• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:36
CEST 23:36
KST 06:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13948 users

Fruitseller (Cool) may change his race in GSL #2 - Page 74

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 89 Next
IdrA
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States11541 Posts
September 26 2010 12:08 GMT
#1461
On September 26 2010 20:29 iG.ClouD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2010 17:45 Castles wrote:
have any big name terran players ever talked about swapping to zerg?
just curious

The thing is all Terran matchups are interesting and fun to play, while ZvZ isn't just appealing at all. ZvP seems very bad and cheesy aswell.

thats all opinion, i dont find any of the terran matchups much fun at all
http://www.splitreason.com/product/1152 release the gracken tshirt now available
Zavior
Profile Joined August 2009
Finland753 Posts
September 26 2010 12:10 GMT
#1462
On September 26 2010 20:49 st3roids wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2010 16:31 LaLLsc2 wrote:
Nothing that cool does matters unless he puts some major W's in his repitwa. Im talkin about wins people!


Rofl he won the world cup for starters


World cup what? Never even heard of this
Keula
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany157 Posts
September 26 2010 12:20 GMT
#1463
Im looking forward to the day the game is balanced. Players deserve to be ranked by the amount of practice / effort and heart they put into this game and not by imbalances.

Id love to see players like Idra representing the Zerg race in the future :-)
EG fan
Sensator
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia377 Posts
September 26 2010 12:25 GMT
#1464
On September 26 2010 20:45 Chewits wrote:
All Zerg needs, is a Scourge like unit for Air. This would help them defend vs multi drops from Terran... who have become just too mobile.


Scourge and Lurker would make Zerg so much more viable.
osten
Profile Joined March 2008
Sweden316 Posts
September 26 2010 12:37 GMT
#1465
Sure I am zerg and I don't feel underpowered atm, but it sure feels like I have less options.

Take for instance neural parasite. I used to get this spell and use it, then they suddenly nerfed it. I continued to use it because it was already incorporated against certain strategies. Great, but then they nerfed it again. Even tough I didn't win games with it I thought, well maybe it was too powerful and still continued to use it. Then they nerfed it.

At this point it was not in any counter build I had and I only got it on certain occations. Then they nerfed it again. Needless to say I stopped using it completely, since the upgrade cost is a complete waste, and since then guess what; they nerfed it again!?

I would like to know why, if Blizzard really does all these fancy tests they proclaim how they can arrive at nerfbatting something so hard that it's really like the worse spells in starcraft 1, just there and not used at all. It's like a kid trying to balance, overdoing it at every turn.. Even tough it's not the same, my younger self played Druid in wow for 2 years and the same thing was there; 7% of total population was druids and while they did fix it eventually it went on for two years. I know it's not the same but the concensus from that is: There's really no point in trying to persuade Blizzard. Even pure statistics won't wake them up always. Even you guys are defending them saying "obviously the amount of players and/or players in tournaments dosen't mean this and that..." If you are clean in the head then, yes, statistics are the best tool. Ever. Should not be ignored.
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
September 26 2010 12:39 GMT
#1466
On September 26 2010 20:35 Fantistic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2010 20:29 iG.ClouD wrote:
On September 26 2010 17:45 Castles wrote:
have any big name terran players ever talked about swapping to zerg?
just curious

The thing is all Terran matchups are interesting and fun to play, while ZvZ isn't just appealing at all. ZvP seems very bad and cheesy aswell.


Personally, I find ZvZ more fun than TvT. It's a much more mobile match-up.

There's probably people who get off to having their balls put in a vice, that doesn't change how the general consensus feels about something
aTnClouD
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Italy2428 Posts
September 26 2010 12:57 GMT
#1467
On September 26 2010 21:08 IdrA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2010 20:29 iG.ClouD wrote:
On September 26 2010 17:45 Castles wrote:
have any big name terran players ever talked about swapping to zerg?
just curious

The thing is all Terran matchups are interesting and fun to play, while ZvZ isn't just appealing at all. ZvP seems very bad and cheesy aswell.

thats all opinion, i dont find any of the terran matchups much fun at all

There's so much difference between Terran and Zerg that most of the Terran player won't want to switch because it's not appealing to them. It's not just about balance. I was considering switching race because I'm fed of all the TvT randomness, but Zerg is just another game (which I don't like and also most of the top european terrans I've spoken with).
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/hunter692007/kruemelmonsteryn0.gif
abrasion
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia722 Posts
September 26 2010 13:03 GMT
#1468
On September 26 2010 15:50 DarkspearTribe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2010 15:47 abrasion wrote:
On September 25 2010 01:19 LittleeD wrote:
On September 24 2010 02:46 Abdiel wrote:
On September 24 2010 02:42 fnaticAugury wrote:
People also need to relax, this same thing happened in Wc3.


Oh my god if this game becomes another warcraft 3 I don't know what I'll do...


I propose enjoy. WC3 was and of course still is an absolutely awesome game.



I adore War3 but I'd speculate you're not an Undead player.

And I suspect your nowhere close to be top player to blame balance for sucking at WC3


What does my skill have to do with imbalance - your terrible attempt to throw chip is pointless.
When you can predict the outcome of an Orc vs UD match at the top level due to known imbalance, noted by the pros, it's probably best if you stop talking.
Actually, definitely best if you do.
derpmods
LG)Sabbath
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Argentina3024 Posts
September 26 2010 17:10 GMT
#1469
for drops... spore crawlers?
https://www.twitch.tv/argsabbath/
Goliathsorrow
Profile Joined September 2010
Italy317 Posts
September 26 2010 17:10 GMT
#1470
On September 25 2010 21:54 kasuya wrote:
tested, it doesn't work on a PDD anymore, says it can't target structures... gg blizzard

That does not make any sense.

Feedback works on a raven which has no pilot yet does not work on pdd ?

I can understand that fb doesn't work on the orbital command (could be imba I guess) but pdd ?
Impervious
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada4222 Posts
September 26 2010 17:58 GMT
#1471
On September 26 2010 21:57 iG.ClouD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2010 21:08 IdrA wrote:
On September 26 2010 20:29 iG.ClouD wrote:
On September 26 2010 17:45 Castles wrote:
have any big name terran players ever talked about swapping to zerg?
just curious

The thing is all Terran matchups are interesting and fun to play, while ZvZ isn't just appealing at all. ZvP seems very bad and cheesy aswell.

thats all opinion, i dont find any of the terran matchups much fun at all

There's so much difference between Terran and Zerg that most of the Terran player won't want to switch because it's not appealing to them. It's not just about balance. I was considering switching race because I'm fed of all the TvT randomness, but Zerg is just another game (which I don't like and also most of the top european terrans I've spoken with).

Can you explain what you mean by "TvT randomness"?
~ \(ˌ)im-ˈpər-vē-əs\ : not capable of being damaged or harmed.
ktffang
Profile Joined July 2009
United States120 Posts
September 26 2010 19:49 GMT
#1472
On September 27 2010 02:10 Goliathsorrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2010 21:54 kasuya wrote:
tested, it doesn't work on a PDD anymore, says it can't target structures... gg blizzard

That does not make any sense.

Feedback works on a raven which has no pilot yet does not work on pdd ?

I can understand that fb doesn't work on the orbital command (could be imba I guess) but pdd ?

I thought a raven has a pilot. YOu just don't see his face, he doesn't turn around.
7 times dowm, 8 times up
Goliathsorrow
Profile Joined September 2010
Italy317 Posts
September 26 2010 20:45 GMT
#1473
On September 27 2010 04:49 ktffang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2010 02:10 Goliathsorrow wrote:
On September 25 2010 21:54 kasuya wrote:
tested, it doesn't work on a PDD anymore, says it can't target structures... gg blizzard

That does not make any sense.

Feedback works on a raven which has no pilot yet does not work on pdd ?

I can understand that fb doesn't work on the orbital command (could be imba I guess) but pdd ?

I thought a raven has a pilot. YOu just don't see his face, he doesn't turn around.

I think that is just a random guy from "HQ".

The actual thing that controls the Raven is an AI that is the thing talking to u and u can see his face on the screen of the HQ guy.

Or maybe the guy is guiding it and is helped by that AI but then I would not understand why is the IA speaking to us and not the guy.

mierin
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4943 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-26 21:06:08
September 26 2010 21:04 GMT
#1474
On September 26 2010 20:33 Fantistic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2010 18:50 Punkstar wrote:
On September 26 2010 18:07 berzerger wrote:
On September 26 2010 17:45 Castles wrote:
have any big name terran players ever talked about swapping to zerg?
just curious


MorroW "suggested" to switch to zerg to prove that zerg is not UP. But no top terran officially talked about switching for good.

He said something along the line of " I can win any tournament with zerg". But after seeing him play and trashtalk yesterday i guess it was just another troll atempt.


Like he'd ever do that.
The man won't keep his word because he knows that it would be the end of his career.


Wow...I never really cared for MorroW, but that's the most ridiculous trash talk I've ever heard. By all means, play Zerg and win a tournament.
JD, Stork, Calm, Hyuk Fighting!
aztrorisk
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States896 Posts
September 26 2010 21:11 GMT
#1475
I think they should give zerg a new unit.
A lock that opens to many keys is a bad lock. A key that opens many locks is a master key.
Honeybadger
Profile Joined August 2010
United States821 Posts
September 26 2010 23:13 GMT
#1476

That's stupid. Nobody should be playing SC for a living, maybe as an experience or something, but those who try to make a living off it deserve to get screwd. It's just a game.

unfortunately you have no idea what the rest of the world is like. It's a profession in Korea. A legitimate profession, just like sports are here.

But football is "just a game"

yeah, right.

Zerg needs a hard looking at these days. And this is coming from a terran.
"I like to tape my thumbs to my hands to see what it would be like to be a dinosaur."
Honeybadger
Profile Joined August 2010
United States821 Posts
September 26 2010 23:14 GMT
#1477
On September 27 2010 02:10 LG)Sabbath wrote:
for drops... spore crawlers?


Way too weak a unit. only worth it to counter banshee harass. Nothing else.
"I like to tape my thumbs to my hands to see what it would be like to be a dinosaur."
Honeybadger
Profile Joined August 2010
United States821 Posts
September 26 2010 23:24 GMT
#1478

Scourge and Lurker would make Zerg so much more viable.


I can't even begin to describe how amazing and balanced scourge would be. and no, that's not sarcasm.
"I like to tape my thumbs to my hands to see what it would be like to be a dinosaur."
Gackt_
Profile Joined March 2010
335 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-26 23:42:59
September 26 2010 23:37 GMT
#1479
On September 27 2010 06:11 aztrorisk wrote:
I think they should give zerg a new unit.



I actually agree with this.

Cuz Zerg got only 9 units that can be used while attacking and do damage (I dont count queen obviously..)
Zergling, Baneling, Roach, Hydra, Infestor, Mutalisk, Corrupt, Broodlord, Ultras
(yeah Im counting the useless and slow Hydra...even though it cant move outside the creep...)


Terran is sitting with 11 units that can attack.
Marine, Marauder, Ghost, Reaper, Hellion, Banshee, Viking, Battlecruiser, Tanks, Thor, Raven



Protoss got 12 units that can be used while attacking.
Zealot, Stalker, Sentry, Immortal, Collosus, Dark Templar, High Templar, Archon, Voidray, Phoenix, Carrier, Mothership.


This is one of the major reasons why Zerg cant do shit early game, they dont have enough units/options, it's a fact. This suprises me still..I dont think people realize what 1-2 units extra could've done for the Zerg..


edit:
notice how flexible the terran and protoss units are aswell compared to the zerg..the other races can get away from a battle easier than zerg..just saying.


AJMcSpiffy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1154 Posts
September 26 2010 23:45 GMT
#1480
On September 26 2010 21:10 Zavior wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2010 20:49 st3roids wrote:
On September 26 2010 16:31 LaLLsc2 wrote:
Nothing that cool does matters unless he puts some major W's in his repitwa. Im talkin about wins people!


Rofl he won the world cup for starters


World cup what? Never even heard of this

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/17173_Starcraft_2_World_Cup

And one of the changes I would love is a quicker build time on spine crawlers. I don't think they should be instant, but a little quicker would help out a lot. I also would strongly support the addition of the Lurker and Scourge back into the swarm.
If the quarter was in your right hand, that would've been micro
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 89 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O156
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15636
Calm 1911
Shuttle 294
White-Ra 251
ZZZero.O 156
Mini 125
Sacsri 4
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm54
League of Legends
Doublelift2963
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5007
Other Games
summit1g9193
FrodaN2088
Liquid`RaSZi2076
fl0m2068
crisheroes283
C9.Mang0255
ToD204
Livibee188
Pyrionflax173
IndyStarCraft 166
Mew2King51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1110
StarCraft 2
angryscii 25
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 33
• Hupsaiya 31
• Adnapsc2 25
• Sammyuel 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki40
• blackmanpl 27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1617
• Shiphtur674
• WagamamaTV309
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 25m
Replay Cast
1h 25m
OSC
14h 25m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.