• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:36
CEST 15:36
KST 22:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9973 users

Official State of the Game Podcast Thread - Page 242

Forum Index > SC2 General
54608 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 240 241 242 243 244 2731 Next
ccHaZaRd
Profile Joined February 2009
Canada1024 Posts
November 17 2010 22:43 GMT
#4821
dts are also faster, perma cloaked and can be warped in anywhere on the map

just sayin
Kishkumen
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States650 Posts
November 17 2010 22:45 GMT
#4822
I really liked hearing Painuser talk about things. The stats-based approach really appeals to me. It reminds me of TLO, and it's definitely something that's been missing from the perspectives on SotG. It was also nice to hear opinions from a talented Terran player. I would enjoy it if he returned in the future.

Also, iNcontroL mentioned going over to Artosis's house. Personally, I think it would be just about the funniest thing ever if they did a video of Artosis laddering while iNcontroL makes snide comments behind him and tries to distract him. Basically, they could do something like (but not necessarily) a live Team Liquid Attack. I always thought it'd be funny to watch a TLA with Artosis, and having iNcontroL there in the room with him would be even better.
Weird, last time I checked the UN said you need to have at least 200 APM and be rainbow league to be called human. —Liquid`TLO
znowstorm
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia281 Posts
November 17 2010 22:47 GMT
#4823
Great sotg. I laughed pretty hard at "3rd expansion...trouble"

On November 18 2010 04:32 Antoine wrote:
(P)TesteR lost to 꼬마 (link to his bnet profile), who was tied with (T)Jinro for 124th on the Korean top 200 that was just released yesterday. 꼬마 also beat (Z)RevivaL during the qualifiers, and eventually won his group. His interview is spoilered below, thanks to CanucksJC for translating it. Everybody should read it as it's quite hilarious.
+ Show Spoiler +

Q. How does it feel to advance?
A. I think it was purely on luck. I'm worried that I might get knocked out in the round of 64 without showing much. I knew TSL_sSKS from the online game Chaos, and it was too bad that I ran into him in the first round. There was some lag at the start, that's probably why he lost.

Q. How did you practice?
A. I practiced daily for 12 hours without a clan. I think I learn better if someone gives me tips, so I want to try practicing in a team house. When I was 20, I played WC3 really hard and dreamed of becoming a progamer, but my parents disagreed and I went to the army. I think I have the talent to play games, so I think I can do well if I try really hard.

Q. You sound like you played Chaos for a long time.
A. I was a heavy Chaos user playing under the ROMANG clan.

Q. Are you confident about the main event?
A. If you play me in the round of 64, it'll be easy to get to the round of 32. I want to enjoy the games rather than to be obsessed over winning.

Q. Do you have plans on being a progamer?
A. I'm going to play games until the end of next year. If I don't get good results by then, I'm going to go to my hometown and start farming.

Q. What is your goal this season?
A. If I get Code A, I'm going to start believing in a religion.

Q. Any comments?
A. For my first game, I will personally write a cheerful saying 'Here, take it'. I stream my Chaos games on Afreeca and many people supported me, so big thanks to them.


I am rooting for this guy now!!!!
Longshank
Profile Joined March 2010
1648 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-17 22:53:55
November 17 2010 22:52 GMT
#4824
Sorry if it's been mentioned but on Painuser questioning the last 5 players invited for Dreamhack instead of him - they weren't invited, they qualified. Only the first 15 got invited and those are pretty solid names.

slam
Profile Joined May 2010
United States923 Posts
November 17 2010 22:54 GMT
#4825
On November 18 2010 07:47 znowstorm wrote:
Great sotg. I laughed pretty hard at "3rd expansion...trouble"

Show nested quote +
On November 18 2010 04:32 Antoine wrote:
(P)TesteR lost to 꼬마 (link to his bnet profile), who was tied with (T)Jinro for 124th on the Korean top 200 that was just released yesterday. 꼬마 also beat (Z)RevivaL during the qualifiers, and eventually won his group. His interview is spoilered below, thanks to CanucksJC for translating it. Everybody should read it as it's quite hilarious.
+ Show Spoiler +

Q. How does it feel to advance?
A. I think it was purely on luck. I'm worried that I might get knocked out in the round of 64 without showing much. I knew TSL_sSKS from the online game Chaos, and it was too bad that I ran into him in the first round. There was some lag at the start, that's probably why he lost.

Q. How did you practice?
A. I practiced daily for 12 hours without a clan. I think I learn better if someone gives me tips, so I want to try practicing in a team house. When I was 20, I played WC3 really hard and dreamed of becoming a progamer, but my parents disagreed and I went to the army. I think I have the talent to play games, so I think I can do well if I try really hard.

Q. You sound like you played Chaos for a long time.
A. I was a heavy Chaos user playing under the ROMANG clan.

Q. Are you confident about the main event?
A. If you play me in the round of 64, it'll be easy to get to the round of 32. I want to enjoy the games rather than to be obsessed over winning.

Q. Do you have plans on being a progamer?
A. I'm going to play games until the end of next year. If I don't get good results by then, I'm going to go to my hometown and start farming.

Q. What is your goal this season?
A. If I get Code A, I'm going to start believing in a religion.

Q. Any comments?
A. For my first game, I will personally write a cheerful saying 'Here, take it'. I stream my Chaos games on Afreeca and many people supported me, so big thanks to them.


I am rooting for this guy now!!!!
Wow.
This guy is fucking awesome. Great interview. I will also be rooting for this guy.
I get it.
tyrless
Profile Joined July 2010
United States485 Posts
November 17 2010 23:02 GMT
#4826
Agree that Painuser makes a good guest, because more important than his solid understanding of the game is his knowledge of the scene in general, and his personality fits the room.
_Darwin_
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2374 Posts
November 17 2010 23:19 GMT
#4827
Thank you for the encouragement Tyler. As a fellow philosophy major and current law student... You have shit on my life. Afk writing memos, outlining, and drinking myself to death.
I cant stop lactating
timbo
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom70 Posts
November 17 2010 23:19 GMT
#4828
These pdocasts are still great stuff. Love how these are getting longer and longer but still keeping just as entertaining. Might be good to find a way to break them up a little bit though as there is no clear timing when the topic changes. Makes it difficult when trying to find and relisten to a specific discussion, especially in a podcast as long as 2-3hours. Maybe have a list of topics that are each introduced with a specific jingle or something to highlight the transitions. Something to make it abit more structured.
Contagious
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States1319 Posts
November 17 2010 23:20 GMT
#4829
On November 18 2010 04:32 Antoine wrote:
(P)TesteR lost to 꼬마 (link to his bnet profile), who was tied with (T)Jinro for 124th on the Korean top 200 that was just released yesterday. 꼬마 also beat (Z)RevivaL during the qualifiers, and eventually won his group. His interview is spoilered below, thanks to CanucksJC for translating it. Everybody should read it as it's quite hilarious.
+ Show Spoiler +

Q. How does it feel to advance?
A. I think it was purely on luck. I'm worried that I might get knocked out in the round of 64 without showing much. I knew TSL_sSKS from the online game Chaos, and it was too bad that I ran into him in the first round. There was some lag at the start, that's probably why he lost.

Q. How did you practice?
A. I practiced daily for 12 hours without a clan. I think I learn better if someone gives me tips, so I want to try practicing in a team house. When I was 20, I played WC3 really hard and dreamed of becoming a progamer, but my parents disagreed and I went to the army. I think I have the talent to play games, so I think I can do well if I try really hard.

Q. You sound like you played Chaos for a long time.
A. I was a heavy Chaos user playing under the ROMANG clan.

Q. Are you confident about the main event?
A. If you play me in the round of 64, it'll be easy to get to the round of 32. I want to enjoy the games rather than to be obsessed over winning.

Q. Do you have plans on being a progamer?
A. I'm going to play games until the end of next year. If I don't get good results by then, I'm going to go to my hometown and start farming.

Q. What is your goal this season?
A. If I get Code A, I'm going to start believing in a religion.

Q. Any comments?
A. For my first game, I will personally write a cheerful saying 'Here, take it'. I stream my Chaos games on Afreeca and many people supported me, so big thanks to them.


hahaha this guy is the shit. Hopefully this is an accurate translation? xD
Aquafresh
Profile Joined May 2007
United States824 Posts
November 17 2010 23:27 GMT
#4830
I like how NonY's answer when he was asked if he regretted sacrificing anything due to pro-gaming boiled down to "no I was pretty good at everything anyway." Keep up the good work guys.
KevinIX
Profile Joined October 2009
United States2472 Posts
November 17 2010 23:40 GMT
#4831
PainUser was a great addition to this cast. I like how he backed up his arguments with numbers. Terrans finally have a guy who understands the weaknesses and strengths of Terran and can talk back to the silly Protoss. Banshees better than DTs? Banshees are so easy to scout out and take so long to produce out of a single tech lab'd starport. Compare that with DTs which can be warped 4 at a time anywhere you've got a pylon.
Liquid FIGHTING!!!
poilord
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Germany3252 Posts
November 17 2010 23:53 GMT
#4832
I agree with everyone saying that PainUser should become a permanent addition to the cast. He seems like such a chill and funny guy and seems to have good chemistry with everyone on the show. Really liked this episode, and thank you all for the show :D
Doko
Profile Joined May 2010
Argentina1737 Posts
November 17 2010 23:53 GMT
#4833
If the stab over the internet device was a reality I would've used it on Painuser upon hearing.

..." I would rather have dts than banshees"...

Other than that I loved the arguments brought up and to a certain extent agree with Painuser on the fact that lots of protoss forget that in the mid-late game carrier storm is pretty damn good. As long as its timed right with the mmm -> mech transition.

I guess at lower levels of plays you see more of this because its either viable or just people not being as refined with their pressure. But once its there its pretty strong. Socke is probably the best toss at showing this on high level play.
seiferoth10
Profile Joined May 2010
3362 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-18 00:08:22
November 17 2010 23:59 GMT
#4834
I laughed SO hard at the "had he killed the third...... trouble!" I hope Incontrol listens to the final version to see how inadvertently hilarious he was on top of his usual shenanigans.
Raine
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada210 Posts
November 18 2010 00:09 GMT
#4835
On November 18 2010 07:43 ZekZ wrote:
dts are also faster, perma cloaked and can be warped in anywhere on the map

just sayin


Banshees fly.. And when your only type of detection is obs and cannons. They're a pain to deal with.
Nuttyguy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom1526 Posts
November 18 2010 00:59 GMT
#4836
Please dont add anyone with the static/background crap to the cast sound quality just becomes so bad and listening to the noise for ages i.e 1-2 hours is really annoying
pezit
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden302 Posts
November 18 2010 01:18 GMT
#4837
On November 18 2010 08:40 KevinIX wrote:
PainUser was a great addition to this cast. I like how he backed up his arguments with numbers. Terrans finally have a guy who understands the weaknesses and strengths of Terran and can talk back to the silly Protoss. Banshees better than DTs? Banshees are so easy to scout out and take so long to produce out of a single tech lab'd starport. Compare that with DTs which can be warped 4 at a time anywhere you've got a pylon.


Banshee's have range, they do ok even if the opponent gets detection, they build from a building that you will want anyway cause it also builds a staple unit that you'll want in every single game, banshee's are also a good harassment unit before you research cloak.

DT's are melee but have extremely good damage so if you surprise the opponent they'll probably outright kill the opponent. This doesn't work against terran though since they can just scan. DT's are low health and as i said earlier melee so once the opponent gets detection they're pretty much worthless. And as inControl mentioned the tech path is just horribly crippling to protoss, first of all you won't get observers anytime soon so especially against terrans it's a huge risk / all-in and the building cost is pretty much wasted when it's countered since it doesn't give you anything but the DT.

If i was playing terran and could swap banshee for DT even if they were the same cost i wouldn't do it, banshees are just superior units which incontrol and tyler seems to agree with.
Glam
Profile Joined September 2010
United States325 Posts
November 18 2010 01:29 GMT
#4838
On November 18 2010 05:24 Raiznhell wrote:
i almost completely disagree with iNcontroL and Liquid'Tyler about the whole TvP cloack issue in that scan is harldy a counter for dts as normally people send in dts one at a time to waste scans and plus to deal with banshees... what protoss beside a cheesy 4 gateing noobtoss doesnt get a robo against terran.... every unit out of the robo is exetremely effective against terran. even a forge and getting photon cannons is just as good as a terran missle turret except better because it can also attack ground targets...

I think aside from going 4 gate builds protoss doesnt have many excuse to die to cloaked units than any other race.

my opinion on TvP in general is they need to nerf marauders, nerf sentries, buff stalkers, nerf blink somehow to compensate and then buff siege tanks i think most of the SotG would agree here becasue all of them complain about marauders strengths and no tank variation from terrans.

regardless i think it was an awesome SotG really proud of iNcontroL despite not qualifying.



To me, this is the exact problem. It's the one building that keeps us from losing straight up thanks to build orders (like banshees). Because of it, the options are narrowed down incredibly, so the terran has very little guesswork.
Dommk
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia4865 Posts
November 18 2010 02:30 GMT
#4839
I died a little inside when Taylor said he would rather have DT's than Banshees...I just...I can't...what the fuck
Mainland
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada551 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-19 10:14:59
November 18 2010 02:32 GMT
#4840
I guess Geoff doesn't remember his comments about Select with live-on-3 guys after MLG Dallas.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/10715149 around 19:25 for a refresher

EDIT: Yeah I meant 1:19:25. Thanks dcemuser. Not exactly the friendliest words from iNcontroL, but I guess he was feeling the effects of the party.
Prev 1 240 241 242 243 244 2731 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Classic vs herO
IntoTheiNu 1135
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech154
CosmosSc2 29
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48209
Shuttle 7893
FanTaSy 1795
Hyuk 560
Horang2 498
BeSt 442
Pusan 331
EffOrt 211
Last 140
Mind 133
[ Show more ]
Soma 131
Zeus 104
ggaemo 84
Sexy 75
hero 70
Sea.KH 62
Aegong 61
Hyun 61
Killer 60
Snow 51
ToSsGirL 35
PianO 26
Bale 23
JYJ 22
NaDa 20
zelot 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Rock 9
Sacsri 9
Noble 6
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc2655
qojqva1766
Dendi1239
XcaliburYe327
420jenkins55
Counter-Strike
fl0m3192
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu604
Khaldor504
Other Games
gofns35208
B2W.Neo938
Beastyqt507
byalli440
Mlord300
Livibee195
Hui .163
ArmadaUGS95
Mew2King66
QueenE27
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick697
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream65
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2949
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
1h 24m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 24m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 24m
Replay Cast
9h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 24m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
21h 24m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 21h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.