• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:06
CEST 00:06
KST 07:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7411 users

Modifications/Improvements to BNet UI - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
FrodaN
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
754 Posts
March 25 2011 20:33 GMT
#21
Everything looks really solid! Some features would probably not be updated (tournaments/events) as frequently as we want. Also "Join clan channel" means you have to register your clan under battle.net settings which could be a huge administrative hassle. Other than that, I like the direction you're going with the chat channel feature and web browser!
howerpower
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States619 Posts
March 25 2011 20:33 GMT
#22
mannnnn that UI just oozes sex. That's really the biggest thing holding starcraft back is the interface, it just makes b.net seems so....idk lonely and disconnected.
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
March 25 2011 20:33 GMT
#23
Looked at pictures before i read the OP...............fail

-_- got all excited and crap
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
apm66
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada943 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 20:35:05
March 25 2011 20:34 GMT
#24
I really love the "Join as Observer" button! Definitely something I'd love to see in the future!

On March 26 2011 05:20 sjschmidt93 wrote:
Really sad that some one like you can create a better UI than a company as big and wealthy as Blizzard.

Good work.


Blame Activision, not Blizzard.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
StayFrosty
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada743 Posts
March 25 2011 20:34 GMT
#25
You need to work for blizzard
mufin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States616 Posts
March 25 2011 20:35 GMT
#26
On March 26 2011 05:21 ThaZenith wrote:
Blizzard obviously has almost no idea what they're doing. Yours is basically 100% awesomer. I really wish clans of some sort were in the game. Jeez.


designing a layout is pretty insignificant compared to all the behind the scenes stuff one has to do for it to, you know... actually work.
I only make 5 actions per minute. But since I use all my time deliberating and planning, my 5 actions are so brutally devastating that children cry out and grown men weep.
dmillz
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada270 Posts
March 25 2011 20:36 GMT
#27
Wow I Love the ideas! Awesome job!
Sakarabu
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom132 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 20:37:50
March 25 2011 20:36 GMT
#28
Love pretty much everything you did. Feels like this is what we could have had ;_;

On a sort of related note, since I clicked on this thead with this in mind. I would love if they added the ability to scroll the replay menu with hotkeys (while seeing the races etc), or changed the layout somehow. I can't tell how many times i've accidently double clicked instead of single clicked and opened the wrong one while trying to browse through a mass of replays i've just downloaded, then you have to go through the loading screen and exiting the replay and navigating back. It's just a simple quality of life change which would really remove some frustration.
VirtuallyJesse
Profile Joined February 2011
United States398 Posts
March 25 2011 20:37 GMT
#29
Looks brilliant. I wish it were easy to implement.
Graham
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada1259 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 20:39:36
March 25 2011 20:38 GMT
#30
On March 26 2011 05:33 GinDo wrote:
Looked at pictures before i read the OP...............fail

-_- got all excited and crap


Hahaha same here. I thought they were the improvements that occurred during 1.3 (haven't been on since so I haven't got a chance to check anything), and then realized that they were all custom made.

That being said though, they look fantastic and it would be awesome to see this kind of stuff in Battle.net!

edit: Was going to suggest that there be a way to view TL.net in addition to the official b.net forums, but realized you also thought of that and added in a steam-esqe browser, haha.
Tiax;mous
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
669 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 20:48:02
March 25 2011 20:39 GMT
#31
Ok here is what I think ;

Chat - That is what it always should have looked. Blizzard should really look into this and try to remove player limit for chat rooms etc. But guess they have a reason for current look , don't know really

Home - Top right part looks OK but I don't understand why would you need a chat room in home view. Maybe it's just me but small chat windows makes me wanna kill myself.

Forums - You need a browser for this , implementing a non-browser forum there is too much work and doesn't worth it. Also it will only cause more QQ threads in official forums.

Browser - Almost impossible , it's really a damn hard task to do for so little gain. Beyond being hard , I can't see the point anyway.

News - I thought there is already a community news window and it looked like the one in your screenshot? Adding feeds are hard because lots of users gonna add lots of weird RSS and then cry for why it's not working etc etc. I can guarantee you , you don't want to add a feature you can't %100 control in a user software.

Clan - Looks good , especially roster part. But I doubt they'll implement something like clan news. Clan news gives clan members a spam board. And considering the size of community , it'll cost too much to Blizz , saving all that data and work. Yea it's easy to put a 100x100 box there but when you think about it , it's kinda like you're asking for a 100x100 twitter there.


And with all do respect , I had to add one thing ; various people keep creating "UI Improvements" threads for a while now. I can remember 3 in last 3 weeks at top of my head.
The problem is that implementing a good idea is HARD and I'm not pulling that out of my ass really , I'm somewhat a coder who knows a little about how this things works , and believe me creating a screenshot of "browser in Bnet" , "twitter in bnet" , "rss in bnet" may be easy and it's even easy for a decent programmer like me but it's HARD for Blizzard. Because big big companies doesn't have the luxury to release something half-baked , knowing that someone will exploit the shit out of it and will create tons of user reports etc etc. ( rss feed for example , imagine how many mails they would get because users are trying to add a non-standart rss)

It sucks to be the guy posting serious stuff and looking like a hater but yea this is what I think.

Still kudos for your time and effort , although I strictly believe everything I said above , I also know for sure any developer ( including Blizzard guys ) LOVES these kind of things. Community feedbacks are always awesome , no matter how impossible etc they are.
Sakarabu
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom132 Posts
March 25 2011 20:40 GMT
#32
On March 26 2011 05:35 mufin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2011 05:21 ThaZenith wrote:
Blizzard obviously has almost no idea what they're doing. Yours is basically 100% awesomer. I really wish clans of some sort were in the game. Jeez.


designing a layout is pretty insignificant compared to all the behind the scenes stuff one has to do for it to, you know... actually work.


Yet they have a whole team assigned to do just that. It's simply a lack of community input which could have completely changed peoples opinions on Bnet 2.0.
Noev
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1105 Posts
March 25 2011 20:41 GMT
#33
There is very little that would make me happier then to see these changes implemented, great work i really like the clan page and the built in browser.
schimmetje
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands1104 Posts
March 25 2011 20:42 GMT
#34
Feature requests (as discussed on SotG):

- Voting maps up instead of veto-ing them. I know you already have the fun or not thing, but this'd pertain more specifically to the ladder.

- Selecting tournament mapsets. This could/should be a map category in the current system imo, so possibly requires no ui change, but if you ever happen to play with that screen.. If you do an event info page it'd probably have to be there anyways.
Change to MY nostalgia? UNACCEPTABLE! Monkey paaaw!
Clamev
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Germany498 Posts
March 25 2011 20:46 GMT
#35
I want hotkeys in my Bnet!
I want to be able to start a laddergame without having to touch my mouse.
6Pool or die trying
Hatorade
Profile Joined July 2010
299 Posts
March 25 2011 20:47 GMT
#36
I wish they'd add the in game tournaments from wc3, those were really fun. The changes you implemented are awesome I hope they add all of that(and everything else we used to have) eventually!
SugarBear
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States842 Posts
March 25 2011 20:53 GMT
#37
Love most of the changes, especially clan & events pages.

I like the idea of a browser inside the client, but given how clunky it is just to navigate chat windows currently I can't imagine wanting to deal with that for a browser too. Maybe if the design and usability improves generally in the future it would be something to add.
Staff vVv Gaming | "So what did you do today?" "Oh not much, mined some minerals, harvested some gas, spawned some zergs, the usual"
Termit
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden3466 Posts
March 25 2011 20:54 GMT
#38
It is like this the UI should have been looking from the beginning. :E
( ̄。 ̄)~zzz ◕ ◡ ◕
andiCR
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Costa Rica2273 Posts
March 25 2011 21:04 GMT
#39
gotta love it man good job.

I would love a browser inside sc2 actually.. u already have chat and chatrooms and whatnot...steam does it, why not blizz?

Also, i would definitely love the clan system. This is something that was promised by Blizzard some time ago and is still not in. Several people like me have wasted the name change just so we could have the clan name in it :S
Nightmare1795 wrote: I played a guy in bronze who said he was Japanese. That was the only game I ever dropped a nuke, which was purely coincidental.
Dalguno
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2446 Posts
March 25 2011 21:07 GMT
#40
Wow fail not reading the OP and going straight to the gallery. I saw LAN and peed myself. Alas.
"I'm gonna keep making drones cause I'm a baller, and ballers make drones." -Snute
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta10
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech147
ViBE53
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 173
Dewaltoss 88
Hyuk 67
Bale 12
Noble 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm88
League of Legends
Doublelift3807
Counter-Strike
Fnx 732
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King69
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5602
Khaldor836
Liquid`Hasu649
Other Games
summit1g7977
FrodaN2299
shahzam522
KnowMe320
C9.Mang0220
ArmadaUGS125
UpATreeSC96
ZombieGrub49
Trikslyr46
PPMD40
JimRising 37
CosmosSc2 26
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream59
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH350
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie876
• Shiphtur200
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
11h 55m
Online Event
12h 55m
FEL
17h 55m
AI Arena Tournament
18h 55m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
20h 55m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 13h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.