• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:47
CEST 16:47
KST 23:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7977 users

[D] Noobiest thing teammate has done - Page 26

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 32 Next All
telfire
Profile Joined May 2010
United States415 Posts
March 07 2011 04:01 GMT
#501
Fucking scv rushed me
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
March 07 2011 04:24 GMT
#502
On March 07 2011 12:00 holy_war wrote:
Ally in a 2v2 random team started out by going double extractor first then decided to make 3 ROACH WARRENS!!! And then he just sat there making nothing but spore crawlers.


Was that a bronze league game?
It's ridiculous.
Hypemeup
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden2783 Posts
March 07 2011 04:49 GMT
#503
Forcefielded his own ramp preventing my mnms from cleaning up the zerglings/roaches in his base.
jameschang112
Profile Joined December 2010
28 Posts
March 07 2011 09:27 GMT
#504
I am very much use to playing 1v1. I can't stand playing with randoms; which is why I play with my a friend if I do a 2v2. I am a platinum and he's a diamond, but we're very new to 2v2. I take my laptop and am playing at his place. So we're TT and they're ZP. At this point of the game, we have complete map control. I'll done enough harass for us to both be very comfortable just teching up. And we're just expanding at this point to deny them expansions.

I take a xel'naga watchtower, to see a drone scouting around. I take my dozen or so maurader and kill the drone. While I do this, I notice a PF going up in the gold very close to the xel'naga tower.

Me - Oh shit! They're putting up an expansion on the gold.
Teammate - Huh? No they're not.
Me - On shit, he's teching to planetary. I am stimming.
Teammate - Wait..no don't!
Me - Hahah, die mofo! I killed his planetary...why won't my maurauders kill his scvs automatically?
Teammate - That's because they're my scvs! You killed my planetary...they're not even playing terran!

We ended up winning the game handedly, but he gave me grief for that for a while.
DImported
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia149 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-07 12:57:57
March 07 2011 12:54 GMT
#505
i told my protoss ally that the enemy team was making dark templar and to get detection. the dark templar were in his base while his cyber core was just starting
Roeder
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark735 Posts
March 07 2011 14:31 GMT
#506
I had a partner (in random 2v2 of course) that clicked individually on each worker in the start. Took him 20 seconds to get them to work.

I told him, that I'd be thrilled to guide him through a decent build order, since he was toss like me, but he insisted on going the way he was.

He had one zealot as the only unit except probes at 7th minute. We lost. Hard.

Starting off with 2 pylons, 2 forges, 1 gateway, 1 cannon. Double gas. FML.
Starcraft is a mix between chess, poker and a Michael Bay movie.
AKspartan
Profile Joined January 2011
United States126 Posts
March 07 2011 20:21 GMT
#507
It seems like pretty much every random partner I get paired with is looking for the littlest reason to ragequit the game. Like they'll be attacked by the enemy, I tell him I'm coming to help, and he will leave before I even get there, despite the fact that he would've been fine. And of course they never have the capacity to build themselves an army and defend themselves. You have to do everything yourself.
Honestly team games are the home to the worst players in starcraft. Multiple levels below 1v1 bronze. They all need to find a new game to play, because judging from the raging in chat I see before they quit very few of them actually enjoy playing the game.
TempO781
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States100 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-08 02:08:34
March 08 2011 02:07 GMT
#508
(Messed up the link before lol)




Me and my friend, Shade, were doing 4v4 random on Teamspeak and got paired up with some pretty "special" teammates. Quick recap of ours in spoiler below in case you don't want to watch the hilarious video lol.

What are some of the stupidest things your teammates have said/done in a game???

+ Show Spoiler +
We were getting our asses kicked, and we were on a map in which teammates share starting locations. Me and Shade shared a spawn, and Red and Purple team shared a spawn. Red walled his and purple's entry path, and our opponents attacked me and Shade.

We cry for help, but they are nowhere to be found. Come to find out that red's depots were still up, so purple was having difficulty getting out lol. We start telling Red to lower the depot, but he's too busy trying to kill shit.

Shade started yelling at Purple after everything of ours was pretty much dead and Purple says that the reason why he didn't kill the depot to get out of the base was because he didn't want it to affect his score for Team Killing.

Me and Shade die laughing and leave the game shortly after.

Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
March 08 2011 02:08 GMT
#509
On March 07 2011 13:49 Hypemeup wrote:
Forcefielded his own ramp preventing my mnms from cleaning up the zerglings/roaches in his base.

I have accidentally done this multiple times 1v1 OH SHIT instincts kick in lol.
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
March 08 2011 02:09 GMT
#510
one base double spire broodlord rush with no units other than overlords and drones.
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
Amazements
Profile Joined August 2010
United States40 Posts
March 08 2011 02:13 GMT
#511
Killed the SCV building my armory, then we got overrun by mutas.
Mofisto
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom585 Posts
March 08 2011 15:08 GMT
#512
Well I had a fail moment last night. I have my initial build timings down to a t (scv finishing when barracks finishes, then OC, 2nd barracks finishing when marine finishes in first barracks so production lines up etc etc), but last night it was all going wrong. I just didnt have enough mins for some reason. I just couldnt figure out why. I then clocked that my scvs were following another scv. Fucking missclick at the start meant i was rallying on a scv, not the patch. We then got quadrupled 4gated, and as you can imagine I was a great help to my team with my epic marine count (like 5 marines lol)
"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
BossPlaya
Profile Joined September 2010
United States141 Posts
March 13 2011 17:04 GMT
#513
Partner opened EBay -> PF and when I asked him who told him to do that, he responded: "idk it worked before"
Paid tha cost to be The Boss.
woody60707
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1863 Posts
March 14 2011 03:47 GMT
#514
On March 14 2011 02:04 BossPlaya wrote:
Partner opened EBay -> PF and when I asked him who told him to do that, he responded: "idk it worked before"


What wrong with this?
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
June 12 2011 18:22 GMT
#515
Once, I said "Yeah, we should attack." to all to fake out the opponents, then told my partner that I was faking them out, and then he moved all of his marines to the opponents' base and they all died.

A guy I played with a while ago decided that he should open up with 3 pylons and a gateway at 19. He then got completely owned and called me a noob for going pylon, gate, pylon, gas, cyber core.

I gave a guy 1600 minerals so he could build a CC and another barracks. He then queued up marines and marauders at 3 rax until he ran out of minerals, then he did it again when I gave him more money. I proceeded to run out of money

I told my partner once to transition into mass banshees and a few hellions to kill zealots. He then went mass hellion with 3 banshees.

I was doing team monobattles 4v4, went warp prism (lol) and tried to give people money, but they refused. We lost with me having 4000 minerals and 3000 gas because they would not take money from me.

On another Team Monobattle 4v4, every single partner I had decided to go ground to ground after I told them pre-game to mostly go anti air. I had hydralisks as our entire anti air, then they went double mass bc/drops/mass void rays.

I played a 4v4 where everyone was playing standard. We all scouted about 12 collosi from an enemy protoss. 2 of my team mates then pushed out with about 250 marines. Then they went through a choke point, so they were in a single file line. The results weren't pretty.

A guy on my 3v3 team tells me to reaper rush along with him, so I reaper rush really fast. He asks how on earth I got a reaper that fast (4:15). I look at his base and he has just started mining gas.

ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
meadbert
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States681 Posts
June 12 2011 20:03 GMT
#516
This was 4v4. I scout Forge first in an opponent's base and warn my teammates about the impending cannon rush. They say thanks. Just then I notice a cannon warping in on my ramp so I send probes to attack it. Not long after my teammates claims he is being probe rushed. The next few minutes are epic as I fight like crazy to defend the cannons going up, while my teammate is trying like crazy to fend off the probes. Finally a 3rd teammates asks "Please tell me you guys are not attacking each other?!?"

Fail.

So I had mistaken my teammate's cannons for a cannon rush and we had been battling each other over our shared ramp. I apolgized profusely, but two teammates immediatly rage quit.
We did still win though, so I appologized again via PM and he said it was okay since we got the win.
edc
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States666 Posts
June 12 2011 21:28 GMT
#517
In a 2v2, my ally threw down a Forge so I assumed he was going to cannon rush. I used the opportunity to tech hard, as I was assuming he would buy me time. However, when I looked later on at his base, he had completely walled off his ramp with Pylons (no Cannons) and had THREE Zealots BEHIND the pylons.
“There are two kinds of people in this world, those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.” - Clint Eastwood
iamahydralisk
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States813 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-12 22:31:44
June 12 2011 21:54 GMT
#518
I've got a few good ones.

3v3 on Ulaan Deeps, I'm playing with a friend and some random guy. Random guy spawns in top left as Terran. He says "rushing nukes, back me up." We thought he might be kidding but nope, dude was actually rushing nukes. Of course he gets triple rushed and has absolutely nothing to defend himself, and then he blames us for not being able to save him. Saying we're bad teammates, etc... I'm thinking like "what do you expect us to do? suicide our units into theirs? because we don't have enough to save you, so our units will just die if we try." After that, he floated his remaining stuff to my base just to take up space and then he started telling the opponents what we were doing. We ended up losing, of course, because it was basically a 2v3.

I swear, I really don't understand some people. If you're going to use a risky (and quite frankly, stupid) strategy like that, you only have yourself to blame when it doesn't work. I've had quite a few team games where I get random allies who do the stupidest shit, and it makes me laugh that they think I'm a bad teammate for not trying to save them... The fact is, there are times where it's better for the team overall to just let a player die if there's no way to save them. Some people just don't seem to realize that.


Here's another one. 3v3 on Monsoon. Now, if you've played this map a lot, you know it's absolutely Zerg heaven early game because each base having at least two entrances = gg if your opponent can get early lings in. I was doing random teams and I got on a PPP team, and we were against a PZZ team. We're already pretty boned because they have two Z's, but hey, it's not impossible, right? That is, unless one of your allies decides to cannon rush instead of walling off... One of my P allies did just that, and as expected, lings got in through his base and murdered our other ally. It's even worse because the cannon rusher was in the middle, so the lings could easily get to everyone's bases from his. I actually had both of my chokes walled (I was on the right), but it didn't matter because it was basically a 1v3 at that point and I couldn't even expand.

Near the end of the game, I raged at him a bit and he was like "I cannoned the toss," and I was like "and in the process, you left all of our bases open to lings. gj."


I've a lot of other games where I just get these inexplicably bad teammates, but not too many where they did one specific bad thing. I'll post more if I remember them.
"well if youre looking for long term, go safe, if you expect it to end either way, go risky. wow. just like sc2" - friend of mine when I asked him which girl to pick
iamahydralisk
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States813 Posts
June 12 2011 21:58 GMT
#519
Just thought of another one. Pretty old, but still. 2v2 on Tarsonis Assault, I'm on a TT team against a ZZ team. My ally goes two rax but doesn't wall at all. Pretty sure you can guess what happens from there.
"well if youre looking for long term, go safe, if you expect it to end either way, go risky. wow. just like sc2" - friend of mine when I asked him which girl to pick
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
June 13 2011 00:10 GMT
#520
Once my Terran Teammate left because I built a supply depot to seal our mutual wall and it got in the way of his barracks building an addon. So instead of LIFTING IT OFF, he left the game.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 32 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 432
ProTech141
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32484
Bisu 3049
Shuttle 1749
Hyuk 1358
EffOrt 753
Mini 672
Larva 347
Soma 284
firebathero 246
ZerO 242
[ Show more ]
Zeus 110
hero 95
Last 81
Sexy 78
Mong 45
Hyun 44
Killer 42
Pusan 36
ToSsGirL 36
PianO 32
Bale 31
Trap 29
Aegong 28
Hm[arnc] 23
sorry 20
zelot 16
Rock 11
JulyZerg 11
Noble 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Sacsri 9
Icarus 7
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7894
qojqva1507
Dendi778
Counter-Strike
fl0m2439
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1296
crisheroes982
Liquid`Hasu566
Lowko444
Other Games
singsing2275
B2W.Neo1343
Beastyqt494
Livibee218
Hui .208
Liquid`VortiX147
KnowMe112
ArmadaUGS91
Mew2King88
elazer67
CosmosSc2 21
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream68
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 38
• Adnapsc2 4
• poizon28 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8409
• WagamamaTV193
League of Legends
• Jankos2022
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 13m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 13m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 13m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 13m
INu's Battles
21h 13m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.