• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:01
CEST 11:01
KST 18:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202616Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6853 users

Gosucoaching.com - temporary stasis - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
EleanorRIgby
Profile Joined March 2008
Canada3923 Posts
September 01 2010 22:02 GMT
#41
On September 02 2010 06:43 Manifesto7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
For students on the list of those who have paid but never got scheduled - please file a dispute, with your details, through PayPal. I realize it would be far more courteous and professional to gather those details and contact people individually, but along the lines of the scheduling work and other mentioned above - I simply do not have the time.


That is unbelievably weak."We will be up and running for your future business but in the mean time everyone who has already paid has to get their money back on their own". Unreal.


they just have no time for there paying customers man
savior did nothing wrong
theshin2007
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States133 Posts
September 01 2010 22:07 GMT
#42
I feel that this very well may be a case of inexperienced business owners encountering unforeseen issues, however, if you are trying to perform some sort of 'damage control', actions will speak louder than words. By forcing your customers to go through a PayPal dispute, (a nightmare for anyone who hasn't had to dispute a transaction) you are increasing the fallout of this bad situation, and making it worse. I feel that you should issue, if not a personal email, some sort of form email, and sort out the refunds process on your end. This would create good faith among a community, which I believe to be a major customer base. How a company handles errors speaks volumes about how they will conduct business in future ventures, and customers recognize this.

Louder
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States2276 Posts
September 01 2010 22:08 GMT
#43
On September 02 2010 06:43 Manifesto7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
For students on the list of those who have paid but never got scheduled - please file a dispute, with your details, through PayPal. I realize it would be far more courteous and professional to gather those details and contact people individually, but along the lines of the scheduling work and other mentioned above - I simply do not have the time.


That is unbelievably weak."We will be up and running for your future business but in the mean time everyone who has already paid has to get their money back on their own". Unreal.


I would prefer to be more proactive on this, I'm just dealing with a close family members death and the associated travel, then travelling for my day job next week. With the state of our organization this is the best and fastest way to get a refund. Obviously I won't be keeping money people are owes but fail to explicitly ask for, it may just take longer.
Footymd
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada105 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-01 22:45:00
September 01 2010 22:44 GMT
#44
I think that its a classic example of some one trying to take a simple idea, and it exploding into something more then they expected/could handle. I hope that you can get every one their refund and have every thing sorted out.

I think you need to bring on people that their sole purpose is to do the logistics of the site, and not take on the burden yourself.

PM me if you are looking for help, or man power to aid with the admin of your site.
xyos
Profile Joined August 2010
107 Posts
September 01 2010 22:47 GMT
#45
I love how everyone laughed at me, when I said they refused to contact me for weeks
Footymd
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada105 Posts
September 01 2010 22:55 GMT
#46
On September 02 2010 07:47 xyos wrote:
I love how everyone laughed at me, when I said they refused to contact me for weeks


I dont think it was so much as refused then it was under a pile of emails,
monad
Profile Joined March 2010
United States156 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-01 22:56:02
September 01 2010 22:55 GMT
#47
On September 02 2010 07:08 Louder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2010 06:43 Manifesto7 wrote:
For students on the list of those who have paid but never got scheduled - please file a dispute, with your details, through PayPal. I realize it would be far more courteous and professional to gather those details and contact people individually, but along the lines of the scheduling work and other mentioned above - I simply do not have the time.


That is unbelievably weak."We will be up and running for your future business but in the mean time everyone who has already paid has to get their money back on their own". Unreal.


I would prefer to be more proactive on this, I'm just dealing with a close family members death and the associated travel, then travelling for my day job next week. With the state of our organization this is the best and fastest way to get a refund. Obviously I won't be keeping money people are owes but fail to explicitly ask for, it may just take longer.


Can you say anything about why the coaches aren't getting paid, even if only for a "small window" (where by "small window" i mean up to 3 weeks)? Are they not getting paid for lessons that they conducted, or are they not getting paid for lessons that were scheduled but never delivered?

See the other thread, starting here.

If the reason they're not getting paid is because you need to be able to cover mass paypal chargeback penalties, then I'm sorry but I feel this is unacceptable.
DeckOneBell
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States526 Posts
September 01 2010 23:01 GMT
#48
I don't understand the general good will and encouragement in this thread. At this point in time, the founder of the company, and the company's second in command, have publicly announced different stories about the current going ons of GosuCoaching. As a consumer, it seems unrealistic to trust GosuCoaching at the moment, when they haven't even properly refunded every costumer for money put down in expectation of services to be rendered.

Incontrol, arguably the public figurehead has claimed GosuCoaching is in fact shutting down, while Louder, the manager of GosuCoaching claims a temporary hiatus.

If GosuCoaching did not have the members associated with TeamLiquid as it does, I'd personally bet the attitude would be completely and entirely different. Which is to say, personal biases and friendships are obviously shown in this situation.
GreatFall
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1061 Posts
September 01 2010 23:10 GMT
#49
This is the only business I have ever heard of where they closed due to 'to much' interest and success. Also, Louder as I wrote in the xyos' blog I think it was pretty shitty of you to call out INcontroL as someone who is lying and trying to sabotage gosugaming. Real class act.
Inventor of the 'Burning Tide' technique to quickly getting Outmatched Crusher achivement :D
Genovi
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden388 Posts
September 01 2010 23:13 GMT
#50
01 DeckOneBell wrote:
I don't understand the general good will and encouragement in this thread. At this point in time, the founder of the company, and the company's second in command, have publicly announced different stories about the current going ons of GosuCoaching. As a consumer, it seems unrealistic to trust GosuCoaching at the moment, when they haven't even properly refunded every costumer for money put down in expectation of services to be rendered.

Incontrol, arguably the public figurehead has claimed GosuCoaching is in fact shutting down, while Louder, the manager of GosuCoaching claims a temporary hiatus.

If GosuCoaching did not have the members associated with TeamLiquid as it does, I'd personally bet the attitude would be completely and entirely different. Which is to say, personal biases and friendships are obviously shown in this situation.


Personal biases are not anything new or weird. They are simply a fact. Objective truth cannot be percieved (even though it exists in theory). InControl has a great reputation that he did not gain by being useless and running poor businesses. His reputation is well deserved which is proven by the general support from this community.

The fact that they both have different stories just strengthens their claims of intra-communication issues.

I can't believe that you are getting this upset over a business failing it's administrative aspects, especially in a time where banks are going bankrupt left and right (I'm not misinterpreting the failure as bankrupcy just stating that bigger and more solid companies fall as well).

GoseCouaching with all of it's coaches including inControl and Louder has my full respect for attempting to create a successful business out of something we all love. Unfortunately it seems that good StarCraft players are not as adept businessmen. What I am trying to say is that the initiative in itself should not be discouraged.

Regarding monetary issues I have nothing to say really, I do not have a personal stake in this since GosuCoaching does not owe me any money but I understand customers being dissapointed. I just hope that the community is not as unforgiving as with other things (Combat-Ex) and acknowledges the effort put in by the staff.

TL;DR A for effort.
We fucking lost team - RTZ
AgentMulder
Profile Joined August 2010
United States54 Posts
September 01 2010 23:13 GMT
#51
On September 02 2010 08:10 GreatFall wrote:
This is the only business I have ever heard of where they closed due to 'to much' interest and success. Also, Louder as I wrote in the xyos' blog I think it was pretty shitty of you to call out INcontroL as someone who is lying and trying to sabotage gosugaming. Real class act.


It appears he got *sunglasses* out of control.
I watch Day9 to learn, Husky to laugh, and HD when I feel like facepalming.
DeckOneBell
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States526 Posts
September 01 2010 23:17 GMT
#52
On September 02 2010 08:13 Genovi wrote:
Show nested quote +
01 DeckOneBell wrote:
I don't understand the general good will and encouragement in this thread. At this point in time, the founder of the company, and the company's second in command, have publicly announced different stories about the current going ons of GosuCoaching. As a consumer, it seems unrealistic to trust GosuCoaching at the moment, when they haven't even properly refunded every costumer for money put down in expectation of services to be rendered.

Incontrol, arguably the public figurehead has claimed GosuCoaching is in fact shutting down, while Louder, the manager of GosuCoaching claims a temporary hiatus.

If GosuCoaching did not have the members associated with TeamLiquid as it does, I'd personally bet the attitude would be completely and entirely different. Which is to say, personal biases and friendships are obviously shown in this situation.


Personal biases are not anything new or weird. They are simply a fact. Objective truth cannot be percieved (even though it exists in theory). InControl has a great reputation that he did not gain by being useless and running poor businesses. His reputation is well deserved which is proven by the general support from this community.

The fact that they both have different stories just strengthens their claims of intra-communication issues.

I can't believe that you are getting this upset over a business failing it's administrative aspects, especially in a time where banks are going bankrupt left and right (I'm not misinterpreting the failure as bankrupcy just stating that bigger and more solid companies fall as well).

GoseCouaching with all of it's coaches including inControl and Louder has my full respect for attempting to create a successful business out of something we all love. Unfortunately it seems that good StarCraft players are not as adept businessmen. What I am trying to say is that the initiative in itself should not be discouraged.

Regarding monetary issues I have nothing to say really, I do not have a personal stake in this since GosuCoaching does not owe me any money but I understand customers being dissapointed. I just hope that the community is not as unforgiving as with other things (Combat-Ex) and acknowledges the effort put in by the staff.

TL;DR A for effort.


I'm just personally surprised by the amount of support they're currently receiving. Mostly, I'm trying to bring up the point that the support seems misplaced in this particular organization. Maybe not the specific members. I suppose I disagree with you and I would prefer the community be less forgiving and generally more negative in response to their actions so far.

If you want to talk more, I don't mind talking in PMs, and I do understand your position, and don't necessarily frown upon it, it's just our particular argument is probably off-topic now.
rackdude
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States882 Posts
September 01 2010 23:19 GMT
#53
Make it so the coaches just give a 2 hour (or so) block that's open and have people schedule it in there. Consistence makes it easier to do it at you're scale. I hope it all works out!
Sweet.
monad
Profile Joined March 2010
United States156 Posts
September 01 2010 23:21 GMT
#54
On September 02 2010 08:10 GreatFall wrote:
This is the only business I have ever heard of where they closed due to 'to much' interest and success. Also, Louder as I wrote in the xyos' blog I think it was pretty shitty of you to call out INcontroL as someone who is lying and trying to sabotage gosugaming. Real class act.


You're kind of misrepresenting what happened. Nobody closes due to too much interest. They close due to not being able to HANDLE too much business. Plenty of companies, even large corporations, have grown faster than they were prepared to handle and suffered the consequences.

He claims he wants to rebuild with a more scalable business model. But it's difficult to make that happen overnight. Only time will tell if it's going to work or if the negative fallout from this event will have done too much damage.

Not that I'm taking his side or anything. Quite the contrary, I still want an explanation for why coaches didn't get paid for lessons delivered.
PokePill
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1048 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-01 23:30:15
September 01 2010 23:29 GMT
#55
On September 02 2010 08:10 GreatFall wrote:
This is the only business I have ever heard of where they closed due to 'to much' interest and success. Also, Louder as I wrote in the xyos' blog I think it was pretty shitty of you to call out INcontroL as someone who is lying and trying to sabotage gosugaming. Real class act.


I was going to say how ridiculous this is as well because it is not exactly hard to set up a php/asp/jsp website that can handle something like this, and even automate scheduling and process payments. But you can't expect them to have anticipated thousands of people wanting lessons at a video game. I'm sure the workload expected was like 1% of what they received. I don't know how you can expect someone working a full time job and dealing with real life issues to possibly have foreseen or have been able to handle this.

It just goes to show how lucrative this market really is, or how good they were at advertising their brand.
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-01 23:32:59
September 01 2010 23:31 GMT
#56
On September 02 2010 07:47 xyos wrote:
I love how everyone laughed at me, when I said they refused to contact me for weeks


we laughed at the fact you called it a scam website, not that they didn't contact you.

I think one flaw in the plan is people pay potentially days beforehand, sign up for a time slot to get coaching, and go on. With the overload of people signing up that just means people will have to wait weeks to get on. Instead maybe a small timeline of hours the coaches are avialable can be put up, and a little grey button that says "purchase this time slot".
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
September 01 2010 23:31 GMT
#57
On September 02 2010 08:29 PokePill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2010 08:10 GreatFall wrote:
This is the only business I have ever heard of where they closed due to 'to much' interest and success. Also, Louder as I wrote in the xyos' blog I think it was pretty shitty of you to call out INcontroL as someone who is lying and trying to sabotage gosugaming. Real class act.


I was going to say how ridiculous this is as well because it is not exactly hard to set up a php/asp/jsp website that can handle something like this, and even automate scheduling and process payments. But you can't expect them to have anticipated thousands of people wanting lessons at a video game. I'm sure the workload expected was like 1% of what they received. I don't know how you can expect someone working a full time job and dealing with real life issues to possibly have foreseen or have been able to handle this.

It just goes to show how lucrative this market really is, or how good they were at advertising their brand.


The issue is that they still took their money though. Normally you wouldn't accept the money until the times have been arranged, instead of some vague "future date" commitment.
ModeratorGodfather
monad
Profile Joined March 2010
United States156 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-01 23:37:26
September 01 2010 23:34 GMT
#58
On September 02 2010 08:31 Manifesto7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2010 08:29 PokePill wrote:
On September 02 2010 08:10 GreatFall wrote:
This is the only business I have ever heard of where they closed due to 'to much' interest and success. Also, Louder as I wrote in the xyos' blog I think it was pretty shitty of you to call out INcontroL as someone who is lying and trying to sabotage gosugaming. Real class act.


I was going to say how ridiculous this is as well because it is not exactly hard to set up a php/asp/jsp website that can handle something like this, and even automate scheduling and process payments. But you can't expect them to have anticipated thousands of people wanting lessons at a video game. I'm sure the workload expected was like 1% of what they received. I don't know how you can expect someone working a full time job and dealing with real life issues to possibly have foreseen or have been able to handle this.

It just goes to show how lucrative this market really is, or how good they were at advertising their brand.


The issue is that they still took their money though. Normally you wouldn't accept the money until the times have been arranged, instead of some vague "future date" commitment.


I don't know. Normally you would just accept money with a "promise of services". In fact, that got me to thinking. Maybe instead of all these refunds, they should just cease accepting new requests, work with existing coaches to figure out availability and schedule all the outstanding lesson requests, and just get it done. That would the best thing for the brand, the business, the students, and the coaches. This paypal chargeback thing is for the birds. If Louder is busy, give iNcontroL access to the email account, put differences aside, and just get it done. After that they can go their separate ways, but it would show a sense of integrity from both parties and would probably be a confidence booster for people thinking about future services.

In the meantime, while they're getting all this sorted out, they can work on figuring out how to come up with a more scalable business model. I don't know how big the backlog is, but if the coaches are willing to hunker down and just get all of this crap knocked out, I would imagine they can push through the lessons in 2 weeks or so. But who knows, maybe they had way more requests than even I can imagine.
iEchoic
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1776 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-01 23:37:48
September 01 2010 23:36 GMT
#59
I too don't understand all the goodwill. Why would they take peoples' money without a set date for a lesson, at the very least? It sounds like they just took money in and then blew people off, which is closer to 'unethical' than 'well-intentioned'. Add on forcing people to dispute with paypal and this seems really obnoxious.

Am I understanding something wrong?
vileEchoic -- clanvile.com
xyos
Profile Joined August 2010
107 Posts
September 01 2010 23:39 GMT
#60
nope thats basically how it went, they got the money within 2 emails, than dont respond for weeks ;0
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3138
Soma 371
Rush 304
BeSt 147
Killer 121
ToSsGirL 97
Bisu 83
Mong 82
Shinee 68
sorry 4
[ Show more ]
Terrorterran 0
Dota 2
Gorgc1160
Counter-Strike
olofmeister730
shoxiejesuss614
byalli522
edward14
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King100
Other Games
gofns11404
summit1g7972
ceh9558
Happy269
dupreeh259
Sick211
crisheroes184
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 53
• killerbeecast8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1434
• Stunt429
Upcoming Events
OSC
13h 59m
Big Brain Bouts
1d
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.