• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:54
CEST 22:54
KST 05:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8206 users

Modifications/Improvements to BNet UI - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Clicker
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1012 Posts
March 25 2011 21:07 GMT
#41
Such great work, ++++++

The clan feature seems neat.
I really wish they could bring the speed navigating through profiles, etc to the speed it was at for the first few months. It's getting a little slower every day it seems like.
FrodaN
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
754 Posts
March 25 2011 21:20 GMT
#42
Everything looks really solid! Some features would probably not be updated (tournaments/events) as frequently as we want. Also "Join clan channel" means you have to register your clan under battle.net settings which could be a huge administrative hassle. Other than that, I like the direction you're going with the chat channel feature and web browser!
biggestnoob
Profile Joined March 2011
35 Posts
March 25 2011 21:52 GMT
#43
I love it, great job man. You should teach Blizzard developers how to develop games.

Your suggestions are just amazing and just what it needs, great job.
Bearrorist
Profile Joined November 2010
United States26 Posts
March 25 2011 22:03 GMT
#44
I really like the most of it, though I would think most TL users would be more comfortable tabbing out? I could be completely wrong there.

The tourney idea is really great IMO also
Roxy
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada753 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 22:17:30
March 25 2011 22:16 GMT
#45
everyone should go over to SC2 Forums and thumbs up this!

Link for the Lazy
http://sc2ranks.com/us/941824/Roxy - Masters Protoss: "Respect my authoritai"
Ftwpker
Profile Joined January 2011
United States165 Posts
March 25 2011 22:20 GMT
#46
Nice Job!! Really Innovative. Only thing I'm doubtful on is the web browser inside the game. I feel it would be much more efficient to run the game in windowed mode and then just use your normal web browser. Perhaps for those links that require a web browser to just simply paste the url so it would be much easier for users to copy and paste to go to those links.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ayush_SCtoss
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
India3051 Posts
March 25 2011 22:25 GMT
#47
Somebody get this guy a job in Blizzard. I am behind you in all points. Granted I don't expect Blizzard to fix everything in one patch but one by one and I am okay with it. I really like your design and ideas but I do feel that browser is a bit overkill. If Blizzard do do that, I don't mind :D as long as my shitty laptop can handle it >.>
End my suffering
Zombo Joe
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada850 Posts
March 25 2011 23:29 GMT
#48
The funny thing is that most of this should be painfully obvious to anyone designing the UI.

That's what happens when you hire the same person that designed Xbox Live's UI.
I am Terranfying.
neSix
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States1772 Posts
March 25 2011 23:44 GMT
#49
Honestly I could fucking cry these things are so good! You have some serious talent for design, and I hope this really gets some much-needed attention. Your interface is just so understandable and so functional. It provides all the information you could ask for in a clean, concise manner. Obviously you designed interfaces for things that don't even exist yet (clan support, LAN, etc.) but I think you absolutely have the right idea.

I cannot articulate how much better I think your interface design feels. Perhaps it's a bit unfair because again you have features that don't exist yet, but even for things that already do exist (news, chat, welcome) I think you propose some massive improvements. That and I think the whole "Events & Tournaments" tab is a fucking great idea that I would imagine could be implemented with what Battle.Net already supports!

Once again, great work. I hope this post gets the plethora of attention it deserves.
-infinite-
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States44 Posts
March 25 2011 23:49 GMT
#50
Excellent stuff. It's hard for me to not believe that much of this is in the SC2 playbook at Blizzard. The only things I'd be personally interested in is Clan Support / Event management tools. Nix the browser jazz. You don't need that.
One shot, one kill. Ready to die but never will.
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
March 25 2011 23:58 GMT
#51
Wow. Doing Blizzard's job for them! Would definitely support this, except I doubt Blizzard will... they're too stubborn.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
daimyo
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
77 Posts
March 26 2011 00:08 GMT
#52
I laughed very hard after reading imaginary idra's messages on teamliquid channel.
very nice work.
XsebT
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Denmark2980 Posts
March 26 2011 00:12 GMT
#53
It's not like Blizzard doesn't know about these possibilities (at least they should) - it's just that they don't know whether or not we really want them to make b.net2 awesome.
+ Show Spoiler [first of all] +
lan and cross regional play
not like it's gonna happen, but I really want it
화이팅
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
March 26 2011 00:14 GMT
#54
this is EXACTLY what bnet 2.0 should have been

when is blizzard hiring you?
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
Aequos
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada606 Posts
March 26 2011 00:18 GMT
#55
I like both your optimism that they'll have a LAN button and the overall design of a number of these pages. I especially like the web browser/events pages, I think that those would be a nice touch.

For the pictures themselves, I like that you put a bunch of progamer's names in the chat, gave me a good laugh.

I would honestly support the events page the most of the things I saw, but my second choice would be the rearrangement of buttons, it's just much cleaner.
I first realized Immortals were reincarnated Dragoons when I saw them dancing helplessly behind my Stalkers.
Roxy
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada753 Posts
March 26 2011 00:22 GMT
#56
On March 26 2011 08:58 monitor wrote:
Wow. Doing Blizzard's job for them! Would definitely support this, except I doubt Blizzard will... they're too stubborn.


No kidding eh? its like every time someone has a great suggestion blizzard is like:

"Damn.. that was a good idea... i guess we can't use it now"
http://sc2ranks.com/us/941824/Roxy - Masters Protoss: "Respect my authoritai"
Torpedo.Vegas
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States1890 Posts
March 26 2011 00:25 GMT
#57
What about a Multiplayer Map Maker section? Where groups of people can get together to create maps in Galaxy Editor together. It might help create a more dynamic and faster map making community if they can talk to each other and design in real time with the maps being saved to both people at the end of a session.
zende
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden234 Posts
March 26 2011 00:29 GMT
#58
Has Blizzard actually said anything about clans? That would be so cool and so fun - really bring the eSports side of it further.
Perscienter
Profile Joined June 2010
957 Posts
March 26 2011 00:32 GMT
#59
On March 26 2011 05:20 sjschmidt93 wrote:
Really sad that some one like you can create a better UI than a company as big and wealthy as Blizzard.

Good work.

Well, it only consists of screenshots, no UI. The coding required to create such features would be huge. But I wonder what they were working on all of the years anyway. They probably recoded bnet 2.0 from scratch. But then they just stopped without reaching the qualitative level of its predecessor. Features like clan integration should be quite natural.

I also miss a big online manual like Mojo StormStout's Warcraft III Strategy Guide was, where details about the game mechanics are carefully explained.
universalwill
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States654 Posts
March 26 2011 00:33 GMT
#60
web browser? damn, totally remove the need for alt-tabbing
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
SteadfastSC520
EnkiAlexander 84
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 520
ZombieGrub137
JuggernautJason84
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21390
Soulkey 271
White-Ra 194
Mini 165
Trap 28
ToSsGirL 23
Shine 14
League of Legends
Doublelift2483
Counter-Strike
fl0m1126
shoxiejesuss528
C9.Mang0145
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3722
Khaldor2443
Liquid`Hasu1582
Trikslyr40
Other Games
summit1g2834
ArmadaUGS2401
B2W.Neo471
shahzam454
Pyrionflax186
Mew2King57
Railgan22
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV210
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream87
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• musti20045 0
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 54
• Azhi_Dahaki30
• HerbMon 3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV410
League of Legends
• TFBlade959
• Noizen119
Other Games
• Scarra1200
• imaqtpie1088
• Shiphtur259
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
13h 6m
OSC
16h 6m
Stellar Fest
16h 6m
OSC
1d 3h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.