• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:33
CEST 12:33
KST 19:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202617Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8703 users

Official State of the Game Podcast Thread - Page 148

Forum Index > SC2 General
54608 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 146 147 148 149 150 2731 Next
kojinshugi
Profile Joined August 2010
Estonia2559 Posts
October 28 2010 11:29 GMT
#2941
So the "logo" (or iTunes album art) from top to bottom is:

Day[J]
Tyler
JP
InControl?
whatsgrackalackin420
ashaman771
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada114 Posts
October 28 2010 12:47 GMT
#2942
On October 28 2010 17:54 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
Argue my don't advice own. ment take


It's a double edged sword. I speak from experience from our own gaming podcast. Your on the cast to have an opinion and be entertaining, which you do/are and are great at it. And people like it when they're somehow involved, so replying to threads is a good thing.

It takes both retards and well mannered listeners to increase the touch/subscription volume of the cast. You can't argue with the 'tards online, they won't change. Honestly i think a 'thanks for listening' reply would suffice for them (tards) where it needs it, and a more elaborate reply to thoughtful listeners where it needs it
The Dead Room Podcast, check it out!
Zorkmid
Profile Joined November 2008
4410 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-28 13:03:10
October 28 2010 13:02 GMT
#2943
On October 28 2010 04:01 DaJuliaN wrote:


Oh and another thing, someone needs to tell JP how to say Ottawa, that was pretty funny hearing him struggle to pronounce it. Has he seriously never heard of Ottawa?? Its weird how American's don't get much foreign information, I blame obama lol.

oh shit g2g my igloo if falling apart.

Question for JP: Whats the capital of Mexico?


It's sarcasm dude. Don't you know that mispronouncing a Canadian city is the height of comedy? Also, racism and sexism too apparently!

About your Igloo, I've been using wet snow to strengthen mine, just cram some in the cracks.
fush
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada563 Posts
October 28 2010 13:05 GMT
#2944
On October 28 2010 04:01 DaJuliaN wrote:


Oh and another thing, someone needs to tell JP how to say Ottawa, that was pretty funny hearing him struggle to pronounce it. Has he seriously never heard of Ottawa?? Its weird how American's don't get much foreign information, I blame obama lol.

oh shit g2g my igloo if falling apart.

Question for JP: Whats the capital of Mexico?


Are you serious? How in any way were you able to take that seriously?! Then you go on to generalize Americans... doing a great favor for yourself here buddy.
john0507
Profile Joined August 2010
164 Posts
October 28 2010 13:19 GMT
#2945
I just have to say I f'king love this podcast. There isn't a single thing I would want changed about this podcast , except for probably having it done more often.

Sure there will be people (trolls/tards) that feels the kind of stuff that goes on in the cast a little too "over the top".
To each his own , much like some people like Jason Lee's absolutely boring casting , while some of us will love tastosis humor-ish approach more.

However , if u dont like this podcast , then why are u even listening to it? Just for the sake of whining and "being a forumer"? I just don't get it.

Snowfield
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1289 Posts
October 28 2010 13:22 GMT
#2946
On October 28 2010 22:19 john0507 wrote:
I just have to say I f'king love this podcast. There isn't a single thing I would want changed about this podcast , except for probably having it done more often.

Sure there will be people (trolls/tards) that feels the kind of stuff that goes on in the cast a little too "over the top".
To each his own , much like some people like Jason Lee's absolutely boring casting , while some of us will love tastosis humor-ish approach more.

However , if u dont like this podcast , then why are u even listening to it? Just for the sake of whining and "being a forumer"? I just don't get it.



You can like alot of things about a podcast and dislike some parts of it but still listen to it. I don't think that's hard to understand.
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
October 28 2010 14:12 GMT
#2947
On October 28 2010 12:45 Kazang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2010 10:20 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
At the end of the day the numbers say the marauder is not unbalanced, that's all blizzard were saying. It's just your opinion as a protoss player that it is too strong, and you are biased as a professional protoss player. Making them sound wrong to support your own opinion is pretty poor form.

You've already voiced the sentiment that I have: "no matter what they say people bitch and twist it into something negative" because really I haven't done anything to make Blizzard sound wrong about this case. You're twisting my words into something negative. That's all I did was agree with a guy who explained how kiting Stalkers is useful and then I added the facts that increased move speed increases damage and the increased movement from stim makes marauders cross the threshold of movement speed necessary for retreating. These are facts just like the things I've written earlier in this post. I'm not judging stimmed marauders.


I didn't say anything about what you said, I was talking about what iNcontrol said in the podcast.

My statement about negative attitudes towards developers wasn't directed at anyone, it was a general statement of what happens when any developer makes a change and generally interacts with community, it wasn't even specific to Blizzard. Which should have been fairly obvious from the wording, sorry if you got the wrong idea but that wasn't the intention.
It's not "oh tyler is negative and twisting words", nothing like that, it's not especially not about the balance of marauders which I definitely would not argue with you about, for that I was just reiterating what the panel actually said, and tried to give some context.

It's about iNcontrol either deliberately or by mistake unfairly criticizing what the devs on the panel said. People who didn't see the panel but listen to cast which is going to be quite a lot are going to think iNcontrol is right, as he usually is. This in turn lead can lead to negativity towards Blizzard and them being even less forthcoming information and interaction with the community for fear of negative backlash.

It's like when Fruit Dealer went on a little rant about how he loses all his practice games and how zerg suck etc before he won the GSL. Suddenly you have a horde of people claiming it to be gospel and that was irrefutable evidence that Zerg is terrible and needs major buffs, becasue he said it. You think someone reading my post may get the wrong idea becasue it simply seemed to have some thought put into it?
Incontrols words or yours are going to have 100 time more weight, not about balance in this situation but about Blizzard being wrong or stupid in regard to the marauder statements.

It's about not biting the hand that feeds, to put it somewhat melodramatically. I'm not like "INCONTROL MUST RETRACT THESE INFLAMMATORY STATEMENTS IMMEDIATELY!!" either. I'm just pointing out that it's really not a good idea to say stuff like when you have the ear of so many people. I'm not trying to argue about I just find it frustrating to see, as a developer myself it's something I find really disheartening.

Sorry but when FruitDealer whined, he got a patch that won him $85,000 and then Blizzard paid him to come to Blizzcon and do a showmatch with the most legendary progamer ever and then they presented him with original artwork to honor his accomplishments. It sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me and if I'm ever in that situation I don't think I'll be able to act for the best of the community... I'll take the huge sum of money, the free trip, the unexpected honor, the burst of fame and the respect that whining "earned" me
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
Tachion
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada8573 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-28 14:21:51
October 28 2010 14:21 GMT
#2948
On October 28 2010 23:12 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2010 12:45 Kazang wrote:
On October 28 2010 10:20 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
At the end of the day the numbers say the marauder is not unbalanced, that's all blizzard were saying. It's just your opinion as a protoss player that it is too strong, and you are biased as a professional protoss player. Making them sound wrong to support your own opinion is pretty poor form.

You've already voiced the sentiment that I have: "no matter what they say people bitch and twist it into something negative" because really I haven't done anything to make Blizzard sound wrong about this case. You're twisting my words into something negative. That's all I did was agree with a guy who explained how kiting Stalkers is useful and then I added the facts that increased move speed increases damage and the increased movement from stim makes marauders cross the threshold of movement speed necessary for retreating. These are facts just like the things I've written earlier in this post. I'm not judging stimmed marauders.


I didn't say anything about what you said, I was talking about what iNcontrol said in the podcast.

My statement about negative attitudes towards developers wasn't directed at anyone, it was a general statement of what happens when any developer makes a change and generally interacts with community, it wasn't even specific to Blizzard. Which should have been fairly obvious from the wording, sorry if you got the wrong idea but that wasn't the intention.
It's not "oh tyler is negative and twisting words", nothing like that, it's not especially not about the balance of marauders which I definitely would not argue with you about, for that I was just reiterating what the panel actually said, and tried to give some context.

It's about iNcontrol either deliberately or by mistake unfairly criticizing what the devs on the panel said. People who didn't see the panel but listen to cast which is going to be quite a lot are going to think iNcontrol is right, as he usually is. This in turn lead can lead to negativity towards Blizzard and them being even less forthcoming information and interaction with the community for fear of negative backlash.

It's like when Fruit Dealer went on a little rant about how he loses all his practice games and how zerg suck etc before he won the GSL. Suddenly you have a horde of people claiming it to be gospel and that was irrefutable evidence that Zerg is terrible and needs major buffs, becasue he said it. You think someone reading my post may get the wrong idea becasue it simply seemed to have some thought put into it?
Incontrols words or yours are going to have 100 time more weight, not about balance in this situation but about Blizzard being wrong or stupid in regard to the marauder statements.

It's about not biting the hand that feeds, to put it somewhat melodramatically. I'm not like "INCONTROL MUST RETRACT THESE INFLAMMATORY STATEMENTS IMMEDIATELY!!" either. I'm just pointing out that it's really not a good idea to say stuff like when you have the ear of so many people. I'm not trying to argue about I just find it frustrating to see, as a developer myself it's something I find really disheartening.

Sorry but when FruitDealer whined, he got a patch that won him $85,000 and then Blizzard paid him to come to Blizzcon and do a showmatch with the most legendary progamer ever and then they presented him with original artwork to honor his accomplishments. It sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me and if I'm ever in that situation I don't think I'll be able to act for the best of the community... I'll take the huge sum of money, the free trip, the unexpected honor, the burst of fame and the respect that whining "earned" me

I'm probably getting whooshed but there was never any patch that helped FD win GSL(unless you count the ultralisk bug in the match vs TOP)
i was driving down the road this november eve and spotted a hitchhiker walking down the street. i pulled over and saw that it was only a tree. i uprooted it and put it in my trunk. do trees like marshmallow peeps? cause that's all i have and will have.
kojinshugi
Profile Joined August 2010
Estonia2559 Posts
October 28 2010 14:21 GMT
#2949
On October 28 2010 04:01 DaJuliaN wrote:
Oh and another thing, someone needs to tell JP how to say Ottawa, that was pretty funny hearing him struggle to pronounce it. Has he seriously never heard of Ottawa?? Its weird how American's don't get much foreign information, I blame obama lol.


Putting aside the whole "JP was joking" thing, I lived in Canada for 4 years, and 90% of people didn't know where Estonia was. The remaining 10% thought it was an Encino Man reference.

I also met a guy who thought europeans use "euro dollars".

Plus, everyone outside of Canada thinks your capital is Toronto, anyway.

Question for JP: Whats the capital of Mexico?


The capital of Mexico is Who Gives a Shit City.
whatsgrackalackin420
jtbem
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada1404 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-28 14:27:15
October 28 2010 14:22 GMT
#2950
aka Sowelulol
kojinshugi
Profile Joined August 2010
Estonia2559 Posts
October 28 2010 14:23 GMT
#2951
On October 28 2010 23:21 Tachion wrote:
I'm probably getting whooshed but there was never any patch that helped FD win GSL.


1.1 Reaper build time, bunker build time, zealot build time, warpgate cooldown, Ultra buff/nerf/fix, siege tank nerf, etc.
whatsgrackalackin420
Kolvacs
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1203 Posts
October 28 2010 14:27 GMT
#2952
This show is the best thing since sliced bread.
inControl, JP, Day[9] and Tyler are a very funny combo .

I don't see why people hate on inControl for making fun of people, Family Guy does it all the time an no one flames them. And the people that do hate Family Guy, just don't watch it.

Hmm....
Sapphire.lux
Profile Joined July 2010
Romania2620 Posts
October 28 2010 14:32 GMT
#2953
Professional players acting unprofessional, now that surprising.

Great show guys, keep it up!
Head Coach Park: "They should buff tanks!"
duBstar
Profile Joined July 2010
United States57 Posts
October 28 2010 14:36 GMT
#2954
I've loved this podcast since day 1, yes I have a low post count, and I'm not a troll!

I freaking love Geoff. His humor is my kind of humor. Keep this podcast going forever imo
We are what we repeatedly do, therefore excellence is not an act but a habit.
Zorkmid
Profile Joined November 2008
4410 Posts
October 28 2010 14:36 GMT
#2955
On October 28 2010 23:21 kojinshugi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2010 04:01 DaJuliaN wrote:
Oh and another thing, someone needs to tell JP how to say Ottawa, that was pretty funny hearing him struggle to pronounce it. Has he seriously never heard of Ottawa?? Its weird how American's don't get much foreign information, I blame obama lol.


Putting aside the whole "JP was joking" thing, I lived in Canada for 4 years, and 90% of people didn't know where Estonia was. The remaining 10% thought it was an Encino Man reference.

I also met a guy who thought europeans use "euro dollars".

Plus, everyone outside of Canada thinks your capital is Toronto, anyway.

Show nested quote +
Question for JP: Whats the capital of Mexico?


The capital of Mexico is Who Gives a Shit City.


As someone who lives in Toronto, I feel that it is the capital of Earth!
john0507
Profile Joined August 2010
164 Posts
October 28 2010 14:51 GMT
#2956
On October 28 2010 23:21 Tachion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2010 23:12 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
On October 28 2010 12:45 Kazang wrote:
On October 28 2010 10:20 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
At the end of the day the numbers say the marauder is not unbalanced, that's all blizzard were saying. It's just your opinion as a protoss player that it is too strong, and you are biased as a professional protoss player. Making them sound wrong to support your own opinion is pretty poor form.

You've already voiced the sentiment that I have: "no matter what they say people bitch and twist it into something negative" because really I haven't done anything to make Blizzard sound wrong about this case. You're twisting my words into something negative. That's all I did was agree with a guy who explained how kiting Stalkers is useful and then I added the facts that increased move speed increases damage and the increased movement from stim makes marauders cross the threshold of movement speed necessary for retreating. These are facts just like the things I've written earlier in this post. I'm not judging stimmed marauders.


I didn't say anything about what you said, I was talking about what iNcontrol said in the podcast.

My statement about negative attitudes towards developers wasn't directed at anyone, it was a general statement of what happens when any developer makes a change and generally interacts with community, it wasn't even specific to Blizzard. Which should have been fairly obvious from the wording, sorry if you got the wrong idea but that wasn't the intention.
It's not "oh tyler is negative and twisting words", nothing like that, it's not especially not about the balance of marauders which I definitely would not argue with you about, for that I was just reiterating what the panel actually said, and tried to give some context.

It's about iNcontrol either deliberately or by mistake unfairly criticizing what the devs on the panel said. People who didn't see the panel but listen to cast which is going to be quite a lot are going to think iNcontrol is right, as he usually is. This in turn lead can lead to negativity towards Blizzard and them being even less forthcoming information and interaction with the community for fear of negative backlash.

It's like when Fruit Dealer went on a little rant about how he loses all his practice games and how zerg suck etc before he won the GSL. Suddenly you have a horde of people claiming it to be gospel and that was irrefutable evidence that Zerg is terrible and needs major buffs, becasue he said it. You think someone reading my post may get the wrong idea becasue it simply seemed to have some thought put into it?
Incontrols words or yours are going to have 100 time more weight, not about balance in this situation but about Blizzard being wrong or stupid in regard to the marauder statements.

It's about not biting the hand that feeds, to put it somewhat melodramatically. I'm not like "INCONTROL MUST RETRACT THESE INFLAMMATORY STATEMENTS IMMEDIATELY!!" either. I'm just pointing out that it's really not a good idea to say stuff like when you have the ear of so many people. I'm not trying to argue about I just find it frustrating to see, as a developer myself it's something I find really disheartening.

Sorry but when FruitDealer whined, he got a patch that won him $85,000 and then Blizzard paid him to come to Blizzcon and do a showmatch with the most legendary progamer ever and then they presented him with original artwork to honor his accomplishments. It sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me and if I'm ever in that situation I don't think I'll be able to act for the best of the community... I'll take the huge sum of money, the free trip, the unexpected honor, the burst of fame and the respect that whining "earned" me

I'm probably getting whooshed but there was never any patch that helped FD win GSL(unless you count the ultralisk bug in the match vs TOP)


You're joking right?
Almost ALL early game aggresion options vs zerg were nerfed in 1.1 (excluding protoss cannon).
ZvT turned into Hatch first without any worries at that point in time. Tbh 1.1 helped zerg even more than 1.2 did.

Anyways, waiting for the next podcast ^_^
OutlaW-
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic5053 Posts
October 28 2010 15:07 GMT
#2957
You can't nerf stim in any way because that would destroy any hope of any tvz. Terran would need mech or something else buffed, nad honestly, I think stim is completely fine. If HT and colossus get nerfed, then we're talking, but not at the moment.
Delete your post underage b&. You're incestuous for you're onee-chan so you're clearly not a bad guy, but others might not agree
vrok
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden2541 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-28 15:26:54
October 28 2010 15:13 GMT
#2958
On October 28 2010 23:51 john0507 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2010 23:21 Tachion wrote:
On October 28 2010 23:12 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
On October 28 2010 12:45 Kazang wrote:
On October 28 2010 10:20 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
At the end of the day the numbers say the marauder is not unbalanced, that's all blizzard were saying. It's just your opinion as a protoss player that it is too strong, and you are biased as a professional protoss player. Making them sound wrong to support your own opinion is pretty poor form.

You've already voiced the sentiment that I have: "no matter what they say people bitch and twist it into something negative" because really I haven't done anything to make Blizzard sound wrong about this case. You're twisting my words into something negative. That's all I did was agree with a guy who explained how kiting Stalkers is useful and then I added the facts that increased move speed increases damage and the increased movement from stim makes marauders cross the threshold of movement speed necessary for retreating. These are facts just like the things I've written earlier in this post. I'm not judging stimmed marauders.


I didn't say anything about what you said, I was talking about what iNcontrol said in the podcast.

My statement about negative attitudes towards developers wasn't directed at anyone, it was a general statement of what happens when any developer makes a change and generally interacts with community, it wasn't even specific to Blizzard. Which should have been fairly obvious from the wording, sorry if you got the wrong idea but that wasn't the intention.
It's not "oh tyler is negative and twisting words", nothing like that, it's not especially not about the balance of marauders which I definitely would not argue with you about, for that I was just reiterating what the panel actually said, and tried to give some context.

It's about iNcontrol either deliberately or by mistake unfairly criticizing what the devs on the panel said. People who didn't see the panel but listen to cast which is going to be quite a lot are going to think iNcontrol is right, as he usually is. This in turn lead can lead to negativity towards Blizzard and them being even less forthcoming information and interaction with the community for fear of negative backlash.

It's like when Fruit Dealer went on a little rant about how he loses all his practice games and how zerg suck etc before he won the GSL. Suddenly you have a horde of people claiming it to be gospel and that was irrefutable evidence that Zerg is terrible and needs major buffs, becasue he said it. You think someone reading my post may get the wrong idea becasue it simply seemed to have some thought put into it?
Incontrols words or yours are going to have 100 time more weight, not about balance in this situation but about Blizzard being wrong or stupid in regard to the marauder statements.

It's about not biting the hand that feeds, to put it somewhat melodramatically. I'm not like "INCONTROL MUST RETRACT THESE INFLAMMATORY STATEMENTS IMMEDIATELY!!" either. I'm just pointing out that it's really not a good idea to say stuff like when you have the ear of so many people. I'm not trying to argue about I just find it frustrating to see, as a developer myself it's something I find really disheartening.

Sorry but when FruitDealer whined, he got a patch that won him $85,000 and then Blizzard paid him to come to Blizzcon and do a showmatch with the most legendary progamer ever and then they presented him with original artwork to honor his accomplishments. It sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me and if I'm ever in that situation I don't think I'll be able to act for the best of the community... I'll take the huge sum of money, the free trip, the unexpected honor, the burst of fame and the respect that whining "earned" me

I'm probably getting whooshed but there was never any patch that helped FD win GSL(unless you count the ultralisk bug in the match vs TOP)


You're joking right?
Almost ALL early game aggresion options vs zerg were nerfed in 1.1 (excluding protoss cannon).
ZvT turned into Hatch first without any worries at that point in time. Tbh 1.1 helped zerg even more than 1.2 did.

Anyways, waiting for the next podcast ^_^

Man, you can't even get the version numbering right and then you claim 1.1 helped zerg more? Not to mention the claim that 1.1 turned ZvT into free hatch first, LOL. How can you possibly be this clueless? Let me guess, you play terran? Because you don't know shit about zerg that's for sure. If zerg players got free hatch first vs you in ZvT after patch 1.1 that only means you suck. Nothing else.
"Starcraft 2 very easy game" - White-Ra
fishey
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada24 Posts
October 28 2010 15:27 GMT
#2959
On October 29 2010 00:07 OutlaW- wrote:
You can't nerf stim in any way because that would destroy any hope of any tvz. Terran would need mech or something else buffed, nad honestly, I think stim is completely fine. If HT and colossus get nerfed, then we're talking, but not at the moment.


I agree. Stim is way too important to nerf and would mess up TvZ big time. I also think that they cant buff stalkers/zealots or any other toss unit because it would mess up PvZ. The only thing they can nerf is the Marauder and I think they should just remove there slow which would make archons not totally useless also.
john0507
Profile Joined August 2010
164 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-28 15:30:27
October 28 2010 15:28 GMT
#2960
On October 29 2010 00:13 vrok wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2010 23:51 john0507 wrote:
On October 28 2010 23:21 Tachion wrote:
On October 28 2010 23:12 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
On October 28 2010 12:45 Kazang wrote:
On October 28 2010 10:20 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
At the end of the day the numbers say the marauder is not unbalanced, that's all blizzard were saying. It's just your opinion as a protoss player that it is too strong, and you are biased as a professional protoss player. Making them sound wrong to support your own opinion is pretty poor form.

You've already voiced the sentiment that I have: "no matter what they say people bitch and twist it into something negative" because really I haven't done anything to make Blizzard sound wrong about this case. You're twisting my words into something negative. That's all I did was agree with a guy who explained how kiting Stalkers is useful and then I added the facts that increased move speed increases damage and the increased movement from stim makes marauders cross the threshold of movement speed necessary for retreating. These are facts just like the things I've written earlier in this post. I'm not judging stimmed marauders.


I didn't say anything about what you said, I was talking about what iNcontrol said in the podcast.

My statement about negative attitudes towards developers wasn't directed at anyone, it was a general statement of what happens when any developer makes a change and generally interacts with community, it wasn't even specific to Blizzard. Which should have been fairly obvious from the wording, sorry if you got the wrong idea but that wasn't the intention.
It's not "oh tyler is negative and twisting words", nothing like that, it's not especially not about the balance of marauders which I definitely would not argue with you about, for that I was just reiterating what the panel actually said, and tried to give some context.

It's about iNcontrol either deliberately or by mistake unfairly criticizing what the devs on the panel said. People who didn't see the panel but listen to cast which is going to be quite a lot are going to think iNcontrol is right, as he usually is. This in turn lead can lead to negativity towards Blizzard and them being even less forthcoming information and interaction with the community for fear of negative backlash.

It's like when Fruit Dealer went on a little rant about how he loses all his practice games and how zerg suck etc before he won the GSL. Suddenly you have a horde of people claiming it to be gospel and that was irrefutable evidence that Zerg is terrible and needs major buffs, becasue he said it. You think someone reading my post may get the wrong idea becasue it simply seemed to have some thought put into it?
Incontrols words or yours are going to have 100 time more weight, not about balance in this situation but about Blizzard being wrong or stupid in regard to the marauder statements.

It's about not biting the hand that feeds, to put it somewhat melodramatically. I'm not like "INCONTROL MUST RETRACT THESE INFLAMMATORY STATEMENTS IMMEDIATELY!!" either. I'm just pointing out that it's really not a good idea to say stuff like when you have the ear of so many people. I'm not trying to argue about I just find it frustrating to see, as a developer myself it's something I find really disheartening.

Sorry but when FruitDealer whined, he got a patch that won him $85,000 and then Blizzard paid him to come to Blizzcon and do a showmatch with the most legendary progamer ever and then they presented him with original artwork to honor his accomplishments. It sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me and if I'm ever in that situation I don't think I'll be able to act for the best of the community... I'll take the huge sum of money, the free trip, the unexpected honor, the burst of fame and the respect that whining "earned" me

I'm probably getting whooshed but there was never any patch that helped FD win GSL(unless you count the ultralisk bug in the match vs TOP)


You're joking right?
Almost ALL early game aggresion options vs zerg were nerfed in 1.1 (excluding protoss cannon).
ZvT turned into Hatch first without any worries at that point in time. Tbh 1.1 helped zerg even more than 1.2 did.

Anyways, waiting for the next podcast ^_^

Man, you can't even get the version numbering right and then you claim 1.1 helped zerg more? Not to mention the claim that 1.1 turned ZvT into free hatch first, LOL. How can you possibly be this clueless? Let me guess, you play terran? Because you don't know shit about zerg that's for sure. If zerg players got free hatch first vs you in ZvT because of patch 1.1 that only means you suck. Nothing else.


1.2 didn't even do much to TvZ , other than beating a dead horse.
Post 1.1 Reapers Bunker were already not really good, and the best option was always gonna be hellions,and most zergs would more or less expect hellions. And yes it was a free hatch first for Z (on most maps anyways), the only thing u could do is force him into more units/defense.
1.2 just further beat Reapers into the ground that it's not even usable, and the Roach upgrade further made Hellions not effective.

So ya , I would say 1.1 did more.
1.2 just further grinded it down.
Prev 1 146 147 148 149 150 2731 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko181
Codebar 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22150
Calm 4051
Rain 2762
Hyuk 1547
Bisu 800
FanTaSy 466
Horang2 370
Soma 347
Rush 265
Jaedong 237
[ Show more ]
BeSt 230
Mong 206
Stork 202
Zeus 174
Mind 87
Mini 76
Pusan 61
ZerO 60
Sexy 57
Larva 54
ToSsGirL 54
Light 47
Barracks 39
Killer 33
910 32
Shinee 30
Yoon 29
NaDa 27
Free 17
sorry 16
Noble 14
Hm[arnc] 12
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5484
Counter-Strike
olofmeister957
byalli713
shoxiejesuss468
edward254
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King102
Other Games
gofns47985
singsing1415
dupreeh321
crisheroes257
ZerO(Twitch)4
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• iopq 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1775
• Stunt337
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 27m
Big Brain Bouts
23h 27m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.