• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:57
CEST 09:57
KST 16:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9243 users

[D] Noobiest thing teammate has done - Page 27

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 32 Next All
DrivE
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States2554 Posts
June 13 2011 00:14 GMT
#521
I once had a teammate who went mass marines- no upgrades for anything.
We lost.
LUCK IS NO EXCUSE
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
June 13 2011 00:58 GMT
#522
On June 13 2011 09:14 DrivE wrote:
I once had a teammate who went mass marines- no upgrades for anything.
We lost.

Not as bad as a giant conga line of 250 marines running into 12 collosi... Sigh...
I'm surprised we won that game.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
therockmanxx
Profile Joined July 2010
Peru1174 Posts
June 13 2011 01:05 GMT
#523
Wow sc2 takes the word noob to a whole new level ...
Tekken ProGamer
valheru
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia966 Posts
June 13 2011 01:12 GMT
#524
A friend of mine is toss who opened up with gas gas pylon gate gate (no push and he barely built lots) core NO WARPGATE stargate stargate mass voids. luckily he changed it so something slightly less shit.
I reject your reality and substitute my own
gamerkhang
Profile Joined July 2010
United States152 Posts
June 13 2011 01:16 GMT
#525
Had an enemy (he was an unranked, allied with a diamond) that went and built 3 pylons to block off his ramp. Then he built a forge and 2 cannons, and massed probes the whole game. I got hallucination ASAP, made a proxy pylon, hallu'd colossi, went in with 15 stalkers on his ramp, and killed him. His teammate couldn't help him because of the pylon wall.
You don't need a counter-strategy, just a completely whoopass one.
ZuRbii
Profile Joined January 2011
United States58 Posts
June 13 2011 01:18 GMT
#526
I joined a random 3v3. I play toss and had two terran teammates. I build up some units and say "lets attack someone" to which they both reply "ok lets go" so i move out, destroy a zerg expansion, go into the main, destroy a pool or something, eventually lose my army, and start warping in some units at my base to defend a counter attack. The other two zerg teammates had a ton of mutas at this time, they all wiped out my base, and now I'm pissed because my terran teammates havent helped with anything and now i have nothing left. I look to see what they're doing. Their answer to mass mutas?.......... Mass seige tanks.... Thanks for the help guys.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46483 Posts
June 13 2011 01:23 GMT
#527
On June 13 2011 09:14 DrivE wrote:
I once had a teammate who went mass marines- no upgrades for anything.
We lost.


Sometimes when I'm bored and playing 2v2 with a friend in a lower league, I'll play off-race as Terran, go 6rax with no gas, have my friend dump me 125 gas (for just one tech lab and combat shields), and we'll just roll our opponents as TXvXX. With good micro, masses of marines are ridiculously strong against most builds. We just overrun them with numbers. Works pretty well in diamond and master league too.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Yeol
Profile Joined March 2011
Korea (South)55 Posts
June 13 2011 07:16 GMT
#528
2v2 in omega sector (last season, long time ago)

He made like 1 billion supply depots and command centers. Watched the replay from his POV it looks like he loved zooming in and out of his command centers. I see. He must be enjoying the graphics from his new PC.

iamahydralisk
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States813 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-15 21:49:02
June 15 2011 21:46 GMT
#529
Just had one. 3v3 on Cinder Fortress, I go 16 nexus at one of the middle high ground expos. You might be saying "wtf 16 nexus in a 3v3," but it's actually really effective if you macro well. Anyways, one of my teammates started giving me a ton of crap for it. The 16 nexus ended up working and I pretty much carried the team through my macro. Fast forward to the end, we lose and the player who was giving me crap says "we were too far behind" before leaving.

Wheel on over to the score screen, and the dude was in dead last because he never expanded and only made 23 workers the entire game (22 minutes long).


Gotta love it when someone who's so obviously inferior to you tries to tell you how to play the game.
"well if youre looking for long term, go safe, if you expect it to end either way, go risky. wow. just like sc2" - friend of mine when I asked him which girl to pick
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
June 15 2011 21:49 GMT
#530
My ally went for a 6 rax,..... no not 6 raxes.... rax @ 6 supply....
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
K3Nyy
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1961 Posts
June 15 2011 21:51 GMT
#531
There has been sooooooooo much noob things my teammates have done.

The latest one is one of my teammates in 3v3 takes my natural expo and then takes his own as well. I was like "wtf? you better do something then" At the end, I was so starved and couldn't produce anything off one base and when that guy leaves, I suddenly get 7k minerals and 3k gas.

...
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
June 15 2011 21:56 GMT
#532
One of my best friends consistently forgets to expo and around 14 minutes he'll coyly mention over skype, So can I have 400 minerals? I just ran out of minerals in the base and I need to expand.


Thanks man. Thanks.

(And we're in plat...)
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
ODKStevez
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland1225 Posts
June 15 2011 21:58 GMT
#533
Worst thing for me was when I played with someone I diddn't know.
Luppa <3
unrev
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada46 Posts
June 15 2011 22:02 GMT
#534
I was playing in diamond league with random team, the dude opened with 3 pylons then 1 gate.
XiGua
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden3085 Posts
June 15 2011 22:08 GMT
#535
Noobiest thing a teammate has done with me was one time during the beta. He split his workers like one after another each seperately. Now this is viable if you hold F1 and click on each patch but HE did it SO SLOW. I was like OMG, mine with your workers. He was also making 1 barracks and some marines, built nothing more during the whole game. I was protoss at that time and only knew how to play gimmicky and went for mass void rays, well we won that game because of me.

Next game, I see the loading screen, I check who my ally is and omgwtfbbq won't you believe this? IT'S THE SAME DAMN GUY FROM THE LAST GAME. But I wasn't sure, though he confirmed it for me pretty convincingly after I saw him split his workers.... GG, we lost that second game.
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) APM, Why u make me spam?
Micket
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2163 Posts
June 15 2011 22:09 GMT
#536
My partner asks what build is good as protoss?

I tell him 9 pylon 12 gate...

So he made 9 pylons and 12 gateways.
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
June 15 2011 22:10 GMT
#537
On June 16 2011 07:09 Micket wrote:
My partner asks what build is good as protoss?

I tell him 9 pylon 12 gate...

So he made 9 pylons and 12 gateways.

Still better than a 6 rax opening...
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
stokes17
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1411 Posts
June 15 2011 22:13 GMT
#538
On June 16 2011 07:09 Micket wrote:
My partner asks what build is good as protoss?

I tell him 9 pylon 12 gate...

So he made 9 pylons and 12 gateways.


was his name cellawerra? :-P
Hellwitch
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada272 Posts
June 15 2011 22:17 GMT
#539
I played a 3v3 (somewhere around Gold level) where one of my teammate kept dropping his mules on his Command Center. And of course, he didn't bother to move them at all so they all died a slow and painfull death.
“I think the MVP title for today goes to Airman Firebathero because he is the one who grabbed the enemy commander and threw himself into the river.” - PianO
Ysellian
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands9029 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-15 22:21:06
June 15 2011 22:20 GMT
#540
On June 13 2011 09:10 TheAwesomeTemplar wrote:
Once my Terran Teammate left because I built a supply depot to seal our mutual wall and it got in the way of his barracks building an addon. So instead of LIFTING IT OFF, he left the game.


loool! Did you manage to win in the end?
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 32 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 199
Shinee 91
Hyun 85
Killer 48
Snow 48
Hm[arnc] 46
Bale 24
ZergMaN 19
sorry 18
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm151
League of Legends
JimRising 655
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King88
Other Games
summit1g7929
WinterStarcraft502
ArmadaUGS72
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick762
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream179
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2332
League of Legends
• Lourlo1544
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 3m
INu's Battles
4h 3m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
7h 3m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 3m
Replay Cast
15h 3m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 3h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.