• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:48
CEST 23:48
KST 06:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8433 users

TeamLiquid Heart of the Swarm Preview - Page 35

Forum Index > SC2 General
1222 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 62 Next
Senj
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States193 Posts
May 31 2011 16:24 GMT
#681
Amazing write-up. Thanks for the information! So far the campaign sounds more intriguing than WoL's. I can't wait for BlizzCon for some juicy multiplayer information.
EndOfTime88
Profile Joined February 2011
Austria259 Posts
May 31 2011 16:25 GMT
#682
On May 31 2011 23:17 Protein wrote:




zomg, at 40 minutes... The story is fucked. They're going to turn the erg into cute little creatures! NOOOOOOOOOOOO. Someone STOP this madness!


I agree.

I'm a little disappointed at what they want to do with the Zerg story as far as how they're perceived.I don't feel I need to empathize with them, I like to think of them as a murderous swarm, and not some misunderstood race of fearful creatures.

It's a shame they make it seem like this needs to be done.
"Time is what we want most,but what we use worst."-William Penn
ngooo
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany102 Posts
May 31 2011 16:26 GMT
#683
Oh man now I am so hyped for this... Thanks TL for the nice preview
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
May 31 2011 16:26 GMT
#684
I have a hard time imagining them removing any Terran units -- Terran is such a well-designed race, and the only unit that's fail is the reaper, which still has a lot of design potential.

I can understand overseer removal. I could even understand Carrier removal, to be honest. And I think they're going to remove the Mothership.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
Zufiras
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway158 Posts
May 31 2011 16:27 GMT
#685
omg the concept art is blowing my mind.
Yaotzin
Profile Joined August 2010
South Africa4280 Posts
May 31 2011 16:28 GMT
#686
Raven is a pretty fail unit. Either a redesign or straight up removal is in order for it.

Carriers are awesome, why would they remove them. They just suck against bio, which is fine. They need to make mech better and carrier will be used!
Hoon
Profile Joined December 2010
Brazil891 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-31 16:29:11
May 31 2011 16:28 GMT
#687
AWESOME Can't wait till it comes out. As a Zerg player, I'm really looking forward to the campaign. Leaping Zerglings looks amazing. *-*

And huge Thanks to Team Liquid and everyone involved in this interview. :D
SEn Fanclub: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=170834
Giwoon
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)431 Posts
May 31 2011 16:29 GMT
#688
all i can say is... wow
BUTTHURT?
Islandsnake
Profile Joined April 2009
United States679 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-31 16:31:28
May 31 2011 16:30 GMT
#689
Great read! I see alot of people getting angry about them saying there going to focus alot of there efforts on single player...but I don't think thats a big deal.

With WOL the multiplayer had to be built from the ground up...to make sure the races interacted decently with eachother and there was a ton of changes but before we got the beta there was even more changes...with HOTS they already have a good solid base to build from and the amount of work they need to put in is very small compared to WOL...there still going to put alot of time and thought into adding the new units and tweaking the ones we already have..and they'll be a ton of new maps which is what we already wanted in the first place. I feel like people are just angry at the choice of words... Single player takes alot of work and they want to make sure people know its just not a mulitplayer patch -- they already know that we will buy it and play it and be pumped for the changes on our side(plus we get a beta), but there going to focus alot of there media attention- at least at first on the single player fans.

They've wanted to do the marketplace for a long time...im looking forward to see what the community comes up with for it.. But I do hope they redo the custom game system...I hate the way we have to find games now...I wish I could just click a button to see all the current games being hosted instead of having to just randomly find people playing things.

Great article as always, alot more info that I thought..pretty pumped!
Bang!
goiflin
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1218 Posts
May 31 2011 16:30 GMT
#690
On June 01 2011 01:24 Paladia wrote:
Overseers with their active abilities are a whole lot cooler than observers at least. As for having units being too similar to one and other, yes they are.

The tier 1.5 units are all basically the same for the three races (marauder, roach and stalker) with an upgradable gimmick added to each one. If they wanted unique units they'd have kept the lurker, which is a completely unique unit that adds a static twist to the zerg arsenal and gameplay.


Those three units are completely different. The only things I'd reckon that are similar are the fact that they are classified as armored, are bulbous in nature, and shoot projectiles. All of them have different stats and properties. And I wouldn't classify conc shells and blink as gimmicks. They're pretty damn good, and useful in many situations.

Lurkers would be useless without defilers in anything but ZvZ. Collos and tanks would melt them. The baneling makes hold pos lurkers redundant too.
Roblin
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden948 Posts
May 31 2011 16:30 GMT
#691
On June 01 2011 00:47 panda_inc wrote:
im pretty excited bout new units in the multiplayer. not too excited bout the campaign cause its zerg. can't wait for the protoss one. i wish they make protoss first o well.

umm, speaking out of story, do you realize what that would mean?

lets first get this straight: it will inevitably go well for the race that you are playing, ever noticed how in the terran campaign the objective was always in essence

1. kill the enemy, preferably crushingly.
2. survive for X minutes.
3. complete some objective not really related to killing or getting killed.

SPOILER ALERT FOR THE VERY FEW THAT HAVE NOT PLAYED WOL CAMPAIGN YET!
+ Show Spoiler +
(excluding the protoss last stand)
there never was an objective like

4. lose the battle, preferably horribly.


and so, the game will always be designed in such a way that the race you play, will do well, else it would unmotivate the player.

some examples:

Warcraft III Reign of chaos's last race to be played in the campaign was undead, in the end the undead won the war, coincidence? I think not.

Warcraft III the Frozen Throne, last race played: I think it was nightelves, in the end, good guys won.

starcraft I, last race played: zerg. winner of war: zerg

starcraft I brood war, last race played: umm, terran or protoss, good guys win is all I remember.

so in other words, if protoss is the last race to be played in starcraft, doesn't that mean protoss kind of HAVE to win the war? or conversely, if zerg was the last race, wont it be inevitable that zerg infests all the habited planets? kindof?

do you really want the protoss campaign to come out before the zerg one?
I'm better today than I was yesterday!
tGFuRy
Profile Joined September 2010
United States537 Posts
May 31 2011 16:30 GMT
#692
Oh man I can't wait!!!! Going to be sick!
Always a Gamer
Paladia
Profile Joined August 2003
802 Posts
May 31 2011 16:31 GMT
#693
On June 01 2011 01:26 zarepath wrote:
I have a hard time imagining them removing any Terran units -- Terran is such a well-designed race, and the only unit that's fail is the reaper, which still has a lot of design potential.

I can understand overseer removal. I could even understand Carrier removal, to be honest. And I think they're going to remove the Mothership.

Could remove or replace the reaper, hellion (with vulture), Raven, or Banshee.

I really don't think Carriers should be removed, I think they should be fixed so they are actually useful (as useful as they were in BW).
I can no longer rest under the tree of wisdom, since you have axed down the roots feeding it.
PhiliBiRD
Profile Joined November 2009
United States2643 Posts
May 31 2011 16:33 GMT
#694
Good write up, thx.
shockaslim
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1105 Posts
May 31 2011 16:34 GMT
#695
On June 01 2011 01:19 malaan wrote:
remove overseers - make detection ability for overlords at lair tech right next to drop and speed, similar price - ?????? - profit.

Remove Sentries entirely, pointless unit which causes heaps of problems in pvZ especially.

Remove banshees.. come on, another pointless unit.

Remove the need to upgrade reaper speed from factories. Reapers are a great unit that get rarely any use at all because of constant nerfs.





These are the worst ideas I have ever looked at in my life.
Dirty Deeds...DONE DIRT CHEAP!!!
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
May 31 2011 16:34 GMT
#696
On June 01 2011 01:25 EndOfTime88 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2011 23:17 Protein wrote:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdVLgDXZLC8&feature=channel_video_title

zomg, at 40 minutes... The story is fucked. They're going to turn the erg into cute little creatures! NOOOOOOOOOOOO. Someone STOP this madness!


I agree.

I'm a little disappointed at what they want to do with the Zerg story as far as how they're perceived.I don't feel I need to empathize with them, I like to think of them as a murderous swarm, and not some misunderstood race of fearful creatures.

It's a shame they make it seem like this needs to be done.


You guys are jumping into conclusions. If you are familiar with Literature often authors can twist the antagonist into a fashion that evokes understanding, but such understanding is not like you perceive as innocence.

I believe they are turning more towards an "Eichmann in Jerusalem". In this story you see the ex-SS officers story and although you understand his position and may sympathize, you still understand that he was responsible for the deaths of thousands and that their is no pardon for such sins against humanity.
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
leviathan400
Profile Joined November 2006
United Kingdom393 Posts
May 31 2011 16:34 GMT
#697
The hive cluster is under attack!

Thanks for great write up. Looking forward to it
:o
Paladia
Profile Joined August 2003
802 Posts
May 31 2011 16:35 GMT
#698
On June 01 2011 01:30 goiflin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2011 01:24 Paladia wrote:
Overseers with their active abilities are a whole lot cooler than observers at least. As for having units being too similar to one and other, yes they are.

The tier 1.5 units are all basically the same for the three races (marauder, roach and stalker) with an upgradable gimmick added to each one. If they wanted unique units they'd have kept the lurker, which is a completely unique unit that adds a static twist to the zerg arsenal and gameplay.


Those three units are completely different. The only things I'd reckon that are similar are the fact that they are classified as armored, are bulbous in nature, and shoot projectiles. All of them have different stats and properties. And I wouldn't classify conc shells and blink as gimmicks. They're pretty damn good, and useful in many situations.

Lurkers would be useless without defilers in anything but ZvZ. Collos and tanks would melt them. The baneling makes hold pos lurkers redundant too.

You think they are "completely different"? The only difference between them is a slight change in stats and a gimmick upgrade.

Compared to three units that are in fact completely different, such as.
Carrier,
Ghost,
Baneling

Those you can pretty much call "completely different". Marauder, stalker and roach, hardly.
I can no longer rest under the tree of wisdom, since you have axed down the roots feeding it.
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
May 31 2011 16:36 GMT
#699
very cool with the choice of 2 different options for each unit, will make the later missions interesting as you will have entirely different strats being possible depending on what you have, even more-so then in WoL I think.

hmm, I wonder if a ling+bling only run would be viable... (kerrigan as the only anti-air)
pieman819
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia457 Posts
May 31 2011 16:36 GMT
#700
On June 01 2011 01:31 Paladia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2011 01:26 zarepath wrote:
I have a hard time imagining them removing any Terran units -- Terran is such a well-designed race, and the only unit that's fail is the reaper, which still has a lot of design potential.

I can understand overseer removal. I could even understand Carrier removal, to be honest. And I think they're going to remove the Mothership.

Could remove or replace the reaper, hellion (with vulture), Raven, or Banshee.

I really don't think Carriers should be removed, I think they should be fixed so they are actually useful (as useful as they were in BW).

Carriers are pretty beastly, its just that vikings and corruptors own them. Both of these anti air units are too good at anti air imo but they need to be that good to be able to deal with collosus, so Carriers not being used is all the collosus' fault
Hi
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 62 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O126
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason133
BRAT_OK 58
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1086
ZZZero.O 126
Bale 18
ajuk12(nOOB) 4
League of Legends
Doublelift4793
JimRising 583
Counter-Strike
Fnx 925
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6128
Other Games
summit1g8643
FrodaN3119
B2W.Neo641
KnowMe261
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1398
BasetradeTV273
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• blackmanpl 13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1191
• Shiphtur197
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 12m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
13h 12m
Monday Night Weeklies
18h 12m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 13h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.