• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:38
CEST 23:38
KST 06:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8269 users

TeamLiquid Heart of the Swarm Preview - Page 36

Forum Index > SC2 General
1222 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 62 Next
DrakanSilva
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Chile932 Posts
May 31 2011 16:36 GMT
#701
Awesome stuff!!!!

I would really like to translate it and post it on my site with all the credits and source to teamliquid of course, if that's possible!

Great reading
In the beginning there was nothing... and then exploded
Zarahtra
Profile Joined May 2010
Iceland4053 Posts
May 31 2011 16:37 GMT
#702
All in all, pretty interesting.
The unit changes I'm not sure of... They seem both rather... dull and ... well I very much doubt they will make it into the online game(like fx marauder aoe slow ). It's impossible to know how the game will change with HotS, but if blings are getting 25% increased aoe radius(aka 56% larger aoe), I guess all races will be required to use more 'power units' in vZ(thinking mostly TvZ).
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
May 31 2011 16:37 GMT
#703
On June 01 2011 01:31 Paladia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2011 01:26 zarepath wrote:
I have a hard time imagining them removing any Terran units -- Terran is such a well-designed race, and the only unit that's fail is the reaper, which still has a lot of design potential.

I can understand overseer removal. I could even understand Carrier removal, to be honest. And I think they're going to remove the Mothership.

Could remove or replace the reaper, hellion (with vulture), Raven, or Banshee.

I really don't think Carriers should be removed, I think they should be fixed so they are actually useful (as useful as they were in BW).


Im pretty sure they won't remove anything from terran, but i'm 100% sure they will redisgn some of the units. Then again in the interview they said they were not afraid to remove some units.
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
goiflin
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1218 Posts
May 31 2011 16:38 GMT
#704
On June 01 2011 01:30 Roblin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2011 00:47 panda_inc wrote:
im pretty excited bout new units in the multiplayer. not too excited bout the campaign cause its zerg. can't wait for the protoss one. i wish they make protoss first o well.

umm, speaking out of story, do you realize what that would mean?

lets first get this straight: it will inevitably go well for the race that you are playing, ever noticed how in the terran campaign the objective was always in essence

1. kill the enemy, preferably crushingly.
2. survive for X minutes.
3. complete some objective not really related to killing or getting killed.

SPOILER ALERT FOR THE VERY FEW THAT HAVE NOT PLAYED WOL CAMPAIGN YET!
+ Show Spoiler +
(excluding the protoss last stand)
there never was an objective like

4. lose the battle, preferably horribly.


and so, the game will always be designed in such a way that the race you play, will do well, else it would unmotivate the player.

some examples:

Warcraft III Reign of chaos's last race to be played in the campaign was undead, in the end the undead won the war, coincidence? I think not.

Warcraft III the Frozen Throne, last race played: I think it was nightelves, in the end, good guys won.

starcraft I, last race played: zerg. winner of war: zerg

starcraft I brood war, last race played: umm, terran or protoss, good guys win is all I remember.

so in other words, if protoss is the last race to be played in starcraft, doesn't that mean protoss kind of HAVE to win the war? or conversely, if zerg was the last race, wont it be inevitable that zerg infests all the habited planets? kindof?

do you really want the protoss campaign to come out before the zerg one?


The zerg was the last race played in BW, and protoss was the last race played in the first campaign. Just a correction :O

Not inevitable that zerg was to infest everything, by the way. They don't have to have total domination. The toss killed the overmind in the first campaign, and the zerg was still alive and kickin in BW.
FreedonNadd
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria573 Posts
May 31 2011 16:38 GMT
#705
Thanks for the great summary! Cant wait for the expansion.
Some people wear Superman pajamas, but Superman has Day[9] pajamas.
Kisra
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom466 Posts
May 31 2011 16:40 GMT
#706
Warcraft III Reign of chaos's last race to be played in the campaign was undead, in the end the undead won the war, coincidence? I think not.

Warcraft III the Frozen Throne, last race played: I think it was nightelves, in the end, good guys won.

starcraft I, last race played: zerg. winner of war: zerg

starcraft I brood war, last race played: umm, terran or protoss, good guys win is all I remember.


Reign of Chaos campaigns: Human > Undead > Orc > Night Elf

Frozen Throne: Night Elf > Human(Blood Elf) > Undead (undead "won" - Arthas becomes Lich King, human kingdoms overrun by undead/newly emerged forsaken - although orcs gain new homeland, night elves re-enter world. Really sets it up for WoW.)

Starcraft: Terran > Zerg > Protoss

Brood War: Protoss > Terran > Zerg (zerg "won" - Kerrigan self-titled 'Queen Bitch of the Universe', UED expidition shattered, Dominion fleet shattered, Protoss hiding on Shakuras)

Blizzards old RTS games tended to have muddy outcomes. SC2 does seem to be going more traditional "the good guys will win!" though.
:D
Paladia
Profile Joined August 2003
802 Posts
May 31 2011 16:41 GMT
#707
On June 01 2011 01:36 pieman819 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2011 01:31 Paladia wrote:
On June 01 2011 01:26 zarepath wrote:
I have a hard time imagining them removing any Terran units -- Terran is such a well-designed race, and the only unit that's fail is the reaper, which still has a lot of design potential.

I can understand overseer removal. I could even understand Carrier removal, to be honest. And I think they're going to remove the Mothership.

Could remove or replace the reaper, hellion (with vulture), Raven, or Banshee.

I really don't think Carriers should be removed, I think they should be fixed so they are actually useful (as useful as they were in BW).

Carriers are pretty beastly, its just that vikings and corruptors own them. Both of these anti air units are too good at anti air imo but they need to be that good to be able to deal with collosus, so Carriers not being used is all the collosus' fault

Well, there are other things as well which has changed since BW. Such as the AI not messing up as much attacking the interceptors and that the interceptors doesn't get auto healed when returning to the carrier. Also, you cannot launch interceptors and then run away in the same fashion.

If you just want to change the part with vikings and corruptors you can just make it so the interceptor has an anti-air weapon that is a bit stronger than it has now (and keep their anti-ground weapon the same).
I can no longer rest under the tree of wisdom, since you have axed down the roots feeding it.
Paladia
Profile Joined August 2003
802 Posts
May 31 2011 16:43 GMT
#708
On June 01 2011 01:37 GinDo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2011 01:31 Paladia wrote:
On June 01 2011 01:26 zarepath wrote:
I have a hard time imagining them removing any Terran units -- Terran is such a well-designed race, and the only unit that's fail is the reaper, which still has a lot of design potential.

I can understand overseer removal. I could even understand Carrier removal, to be honest. And I think they're going to remove the Mothership.

Could remove or replace the reaper, hellion (with vulture), Raven, or Banshee.

I really don't think Carriers should be removed, I think they should be fixed so they are actually useful (as useful as they were in BW).


Im pretty sure they won't remove anything from terran, but i'm 100% sure they will redisgn some of the units. Then again in the interview they said they were not afraid to remove some units.

Could very well remove the sensor tower as it is hardly used as it is.
I can no longer rest under the tree of wisdom, since you have axed down the roots feeding it.
Draconicfire
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2562 Posts
May 31 2011 16:47 GMT
#709
On June 01 2011 01:37 Zarahtra wrote:
All in all, pretty interesting.
The unit changes I'm not sure of... They seem both rather... dull and ... well I very much doubt they will make it into the online game(like fx marauder aoe slow ). It's impossible to know how the game will change with HotS, but if blings are getting 25% increased aoe radius(aka 56% larger aoe), I guess all races will be required to use more 'power units' in vZ(thinking mostly TvZ).


Those are most likely just campaign changes.
@Drayxs | Drayxs.221 | Drayxs#1802
Mobius_1
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2763 Posts
May 31 2011 16:48 GMT
#710
The sight of that many banelings rolling in (without the other players GG'ing) has me salivating already. Blizzard has really caught on to the community's love affair with the baneling (thanks in no small part to Husky and Tastosis).

I like the mechanics described, sounds really, really fun. If I have one criticism of the WoL campaign, it's that the better half of it was used to introduce new units and missions were similarly constrained to make those optimal, which was ok on the first playthrough but drastically took away replayability, IMHO.

That said, I hope they are able to keep making varied missions, or I'll just max out on banes and roll in FTW every time.
Starleague Forever. RIP KT Violet~
Nuttyguy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom1526 Posts
May 31 2011 16:48 GMT
#711
is there any information about the day instead of the data collected from blizzard which was under NDA. like any funny stories at blizzard HQ
Spacedude
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark161 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-31 16:51:56
May 31 2011 16:49 GMT
#712
Something we should consider is that the developers of SCII might not share the same passion for this game as its core community does. This might just be a normal 8-17 job for them that is their source of income. Their real passions might be their families, kids - or reading comic books for all we know.

Most business are about making the most money possible for as long as possible. If so, then it's only logical that Blizzard wants this game to appel to as a large a crowd as possible. The bad thing about this is that the end result is probably going to have a somewhat lackluster feel to it. I kinda feel this way about SCII, sadly.

Note: I obvisouly don't know any of the developers personally. This is just a thought, obviously.
Protoss win, Protoss OP. Terran win, Terran OP. Zerg win, Zerg OP. Less whine, more gg.
voltaic
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
1071 Posts
May 31 2011 16:52 GMT
#713
I would like to see the Leviathan =) hopefully it doesn't look like the shit in wings of liberty, the one on the platform, more like the one from the concept art...
EndOfTime88
Profile Joined February 2011
Austria259 Posts
May 31 2011 16:53 GMT
#714
On June 01 2011 01:34 GinDo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2011 01:25 EndOfTime88 wrote:
On May 31 2011 23:17 Protein wrote:




zomg, at 40 minutes... The story is fucked. They're going to turn the erg into cute little creatures! NOOOOOOOOOOOO. Someone STOP this madness!


I agree.

I'm a little disappointed at what they want to do with the Zerg story as far as how they're perceived.I don't feel I need to empathize with them, I like to think of them as a murderous swarm, and not some misunderstood race of fearful creatures.

It's a shame they make it seem like this needs to be done.


You guys are jumping into conclusions. If you are familiar with Literature often authors can twist the antagonist into a fashion that evokes understanding, but such understanding is not like you perceive as innocence.

I believe they are turning more towards an "Eichmann in Jerusalem". In this story you see the ex-SS officers story and although you understand his position and may sympathize, you still understand that he was responsible for the deaths of thousands and that their is no pardon for such sins against humanity.


I wish I could be more optimistic but the way Browder described how he wanted the Zerg to be perceived was a let down... The whole they have to evolve and take over the universe because everyone else picks on them just trivializes their whole mystic/viciousness for me. The way he described how other series left their creature antagonists obscure so the reader and/or viewer developed their own opinions, is more ideal for the Zerg imo.

I don't need to feel sorry or empathize with the Zerg to like them.
"Time is what we want most,but what we use worst."-William Penn
tsuxiit
Profile Joined July 2010
1305 Posts
May 31 2011 16:54 GMT
#715
Well, we atleast know that Blizzard is getting rid of the Overseer in multiplayer and replacing it with something else.
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
May 31 2011 16:54 GMT
#716
The thing that really interests me is the removal of less useful units... That's a pretty hard judgement call for many of them. I mean look at the archon! It JUST started seeing play in PvP and is seeing way more play in PvZ now too (and significant more play in PvT but there's also a lot of mech now in PvT so it sees a bit less currently). If HoTS had come out a month ago say, maybe Archons wouldn't be in it.

As far as genuinely useless units currently go I can only think of very very few:
Overseer
Reaper
...Carrier or mothership I guess?

But taking out the overseer is kind of silly unless they actually replace it itself, as in, adding a different unit that the overseer evolves into rather than adding a lurker.

Just my thoughts
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
thebole1
Profile Joined April 2011
Serbia126 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-31 16:59:04
May 31 2011 16:55 GMT
#717
first i am wery heppy abouth some things they are telling as

good things are :

great look of sc2 hots si fi universe !!!

GREAT look of kerigen si fi look awsome !!!

GREAT EPIC they will add new unites and eaven more EPIC they will remuve some OLD from WOL

I HOPE that will be unites that are no skill required and usles unites....(and that unites are : colloss, banglings, senturis (force fealds), stimed maraders,repers,ravens,mothership...) (they can add hellion spider mines to mecha be more uslful)
i mentionde that unites can be revorked or remuved simply thay remuve micro and some of them dont have use at all...

bad things are :

i dont like wc3 stile for single player... hero tipe of gameplay...simply karigen to run next to monsters zerg in human form is stupide... or at list to drive some viecle ....

that is all i wish all the best for hots also if enybody know when beta will come ? for multiplayer ?

yust to add one more thing i forghot : problem with sc2 is unite cap (POP) its seems smaler than sc1 bw becous u can see that hidralysc are 2 pop colloss 6 and plenty of unites that are biger at pop casing that sc2 is smaler army with faster producing than sc1 bw...
Ares[Effort] *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
DEMACIA6550 Posts
May 31 2011 16:55 GMT
#718
Awesome write up!
Moderatorgold coin
FuRRyChoBo
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States218 Posts
May 31 2011 16:59 GMT
#719
that medusa-looking thing is terrifying :o
Mawi
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden4365 Posts
May 31 2011 17:04 GMT
#720
HOTS will be fricking awesome! ty for this article

ps. is it just me or does everyone go SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY! caps needed ofc
Forever Mirin Zyzz Son of Zeus Brother of Hercules Father of the Aesthetics
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 62 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O143
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 167
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14943
Dewaltoss 172
ZZZero.O 143
firebathero 111
Hyuk 88
Terrorterran 25
Dota 2
febbydoto53
NeuroSwarm7
League of Legends
Doublelift3746
Counter-Strike
Fnx 788
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5839
Other Games
summit1g6484
FrodaN2493
fl0m790
mouzStarbuck360
ToD259
KnowMe255
ArmadaUGS151
Railgan50
Mew2King47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1124
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream100
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 44
• musti20045 36
• Adnapsc2 15
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen109
Other Games
• imaqtpie816
• Shiphtur213
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 22m
INu's Battles
14h 22m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
17h 22m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 22m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 22m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 18h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.