• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:15
CEST 08:15
KST 15:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9638 users

Official State of the Game Podcast Thread - Page 240

Forum Index > SC2 General
54608 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 238 239 240 241 242 2731 Next
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
November 17 2010 18:58 GMT
#4781
im gonna expaCOLOSSUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holy shit i fucking lost it, oh my god im laughing so hard it hurts!!!!!!!!!!!
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
EchOne
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States2906 Posts
November 17 2010 18:58 GMT
#4782
On November 18 2010 03:50 TedJustice wrote:
Anybody else notice how day9 sort of disappeared during the PvT discussion?

I'm guessing he fell asleep since they had to record so late to accommodate InControl in korea.

JP noted earlier in the thread that Sean stole away without fanfare to attend to his supper.
面白くない世の中, 面白くすればいいさ
vaahto
Profile Joined September 2010
65 Posts
November 17 2010 19:00 GMT
#4783
I didn't agree with Painuser on everything he argued about, but overall I thought he did a good job at defending his positions. Having his viewpoint included was a great improvement, and it would be great if he gets a more permanent spot on the cast. Best cast you've had in a while.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-17 20:01:14
November 17 2010 19:01 GMT
#4784
On November 18 2010 03:40 kojinshugi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2010 03:37 syllogism wrote:
On November 18 2010 03:32 Jiddra wrote:
You know that he didnt say that, get real.

I obviously exaggerated, but what I'm saying is it wasn't a good point


It was an excellent point. Watch Socke play sometime.

See, I'm not saying he isn't right, I'm saying he didn't offer anything substantial. Even just saying he has seen Socke do some interesting builds that work well would have been better. Of course this is a really pointless and dumb argument and I regret participating in it.
GriNn
Profile Joined September 2010
United States243 Posts
November 17 2010 19:24 GMT
#4785
Stayed up til 4am listening to this. I had a half-finished paper due at noon the same day. Barely finished with 3 hours sleep, TOTALLY WORTH IT.
Liquid`Tyler: I only needed one probe to take down idra. I had to upgrade to a zealot for strelok.
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
November 17 2010 19:32 GMT
#4786
(P)TesteR lost to 꼬마 (link to his bnet profile), who was tied with (T)Jinro for 124th on the Korean top 200 that was just released yesterday. 꼬마 also beat (Z)RevivaL during the qualifiers, and eventually won his group. His interview is spoilered below, thanks to CanucksJC for translating it. Everybody should read it as it's quite hilarious.
+ Show Spoiler +

Q. How does it feel to advance?
A. I think it was purely on luck. I'm worried that I might get knocked out in the round of 64 without showing much. I knew TSL_sSKS from the online game Chaos, and it was too bad that I ran into him in the first round. There was some lag at the start, that's probably why he lost.

Q. How did you practice?
A. I practiced daily for 12 hours without a clan. I think I learn better if someone gives me tips, so I want to try practicing in a team house. When I was 20, I played WC3 really hard and dreamed of becoming a progamer, but my parents disagreed and I went to the army. I think I have the talent to play games, so I think I can do well if I try really hard.

Q. You sound like you played Chaos for a long time.
A. I was a heavy Chaos user playing under the ROMANG clan.

Q. Are you confident about the main event?
A. If you play me in the round of 64, it'll be easy to get to the round of 32. I want to enjoy the games rather than to be obsessed over winning.

Q. Do you have plans on being a progamer?
A. I'm going to play games until the end of next year. If I don't get good results by then, I'm going to go to my hometown and start farming.

Q. What is your goal this season?
A. If I get Code A, I'm going to start believing in a religion.

Q. Any comments?
A. For my first game, I will personally write a cheerful saying 'Here, take it'. I stream my Chaos games on Afreeca and many people supported me, so big thanks to them.
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
syrupychinadian
Profile Joined September 2010
112 Posts
November 17 2010 19:35 GMT
#4787
I really liked the debate about PvT. I don't know how it was for PainUser, Tyler, and iNcontroL, but I was great to hear pros go at it passionately.

I would really like to have this type of a segment continue going forward especially since the podcast is "state of the game." But I'd understand if its really awkward to have a heated debate and then try to make nice for the rest of the podcast. (tho if its no problem with the other guests, go for it!)

I think it may be better to have some defined arguments and specify one arguer. That way Tyler and iNcontroL can't just double-team the other poor guests. Even have people argue the "opposing" sides. ie have Nony argue FOR terran.

But it was a fun podcast to listen to because of the arguing and I hope there's no hard feelings ala SelecT.
Darksteel
Profile Joined October 2010
Finland319 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-17 19:52:07
November 17 2010 19:47 GMT
#4788
I think Painuser really has a point, that there is still a lot of unexplored builds protosses can do. If you want to see an example of said underused strategies take a look at match that Husky casted, Socke vs Servant (username ServyOa 2,400 diamond player in EU ladder). In this match we had a army composition in the late game of High Templar, Carrier, Colossi, Archon etc etc.

Socke vs ServyOa - PvT by Huskystarcraft

Of course some people are going to point out that Socke might have been able to pull that off simple because he outskilled his opponent, but nevertheless its an example of a transition out of Colossi after seeing 10+ Vikings on the field and some protosses might wanna refine that for their own purposes.
Piledriver
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1697 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-17 20:06:40
November 17 2010 20:00 GMT
#4789
On November 18 2010 03:40 kojinshugi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2010 03:37 syllogism wrote:
On November 18 2010 03:32 Jiddra wrote:
You know that he didnt say that, get real.

I obviously exaggerated, but what I'm saying is it wasn't a good point


It was an excellent point. Watch Socke play sometime.



I have utmost respect for Socke as a player and I think he's fricking amazing and madly talented, but until he starts winning tournaments of importance, its gonna be hard to actually say "Look at the builds socke does!! Oh but he doesnt actually win tournaments".

I'd go as far as to say maybe if Socke had played a different race, he would probably be the best player in Europe right now, because I think his mechanics are insanely good and he has an excellent understanding of the game. Instead he's just an also-ran 4th place/5th place player because his race holds him back .

OT: Excellent episode this time, low on the humor factor though. Usually I'm laughing out loud when I listen to the cast but this one was a bit more subdued. Not necessarily a bad thing though.

Also I hated how painuser's rebuttal to everything Tyler and Incontrol said was "You gotta figure it out, the race is fine". And then he didnt even bother to justify what he said. Its very hard to actually have a debate with someone who keeps saying the same thing again and again.
Envy fan since NTH.
Toastmold
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada207 Posts
November 17 2010 20:16 GMT
#4790
I would have liked to hear Day9's opinion, sort of as an intermediary being random and an analyst, on the Terran vs Protoss flexibility debate. I don't think he made a peep during that time though.
hi.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
November 17 2010 20:19 GMT
#4791
On November 18 2010 05:16 Toastmold wrote:
I would have liked to hear Day9's opinion, sort of as an intermediary being random and an analyst, on the Terran vs Protoss flexibility debate. I don't think he made a peep during that time though.

He doesn't really like to get into balance debates. It's a topic with too many unknowns really.
kaisr
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada715 Posts
November 17 2010 20:19 GMT
#4792
when tyler said his mechanics were better in BW than sc2 did he mean in compared to everyone else or in absolute terms?
escobari
Profile Joined July 2010
Finland192 Posts
November 17 2010 20:20 GMT
#4793
Wow you guys need to get your facts right. The growd wasnt chanting "mothership" but "show the game", which huk heard "mothership". So cut the audience bashing plz.
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
November 17 2010 20:20 GMT
#4794
On November 17 2010 19:49 itmeJP wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2010 19:35 KevinIX wrote:
Painuser for permanent host!

I was thinking something like that as well. We'll see!


DO IT, im not even done yet, and i fucking love Painuser on the podcast, have him more plz!

but don't forget to have Zerg players on from time to time =)
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
Raiznhell
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada786 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-17 20:26:24
November 17 2010 20:24 GMT
#4795
i almost completely disagree with iNcontroL and Liquid'Tyler about the whole TvP cloack issue in that scan is harldy a counter for dts as normally people send in dts one at a time to waste scans and plus to deal with banshees... what protoss beside a cheesy 4 gateing noobtoss doesnt get a robo against terran.... every unit out of the robo is exetremely effective against terran. even a forge and getting photon cannons is just as good as a terran missle turret except better because it can also attack ground targets...

I think aside from going 4 gate builds protoss doesnt have many excuse to die to cloaked units than any other race.

my opinion on TvP in general is they need to nerf marauders, nerf sentries, buff stalkers, nerf blink somehow to compensate and then buff siege tanks i think most of the SotG would agree here becasue all of them complain about marauders strengths and no tank variation from terrans.

regardless i think it was an awesome SotG really proud of iNcontroL despite not qualifying.
Cake or Death?
MLG_Wiggin
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States767 Posts
November 17 2010 20:25 GMT
#4796
PainUser was awesome and the TvP breakdown was really good. I'd like to see both T-Pain and match up discussions come back in future episodes :D
@DBWiggin, SC2 ref
GenoZStriker
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2914 Posts
November 17 2010 20:26 GMT
#4797
On November 18 2010 05:20 escobari wrote:
Wow you guys need to get your facts right. The growd wasnt chanting "mothership" but "show the game", which huk heard "mothership". So cut the audience bashing plz.

Hate to disappoint you, but they were chanting "mothership" and I was there when it happened.
eSports Prodigy & Illuminati member.
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
November 17 2010 20:27 GMT
#4798
the 1st round of chanting was "show the game"
then huk said in in-game chat, "what are they chanting? mothership?" or something along those lines
then the 2nd round of chanting was "mothership"

i was there too =P
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
November 17 2010 20:28 GMT
#4799
JP, I understand linking directly to the site and wanting people to download from there- but seriously please fix the site so that it:
1) Doesn't look ass ugly (not a huge concern, but still)
2) Actually downloads, so people don't have to rehost

Great episode, as always! :D
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
November 17 2010 20:31 GMT
#4800
I'm glad we got a Terran guest on the show so incontrol and Tyler could tell them exactly how Protoss is underpowered. Really shows us a different side of things!
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
Prev 1 238 239 240 241 242 2731 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 109
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 443
Hyuk 336
Leta 167
Hyun 85
ZergMaN 14
Hm[arnc] 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm229
League of Legends
JimRising 762
Other Games
summit1g8975
WinterStarcraft509
Mew2King66
ArmadaUGS61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick835
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream165
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2310
League of Legends
• Rush1479
• Lourlo1127
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 46m
INu's Battles
5h 46m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
8h 46m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 46m
Replay Cast
16h 46m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 4h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.