• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:13
CEST 20:13
KST 03:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8569 users

Modifications/Improvements to BNet UI - Page 10

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next All
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
February 24 2012 20:02 GMT
#181
Nice bump! Didn't ever see this before.

Wow, this is pretty cool. Theres a lot work put into this and a lot of cool stuff

Too bad blizzard won't listen
Jaedong :3
Deleted User 135096
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
3624 Posts
March 05 2012 19:51 GMT
#182
found this because of an article not on TL that referenced a TL thread that has gotten really fleshed out since I last looked at it. Most of these changes would be unbelievably amazing!
Administrator
Goblinoid
Profile Joined February 2011
United States55 Posts
March 05 2012 20:36 GMT
#183
I might look at fiddling with this some more, let me know if you have any suggestions for changes/additions/general direction ^______^
SolidMoose
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1240 Posts
March 05 2012 20:40 GMT
#184
This is pretty awesome. Also interesting because I'm currently in a class for human computer interaction (essentially optimizing designs of interfaces)
korona
Profile Joined October 2009
1098 Posts
March 05 2012 20:45 GMT
#185
On March 06 2012 05:36 Goblinoid wrote:
I might look at fiddling with this some more, let me know if you have any suggestions for changes/additions/general direction ^______^

Timestamps to chat windows (could be optional setting). It is always annoying to alt tab back to sc2 after idling and notice that someone messaged you and but you have no idea when. This also applies to chat channels.
korona
Profile Joined October 2009
1098 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-05 21:20:42
March 05 2012 21:20 GMT
#186
On March 06 2012 05:36 Goblinoid wrote:
I might look at fiddling with this some more, let me know if you have any suggestions for changes/additions/general direction ^______^

You could also sketch what kind of statistics page(s) there could be for different game modes (1v1, 2v2, etc). Statistics such as win-lose-tie, match-up specific win-lose-tie, map specific win-lose-tie (also mu&map specific), game lengths in different maps, etc. As they are not likely to show MMR / MMR moving average as numbers there could also be some kind of graphical indication how close to league borders your MMR moving average is (line with markers).

Examples of different statistics are available e.g. from Blizzard's WC3 web-pages. Here is the 3rd of Europe 1v1 ladder (note statistics subpages were malfunctioning when I wrote this).

Regarding league system, MMR & MMR moving average you can find more information from Excalibur_Z's guide.

Ivanero
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain140 Posts
March 06 2012 12:16 GMT
#187
They DON'T WANT to improve.

That's the only explanation that I can find, since it's just common sense the majority of things that we ask for, and we even do free for them the concept work... And I'm talking about this: http://imgur.com/a/oiqJP#0
=)
Goblinoid
Profile Joined February 2011
United States55 Posts
March 06 2012 15:55 GMT
#188
On March 06 2012 21:16 Ivanero wrote:
They DON'T WANT to improve.

That's the only explanation that I can find, since it's just common sense the majority of things that we ask for, and we even do free for them the concept work... And I'm talking about this: http://imgur.com/a/oiqJP#0


Oh hey, I forgot to share my updated version of that: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58526114/SC2_ui:feature_concepts.pdf

It's intended to be interactive (assuming you download/open it with a pdf viewer), but you can scroll through it in your browser if you just want the gist of it (but don't scroll if you intend to interact with it!!).

Let me know if anything isn't user friendly or doesn't make sense (or if any links don't hook up right!). There's a weird link problem in the Tournament page that links you to a custom game lobby which I can't seem to fix, just click on the right side of the orange button for now .
UmbeXCII
Profile Joined May 2011
Italy69 Posts
March 06 2012 16:18 GMT
#189
On March 07 2012 00:55 Goblinoid wrote:
Oh hey, I forgot to share my updated version of that: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58526114/SC2_ui:feature_concepts.pdf

It's intended to be interactive (assuming you download/open it with a pdf viewer), but you can scroll through it in your browser if you just want the gist of it (but don't scroll if you intend to interact with it!!).

Let me know if anything isn't user friendly or doesn't make sense (or if any links don't hook up right!). There's a weird link problem in the Tournament page that links you to a custom game lobby which I can't seem to fix, just click on the right side of the orange button for now .

This is so awesome....I just wish it was real
pampelmus
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
Switzerland215 Posts
March 06 2012 16:28 GMT
#190
Someone get this to Blizzard asap O_o.
[]Phase[]
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium927 Posts
March 06 2012 16:37 GMT
#191
It's amazing...

That blizzard STILL hasen't done anything to improve the situations. When they first talked about bnet 2.0 I imagined something awesome, yet so many years later it's still some mediocre service
howLiN
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Portugal1676 Posts
March 06 2012 16:39 GMT
#192
On March 07 2012 00:55 Goblinoid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2012 21:16 Ivanero wrote:
They DON'T WANT to improve.

That's the only explanation that I can find, since it's just common sense the majority of things that we ask for, and we even do free for them the concept work... And I'm talking about this: http://imgur.com/a/oiqJP#0


Oh hey, I forgot to share my updated version of that: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58526114/SC2_ui:feature_concepts.pdf

It's intended to be interactive (assuming you download/open it with a pdf viewer), but you can scroll through it in your browser if you just want the gist of it (but don't scroll if you intend to interact with it!!).

Let me know if anything isn't user friendly or doesn't make sense (or if any links don't hook up right!). There's a weird link problem in the Tournament page that links you to a custom game lobby which I can't seem to fix, just click on the right side of the orange button for now .

That's so awesome... You gotta post that on the Battle.net forums.
LaLuSh
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Sweden2358 Posts
March 06 2012 16:44 GMT
#193
What we know is that Blizzard will definitely be looking into the possibility of looking into this.
Broodie
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Canada832 Posts
March 06 2012 16:47 GMT
#194
Very well done!

My favorite aspect is the whole tournament/forum aspect you've added to the table
If you need a petition consider it signed
SilentLiquid.Broodie - Author of Tango Terminal, Ophilia RE, Cajun Quandary, & The Beneath
Goblinoid
Profile Joined February 2011
United States55 Posts
March 06 2012 16:57 GMT
#195
haha, I'll post it in the Bnet thread for sure, thanks for the love! I was intending to fill out some of the smaller functions (menus, add friends/clan management/leave party button actions, etc.) but I ran out of steam.

Oh, and at the moment, on the bottom left of the screen I have listed recent players you've played (easy way to make new friends/block jerks) but I think it'd be cool if it rotated between a couple different views. What would you want to see there? Recent game stats, profile stats, last game info, etc.?
Ivanero
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain140 Posts
March 06 2012 19:00 GMT
#196
If you compare SC2 and bnet 2.0 to SC1 and bnet 1.0 thinking on the context on the moment, time and technology for each one... SC2 is garbage and nothing compared to SC1 for that time, they already had the concept, most of the units, they just added few units and made a new Bnet with less options than its predecessor... And the only innovative things are not innovative for these days...
=)
godly-cheese
Profile Joined November 2011
United States67 Posts
March 06 2012 19:55 GMT
#197
On March 07 2012 04:00 Ivanero wrote:
If you compare SC2 and bnet 2.0 to SC1 and bnet 1.0 thinking on the context on the moment, time and technology for each one... SC2 is garbage and nothing compared to SC1 for that time, they already had the concept, most of the units, they just added few units and made a new Bnet with less options than its predecessor... And the only innovative things are not innovative for these days...


I've actually gotten in contact with Blizzard about the UI and everything and I can tell you that they're absolutely AWARE of the topics about the UI and I believe this topic too. I contacted them through a ticket and a GM told me that they know about all this stuff. So maybe that will get some people a little more confident.

Also, we get more information about HOTS on March 8 which is in two days (at least from what I've heard).
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
crydee
Profile Joined October 2011
92 Posts
March 06 2012 21:18 GMT
#198
one of the main things about the UI is all that wasted space. Giant obnoxious buttons, wasted space on the side.. could fit a just a nice big black chat room / white text with all that removed!
Ivanero
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain140 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-06 22:31:25
March 06 2012 22:28 GMT
#199
On March 07 2012 04:55 godly-cheese wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2012 04:00 Ivanero wrote:
If you compare SC2 and bnet 2.0 to SC1 and bnet 1.0 thinking on the context on the moment, time and technology for each one... SC2 is garbage and nothing compared to SC1 for that time, they already had the concept, most of the units, they just added few units and made a new Bnet with less options than its predecessor... And the only innovative things are not innovative for these days...


I've actually gotten in contact with Blizzard about the UI and everything and I can tell you that they're absolutely AWARE of the topics about the UI and I believe this topic too. I contacted them through a ticket and a GM told me that they know about all this stuff. So maybe that will get some people a little more confident.

Also, we get more information about HOTS on March 8 which is in two days (at least from what I've heard).


That's great to know, since I as many others have spent around 50 bucks or more for this game, and also for those who love eSports, because we know that Starcraft is very relevant for the scene.

But yeah they should show that they're on something, the impression for the player is that they forgot about SC2 while they're focused on Diablo 3, and that's not good. I remember Warcraft 3 days, where if you were ~3 months without playing, going back was like playing a different game. I'd been out of SC2 for 2 seasons and now the only different thing I find is a new official custom map which I bored after ~2 hours.

In 2 years the only big improvements were chat channels and Grandmaster league that I can remember right now, but those are things that everyone expect to see in the launch anyway... I always said that we bought a beta/unfinished game, and well, we usually do it nowadays with all the games (I had the same sensation with SWTOR mmorpg), but my impression from Blizzard is like they don't really listen to the community and they just look for the money, not for making a good product like I felt it was with Starcraft 1 - Warcraft 3. I always think that a company should focus on making a good product and that way the money will come as a consequence.

I hope all of this to change soon, because otherwise people could start to stop trusting on Blizzard, and that's not good for them and neither for their fans/players/customers.
=)
Gwypaas
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden41 Posts
March 07 2012 00:35 GMT
#200
On March 07 2012 00:55 Goblinoid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2012 21:16 Ivanero wrote:
They DON'T WANT to improve.

That's the only explanation that I can find, since it's just common sense the majority of things that we ask for, and we even do free for them the concept work... And I'm talking about this: http://imgur.com/a/oiqJP#0


Oh hey, I forgot to share my updated version of that: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58526114/SC2_ui:feature_concepts.pdf

It's intended to be interactive (assuming you download/open it with a pdf viewer), but you can scroll through it in your browser if you just want the gist of it (but don't scroll if you intend to interact with it!!).

Let me know if anything isn't user friendly or doesn't make sense (or if any links don't hook up right!). There's a weird link problem in the Tournament page that links you to a custom game lobby which I can't seem to fix, just click on the right side of the orange button for now .

That is just....... astounding....I'm in love.
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
IntoTheiNu 897
ComeBackTV 860
SteadfastSC560
TaKeTV 482
LamboSC2355
IndyStarCraft 209
Rex111
EnkiAlexander 69
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 560
LamboSC2 355
mouzHeroMarine 327
IndyStarCraft 209
ProTech134
Rex 111
UpATreeSC 108
JuggernautJason1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23086
firebathero 206
Rush 128
Sexy 27
Trap 21
Shine 16
Bale 15
Djem5 7
yabsab 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7404
qojqva1571
420jenkins138
monkeys_forever29
Counter-Strike
fl0m1620
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1894
crisheroes1174
Liquid`Hasu574
XaKoH 164
MindelVK16
Other Games
Grubby2337
FrodaN810
ceh9784
Beastyqt613
ArmadaUGS191
KnowMe152
Hui .150
C9.Mang0126
QueenE114
Trikslyr74
Mew2King62
Dewaltoss60
byalli43
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream71
Other Games
BasetradeTV7
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• Adnapsc2 5
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 29
• FirePhoenix13
• 80smullet 6
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis2305
League of Legends
• TFBlade1121
Other Games
• imaqtpie809
• Shiphtur257
• WagamamaTV257
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 47m
Stellar Fest
18h 47m
OSC
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 15h
Online Event
1d 16h
FEL
1d 21h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.