• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:14
CEST 06:14
KST 13:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10475 users

Patch 1.3.3 PTR - Page 84

Forum Index > SC2 General
4401 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 82 83 84 85 86 221 Next
Massive units are not affected by concussive shells. If you think they are, you are wrong.
It's SPORE crawlers that are being changed, not SPINE. Please read carefully.
polysciguy
Profile Joined August 2010
United States488 Posts
April 26 2011 15:58 GMT
#1661
how is that pylon change going to change wall ins, the 1 range difference doesn't seem like all that much to me
glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever---napoleon
MuteZephyr
Profile Joined August 2010
Lithuania448 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-26 16:02:39
April 26 2011 16:00 GMT
#1662
Not too happy about this patch TBH.

Protoss already by far is the cheesiest race, why would you give them an even stronger way to cheese? I expect to see incessant proxy 2gate play. The warpgate changes will really only affect a portion of 4gate timings, the biggest help to PvP in my opinion was the pylon change which is quite smart. I don't see 4gate really getting used that much less in any other match up. Guess we'll see how it'll pan out.

Unfortunately absolutely nothing was done about the late game death ball that toss can get just by turtling on 2/3 base and a-moving. They need to nip this ridiculous playstyle in the bud now. I don't want to see games where both players sit in their base until 20 minutes and then a-move across the map to great success.

Also the bunker nerf came out of nowhere. Everybody on the face of the planet know how to deal with bunker rush by now, no need to nerf terran's defensive structure. I don't see the ghost adjustment changing much. I guess I'll just wait and see.

EDIT: Archon change is good IMO, so that conc shells don't affect them and they have utility in FF breaking. Spore crawler change is for the better as well.
I don't Micro, I FEMTO. That's 9 orders of magnitude more extreme.
Sm3agol
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2055 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-26 16:02:01
April 26 2011 16:00 GMT
#1663
On April 27 2011 00:38 kathode wrote:
Is that bunker change that significant? I don't view it as changing my playstyle at all unless I go mass bunker.. Lol.

25 minerals is really insignificant. IMO

Not really. I've seen plenty of high level games where Ts leapfrog 2 bunkers forward at a time, and salvage about 4 times per set. now doing that stupid crap will get you 200 minerals behind. I mean, seriously, imagine if cannons were refundable? Think leapfrogging 4 cannons into your opponents base while you safely tech up, because your initial expendature of 4 cannons outside your opponents base is now surrounding his mineral line thanks to 6 salvages.
Griffith`
Profile Joined September 2010
714 Posts
April 26 2011 16:01 GMT
#1664
On April 27 2011 01:00 MuteZephyr wrote:
Not happy about this patch at all TBH.

Protoss already by far is the cheesiest race, why would you give them an even stronger way to cheese? I expect to see incessant proxy 2gate play. The warpgate changes will really only affect a portion of 4gate timings, the biggest help to PvP in my opinion was the pylon change which is quite smart. I don't see 4gate really getting used that much less in any other match up. Guess we'll see how it'll pan out.

Unfortunately absolutely nothing was done about the late game death ball that toss can get just by turtling on 2/3 base and a-moving. They need to nip this ridiculous playstyle in the bud now. I don't want to see games where both players sit in their base until 20 minutes and then a-move across the map to great success.

Also the bunker nerf came out of nowhere. Everybody on the face of the planet know how to deal with bunker rush by now, no need to nerf terran's defensive structure. I don't see the ghost adjustment changing much. I guess I'll just wait and see.


Late game ZvP probably feels like late-game TvZ. Try playing aggressive, doing drops, harassing, multipronged attacks. Protoss, even in BW, has always had an insanely strong late game.
griffith.583 (NA)
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
April 26 2011 16:01 GMT
#1665
Very nice change. Two gate pressure on Zerg might come back, but that is fairly easy to defend compared to a well executed 4gate. Archon change is great, I love that unit.
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
oTLThetA
Profile Joined March 2011
United States8 Posts
April 26 2011 16:02 GMT
#1666
On April 26 2011 11:25 jhsu98 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 11:21 neobowman wrote:
Spore Crawler change: Holy shit, I love this! Such a brilliant change.

Pylon power radius seems pretty random though.

More bunker changes! Though I admit that I actually like this one.

I have a feeling that 2 gate early game will actually be used now.


I'm pretty sure the pylon change is to get rid of putting pylons on the lowground and warping up on the highground. At least this way the pylon needs to be closer and is an easier sniped target.


The pylon change is yes, to make warping in on high ground harder but this is also a serious cannon rush nerf. At least this would seem the case to me. I don't mind it one bit. Can't help but wonder how this will change/effect the other match ups. Archons will wreck terran bio late game. I trust Blizz tho.
HolyHenk
Profile Joined January 2011
35 Posts
April 26 2011 16:03 GMT
#1667
On April 27 2011 00:22 RajaF wrote:

So you got... lol... 9 wins in diamond with terran, using an all in, and you you're saying it needs a nerf. Yes, I think the balance team needs to hire you.

Or how about you call back when you get to GM with that "strategy" and then maybe we'll pay attention to you.


I don't have the time and will to keep using this exploit. Other people have already easily achieved top 1000 master league using this exploit. And otherwise you can just keep on using it vs protoss as the only way to stop it is to completely wall off or use cannons. It is also unscoutable as you wall off with 1 rax and depot. And balance is not all about the GM league. I don't see how 4 gate can be effective vs zerg and terran GM players. Blizzard also balances the game for the lower leagues. Thats the main reason for the 4 gate nerf as with a good executed 4 gate you will easily own anyone below platinum. While with this silly marine all in you also own diamond and master players without the need to micro.
FliedLice
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany7494 Posts
April 26 2011 16:03 GMT
#1668
On April 27 2011 00:45 BluePanther wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 00:43 Gumbos wrote:
Maybe Archon's will become more useful in the PvT arena now that marauders cant dance around them.


EMP



It takes 3 EMPs to kill an Archon, I'd be happy if they wasted all of them on my archons, lol
Kevmeister @ Dota2
DarQraven
Profile Joined January 2010
Netherlands553 Posts
April 26 2011 16:03 GMT
#1669
On April 27 2011 00:58 polysciguy wrote:
how is that pylon change going to change wall ins, the 1 range difference doesn't seem like all that much to me


I'm not sure since I've yet to reinstall SC2, but two cases I can imagine off the top of my head:

1) The gate/core or gate/forge Zealot wall-off that doesn't expose your pylon at the top of your ramp. You build the pylon a little away from the ramp, such that the edge of the power field just touches the top of it. If the pylon comes too close, it might be possible to get units stuck between your gateway and that pylon on some maps. Another version of this is the gate/forge/pylon in the middle wall-off that you can use to block 6pools. Again, I haven't tested, but the new pylon range might not leave enough space to fit that extra pylon/cannon in there.

2) If you're doing forge/cannon-based fast expands, a smaller pylon range means you'll need a second pylon near the wall-off quicker to be able to complete it. Whereas the regular pylon power field would allow for the forge and a gateway to be built side-by-side, the new one might just be too narrow for that.
MagnusHyperion
Profile Joined August 2010
United States288 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-26 16:07:38
April 26 2011 16:06 GMT
#1670
Thank god for the archon fix! It will actually make them viable as a way to use "spent" high templar!

I think the ghost change is kind of silly? 150/150 seemed more appropriate since their abilities represent HIGH tech! EMP, cloak, and nuke all seem high gas related! Plus, I always see Terrans who go bio floating high gas so ghosts could act as a semi gas sink. Also, I think that adding a real consequence to bunker placement will encourage more... prudent planning on the part of Terran. Personally, 75% still seems high but I come from a land where if you spent the money on a bunker you kept the bunker!

Changes to zerg spore crawler burrow time seem very appropriate! It will allow zerg to delay gas collection and lair tech when dealing with banshees and void rays which should allow a greater emphasis on econ.

Protoss gateway changes? I am not sure how I feel about this. Proxy 2 gate was super cheesy and really strong! I actually think that the current state of PvP is okay! 4 gate is a highly technical process that, while limiting, does tend to reward the player who can deal with stressful situations better. If they wanted to actually make things better, then they should change the vision problem whereby you can warp in beyond UP the ramp past a force field! This change would be more than enough to reward defensive play and allow teching! The pylon radius change will help things be a little more skill intensive though, since before it was hard for the defender to attack down onto the pylons with enough speed to actually kill them before warping in.

Overall, my opinion is that the changes represent an overall trend toward advancing the game in a positive direction. While I disagree strongly with one or two small elements of the patch notes, many of the changes are positive! My hope is that Blizzard will rethink the zealot build time change as it relates to 4 gate builds and approach the high-ground warp-in problem as something that is really at the root of the problem (punishes players who get sentries by not allowing defensive play).
UC Davis Fighting!!! Support CSL visit their webpage and watch their streams!
Hattori_Hanzo
Profile Joined October 2010
Singapore1229 Posts
April 26 2011 16:06 GMT
#1671
Bug Fixes

Fixed a bug where players were still able to stack flying units on top of each other.


What? I thought being able to fly in a vertical " / " formation was a normal aerial formation. That does not make sense...

Game balance wise, wouldn't that negate the very benefit of air unit play?
Cauterize the area
oTLThetA
Profile Joined March 2011
United States8 Posts
April 26 2011 16:08 GMT
#1672
On April 27 2011 01:00 MuteZephyr wrote:
Not too happy about this patch TBH.

Protoss already by far is the cheesiest race, why would you give them an even stronger way to cheese? I expect to see incessant proxy 2gate play. The warpgate changes will really only affect a portion of 4gate timings, the biggest help to PvP in my opinion was the pylon change which is quite smart. I don't see 4gate really getting used that much less in any other match up. Guess we'll see how it'll pan out.

Unfortunately absolutely nothing was done about the late game death ball that toss can get just by turtling on 2/3 base and a-moving. They need to nip this ridiculous playstyle in the bud now. I don't want to see games where both players sit in their base until 20 minutes and then a-move across the map to great success.

Also the bunker nerf came out of nowhere. Everybody on the face of the planet know how to deal with bunker rush by now, no need to nerf terran's defensive structure. I don't see the ghost adjustment changing much. I guess I'll just wait and see.

EDIT: Archon change is good IMO, so that conc shells don't affect them and they have utility in FF breaking. Spore crawler change is for the better as well.


You have valid points, but I would argue a well-executed 4gate with good control is harder to hold off than a 2gate with good control. Simply not as many units. I do agree that there is no reason to allow Protoss players a stronger cheese. That being said, the 40 sec delay on warpgate is huge. Toss will need the lowered build time in order to defend any pressure.
Griffith`
Profile Joined September 2010
714 Posts
April 26 2011 16:10 GMT
#1673
On April 27 2011 01:03 FliedLice wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 00:45 BluePanther wrote:
On April 27 2011 00:43 Gumbos wrote:
Maybe Archon's will become more useful in the PvT arena now that marauders cant dance around them.


EMP



It takes 3 EMPs to kill an Archon, I'd be happy if they wasted all of them on my archons, lol


4 EMPs actually. Archons have 350 shield.
griffith.583 (NA)
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
April 26 2011 16:10 GMT
#1674
Archon fix makes up for warp gate nerf almost imo. At least I will be making more archons in pvt.

Pylon fix will make the korean 4 gate a LOT less strong since it relies on builing a pylon near your ramp to warp in, that 1 less radius means the pylon will be closer and will be much easier to pick off. I hope I can finally 2 gate robo every game like I did back in the beta in pvp.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
windsupernova
Profile Joined October 2010
Mexico5280 Posts
April 26 2011 16:11 GMT
#1675
On April 27 2011 00:52 mike1290 wrote:
I'm not really convinced that any of this needed to be patched. It seems like Blizzard is jumping the gun with their patches. The game is still evolving, pvp in particular, and it didn't seem like we were at a point where the game stagnated due to something being imbalanced.

We don't need patches every month anymore. Let the game develop how it is for a while.


Tell that to all the patch junkies in the forums. Well, and to be fair Blizzard has been patient with the patches. If it was up to the forums we would be getting patches nerfing the Race of the winner of GSL
"Its easy, just trust your CPU".-Boxer on being good at games
Maliris
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Northern Ireland2557 Posts
April 26 2011 16:12 GMT
#1676
Pretty cool changes :o can't wait for it
"Religion is something left over from the infancy of our intelligence, it will fade away as we adopt reason and science as our guidelines."
BoxedLunch
Profile Joined January 2011
United States387 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-26 16:20:39
April 26 2011 16:13 GMT
#1677
so... I just played a few games in the PTR, and they didn't actually make any changes. the game is the exact same thing as retail. blizzard is retarded
In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice, they are not
Baarn
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2702 Posts
April 26 2011 16:13 GMT
#1678
On April 27 2011 01:10 darmousseh wrote:
Archon fix makes up for warp gate nerf almost imo. At least I will be making more archons in pvt.

Pylon fix will make the korean 4 gate a LOT less strong since it relies on builing a pylon near your ramp to warp in, that 1 less radius means the pylon will be closer and will be much easier to pick off. I hope I can finally 2 gate robo every game like I did back in the beta in pvp.


That's exactly what the change is supposed to do.
There's no S in KT. :P
Griffith`
Profile Joined September 2010
714 Posts
April 26 2011 16:14 GMT
#1679
I really don't get why protoss think this patch was a nerf in anyway. You have MORE production capabilities than before (10% actually), AND you have a late-game buff to your archon.

A chronoboosted zealot (2 food) now takes less time (23 sec) to make than marine (1 food) and 25 sec.

griffith.583 (NA)
Baarn
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2702 Posts
April 26 2011 16:14 GMT
#1680
On April 27 2011 01:13 BoxedLunch wrote:
so... I just played a few games in the PTR, and they FORGOT to actually implement the change to warp gate research. It still takes 140 seconds. rofl blizzard


Oh it'll be in the next build. Don't worry.
There's no S in KT. :P
Prev 1 82 83 84 85 86 221 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings124
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta18
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 236
NeuroSwarm 194
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 337
hero 72
sorry 28
Bale 17
Terrorterran 13
ZergMaN 10
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1050
League of Legends
JimRising 752
Counter-Strike
taco 422
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King146
Other Games
summit1g10661
Maynarde207
ArmadaUGS33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick469
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 11
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 136
• Berry_CruncH106
• practicex 28
• Letter144
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota258
League of Legends
• Lourlo1135
• Rush1088
• Stunt215
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 46m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 46m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 46m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.