• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:13
CEST 11:13
KST 18:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8720 users

SCFusion - WoL, HotS & LotV Build Order Optimizer - Page 66

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 76 Next
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
April 03 2015 04:01 GMT
#1301
Does anyone know how we can contact CarbonTwelve? We need this
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
RedHoodlum
Profile Joined December 2013
United States9 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-29 12:58:24
April 29 2015 12:30 GMT
#1302
Definitely hoping CarbonTwelve hasn't retired from this project, though people have been able to modify things in the XML file before to adjust random times that have been wrong, pointed out in this thread. It's a lot of lines of code though... and the main problem is changing mineral fields/total minerals per base, I don't know that anyone has messed with that stuff.
CarbonTwelve
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia525 Posts
May 18 2015 06:32 GMT
#1303
Rumours of my death were premature! Ok, so maybe there weren't any rumours of my death...

But yeah, been a long time, and I'm sorry for that, but basically between having a second child, my wife having some health issues, me getting cancer, and in general just not playing SC2 in what little time I've had, this project has certainly not been getting much attention.

Anyway, I've had a go at updating the XML file for LotV (and HotS v2.10). AFAIK I don't have access to the beta, so it's not exactly easy for me to actually check any of this stuff, so I'm just going off what I've read so far (basically just adding the new units). I understand that the times have been changed to be in real time, but I don't really have anything to go off to actually use that info, plus I'm not sure if the underlying times have changed, or if it's just the game timer that has been changed (along with tooltips). Until I can actually get the details of what the specific changes are I won't modify any of that stuff, but do note that the output times are for the WoL/HotS times, rather than what the in-game timer will display.

The new XML files can be found here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/scfusion/files/?source=navbar. Just add them to your Versions folder and it should work with SCFusion v1.17.

I'm working on building a new installer for everything, but I've updated to using VS2013, and I'm trying to update WiX to include the new redistributables, but it seems like WiX has completely changed the way they do things, so it'll take me some time to work that out.

I'd appreciate some testing and feedback for LotV in particular.
Arklon
Profile Joined June 2015
2 Posts
June 21 2015 01:01 GMT
#1304
Um, wow, all that IRL stuff hitting you at once is pretty heavy to say the least. Is the cancer readily treatable?

I have access to the LOTV beta. I've used SCFusion to help come up with some novel builds in the past, so I'll give the test version a go when I have a lot of hours to waste running and tweaking the generator I can confirm the timer's been rescaled, such that "fastest" game speed (default for ladder) is now 1:1 with realtime. Displayed build time on tooltips have been rescaled to match, but I'm unsure if they actually changed any build times (in absolute terms) from HOTS.

By the way, get ready to have to update to VS2015 really soon. Assuming they do get in Clang/LLVM support for building generic applications (not just iOS/Android like the RC currently out supports) for the release version like they said they would, it'll be worth grabbing.
Arklon
Profile Joined June 2015
2 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-21 01:03:09
June 21 2015 01:02 GMT
#1305
Edit: Accidental double post, oops
CarbonTwelve
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia525 Posts
July 08 2015 04:35 GMT
#1306
On June 21 2015 10:01 Arklon wrote:
Is the cancer readily treatable?


Yeah, I've had surgery to remove it and to test whether it had spread which came back negative, so aside from a small (although not insignificant) chance that it was a false negative, I should be in the clear.

I have access to the LOTV beta. I've used SCFusion to help come up with some novel builds in the past, so I'll give the test version a go when I have a lot of hours to waste running and tweaking the generator I can confirm the timer's been rescaled, such that "fastest" game speed (default for ladder) is now 1:1 with realtime. Displayed build time on tooltips have been rescaled to match, but I'm unsure if they actually changed any build times (in absolute terms) from HOTS.


Ok, thanks. I might still need to wait to get access myself to confirm the times from SCFusion vs in-game.

By the way, get ready to have to update to VS2015 really soon. Assuming they do get in Clang/LLVM support for building generic applications (not just iOS/Android like the RC currently out supports) for the release version like they said they would, it'll be worth grabbing.


I'm not sure that any of that will actually benefit SCFusion. Clang (with LLVM) mostly improves compile time, not execution performance, so whilst I probably will upgrade I doubt it'll change much for the end result.
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
July 08 2015 07:19 GMT
#1307
Is there something we should test specifically?
Thank you for your work, it will help adept to the new economy!
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
RedHoodlum
Profile Joined December 2013
United States9 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-16 14:49:09
July 16 2015 14:44 GMT
#1308
Congratulations on the second kid! Sorry to hear about all the health issues. Glad to hear the test came back negative.

Hurray for pre-orders and betas for everyone! Will be testing this out SCFusion for it now. There is also a new unit that needs to be added for Terran, the Liberator!

CarbonTwelve
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia525 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-22 06:50:03
July 22 2015 06:48 GMT
#1309
On July 08 2015 16:19 graNite wrote:
Is there something we should test specifically?
Thank you for your work, it will help adept to the new economy!


I guess the first thing would be to check whether build orders still work out, ie, if you forget the times specified, but follow the build order, do the builds still work? Do the mineral counts still line up?

FWIW, if you find you are getting differences, try retesting at a slower speed just in case APM / lag is the cause.

On July 16 2015 23:44 RedHoodlum wrote:
There is also a new unit that needs to be added for Terran, the Liberator!


Rightio, I'll try and add that in over the next couple of days.
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
August 21 2015 04:49 GMT
#1310
With the macro mechanics removed, we need this more than ever! Where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuu
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
bahunto28
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada262 Posts
August 22 2015 22:18 GMT
#1311
was looking for the LoTV SC2 Fusion update. and i realized that i owe Carbon12 many thanks for providing such an awesome tool for WoL and HotS. best health to you and your family. <3
meh
CarbonTwelve
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia525 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-04 00:47:35
September 03 2015 06:44 GMT
#1312
Good news everyone, I've managed to secure a LotV beta key (thanks to Alienware Arena), so this should help a lot with updating SCFusion. I'll be downloading the beta overnight, so I should be able to get a look at it over the weekend.

Edit: Hmm, if only it were that simple. I've installed the beta, and updated my client, even did a scan & repair, but I just can't seem to connect to the beta server. Going to try re-downloading it now.

Edit 2: Re-download has worked. I'm a bit disappointed that the normal Play against AI mode is disabled. Yes, I know you can create a custom game, but that still requires an online connection, and usually I'm testing things on the train / at work where I don't have a reliable connection.

Edit 3: Grrrrr... Literally less than an hour after I remove all references to MULEs / Chrono Boost from the XML file, they've added them back in...
CarbonTwelve
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia525 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-07 06:36:07
September 07 2015 06:03 GMT
#1313
Ok, I have uploaded a preliminary version with LotV support. I haven't had any chance to test it so far, but with how fast the balance updates seem to be coming through I'd thought I'd upload it as is. I still haven't sorted out the WiX installer stuff yet, so I've only got the self extracting installer.

You can find v1.18 with LotV support here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/scfusion/files/?upload_just_completed=true

Edit: I have also added a release to GitHub, if you prefer to download it from there: https://github.com/Carbon-12/SCFusion/releases/tag/v1.18
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-07 07:28:42
September 07 2015 07:22 GMT
#1314
Program could not be started correctly. (0xc000007b)
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
CarbonTwelve
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia525 Posts
September 07 2015 11:29 GMT
#1315
On September 07 2015 16:22 graNite wrote:
Program could not be started correctly. (0xc000007b)


Have you got the VC++ 2013 redistributables installed?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=40784
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
September 07 2015 11:31 GMT
#1316
I just installed it, same error. I am on Win10
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
CarbonTwelve
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia525 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-07 12:36:19
September 07 2015 11:44 GMT
#1317
On September 07 2015 20:31 graNite wrote:
I just installed it, same error. I am on Win10


Hmm, haven't got Windows 10 atm to test with. I might not have set the target environment correctly when building, I'll have to check.

Edit: Hmm, don't think I did. I've just rebuilt it and uploaded it (just as a 7zip file), mind trying that out? It's on SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/scfusion/files/SCFusion_v1.18.7z/download

Edit 2: Just reading some online comments about the error, and some suggest that running as administrator might help, are you able to give that a go?
RedHoodlum
Profile Joined December 2013
United States9 Posts
September 07 2015 12:32 GMT
#1318
Thanks Carbon! Works on Windows 8.1 for me.
CarbonTwelve
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia525 Posts
September 07 2015 13:08 GMT
#1319
On September 07 2015 20:31 graNite wrote:
I just installed it, same error. I am on Win10


Sorry, just to confirm, did you download and install the x86 redistributables?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=40784
Sholip
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
Hungary422 Posts
September 07 2015 13:54 GMT
#1320
Very nice to see this work with LotV as well. (Also quite a bit of annoyance to change it weekly as new patches come out, I would think. ) However, I would have two questions.

1. I recently saw a video about the "best gasless Zerg opener" in LotV. It uses multiple extractor tricks and at 1:50 it has one 2 Hatches, 1 Pool and 18 Drones and 1 Overlord. So I went ahead and set the goal to 2 bases, 2 Hatches, 1 Pool, 18 Drones at 1:50 in hopes that it will confirm the build order in the video.
After a simulation count of 150M it tells me this build order:
+ Show Spoiler +
0:02.00: 50M 0G 3L 12/ 14S - Build Drone
0:35.77: 300M 0G 3L 13/ 14S - Build Hatchery
0:42.14: 50M 0G 3L 12/ 14S - Build Drone
0:48.51: 50M 0G 2L 13/ 14S - Build Drone
1:10.96: 200M 0G 2L 14/ 14S - Build Spawning Pool
1:16.71: 50M 0G 3L 13/ 14S - Build Drone
1:27.52: 100M 0G 2L 14/ 14S - Build Overlord
1:35.63: 75M 0G 2L 14/ 14S - Extractor Trick Drone
1:52.52: 184M 0G 2L 15/ 22S - Build Drone
1:52.52: 134M 0G 1L 16/ 22S - Build Drone
2:01.71: 179M 0G 1L 17/ 22S - Build Drone

Waypoint 1 satisfied:
2:18.71: 318M 0G 2L 18/ 28S
Income: 717M 0G
Buildings: 2 Hatchery 1 Spawning Pool
Units: 18 Drone 2 Overlord
Research:


Conclusions here: everything here seems to be in old HotS time, that's why the build order seems so slow. 2:18 in LotV time would be 1:38, which is already better than the one in the video. Now I have to test it if it actually works in-game, but in theory the one in the vid is actually not the "best" build.
Carbon, I think you should consider using LotV time in this version, because it is currently pretty misleading to be honest. (I'm sure you are already aware that LotV uses real-time now, which is 1.4 times slower than in HotS.)

2. I have not yet tried longer builds, but is the new economy with half the mineral patches being reduced already implemented?

Anyways, thanks for the awesome tool! Looking forward to the future versions. Cheers!
"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer. Also, Zest is best." – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1312
Hyun 635
firebathero 490
Hyuk 396
BeSt 345
Mong 232
Jaedong 203
Soma 174
Shine 82
PianO 77
[ Show more ]
Sexy 54
910 52
Hm[arnc] 44
Mind 43
sSak 41
Shinee 29
ZergMaN 26
Bale 23
yabsab 21
HiyA 17
ZerO 14
Sharp 12
Noble 10
sorry 6
Terrorterran 3
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1116
shoxiejesuss1079
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King326
Other Games
gofns23367
summit1g8161
ceh9631
JimRising 408
KnowMe128
Pyrionflax96
Trikslyr27
Livibee3
ZerO(Twitch)3
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick469
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos890
• Stunt419
Other Games
• Shiphtur347
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 48m
Patches Events
6h 48m
The PondCast
1d
INu's Battles
1d 1h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.