• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:53
CEST 04:53
KST 11:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7844 users

GOMTV hiring additional casters for GSL - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 26 Next All
Adebisi
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1637 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-09 04:30:44
June 09 2011 04:30 GMT
#161
On June 09 2011 12:49 JiPrime wrote:
I wish we could have a Korean who speaks english fluently.

He/she can hear the live analysis of the Korean casters and translate for us.

Edit: INB4 John. He's busy doing paperworks in the studio.

They were floating the idea of John + Wolf while Tastosis was gone, I think it woulda been hilarious ;/.
blamous
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States377 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-09 05:02:57
June 09 2011 05:00 GMT
#162
Some of you probably know me from casting with my daughter, Stargirl. Probably not realistic that I would be able to go to Korea if I was chosen, but I still would like to know if I'd be good enough.
Here is me without the 4 year old: It's kind of vanilla I think, but would love feedback: should I apply?



*disclaimer* I do these videos from my home office and from replays, so I am likely a ton more subdued than I would be in a live environment.

Edit: I also don't do a ton of pro commentary, and my stuff is geared towards lower level viewers (duh, nuubcast), I think if I were to apply I would make a new video. So I probably should have posted that..
Get YOUR games cast on NuubCast!
Zrana
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United Kingdom698 Posts
June 09 2011 05:06 GMT
#163
Khaldor we need your silky smooth voice!
Atlare
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia893 Posts
June 09 2011 05:07 GMT
#164
Would have applied if I was eligible for a South Korea working visa since I don't turn 18 til the start of next year :/
Considering learning BW
skrzmark
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1528 Posts
June 09 2011 05:07 GMT
#165
On June 09 2011 14:00 blamous wrote:
Some of you probably know me from casting with my daughter, Stargirl. Probably not realistic that I would be able to go to Korea if I was chosen, but I still would like to know if I'd be good enough.
Here is me without the 4 year old: It's kind of vanilla I think, but would love feedback: should I apply?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f3rC3b11gY

*disclaimer* I do these videos from my home office and from replays, so I am likely a ton more subdued than I would be in a live environment.

Edit: I also don't do a ton of pro commentary, and my stuff is geared towards lower level viewers (duh, nuubcast), I think if I were to apply I would make a new video. So I probably should have posted that..


I would always give it a try, your chances could be high. I would only recommend if you could go to Korea for long term though.
We got them GOM TvT's and them mlGG's
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
June 09 2011 05:08 GMT
#166
LILSUSIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JiPrime
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada688 Posts
June 09 2011 05:09 GMT
#167
On June 09 2011 14:00 blamous wrote:
Some of you probably know me from casting with my daughter, Stargirl. Probably not realistic that I would be able to go to Korea if I was chosen, but I still would like to know if I'd be good enough.
Here is me without the 4 year old: It's kind of vanilla I think, but would love feedback: should I apply?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f3rC3b11gY

*disclaimer* I do these videos from my home office and from replays, so I am likely a ton more subdued than I would be in a live environment.

Edit: I also don't do a ton of pro commentary, and my stuff is geared towards lower level viewers (duh, nuubcast), I think if I were to apply I would make a new video. So I probably should have posted that..


I'm sorry if I'm being incredibly rude here, but why are you asking us whether you're good enough as a caster to apply??

It's all about confidence, man.

And your ability to adapt in a different environment.

Korea isn't exactly very foreigner friendly place.
CCa1ss1e
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3231 Posts
June 09 2011 05:11 GMT
#168
totalbiscuit ftw!!
~ The Ultimate Weapon
Teim
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia373 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-09 05:23:39
June 09 2011 05:11 GMT
#169
2GD
Khaldor (even in German mode)
TLO
Apollo
White-Ra

Any, or a combination, of those would be amazing to me.
A duck is a duck!
0neder
Profile Joined July 2009
United States3733 Posts
June 09 2011 05:14 GMT
#170
Lil Susie is banned, she's a stubborn BW elitist.
blamous
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States377 Posts
June 09 2011 05:25 GMT
#171
On June 09 2011 14:09 JiPrime wrote:


I'm sorry if I'm being incredibly rude here, but why are you asking us whether you're good enough as a caster to apply??

It's all about confidence, man.

And your ability to adapt in a different environment.

Korea isn't exactly very foreigner friendly place.[/QUOTE]



LOL - yeah sure, it's all about confidence, has nothing to do with the community's reaction... tell that to Kelly Milkies! ha.
Get YOUR games cast on NuubCast!
Lemonayd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States745 Posts
June 09 2011 06:34 GMT
#172
I have little casting experience, but I've goofed around with it a little. I may just send in a video to see what happens. I don't have that much going on in the states anyway
Khaldor
Profile Joined March 2008
Germany861 Posts
June 09 2011 07:03 GMT
#173
Thanks to all of you guys that would like me to apply for it I was actually talking to somebody from GOM about it and I'd certainly love to have the experience of staying in Korea for a couple of months and casting.

One of the main issues is of course the money and time. I'd probably have to move out of my appartment in Germany and deal with some other things (work) before it'd be even possible to go. Thinking about it though, as long as one can somehow get the costs at least covered I think it's a great opportunity!

Cheers, Khaldor
Tutorials, Quick Tips and Guides: www.YouTube.com/KhaldorTV
tangwhat
Profile Joined May 2010
New Zealand446 Posts
June 09 2011 07:12 GMT
#174
On June 09 2011 14:14 0neder wrote:
Lil Susie is banned, she's a stubborn BW elitist.


There's nothing wrong with that imo.
tosog
Profile Joined March 2011
64 Posts
June 09 2011 07:14 GMT
#175
Catspajamas has a sexy fucking voice.
I vote for him. I don't think he's the greatest at the game so he'd probably need an analytical caster beside him.
DminusTerran
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1337 Posts
June 09 2011 07:15 GMT
#176
Mr.Bitter / Wolf in my mind has amazing potential if that was a possible combo.
eiger
Profile Joined April 2010
Belgium98 Posts
June 09 2011 07:22 GMT
#177

Just remember guys.. this isn't youtube.. you will get savaged if the masses are displeased

Tastosis have set the bar very high

Its many things, but most important the ability to be honest, confident in yourself, calm and a genuine chemistry with the co-caster

The casters I've seen consistently display this are.. surprisingly
TLO
Rotterdam
CatsPajamas (haha I know)
Raelcun
Mr Bitter

(Of course Day9 + Wheat, even Day9 + JP (good chemistry), but I very much doubt they can go to Korea)

The guys listed may not be the most "awesome, zany" casters.. but crucially they've never become annoying, and I watch about 4 hours a day of casts/streams/etc.

Maybe I've gone to some upper weird hipster level of caster critique but GSL is definitely the toughest cruelest casting gig
Daniel C
Profile Joined October 2010
Hong Kong1606 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-09 07:32:47
June 09 2011 07:32 GMT
#178
Go go adebisi!


Edit: we def need a skilled terran player on the casting team >.<
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
green2000
Profile Joined October 2009
Peru79 Posts
June 09 2011 07:51 GMT
#179
THey need nukethestars!!!!

Fenix all the way!
Kerm
Profile Joined April 2010
France467 Posts
June 09 2011 07:59 GMT
#180
Send Kelly back !!!

What i know is that I know nothing - [http://twitter.com/UncleKerm]
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 130
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1953
GuemChi 1486
Artosis 660
910 80
ajuk12(nOOB) 21
Bale 20
Terrorterran 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm190
febbydoto19
Counter-Strike
taco 585
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox530
Other Games
summit1g8096
Doublelift1925
JimRising 590
C9.Mang0362
Day[9].tv323
PiGStarcraft248
Maynarde114
WinterStarcraft46
CosmosSc2 18
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1015
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv323
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 8m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
8h 8m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
21h 8m
Patches Events
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.