• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:22
CEST 15:22
KST 22:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War465.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7804 users

Supply Count of Dropped Allies

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Kantutan
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1319 Posts
July 13 2010 17:01 GMT
#1
First off, it was a great change to split the income of players not present in the game amongst their allies (as opposed to the allies not knowing how much resources the dropped player had yet being able to use them). However, Blizzard overlooked one more thing, which is the supply count of the dropped players.

I haven't seen any discussion on this yet but I think it's something that needs to be changed. Having played several games already in which a teammate has dropped, I can say that it's quite frustrating to try and guess where his supply is at. You end up massing overlords/pylons/supply depots just to ensure they don't get supply capped. Controlling two players is hard enough; controlling two players when you can't see the supply of one is quite a bit harder.

I'm guessing Blizzard expects players to use the dropped player primarily for income (which is a valid strategy). In WarCraft III, teammates couldn't use the dropped player's resources on their own units/buildings but they could see the gold/lumber/supply and control that player. StarCraft II is different because there is no upkeep system and so Blizzard probably thinks the disadvantaged team can just use the extra income to build up armies faster.

As mentioned, while it is a valid strategy to use the dropped player exclusively for income, they should allow us the versatility to be able to play the dropped player standard if the teammates are skilled enough to do so. Being able to see the supply would help quite a bit in order to keep up with timings, etc.

PS. I wrote this only keeping in mind games where players drop at the beginning, because that's what happened in my games each time. In the late game it would be a lot more beneficial to be able to see the supply, as the main and expos should already be saturated and the focus is more about building up armies.
Kantutan
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1319 Posts
July 13 2010 17:38 GMT
#2
I find it sad no one thinks this is a legitimate concern and instead spams one paragraph OPs about marketing and hacks. I thought TL was better than this. I suppose I'll make an account on the battle.net forums so Blizzard actually becomes aware of this.
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-13 17:40:27
July 13 2010 17:40 GMT
#3
On July 14 2010 02:38 Kantutan wrote:
I find it sad no one thinks this is a legitimate concern and instead spams one paragraph OPs about marketing and hacks. I thought TL was better than this. I suppose I'll make an account on the battle.net forums so Blizzard actually becomes aware of this.

OK, good luck! I'm sorry that we could not live up to your expectations!
ModeratorGood content always wins.
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
July 13 2010 17:42 GMT
#4
what?

It's fine to make an OP like this but don't post in response to your own OP with some kind of disappointment about the other things that have happened to have been discussed.

Give your own thread a chance man.
Reptilia
Profile Joined June 2010
Chile913 Posts
July 13 2010 17:42 GMT
#5
if you dont have enough patience to wait for an answer in tl, then good luck with blues on blizzard forums.
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources
Skruttis
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden187 Posts
July 13 2010 17:48 GMT
#6
I would prefere the way it was in Warcraft III, with the bar in the top right corner, just to keep you updated. But the shared income is a nice touch, and even used by pros like LiquidJinro and LiquidTLO in the 2v2 TeamAmerica Vs TeamEurope.
But i agree that there should be some versitality in the game and not forcing you to just go econ with the dropped player. This i still not see is the only way, because you always have the option of spending your money in both the players bases.
Still there would be nice with some supply-bars in the corner, much like in WC3!
cloaked
Profile Joined February 2010
United States32 Posts
July 13 2010 17:53 GMT
#7
lol, was going to reply to your thread, but then I figured it would be best to post this issue on the blizzard forums first so they can fix it. Unfortunately the forums are undergoing maintenance right now.

I'd like a simple supply display for the dropped player.
Kantutan
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1319 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-13 17:59:59
July 13 2010 17:57 GMT
#8
On July 14 2010 02:40 motbob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2010 02:38 Kantutan wrote:
I find it sad no one thinks this is a legitimate concern and instead spams one paragraph OPs about marketing and hacks. I thought TL was better than this. I suppose I'll make an account on the battle.net forums so Blizzard actually becomes aware of this.

OK, good luck! I'm sorry that we could not live up to your expectations!


*shrug, I know I came off sounding as a douche but I know that I'm by far not the only one who thinks the quality of the SC2 forums has dropped drastically since beta started. I came to TL in February and basically every thread that popped up as well as the comments within them were great and worth reading. The past couple months, not so much. It's rather frustrating, sorry.
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
July 13 2010 18:14 GMT
#9
I agree with you there man but saying so in this context isn't going to help you any more with the mods.
XenoJesus
Profile Joined June 2010
United States72 Posts
July 13 2010 18:41 GMT
#10
A really good idea, but just chill with the expectation of quick replies. It's not a chat channel, you know?
Pablols
Profile Joined August 2009
Chile519 Posts
July 13 2010 19:02 GMT
#11
On July 14 2010 02:38 Kantutan wrote:
I find it sad no one thinks this is a legitimate concern and instead spams one paragraph OPs about marketing and hacks. I thought TL was better than this. I suppose I'll make an account on the battle.net forums so Blizzard actually becomes aware of this.

:/ daaamn so self centered
charlie420247
Profile Joined November 2009
United States692 Posts
July 13 2010 19:18 GMT
#12
ya the posts have lost some quality in the last few months sure. ya some of the newer members are rude have no manners and troll like crazy. yes information is getting harder and harder to obtain because too many people that dont know what there talking about are posting. but dude have you ever been to blizzards website? i dont post much unless i actually have somthing to say, so i will say this. go try blizzards forum. youll be back on TL tomorrow because this is and probably always will be one of the best sc communities anywhere.
there are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Chriamon
Profile Joined April 2010
United States886 Posts
July 13 2010 19:20 GMT
#13
Lol, the OP derailed his own thread, should change the title of this thread to suit the new discussion about post quality on TL.net.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/274906/1/Blaze/
Morayfire73
Profile Joined April 2010
United States298 Posts
July 13 2010 20:27 GMT
#14
I believe that a better way to fix this would instead of showing your dropped partners supply, instead bump your supply to 400, and allow for both you and your opponents supply buildings to increase the available supply. This would not clutter the UI and allow the disadvantage of a dropped partner to decrease.
[Insert witty comment here]
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
July 13 2010 20:34 GMT
#15
On July 14 2010 02:57 Kantutan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2010 02:40 motbob wrote:
On July 14 2010 02:38 Kantutan wrote:
I find it sad no one thinks this is a legitimate concern and instead spams one paragraph OPs about marketing and hacks. I thought TL was better than this. I suppose I'll make an account on the battle.net forums so Blizzard actually becomes aware of this.

OK, good luck! I'm sorry that we could not live up to your expectations!


*shrug, I know I came off sounding as a douche but I know that I'm by far not the only one who thinks the quality of the SC2 forums has dropped drastically since beta started. I came to TL in February and basically every thread that popped up as well as the comments within them were great and worth reading. The past couple months, not so much. It's rather frustrating, sorry.


Are you new to the internet? A big increase in posters -> worse quality of posts is pretty standard, no point in getting frustrated about it.
Skruttis
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden187 Posts
July 13 2010 21:19 GMT
#16
So back to the question. Wouldn't an increase to 400 bring some new problems? Like some "super criticalmass" of voidrays or that sort? Still, with two playing protoss it could still end upp that way, with like 120 rays destroying everything. But a shared unitcount seems like a bigger change, i just don't agree with that...
tathecat563
Profile Joined April 2010
United States96 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-13 21:29:09
July 13 2010 21:28 GMT
#17
Legitimate concern, just a bit poorly expressed.

Anyway, yes the supply count for absent allies should be there.
Hi
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 277
TKL 226
CranKy Ducklings108
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko501
Serral 400
TKL 226
IndyStarCraft 210
Rex 103
ProTech101
MindelVK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 62568
Free 2348
Jaedong 1566
BeSt 572
Horang2 322
firebathero 231
Zeus 198
Last 112
Hyun 110
Pusan 81
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 69
910 37
soO 36
Aegong 21
Noble 20
Yoon 17
scan(afreeca) 17
Trap 15
Rock 14
Sacsri 10
Icarus 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6793
Dendi943
XaKoH 436
canceldota87
Other Games
gofns35210
singsing2336
B2W.Neo491
byalli361
Pyrionflax300
ToD192
Mlord128
DeMusliM108
Liquid`VortiX85
QueenE65
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV237
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 29
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1770
League of Legends
• Jankos2953
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
3h 39m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 39m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 39m
Patches Events
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
OSC
1d 9h
OSC
1d 22h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.