• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:53
CEST 03:53
KST 10:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7198 users

iCCup December Monthly Map Pool - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
December 01 2010 19:54 GMT
#61
On December 02 2010 01:36 Tha_Docta wrote:
Hey whatever happened to Sin Chupung-Ryeong

that map was really sexy


It was pretty bad for SCII. Expanding for anyone besides Terran was almost impossible.

On December 02 2010 02:03 Johnranger-123 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2010 01:36 Tha_Docta wrote:
Hey whatever happened to Sin Chupung-Ryeong

that map was really sexy

god I used to hate that map in BW way too small and horrible.
But I like the look on these maps, will deferentially try them out in custom ^^
Too bad I cant post on the US forums to support this idea ^^


There is a topic about this on EU as well, go here.
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
Proto_Protoss
Profile Joined September 2010
United States495 Posts
December 01 2010 19:55 GMT
#62
I wish i knew more ppl to play ICCUP maps but i wonder if not playing without xelnaga towers is going to be weird.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up everytime we do." - Confucius
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
December 01 2010 19:56 GMT
#63
On December 02 2010 04:55 Proto_Protoss wrote:
I wish i knew more ppl to play ICCUP maps but i wonder if not playing without xelnaga towers is going to be weird.


Most of our maps have towers, just not all of them.
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
IumSpechul
Profile Joined October 2010
United States17 Posts
December 01 2010 20:09 GMT
#64
Yeah, I'm a big supporter of this whole thing.

I've always believed that people creating content with the genuine concern that it be good always leads to the better content.

Wish blizz would pick up some of these maps and circulate them a bit more. A little more love in the mainstream.
J7S
Profile Joined March 2009
Brazil179 Posts
December 01 2010 20:46 GMT
#65
Should fix Novemeber->December on the OP
"Mein Führer, I can walk!" - Dr. Strangelove
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
December 01 2010 22:17 GMT
#66
On December 01 2010 07:21 iCCup.Diamond wrote:
This post will be where all the current tournaments that use this map pool will be listed. We will be able to put up times, dates, info, etc on the tournaments. However for the health of my poor inbox please submit the info in this thread in the following format:

Name of Event/Organization
Date(s)/time(s) of event(s)
Stream Link (if any)
Miscellaneous Info (if any)




Hopefully there are more tournaments incoming, I think there were only like two listed for the November map pool.

ICCup should look into hosting it's own tournament with the express purpose of raising popularity for third party maps. If the community could see some sweet games between high level players like Idra and White-Ra on a map like the new Match Point the community at large could better understand how much good maps can contribute to a game. I think it would really do a lot to further the implementation on these maps in high level tournaments.

Also, I think as a community we should support the use of third party maps on TL-Community based tournaments like with the next HDH.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
AdelSC123
Profile Joined March 2010
France362 Posts
December 01 2010 22:25 GMT
#67
GSL should use this map pool.
funcmode
Profile Joined June 2010
Australia720 Posts
December 01 2010 22:30 GMT
#68
On December 02 2010 07:25 HellKey wrote:
GSL should use this map pool.

On December 01 2010 Junnka wrote:
I am getting tired of being accused that we rig the maps. Here are some facts.

2) Why not use custom maps? Because GSL is open tournament and people without team can only practice on ladder. Of course it is possible to distribute custom maps through homepage but sadly not all SC2 players watch GSL. I do not think Blizzard will approve it anyway.

Won't happen unless Blizz makes them official ladder maps, and I don't see that happening.
@funcmode - TPW Mapmaking Team - theplanetaryworkshop.com
DarthXX
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia998 Posts
December 01 2010 23:42 GMT
#69
Engima is the best map ever blows shakuras plateu out of the water for large map awesomeness
MAPPoVe
Profile Joined September 2010
86 Posts
December 01 2010 23:54 GMT
#70
I like how destructible rocks don't play a huge role on these maps.
They just limit gameplay so much if put to important positions like a backdoor or somthing. Blocking a gold is fine but mapmackers really should use them wisely.
Taking rocks out is just such a wired thing to change gameplay on a map.
my maps -> http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=160218
G_Wen
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada525 Posts
December 02 2010 17:53 GMT
#71
On December 01 2010 07:28 iCCup.Diamond wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2010 07:24 jamesr12 wrote:
Edit: still waitng for that big annoucmeant you said you had regarding maps I think in last months map pool thead

It's coming, hopefully soon. It will be worth the wait however.
FFFFUUUUU I've been waiting for this for 24 years, and I'm only 19.

On December 01 2010 08:15 Mr_Kzimir wrote:
BTW (Last question I promise) I know that some feature like "raise lava" / "lower lava" do exist.

What are you thoughts on those feature do you think they could be viable in a "competitive" map.

Sorry if this question is off topic
I think it'd be neat for some sliiiight visual effects. Anything other than that and it takes away from the game since the focus should be on the players actions / army not on the rising lava ect. If it is done it must be done with moderation.

On December 01 2010 09:31 Nienordir wrote:
Just look at Scrap Station, it has a short route blocked by rocks. Instead of that one could use lava/water to block it for the first 5/10 minutes of the game and then open it up for a faster/more interesting late game.
...
Probably not all of these ideas are suited for pro gaming, but stuff like choke size at the nat or blocked paths to make early rushes/all-ins a bit harder..why not? Beautiful elegant solution and not as clunky as rocks, that someone has to kill..if he has time for it.
I think that's the point of having rocks there. You have to make an effort to destroy them while the other player has to make an effort to prevent you from destroying them.

On December 01 2010 10:23 BoomStevo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2010 10:23 BoomStevo wrote:
On December 01 2010 08:19 prodiG wrote:At any rate, don't expect to see anything like that in the iCCup map pool any time soon. However, you can expect us to push the limits of what we/the community seem to think is acceptable.
Obsidian Inferno is a good example of us pushing what we think is acceptable. Who knows? Maybe somewhere down the line we will implement areas of the map that cut themselves off periodically. As much as I'd like to believe I can see the future, I actually can't.
I think a gimmick brings attention to a map and only time will tell it's a worthwhile addition. But I don't want to see gimmicks for the sake of gimmicks; just to stand out from the crowd and grab attention. I don't think that's what you're trying to do, but the road ahead of us may lead to these pitfalls.
Well said. There was a thread that explored the gimmicks of a map and exactly what constitutes a gimmick and what constitutes a feature: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=171697

On December 01 2010 15:36 corpsepose wrote:
just played 7 TvP's (me offracing from my usual zerg) versus one of my longest-standing practice partners using this map pool and it resulted in at least three of the best games we've ever played. infinitely more enjoyable then the ladder maps for sure. it's a travesty that these maps aren't getting quite the attention they deserve
Soon(tm).

On December 02 2010 08:54 MAPPoVe wrote:
I like how destructible rocks don't play a huge role on these maps.
They just limit gameplay so much if put to important positions like a backdoor or somthing. Blocking a gold is fine but mapmackers really should use them wisely.
Taking rocks out is just such a wired thing to change gameplay on a map.
The key to destructible rocks is to place them in areas that can potentially benefit both players if used properly.
ESV Mapmaking Team
caelym
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6430 Posts
December 02 2010 17:58 GMT
#72
from a quick scan of the maps, is it me or do they look too cluttered and complicated? also way too macro oriented with lots of easy thirds.
Matharos
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada211 Posts
December 02 2010 18:10 GMT
#73
ID is Matharos.639 looking to play on ICCUP maps!

I assure you I don't have ferrets in my pants
Neddal
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands85 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-02 19:08:28
December 02 2010 19:05 GMT
#74
On December 01 2010 07:28 iCCup.Diamond wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2010 07:24 jamesr12 wrote:
Edit: still waitng for that big annoucmeant you said you had regarding maps I think in last months map pool thead


It's coming, hopefully soon. It will be worth the wait however.


I bet it is that Blizzard will use the maps in ladder in the next patch!

Diamond said that it would be before next year and guess when the next patch is coming out?

And it is the e-sports patch!
Ragoo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2773 Posts
December 02 2010 23:19 GMT
#75
On December 03 2010 04:05 Neddal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2010 07:28 iCCup.Diamond wrote:
On December 01 2010 07:24 jamesr12 wrote:
Edit: still waitng for that big annoucmeant you said you had regarding maps I think in last months map pool thead


It's coming, hopefully soon. It will be worth the wait however.


I bet it is that Blizzard will use the maps in ladder in the next patch!

Diamond said that it would be before next year and guess when the next patch is coming out?

And it is the e-sports patch!


I doubt that. Diamond keeps complaining about the fact that there's no blue post in his topic on the blizz board

I guess it will be one of the big three (ESL, MLG, GSL) using iCCup Maps in next year's events. I'd bet it's MLG.

Anyway, we will know soon, I just can't wait for it since I'm such a big fan of the idea of seeing new maps , and these maps are just great!

Kinda sad that God's Garden is out, I always thought it just looked beautiful
Member of TPW mapmaking team/// twitter.com/Ragoo_ /// "goody represents border between explainable reason and supernatural" Cloud
Obscura.304
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
150 Posts
December 05 2010 17:39 GMT
#76
If I had to guess, I'd guess that iccup will work with the guys who do sc2rankings.com to create an "iccup ladder" that consists of custom games played on those maps.

With chat channels coming in 1.2, this could actually be viable.
rift
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
1819 Posts
December 08 2010 21:39 GMT
#77
On December 03 2010 08:19 Ragoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2010 04:05 Neddal wrote:
On December 01 2010 07:28 iCCup.Diamond wrote:
On December 01 2010 07:24 jamesr12 wrote:
Edit: still waitng for that big annoucmeant you said you had regarding maps I think in last months map pool thead


It's coming, hopefully soon. It will be worth the wait however.


I bet it is that Blizzard will use the maps in ladder in the next patch!

Diamond said that it would be before next year and guess when the next patch is coming out?

And it is the e-sports patch!


I doubt that. Diamond keeps complaining about the fact that there's no blue post in his topic on the blizz board

I guess it will be one of the big three (ESL, MLG, GSL) using iCCup Maps in next year's events. I'd bet it's MLG.

Anyway, we will know soon, I just can't wait for it since I'm such a big fan of the idea of seeing new maps , and these maps are just great!

Kinda sad that God's Garden is out, I always thought it just looked beautiful


Players won't compete in tournaments that use maps that aren't on the ladder.
Somnolence
Profile Joined August 2010
Lithuania127 Posts
December 08 2010 22:41 GMT
#78
On December 03 2010 08:19 Ragoo wrote:
I doubt that. Diamond keeps complaining about the fact that there's no blue post in his topic on the blizz board


I doubt Blizzard will ever use or even acknowledge anything related to ICCUP.
BoomStevo
Profile Joined August 2010
United States332 Posts
December 08 2010 22:46 GMT
#79
On December 09 2010 06:39 rift wrote:
Players won't compete in tournaments that use maps that aren't on the ladder.

Kind of a bold statement with no argument to back it up. Because in SCBW players only ever competed on Blizzard's ladder maps... right?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=158246 - My Maps
Sayer
Profile Joined August 2009
United States403 Posts
December 08 2010 22:53 GMT
#80
Why do these maps look so much more bad ass then the blizzard maps?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 155
ProTech123
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14741
Rain 1511
GuemChi 877
sorry 35
Bale 16
NaDa 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever434
NeuroSwarm188
LuMiX0
Counter-Strike
taco 437
minikerr26
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1061
Mew2King92
Other Games
summit1g6561
JimRising 542
WinterStarcraft515
C9.Mang0180
ViBE131
Trikslyr60
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick808
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 118
• davetesta42
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt210
Other Games
• Scarra699
• Shiphtur453
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 7m
INu's Battles
9h 7m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
11h 7m
OSC
20h 22m
Replay Cast
21h 7m
OSC
1d 21h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.