• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:55
CEST 02:55
KST 09:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8139 users

[August] SC2 General Discussion

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
August 02 2010 13:29 GMT
#1
Previous Editions
+ Show Spoiler +

July '10
June '10
May '10
April '10
March '10
February '10
January '10
December '09
November '09


Q: What is this thread?

A: General purpose, SC2 discussion thread.

Q: What should I be posting about?
A: Basically, anything you want to talk about but aren't sure if it warrants a topic of its own. Heard a rumour you want to share? A new video? A question you are sure is super common but can't find the answer to via searching? A brilliant new idea that you want to vet, to make sure it's really as brilliant as you think it is?

This is the place.


Note:
Posting standards will not be as high as if you were to make a new thread, but pointless spam will still not be tolerated. I have seen threads like these work out alright on other sites (for other games) so I figured, why not give it a shot? It's possible there's not really enough content for something like this to exist at this point in time, but no harm then, it will just die on its own.

Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
koOma
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway462 Posts
August 02 2010 14:02 GMT
#2
plz help bring F keys back: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/169348947#new-post
He wears a mask so when he dogs his face / Each and every race could absorb the bass /// ST_Life
shannn
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2891 Posts
August 02 2010 14:08 GMT
#3
What I'm wondering and maybe some other informative TL user can explain me why there isn't any weekly maintenance like WoW. Don't get me wrong I like it if there are no long weekly scheduled maintenances like WoW has :p but I'd expect the same thing with sc2 or is it simply due to the fact that there isn't a huge playerbase yet?

Or is there a weekly schedule for maintenance's like wow on wednesday (for Europeans) and the week isn't over yet ?

Just wondering about it :D
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=6321864 Epic post.
darr3n
Profile Joined June 2010
101 Posts
August 02 2010 14:15 GMT
#4
Sc2 with it's battle.net 2.0 is a whole different server system. I'd say there are a lot of servers in which each work with the games, chat, etc. and in WoW there is one server for each realm, and it has to get updated and get cleaned of stuff, so there are no lags. Maybe Blizzard can "clean" the sc2 servers on the fly, which couldn't be possible for the WoW server.
I'm melting
MoreFaSho
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1427 Posts
August 02 2010 14:35 GMT
#5
I think Zerg MBS should be fixed for balance. Right now if you select 2 hatcheries or 2 evo chambers it does not properly divide the upgrades or the queen production between the two.
I always try to shield slam face, just to make sure it doesnt work
silencesc
Profile Joined July 2010
United States464 Posts
August 02 2010 16:33 GMT
#6
Anyone know if there will be a way to customize hotkeys for the races? I like the whole one hand thing, but it would be nice for some customization...
Real Men Proxy Gate | TEAM LIQUID HWITINGGGG!! PROUD MEMBER OF UC DAVIS CSL TEAM | "If you don't give a shit about what gum you eat, buy Stride" - Liquid`Tyler on SotG 4/19/2011
Chriamon
Profile Joined April 2010
United States886 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-02 16:58:04
August 02 2010 16:43 GMT
#7
Hmm, weird, I think 1v1 placement might take into account your other leagues. Example:

[image loading]
I just played this guy. And he was actually pretty decent, I assumed he was high plat/low diamond in 1v1 during the game.

Anybody else experienced anything like this? or was this just a fluke? (lol I got +2 for beating him)

On August 02 2010 23:35 MoreFasho wrote:
I think Zerg MBS should be fixed for balance. Right now if you select 2 hatcheries or 2 evo chambers it does not properly divide the upgrades or the queen production between the two.

I know what you are saying, but I don't know if I agree. Its not hard to just queue upgrades for each individually. Even if Blizz does want to change this, it definitely shouldn't be a top priority. How often do you want to research 2 things at once and you don't have enough time to click on a different hatchery before selecting the second upgrade. Not very often I'd wager.

On August 02 2010 23:02 koOma wrote:
plz help bring F keys back: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/169348947#new-post

Now I DEFINITELY agree with this. Not having played the campaign, I might be ignorant of this, but do you really need F2-F7 for heroes? Hell, Do you even need any F keys for heroes? Who the hell plays maps with heroes in them, and even knows about the hero hotkeys, much less uses them.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/274906/1/Blaze/
koOma
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway462 Posts
August 02 2010 17:50 GMT
#8


Show nested quote +
On August 02 2010 23:02 koOma wrote:
plz help bring F keys back: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/169348947#new-post

Now I DEFINITELY agree with this. Not having played the campaign, I might be ignorant of this, but do you really need F2-F7 for heroes? Hell, Do you even need any F keys for heroes? Who the hell plays maps with heroes in them, and even knows about the hero hotkeys, much less uses them.


thing is, if they want to keep those for heroes, just free them up for multiplayer. ez game : ) I hope all TL members who own SC2 post their support for this as there really are zero negative effects of having this happen.
He wears a mask so when he dogs his face / Each and every race could absorb the bass /// ST_Life
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
August 02 2010 22:07 GMT
#9
Posted as well. Since there are no heroes in multiplayer, and very few in single player (you have hero units in what, 1/8th of the missions?), they should just make it an option in the editor for when people make custom games.

Or just let people freely edit their keys....
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
August 03 2010 00:08 GMT
#10
On August 03 2010 01:43 Chriamon wrote:
Now I DEFINITELY agree with this. Not having played the campaign, I might be ignorant of this, but do you really need F2-F7 for heroes? Hell, Do you even need any F keys for heroes? Who the hell plays maps with heroes in them, and even knows about the hero hotkeys, much less uses them.


It's clearly a carry-over from WC3. Hero's were the single most important aspect of any multiplayer game, so it made total sense to have these hot-keyed to F keys. But I would agree that there is no reason to use these keys for heros in SC2. Why Blizzard cannot just give us a built-in hot key editing system I will never know. $100 million in development, and I can't change hotkeys.

There seem to be alot of these issues with SC2 though. Has anyone else had issue with the text in Bnet chat menus? I play on a laptop with a smaller screen so it would be really nice to be able to make this larger...
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
kakaman
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1576 Posts
August 03 2010 02:56 GMT
#11
http://kotaku.com/5602061/the-korean-starcraft-ii-plane-on-us-soil

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/08/500x_koreanair.jpg

Carrier has arrived
0tso
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden67 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-03 08:12:40
August 03 2010 08:10 GMT
#12
I really dislike Ghosts in SC2 (because I'm a protoss player obv) and I know a lot of people share my opinion that they are OP. I had an idea that EMP should not deal "damage" to the shields but rather just "change" the value to 0. This is a very soft nerf and it would still make EMP a great skill. Does any1 agree with me?

I'm unsure about the galaxy editor terminology but in wc3 the difference would be Damage/HP removal I think..

If that is the way it works right now... then I'm stupid ^_^
h
Fius
Profile Joined August 2010
Finland2 Posts
August 03 2010 10:00 GMT
#13
Just wondering, is it possible to start ladder from the very bottom without losing matches on purpose?

I'm not the best player out there, didn't play Beta, and on SC1 I never played online but I am familiar with the game and most of it's mechanics. I just beat the single player campaign, and now been playing against the Hard AI to practice my timing and such.

So yeah, I haven't even played a single B.net game in the fear of either being insanely owned, or being placed too high in the leagues based on few games and then just losing all the games from there on. I'd rather work my way up from the bottom and feel some sort of sense of achievement when going up in the ranks :D

And another thing..if I were to start on B.net now, about what rank (bronze-silver-gold etc.) equals to Hard AI difficulty? Impossible to say without generalizing a lot, but a rough estimate would be nice :p I can beat the AI most of the time and am still learning..
Aww, disappinter peanut.
sammler
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United Kingdom381 Posts
August 03 2010 11:45 GMT
#14
http://www.jinx.com/starcraft/men?sort=new

New SC2 t-shirts in the Jinx store!
"I wish I was good enough to be called bad by IdrA." - Moa
Raikynn
Profile Joined July 2010
41 Posts
August 03 2010 12:37 GMT
#15
This may sound like a stupid question but how do I play free for all? On the multiplayer quick match screen all I have is options for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4?
llortyag
Profile Joined August 2010
United States64 Posts
August 03 2010 12:45 GMT
#16
What does the reduce lag option do? Is it better for my play if i leave it on?
This place is backwards
opkoad
Profile Joined May 2010
United States28 Posts
August 03 2010 17:08 GMT
#17
As a silver player, rank 30 or so, I'd say that Hard AI is around top 20 bronze, Very Hard AI would be top 20 silver.
waquin14
Profile Joined April 2010
United States5 Posts
August 03 2010 18:10 GMT
#18
anybody from NA that bought SEA version? just wanted to know how it is.. i mean is it tooo laggy? i want to know based on somebody's experience how it was.. im currently here in CA using comcast.. please somebody let me know cause i really need to check if i need to get SEA or NA versions. thanks much in advance
doNt BLaMe OtHeRs fOr what YoUve BeCOme..U mAKe "yOuR" own LiFe ^__^
vektros
Profile Joined July 2010
2 Posts
August 03 2010 18:45 GMT
#19
On August 03 2010 19:00 Fius wrote:
Just wondering, is it possible to start ladder from the very bottom without losing matches on purpose?


practice league
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
August 03 2010 20:30 GMT
#20
On August 03 2010 19:00 Fius wrote:
And another thing..if I were to start on B.net now, about what rank (bronze-silver-gold etc.) equals to Hard AI difficulty? Impossible to say without generalizing a lot, but a rough estimate would be nice :p I can beat the AI most of the time and am still learning..


I would say gold/platinum would be hard AI difficulty. Battle.net is no where close to iccup. If you decided build units off of more than one gateway your practically in Gold.

At the Platinum level, people have a shaky grasp of the mechanics, can deal with dumb cheeses like cannon rushes. However, they can't handed tech switches as well, and don't expand as needed.

Of course, it's always fun to fail your placements. Get placed low, and ROFLstomp people 2 leagues ahead of you.
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft376
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft471
WinterStarcraft206
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 471
White-Ra 163
Noble 84
Hyuk 60
NaDa 54
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm149
League of Legends
Doublelift4278
Counter-Strike
taco 216
minikerr23
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox433
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor749
Other Games
summit1g7842
FrodaN1754
Coldzera 824
JimRising 494
C9.Mang0325
KnowMe156
ViBE69
Mew2King60
ArmadaUGS56
CosmosSc2 12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick763
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 112
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21018
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
9h 6m
Online Event
10h 6m
FEL
15h 6m
AI Arena Tournament
16h 6m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 6m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 11h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.