• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:50
CEST 18:50
KST 01:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10935 users

Why Zerg is Good - Page 30

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 All
DuncanIdaho
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States465 Posts
July 29 2010 21:35 GMT
#581
Yep, good points emothugn. I agree terran can be tough, but I usually go early air with roaches in the interim (and maybe speedlings,banelings, depending on terrans composition), and Zerg air seem to be great at beating Terran so far, as I'm in the gold league. Perhaps Terrans get better at being "unbeatable" at higher levels, but for now I do just fine. It's early proxying Protoss players I'm having the biggest issues with at the moment. But yeah, Zerg have yet to make me throw the game at the wall and stomp it to pieces.
The spice must flow... Grammar lesson: "than" is used for quantity comparisons, "then" is used for chronological statements. The next forum user who says, "I'd do such and such, THAN I'd do such and such else," is gonna make me cry...
Terrifyer
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States338 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-29 21:39:09
July 29 2010 21:38 GMT
#582
I just feel that terran mech is too strong, and that making NP last 12 seconds makes it even harder to deal with tanks. I Think they need to switch NP back to unlimited so the thors and tanks wont kill your army off even if you win the scrimmage with only a few units left.

I mean, NP will just become useless in comparison to FG and IT if left at 12 seconds
eat shit and die
Melt
Profile Joined May 2010
Switzerland281 Posts
July 29 2010 21:42 GMT
#583
On July 30 2010 06:38 Terrifyer wrote:
I just feel that terran mech is too strong, and that making NP last 12 seconds makes it even harder to deal with tanks. I Think they need to switch NP back to unlimited so the thors and tanks wont kill your army off even if you win the scrimmage with only a few units left.

I mean, NP will just become useless in comparison to FG and IT if left at 12 seconds


I honestly thought that was a bug. Creep Tumor has been changed back to 15 Seconds and i hoped NP would last forever again too.

I mean, it's really hard to use NP anyway.. but if you manage to get it off, you should be able to keep the Unit... you could still kill the Infestor to get it back.
Pking
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden142 Posts
July 29 2010 22:42 GMT
#584
I think you've captured the three main strengths of the Zerg. A lot of it is certainly under-used in the <diamond leagues. Take for instance tech switching. If you are Zerg, e.g. facing Terran, just putting down a spire can be scary for the Terran. The mere threat that you can produce a bunch of mutas at any point means I as a Terran have to build new production facilities, invest in AA, etc and you don't have to get a single mutalisk.

I also see way to many players making the mistake of sticking with the same kinds of units, e.g. only getting a roach warren or a hydralisk den, why would you ever not get both? Its not a huge investment. Also, many are sticking with lower-tier units for way to long, maybe its just tempting to just mass same kinds of units.
jax1492
Profile Joined November 2009
United States1632 Posts
July 30 2010 01:40 GMT
#585
I read this before the launch and was not sold ... after launch im now a zerg player ... its amazing how good they actually are.
Batch
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden692 Posts
July 30 2010 03:08 GMT
#586
On July 30 2010 10:40 jax1492 wrote:
I read this before the launch and was not sold ... after launch im now a zerg player ... its amazing how good they actually are.

Everything is relative.

Don't know if this is some kind of "Idra effect" but has everyone rerolled zerg? Since the launch it feels like I have been playing a whole lot more ZvsZ than during the beta. Maybe it's only because all zerg players are as bad as I and play in the middle segment.

Something else worth mentioning is that I haven't faced any thor+tank combo since the release?
TheAngelofDeath
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2033 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-30 03:12:02
July 30 2010 03:11 GMT
#587
Playing loads of Zerg lately. I believe it to be the IdrA effect as well. It's insane.
"Infestors are the suck" - LzGamer
Melt
Profile Joined May 2010
Switzerland281 Posts
July 30 2010 03:14 GMT
#588
In my first 30 Ladder Games i played only 1 Zerg and he was random...

The IdrA effect is truly insane
Vessel
Profile Joined June 2010
United States214 Posts
July 30 2010 03:44 GMT
#589
On July 30 2010 12:14 Melt wrote:
In my first 30 Ladder Games i played only 1 Zerg and he was random...

The IdrA effect is truly insane



same story with me. i dont see any zergs. guess i just need to find a zerg practice partner
arnold(soTa)
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden352 Posts
July 31 2010 09:09 GMT
#590
ye I duno about that, there are 20 zergs in my diamond div of 100.

my frirends div of about 30 players has one zerg, him :D

I tend to draw mostly T or P opponents lately.. not complaining, I like zv p/t much more than zvz

but it seems queite clear that most players at the top of the ladders are T or P at the moment, hope that changes.
"I like turtles"
Endymion
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States3701 Posts
July 31 2010 09:10 GMT
#591
Tons of Z at ~500 ELO diamond, all I get is ZvZ =/ seems like a deficit of P to me.
Have you considered the MMO-Champion forum? You are just as irrational and delusional with the right portion of nostalgic populism. By the way: The old Brood War was absolutely unplayable
billyX333
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States1360 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-31 09:22:49
July 31 2010 09:19 GMT
#592
On July 31 2010 18:10 Endymion wrote:
Tons of Z at ~500 ELO diamond, all I get is ZvZ =/ seems like a deficit of P to me.

12 zergs in top 50
everybody is hallucinating
close to same # of zergs (if not fewer than) as other races from what I can tell

on topic: I actually think zvp is Z favored
and ZvT is balanced in the far distant positions on LT/metalopolis/blistering sands

I just think zvt is fucking hard as fuck on steppes/kulas/close positions on metalopolis/LT

off topic - I still don't know how raelcun's threads get so much pub
whether hes right or not is beside the point
hes like a couch-based expert, spectating/casting far more games than he plays

Prev 1 28 29 30 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 433
UpATreeSC 89
Codebar 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37053
Calm 3805
Bisu 1640
Shuttle 1248
FanTaSy 998
Mini 396
EffOrt 324
actioN 274
Rush 208
firebathero 196
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 185
Dewaltoss 100
Barracks 73
Zeus 63
Liquid`Ret 43
Sharp 30
Hyun 29
Free 27
soO 26
Pusan 24
Bale 24
Aegong 20
HiyA 20
PianO 18
Shine 16
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6901
Dendi1118
XaKoH 353
League of Legends
KnowMe51
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1130
x6flipin670
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes666
Other Games
singsing2372
FrodaN1142
Beastyqt577
mouzStarbuck318
B2W.Neo224
byalli194
Livibee187
C9.Mang0120
RotterdaM106
Trikslyr68
Mew2King54
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 55
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV497
Other Games
• Shiphtur950
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 25m
Replay Cast
6h 10m
OSC
1d 6h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 17h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.