011 08:22 GMT
#185
still want Chinese cast
http://www.facebook.com/midnightsc Chinese caster from TW (go SEn)
Zeiryuu
Profile Joined March 2010
Philippines231 Posts
June 09 2011 08:29 GMT
#186
I think Khaldor would do well casting the GSL.
wolfe
Profile Joined March 2010
United States761 Posts
June 09 2011 08:48 GMT
#187
FEMALE! Haha just need someone fun to watch to add extra omph to Wolf's awesomeness.
Swift as the wind, felt before noticed.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
June 09 2011 08:51 GMT
#188
TotalBiscuit is a fantastic caster - imo, most casters out there could take a lesson from the way he brings excitement to the game no matter WHAT is actually going on. He's the kind of casting that SC2 needs if it's ever going to become accessible to a more casual audience. That said, the GSL is not, to my mind the proper stage for him. The current audience isn't ready for the "boxing meets american football" announcing style day in, day out at the grind that is GSL code A. While he's definitely suited to big tournaments, I'm thinking more along the lines of MLG - something that happens infrequently, but still regularly, is exciting just because it's happening, and is available to a wide english audience - not just the hardcore gamer that's willing to be up at 5 am (if you're EST like me) to watch GSL.

personally, I wish I had the time or the game knowledge to get into casting. I don't, and I don't have a solid source of pro replays beyond what's released from the big tournaments. I think given time and patience - two things that nerds unfortunately lack, anyone can come to be a great casting duo... just look at the first two seasons of GSL, the artosis and tasteless casting was almost as painful to listen to as watching the one-base play from players like rain and bitbybit, or seeing "sad_zenith" lose in the first five minutes of each game. Hell, we even had a drinking game for the finals (multiple times!).

I have a lot of respect for the casters, and I know GOM has an idea of what they're doing. They'll bring up the right matches in time, just wait.
Cryhavoc
Profile Joined April 2010
372 Posts
June 09 2011 09:08 GMT
#189
i want this Suzy back
En Taro Adun!
zeru
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
8156 Posts
June 09 2011 09:14 GMT
#190
--- Nuked ---
Xkalibert
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1404 Posts
June 09 2011 09:24 GMT
#191
I want to see Mr.Bitter in GSL, and his GF would tag along and do some videos reporting from Korea.
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
June 09 2011 09:26 GMT
#192
On June 09 2011 18:24 Xkalibert wrote:
I want to see Mr.Bitter in GSL, and his GF would tag along and do some videos reporting from Korea.


mr. bitter would be great.
maartendq
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium3115 Posts
June 09 2011 09:32 GMT
#193
On June 08 2011 20:18 vojnik wrote:
so what happened with moletrap, they weren't satisfied with him? i thought he was doing quite good?

He never was. He wasn't even close to decent.
Xpace
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2209 Posts
June 09 2011 09:36 GMT
#194
Well, I totally expected a bunch of people throwing in the names of their favorite casters as soon as I clicked the thread title, but I absolutely didn't think I'd see Totalbiscuit's name in the first page. I'm not hating, I just personally think he'd be a terrible disaster casting Code-A. Don't get me wrong, I love his WoW videos (especially during Cataclysm's Beta) and he's fine doing the plays-of-the-week for NASL, but please, for all you Totalbiscuit supporters, please just picture him casting Code-A. I know, I know. Terrible, right? Thank God it's in Korea, and thank God it's fulltime!

And as for Kelly.. I'm treading careful waters here so I'll make this as pleasant as possible. Maybe another time.
zeru
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
8156 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-09 09:47:39
June 09 2011 09:47 GMT
#195
--- Nuked ---
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12058 Posts
June 09 2011 09:51 GMT
#196
I think Total Biscuit actually puts on that accent anyway. He's a goon so it wouldn't suprise me (as in he goes on SA).
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
valaki
Profile Joined June 2009
Hungary2476 Posts
June 09 2011 09:59 GMT
#197
The imba.tv caster guy would be awesome. McDuff is his name I believe.
ggaemo fan
Xpace
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2209 Posts
June 09 2011 10:06 GMT
#198
On June 09 2011 18:47 zeru wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2011 18:36 Xpace wrote:
Well, I totally expected a bunch of people throwing in the names of their favorite casters as soon as I clicked the thread title, but I absolutely didn't think I'd see Totalbiscuit's name in the first page. I'm not hating, I just personally think he'd be a terrible disaster casting Code-A. Don't get me wrong, I love his WoW videos (especially during Cataclysm's Beta) and he's fine doing the plays-of-the-week for NASL, but please, for all you Totalbiscuit supporters, please just picture him casting Code-A. I know, I know. Terrible, right? Thank God it's in Korea, and thank God it's fulltime!

And as for Kelly.. I'm treading careful waters here so I'll make this as pleasant as possible. Maybe another time.

Honestly, i think kelly would be ok if she worked HARD on her accent and language. Thats the main thing bothering me at least.


That, and a few other things. I mean, any native English speaker should be able to understand her through the accent (I know I do), but I see so many people saying they just can't. Maybe if she lived in the UK or Australia for a while.
ktimekiller
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States690 Posts
June 09 2011 11:13 GMT
#199
On June 09 2011 17:14 FrodaN wrote:
They should have accepted Cats back when he applied, but now he's moved to SF for IGN so I don't think he's a possibility atm.

I applied too! Never know eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wh9isRtTrk&feature=player_embedded


Great voice, hope you get picked
sitromit
Profile Joined June 2011
7051 Posts
June 09 2011 11:20 GMT
#200
On June 09 2011 17:51 phyre112 wrote:
TotalBiscuit is a fantastic caster - imo, most casters out there could take a lesson from the way he brings excitement to the game no matter WHAT is actually going on.


That kind of "fake excitement" doesn't appeal to everyone. I find his affected style very annoying, reminds me of crappy morning radio djs. It feels very unnatural and I know I'm not alone in this. I also know some people love this sort of thing, so while it does seem to be largely a matter of taste, it is a polarizing one, and GSL doesn't need a controversial caster who will likely alienate half the audience.
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 542
ProTech143
BRAT_OK 80
Railgan 52
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1636
Shuttle 682
Dewaltoss 125
Trap 27
Bale 18
scan(afreeca) 15
Dota 2
420jenkins490
XaKoH 477
Counter-Strike
fl0m4114
Fnx 668
kRYSTAL_23
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4146
Liquid`Hasu620
Other Games
summit1g4210
Liquid`RaSZi2003
FrodaN1021
B2W.Neo425
ToD216
C9.Mang0166
TKL 95
UpATreeSC83
RotterdaM65
QueenE64
Mew2King32
PPMD15
JuggernautJason14
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV230
WardiTV220
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 35
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2466
League of Legends
• TFBlade873
Other Games
• Shiphtur1331
• imaqtpie845
• WagamamaTV307
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 11m
Patches Events
20h 11m
The PondCast
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.