• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:06
CEST 18:06
KST 01:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)74Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9598 users

NASL: Koreans? Top Koreans? - Page 23

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 106 Next
Peas
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada102 Posts
March 15 2011 23:49 GMT
#441
All those ragging on pokebunny are hillarious. He has been more articulate and sensible then the majority of posters in this thread.

Let me make this clear...thinking an unlimited number of koreans would be a bad thing for the NASL =/= racism.

On March 16 2011 08:04 Peas wrote:
All this talk of inviting the best of the best, simply for the sake of having the best compete in the NASL makes me want to puke. If that is the argument you want to make, then you'd have to agree to an almost strictly Korean NASL...now... how ridiculous does that sound?

Some people mention the quest for global parity in SC2. Letting koreans dominate our home grown tournaments is NOT THE WAY to achieve this. The only way, and I repeat, the only way to level the playing field is to initiate and facilitate grassroots movements. The NASL is an example of this, and it would serve to undermine the quest for parity to allow koreans (certainly in unlimited numbers, i.e. the best of the best) to, in a word, dominate such initiatives.

Some mention (or at least imply by what they say) that parity can only be achieved by forcing koreans to compete with and beside NA/EUR players. No, No, No. That is entirely backwards, that is the "end state", the "goal", the desired culmination of the grassroots movements hitherto mentioned. We need to build an infrastracture that supports NA/EUR SC2 players as they are in Korea, and that enables them to practice as they do in Korea. Only then does it make sense to attempt to homogenize the landscape.

Allowing a few koreans into the NASL for flavour, or to inject a bit more high level talent is fine by me. That said, I believe the NASL should be primarily for NA/EUR players BECAUSE I believe this tournament is for altering the very foundation of the foreigner (ugh i hate that term) scene, and for creating the infrastructure that would ultimately enable parity within the global SC2 community.



User was warned for this post
teamsolid
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada3668 Posts
March 15 2011 23:50 GMT
#442
On March 16 2011 08:41 Rekrul wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2011 08:38 Pokebunny wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:38 ch33psh33p wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:36 hmunkey wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:31 Rekrul wrote:
and why is everyone reacting so much to the dumb shit pokebunny is saying? isnt he like 15?

Yeah, but he's a 15 year old who's basically lying his ass off and making gross exaggerations over and over. And as any internet forum, people are taking the bait.


Rekrul speaks the truth, but unfortunately poeple are falling for his troll bait over and over again

I don't understand how it's troll bait to have a minority opinion.


what you have isn't called an opinion, it's called a flawed understanding of what a real competition is

If only Rekrul still had his mod powers... if only.
DiaBoLuS
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany1638 Posts
March 15 2011 23:50 GMT
#443
On March 16 2011 08:48 Tachion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2011 08:42 Pokebunny wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:40 teamsolid wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:31 Rokk wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:28 hmunkey wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:27 Pokebunny wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:26 Clare wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:24 Pokebunny wrote:
I don't understand how you can say I'm being racist when every point I've made has simply been due to practicality and entertainment rather than race.

That's subjective though. Sure, you might not feel connected to the Koreans, but some people might.

I completely agree that my opinion is subjective, however I don't think it's fair to say my points are based entirely on the race of the player. I'm merely expressing what I would like to see as a spectator.

No, you're expressing what you'd like to see as a potential competitor. If it's for NA only, you have a chance of getting it. If it's for Koreans you have no chance of ever competing in the NASL.

Don't lie.

I don't agree with Pokebunny at all, but at least refute his arguments instead of making up bullshit when he has stated the opposite multiple times.

It doesn't matter what he states. Even if he's not going to make it in this season, if Koreans start getting invited, the chances of him ever competing in the future (in case his skill rises) will still be hurt. Subconsciously, I'm sure he knows this and all this other reasoning is just to justify these gut feelings.

Not at all. I much preferred watching MLG last year than GSL.

You've stated about 10 times in this thread so far that you like NA Starcraft more than KR, but you have not once yet explained why. Would you mind indulging your critics with an actual reason for why you find NA Starcraft matches more entertaining?


On that point i have to agree with pokebunny. The MLG was much more exiting to watch than the gsl, simply because the tournament structure was great.
European Ranking: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=182293
W2
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States1177 Posts
March 15 2011 23:50 GMT
#444
Please don't waste big money on amateurs. It would just kill me if $400k was spent on a tournament featuring semi-pro wannabes, when we could have a tournament as stacked as the TSL, with matches like White-Ra vs MC, NesTea vs. IdrA, Mvp vs. Jinro, EVERYDAY.

So an easy way to do it would be invite the top16 of TSL, top16 of code S... For the final 18 spend it on the big name champions/finalists who got eliminated randomly from the 2 above tournaments: like Fruitdealer, NesTea, MarineKing, Mvp... Sprinkled with some foreigners to keep it somewhat balanced.
Hi
KallWest
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany24 Posts
March 15 2011 23:50 GMT
#445
On March 16 2011 08:41 Pokebunny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2011 08:40 KallWest wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:27 Pokebunny wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:26 Clare wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:24 Pokebunny wrote:
I don't understand how you can say I'm being racist when every point I've made has simply been due to practicality and entertainment rather than race.

That's subjective though. Sure, you might not feel connected to the Koreans, but some people might.

I completely agree that my opinion is subjective, however I don't think it's fair to say my points are based entirely on the race of the player. I'm merely expressing what I would like to see as a spectator.


I'm sorry but it just doesn't seem credible to me that someone would find the GSL boring. The GSLTL had some of the coolest games ever and the games today between Zenio and Boxer were entertaining as hell! And those are just two examples. Remember Fruitdealer in GSL1? When he went 3-0 in the finals, my heart was racing like crazy! And that wasn't the only time that happend! Also, watch the ro32 code S group games. The players show plenty of personality in the interview clips they show before the matches. And I don't mind reading subtitles. If they did the same in NASL I would be perfectly happy.

Saying the GSL is boring is like saying "Brazil has a horrible soccer team". Sure, it's an opinion, but everyone who knows soccer will think that you don't know what you are talking about.

I don't understand ..

A better analogy is saying I'd rather watch American soccer than Brazilian soccer, even though I know Brazilians are more skilled. Which is my opinion. Sure it's not the majority, but it's my opinion.

I watch some GSL games when people recommend them, but that's about it.


Well, it makes sense to say you would rather watch MLG than the GSL, but what doesn't make sense is to say that the GSL is boring. I even understand why you would rather watch MLG, since there are more players competing in MLG that you are familiar with and probably often play against, thus you probably have a closer emotional tie to MLG.

But to say that you watch MLG because the GSL is boring doesn't make any sense to me.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
March 15 2011 23:51 GMT
#446
On March 16 2011 08:48 Tachion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2011 08:42 Pokebunny wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:40 teamsolid wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:31 Rokk wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:28 hmunkey wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:27 Pokebunny wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:26 Clare wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:24 Pokebunny wrote:
I don't understand how you can say I'm being racist when every point I've made has simply been due to practicality and entertainment rather than race.

That's subjective though. Sure, you might not feel connected to the Koreans, but some people might.

I completely agree that my opinion is subjective, however I don't think it's fair to say my points are based entirely on the race of the player. I'm merely expressing what I would like to see as a spectator.

No, you're expressing what you'd like to see as a potential competitor. If it's for NA only, you have a chance of getting it. If it's for Koreans you have no chance of ever competing in the NASL.

Don't lie.

I don't agree with Pokebunny at all, but at least refute his arguments instead of making up bullshit when he has stated the opposite multiple times.

It doesn't matter what he states. Even if he's not going to make it in this season, if Koreans start getting invited, the chances of him ever competing in the future (in case his skill rises) will still be hurt. Subconsciously, I'm sure he knows this and all this other reasoning is just to justify these gut feelings.

Not at all. I much preferred watching MLG last year than GSL.

You've stated about 10 times in this thread so far that you like NA Starcraft more than KR, but you have not once yet explained why. Would you mind indulging your critics with an actual reason for why you find NA Starcraft matches more entertaining?

I feel more interested in the players. They're more familiar and I enjoy watching them grow and compete against eachother. They're people I have opinions on other than their gameplay.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Lipski
Profile Joined October 2010
Poland373 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-15 23:53:20
March 15 2011 23:51 GMT
#447
i would like to see about 5-7 koreans, but the very best ones, like mvp, nestea, mkp, mc. no reason for nasl division to be stacked with 50% koreans, even if they are indeed better then foreigners. if i want to watch koreans play sc2 with a lil bit of foreigner play, i'll watch gsl. nasl stands for north american starleague, it's not friggin world champioship.
"i'll just train hard and win the next one"
Ikuu
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom97 Posts
March 15 2011 23:51 GMT
#448
I'd have it made up of like 15 Koreans, 15 Europeans and 20 North Americans. That way you get most of the best players in the world and it's not a league filled with people making up the numbers.
kedinik
Profile Joined September 2010
United States352 Posts
March 15 2011 23:51 GMT
#449
Protectionism doesn't help the protected industry in the long run.

Let lots of strong Koreans into the league until non-Korean players and teams demonstrate that they can consistently compete at the same level.
Node
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2159 Posts
March 15 2011 23:51 GMT
#450
On March 16 2011 08:42 hmunkey wrote:
So, tell me, should the Olympics ban the Keyan running team? Should the World Cup ban the Brazilian national team? What about the NHL disallowing Canadian teams from competing?

How is NASL banning Koreans any different?


This is a silly comparison to make. We're talking about the North American Starcraft League, designed to encourage a rise in the popularity of esports in the West through familiar faces, a high (not "the highest") standard of competition, and relatable players. It's not a World Cup, or an Olympics. That honor would go to the TSL.
whole lies with a half smile
dtz
Profile Joined September 2010
5834 Posts
March 15 2011 23:52 GMT
#451
On March 16 2011 08:51 Pokebunny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2011 08:48 Tachion wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:42 Pokebunny wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:40 teamsolid wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:31 Rokk wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:28 hmunkey wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:27 Pokebunny wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:26 Clare wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:24 Pokebunny wrote:
I don't understand how you can say I'm being racist when every point I've made has simply been due to practicality and entertainment rather than race.

That's subjective though. Sure, you might not feel connected to the Koreans, but some people might.

I completely agree that my opinion is subjective, however I don't think it's fair to say my points are based entirely on the race of the player. I'm merely expressing what I would like to see as a spectator.

No, you're expressing what you'd like to see as a potential competitor. If it's for NA only, you have a chance of getting it. If it's for Koreans you have no chance of ever competing in the NASL.

Don't lie.

I don't agree with Pokebunny at all, but at least refute his arguments instead of making up bullshit when he has stated the opposite multiple times.

It doesn't matter what he states. Even if he's not going to make it in this season, if Koreans start getting invited, the chances of him ever competing in the future (in case his skill rises) will still be hurt. Subconsciously, I'm sure he knows this and all this other reasoning is just to justify these gut feelings.

Not at all. I much preferred watching MLG last year than GSL.

You've stated about 10 times in this thread so far that you like NA Starcraft more than KR, but you have not once yet explained why. Would you mind indulging your critics with an actual reason for why you find NA Starcraft matches more entertaining?

I feel more interested in the players. They're more familiar and I enjoy watching them grow and compete against eachother. They're people I have opinions on other than their gameplay.


On that note, what is your opinion about European players, especially eastern european ones like White-Ra and Dimaga
KallWest
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany24 Posts
March 15 2011 23:52 GMT
#452
On March 16 2011 08:51 Pokebunny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2011 08:48 Tachion wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:42 Pokebunny wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:40 teamsolid wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:31 Rokk wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:28 hmunkey wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:27 Pokebunny wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:26 Clare wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:24 Pokebunny wrote:
I don't understand how you can say I'm being racist when every point I've made has simply been due to practicality and entertainment rather than race.

That's subjective though. Sure, you might not feel connected to the Koreans, but some people might.

I completely agree that my opinion is subjective, however I don't think it's fair to say my points are based entirely on the race of the player. I'm merely expressing what I would like to see as a spectator.

No, you're expressing what you'd like to see as a potential competitor. If it's for NA only, you have a chance of getting it. If it's for Koreans you have no chance of ever competing in the NASL.

Don't lie.

I don't agree with Pokebunny at all, but at least refute his arguments instead of making up bullshit when he has stated the opposite multiple times.

It doesn't matter what he states. Even if he's not going to make it in this season, if Koreans start getting invited, the chances of him ever competing in the future (in case his skill rises) will still be hurt. Subconsciously, I'm sure he knows this and all this other reasoning is just to justify these gut feelings.

Not at all. I much preferred watching MLG last year than GSL.

You've stated about 10 times in this thread so far that you like NA Starcraft more than KR, but you have not once yet explained why. Would you mind indulging your critics with an actual reason for why you find NA Starcraft matches more entertaining?

I feel more interested in the players. They're more familiar and I enjoy watching them grow and compete against eachother. They're people I have opinions on other than their gameplay.


HA! I totally called that!
TheBJ
Profile Joined March 2010
Bulgaria906 Posts
March 15 2011 23:52 GMT
#453
On March 16 2011 08:50 DiaBoLuS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2011 08:48 Tachion wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:42 Pokebunny wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:40 teamsolid wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:31 Rokk wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:28 hmunkey wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:27 Pokebunny wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:26 Clare wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:24 Pokebunny wrote:
I don't understand how you can say I'm being racist when every point I've made has simply been due to practicality and entertainment rather than race.

That's subjective though. Sure, you might not feel connected to the Koreans, but some people might.

I completely agree that my opinion is subjective, however I don't think it's fair to say my points are based entirely on the race of the player. I'm merely expressing what I would like to see as a spectator.

No, you're expressing what you'd like to see as a potential competitor. If it's for NA only, you have a chance of getting it. If it's for Koreans you have no chance of ever competing in the NASL.

Don't lie.

I don't agree with Pokebunny at all, but at least refute his arguments instead of making up bullshit when he has stated the opposite multiple times.

It doesn't matter what he states. Even if he's not going to make it in this season, if Koreans start getting invited, the chances of him ever competing in the future (in case his skill rises) will still be hurt. Subconsciously, I'm sure he knows this and all this other reasoning is just to justify these gut feelings.

Not at all. I much preferred watching MLG last year than GSL.

You've stated about 10 times in this thread so far that you like NA Starcraft more than KR, but you have not once yet explained why. Would you mind indulging your critics with an actual reason for why you find NA Starcraft matches more entertaining?


On that point i have to agree with pokebunny. The MLG was much more exiting to watch than the gsl, simply because the tournament structure was great.


Yes especially the one that idra one , it was so unexciting that i dont even remember which one it was , seriously. Rekrul said it best having a poor understanding for real competition doesnt isnt a valid opinion.
Ad augusta per angust
vizir
Profile Joined August 2010
Finland154 Posts
March 15 2011 23:53 GMT
#454
For some reason my humble opinion is that I wouldn't want to see any korean domination in NASL but just have the top foreigners to battle for the big bucks. Guess 1 GSL is enough? On the other hand seeing MC sweep the top foreigners has some entertainment value also.. But yeah would be kinda retarted to not invite them after all. "Europeans are welcome but Koreans gtfo.."
Chicane
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7875 Posts
March 15 2011 23:54 GMT
#455
On March 16 2011 08:48 Tachion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2011 08:42 Pokebunny wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:40 teamsolid wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:31 Rokk wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:28 hmunkey wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:27 Pokebunny wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:26 Clare wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:24 Pokebunny wrote:
I don't understand how you can say I'm being racist when every point I've made has simply been due to practicality and entertainment rather than race.

That's subjective though. Sure, you might not feel connected to the Koreans, but some people might.

I completely agree that my opinion is subjective, however I don't think it's fair to say my points are based entirely on the race of the player. I'm merely expressing what I would like to see as a spectator.

No, you're expressing what you'd like to see as a potential competitor. If it's for NA only, you have a chance of getting it. If it's for Koreans you have no chance of ever competing in the NASL.

Don't lie.

I don't agree with Pokebunny at all, but at least refute his arguments instead of making up bullshit when he has stated the opposite multiple times.

It doesn't matter what he states. Even if he's not going to make it in this season, if Koreans start getting invited, the chances of him ever competing in the future (in case his skill rises) will still be hurt. Subconsciously, I'm sure he knows this and all this other reasoning is just to justify these gut feelings.

Not at all. I much preferred watching MLG last year than GSL.

You've stated about 10 times in this thread so far that you like NA Starcraft more than KR, but you have not once yet explained why. Would you mind indulging your critics with an actual reason for why you find NA Starcraft matches more entertaining?


I don't see how that is such a strange concept. He clearly enjoys watching players who he is more familiar with and who's personalities he knows a bit more. That is after all one of the things NASL is banking on as an important feature they can bring... yet you are so surprised that someone would like that?

But once again, I don't agree with a lot of what he is saying... and I will simply copy paste what I said instead of retyping it.

"What I don't agree with however is how he tries to make claims such as they aren't good in the league because they don't show enough personality when there are plenty of NA players who have very weak personalities that we never really get to see... yet no one is saying they shouldn't participate."

Basically, some of the Korean players have shown more personalities than some NA players--I won't bother mentioning names--even if we have seen about equal amounts of them. I'm not sure why they aren't categorized with the Koreans... or more importantly why Koreans are categorized as a whole.
Tachion
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada8573 Posts
March 15 2011 23:54 GMT
#456
On March 16 2011 08:49 Peas wrote:
All those ragging on pokebunny are hillarious. He has been more articulate and sensible then the majority of posters in this thread.

Let me make this clear...thinking an unlimited number of koreans would be a bad thing for the NASL =/= racism.

Show nested quote +
On March 16 2011 08:04 Peas wrote:
All this talk of inviting the best of the best, simply for the sake of having the best compete in the NASL makes me want to puke. If that is the argument you want to make, then you'd have to agree to an almost strictly Korean NASL...now... how ridiculous does that sound?

Some people mention the quest for global parity in SC2. Letting koreans dominate our home grown tournaments is NOT THE WAY to achieve this. The only way, and I repeat, the only way to level the playing field is to initiate and facilitate grassroots movements. The NASL is an example of this, and it would serve to undermine the quest for parity to allow koreans (certainly in unlimited numbers, i.e. the best of the best) to, in a word, dominate such initiatives.

Some mention (or at least imply by what they say) that parity can only be achieved by forcing koreans to compete with and beside NA/EUR players. No, No, No. That is entirely backwards, that is the "end state", the "goal", the desired culmination of the grassroots movements hitherto mentioned. We need to build an infrastracture that supports NA/EUR SC2 players as they are in Korea, and that enables them to practice as they do in Korea. Only then does it make sense to attempt to homogenize the landscape.

Allowing a few koreans into the NASL for flavour, or to inject a bit more high level talent is fine by me. That said, I believe the NASL should be primarily for NA/EUR players BECAUSE I believe this tournament is for altering the very foundation of the foreigner (ugh i hate that term) scene, and for creating the infrastructure that would ultimately enable parity within the global SC2 community.


Is this really the 2nd time you've quoted yourself? Please give it a rest, people aren't going to suddenly find it more interesting the more you repeat it.
i was driving down the road this november eve and spotted a hitchhiker walking down the street. i pulled over and saw that it was only a tree. i uprooted it and put it in my trunk. do trees like marshmallow peeps? cause that's all i have and will have.
TheBJ
Profile Joined March 2010
Bulgaria906 Posts
March 15 2011 23:55 GMT
#457
On March 16 2011 08:51 Pokebunny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2011 08:48 Tachion wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:42 Pokebunny wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:40 teamsolid wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:31 Rokk wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:28 hmunkey wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:27 Pokebunny wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:26 Clare wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:24 Pokebunny wrote:
I don't understand how you can say I'm being racist when every point I've made has simply been due to practicality and entertainment rather than race.

That's subjective though. Sure, you might not feel connected to the Koreans, but some people might.

I completely agree that my opinion is subjective, however I don't think it's fair to say my points are based entirely on the race of the player. I'm merely expressing what I would like to see as a spectator.

No, you're expressing what you'd like to see as a potential competitor. If it's for NA only, you have a chance of getting it. If it's for Koreans you have no chance of ever competing in the NASL.

Don't lie.

I don't agree with Pokebunny at all, but at least refute his arguments instead of making up bullshit when he has stated the opposite multiple times.

It doesn't matter what he states. Even if he's not going to make it in this season, if Koreans start getting invited, the chances of him ever competing in the future (in case his skill rises) will still be hurt. Subconsciously, I'm sure he knows this and all this other reasoning is just to justify these gut feelings.

Not at all. I much preferred watching MLG last year than GSL.

You've stated about 10 times in this thread so far that you like NA Starcraft more than KR, but you have not once yet explained why. Would you mind indulging your critics with an actual reason for why you find NA Starcraft matches more entertaining?

I feel more interested in the players. They're more familiar and I enjoy watching them grow and compete against eachother. They're people I have opinions on other than their gameplay.


So you would just rather see your friends compete to split some sweet crash price rather than having a real competition. So if u are following football and you are watching the lets say arsenal vs barcelona game , you are clearly watching it because of messi's personality not his actual players skills. I think the show you might be looking for is called Big Brother.
Ad augusta per angust
caradoc
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada3022 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-15 23:58:53
March 15 2011 23:55 GMT
#458
On March 16 2011 08:15 Peas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2011 08:04 Peas wrote:
"
"
"


qft


you qft yourself? wtf. insecure much?

to the points...

All this talk of inviting the best of the best, simply for the sake of having the best compete in the NASL makes me want to puke. If that is the argument you want to make, then you'd have to agree to an almost strictly Korean NASL...now... how ridiculous does that sound?




bad argument. How many foreigners have attempted to qualify for the GSL? How many have actually made it? make a ratio out of these two numbers. Now do the same for koreans. Compare ratios. Now try again to make that argument using those two ratios. you will find it is impossible.



Some people mention the quest for global parity in SC2. Letting koreans dominate our home grown tournaments is NOT THE WAY to achieve this. The only way, and I repeat, the only way to level the playing field is to initiate and facilitate grassroots movements. The NASL is an example of this, and it would serve to undermine the quest for parity to allow koreans (certainly in unlimited numbers, i.e. the best of the best) to, in a word, dominate such initiatives.



koreans...undermine...OUR tournaments.....
...must be grassroots...

I dont follow the logic.

Some mention (or at least imply by what they say) that parity can only be achieved by forcing koreans to compete with and beside NA/EUR players. No, No, No. That is entirely backwards, that is the "end state", the "goal", the desired culmination of the grassroots movements hitherto mentioned. We need to build an infrastracture that supports NA/EUR SC2 players as they are in Korea, and that enables them to practice as they do in Korea. Only then does it make sense to attempt to homogenize the landscape.


now you're lumping together EUR/NA? Why don't we just rename it to the Nazi Aryan Super League?

and who is FORCING koreans to compete? last I checked a lot of koreans wanted to.

Allowing a few koreans into the NASL for flavour, or to inject a bit more high level talent is fine by me. That said, I believe the NASL should be primarily for NA/EUR players BECAUSE I believe this tournament is for altering the very foundation of the foreigner (ugh i hate that term) scene, and for creating the infrastructure that would ultimately enable parity within the global SC2 community.


allowing koreans for flavor? parity? there is no coherent flow of argument here except that 'we must disallow too many koreans from competing because we want to support north americans?' this is founded on the belief that people don't want to watch koreans. In order to assume others do not want to watch koreans, you must therefore not want to watch koreans...

this all sounds racist.

and I restate-- you QFTed yourself? seriously?



Salvation a la mode and a cup of tea...
Cyanocyst
Profile Joined October 2010
2222 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-15 23:59:01
March 15 2011 23:56 GMT
#459
Personally i believe any league should strive to have the best players.

Though for my own selfish reasons, i actually don't any want Top Koreans in NASL, Because i don't want NASL to take away from the quality of players in GSL.

However i would really like for some of the Code B players, to compete in Nasl. It would be really cool just to see the up and coming Koreans. Theres some intriguing players down there, that personally id just like to see more of.

Btw; I absolutely don't care about the foreigners getting dominated. NASL main goal for me is to keep me entertained between GSL seasons.
|| Fruit Dealer | Leenock | Yughio | Coca | Sniper | True | Solar | Dark |
I_Love_Bacon
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5765 Posts
March 15 2011 23:56 GMT
#460
On March 16 2011 08:52 KallWest wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2011 08:51 Pokebunny wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:48 Tachion wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:42 Pokebunny wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:40 teamsolid wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:31 Rokk wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:28 hmunkey wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:27 Pokebunny wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:26 Clare wrote:
On March 16 2011 08:24 Pokebunny wrote:
I don't understand how you can say I'm being racist when every point I've made has simply been due to practicality and entertainment rather than race.

That's subjective though. Sure, you might not feel connected to the Koreans, but some people might.

I completely agree that my opinion is subjective, however I don't think it's fair to say my points are based entirely on the race of the player. I'm merely expressing what I would like to see as a spectator.

No, you're expressing what you'd like to see as a potential competitor. If it's for NA only, you have a chance of getting it. If it's for Koreans you have no chance of ever competing in the NASL.

Don't lie.

I don't agree with Pokebunny at all, but at least refute his arguments instead of making up bullshit when he has stated the opposite multiple times.

It doesn't matter what he states. Even if he's not going to make it in this season, if Koreans start getting invited, the chances of him ever competing in the future (in case his skill rises) will still be hurt. Subconsciously, I'm sure he knows this and all this other reasoning is just to justify these gut feelings.

Not at all. I much preferred watching MLG last year than GSL.

You've stated about 10 times in this thread so far that you like NA Starcraft more than KR, but you have not once yet explained why. Would you mind indulging your critics with an actual reason for why you find NA Starcraft matches more entertaining?

I feel more interested in the players. They're more familiar and I enjoy watching them grow and compete against eachother. They're people I have opinions on other than their gameplay.


HA! I totally called that!


He said other than, not solely. And I agree with him. Why do IdrA, HuK, and Jinro's victories in the GSL get massssssive amounts of recommendations in the threads, even if they aren't good games?
" i havent been playin sc2 but i woke up w/ a boner and i really had to pee... and my crisis management and micro was really something to behold. it inspired me to play some games today" -Liquid'Tyler
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 106 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech154
UpATreeSC 91
BRAT_OK 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5017
Bisu 1937
Soulkey 1631
EffOrt 862
Mini 624
Horang2 395
Larva 368
ZerO 354
ggaemo 254
actioN 243
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 110
Mind 92
sorry 90
hero 75
Shinee 68
Sharp 67
Sea.KH 64
Barracks 61
Snow 50
Pusan 49
Hyun 40
Bale 30
Trap 26
ToSsGirL 23
Terrorterran 22
NaDa 21
Rock 18
Sacsri 13
scan(afreeca) 12
Noble 9
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5439
qojqva2590
Dendi1297
420jenkins293
League of Legends
Reynor61
Counter-Strike
fl0m3288
Fnx 682
x6flipin448
edward42
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes389
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1263
hiko1011
B2W.Neo407
DeMusliM334
XBOCT241
FrodaN210
Liquid`VortiX200
Livibee153
QueenE112
TKL 59
Mew2King41
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV104
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 77
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 34
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV630
League of Legends
• Nemesis3840
• TFBlade720
Other Games
• Shiphtur471
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 54m
Patches Events
23h 54m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.