• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:29
CEST 17:29
KST 00:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8778 users

Spawn = Attack Move - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 Next All
freshiie22
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada132 Posts
July 08 2010 10:35 GMT
#61
On July 08 2010 13:19 Fizzgig wrote:
I've read no arguments against having a toggle-able rally point which when right clicked, will have units attack move, and will have units move by default, just like auto-repair. This is the best of both worlds with an easy and intuitive interface.

And for those of you wondering, Warcraft III uses attack move rally points.

Thats true, I guess if the enemy decides to pick off your reinf your pretty much screwed, but we should be able to chose how the die if so, attacking or running buy
Phase 1: Bronze League Rank 78. Phase 2: Silver Rank 45 .August 23: Platinum Rank 7 and climbing
Phayze
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2029 Posts
July 08 2010 10:40 GMT
#62
I feel this makes zerglings VERY weak against protoss. I used to defend my nat, many times with a nice zergling spawn and now they just run through zealots getting instagibbed on the way. Also is it just me of do zerglings feel even weaker now? I dont know what it o_o
Proud member of the LGA-1366 Core-i7 4Ghz Club
Kashll
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1117 Posts
July 08 2010 10:44 GMT
#63
MICRO YOUR UNITS.

USE MORE THAN 30 APM

Seriously everyone whining about this (fantastic) change just points out that "their guys die omg". Whereas the people arguing in favor of the move mechanic actually have decent points. I.E. Rines near hatch, want lings to move away so you can build them up, rally attacking scouts needlessly, etc.
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
Freezard
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Sweden1030 Posts
July 08 2010 10:46 GMT
#64
lol I couldn't imagine having Attack-Move-RP in BW but I guess for new players it's nice to have. Sucks for us others who would like to control our units though.
Aken
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada31 Posts
July 08 2010 10:49 GMT
#65
On July 08 2010 16:53 Orzabal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2010 10:15 Sixes wrote:
I think the biggest thing (for me at least) will be the ability to rally my zerglings behind the hatchery when marines are attacking the front. As it is I always lose one of them at least before I can get them all to turn around and get out (and I start with egg selected spamming, but they always take 2 steps towards the marines first).

If I want an attack move it is much easier to select them in transition (or if it is to attack something really close just don't give them a rally point).


We should have the choice :

- Click the RP : move
- Shift Click the RP : A move.


I like the idea
teapot
Profile Joined October 2007
United Kingdom266 Posts
July 08 2010 10:51 GMT
#66
just make it like move and a-move. Press "A" when issuing the rally point to make it an attack rally.
Fen
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Australia1848 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-08 10:52:28
July 08 2010 10:52 GMT
#67
There is nothing more frustrating than having my spawning lings charging at an enemy when their rally point is set in the opposite direction. The amount of lings Ive lost to this is just rage inducing, and theres NOTHING I can do about it but try and grab them before they get roasted.

The move rally is far better, however I support a toggle
rjT.
Profile Joined May 2008
Italy295 Posts
July 08 2010 10:55 GMT
#68
Move RP!
This is the best feature that comes with the "new beta", finally this game is becoming a bit more complicated. This is important because it shows that blizz may stop taking the way of "everbody is a winner" and start creating a competitive game
Diks
Profile Joined January 2010
Belgium1880 Posts
July 08 2010 11:04 GMT
#69
Rally move is so more controllable.
When you get your early expo hatch attacked by marines and you build 12 lings out of your 2 hatcheries an want to rally up your choke.
All the lings will actually run out there and you won't have half of your army attacking out of position + other half up the choke...
This happened to me several times.
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
July 08 2010 12:14 GMT
#70
Move rally is by far better. In 100% of situations you have more time to grab your units and go from move -> attack move than you have to grab your units and make them go from attack move -> move.

I don't support a toggle because it's just another annoying level of complexity in the game's UI. I would support such an option in the game's options though. Default should be move, because it's better and while it's a bit of personal taste I'd still say it's worse to go attack-move default.
Logo
collective
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada138 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-08 13:20:38
July 08 2010 13:17 GMT
#71
On July 08 2010 19:44 Kashll wrote:
MICRO YOUR UNITS.

USE MORE THAN 30 APM

Seriously everyone whining about this (fantastic) change just points out that "their guys die omg". Whereas the people arguing in favor of the move mechanic actually have decent points. I.E. Rines near hatch, want lings to move away so you can build them up, rally attacking scouts needlessly, etc.


when playing in a 2v2 as a zerg player, this change gives me alot of grief. when my teammate was getting attacked by a huge force, I of course rally all my hatcheries to his base to try and help. but since there are multiple expansions, the units come from multiple directions.

if i dont babysit every direction, then I lose units for free. I can't just draw a rectangle around them, because there was usually an overlord above their heads, and it takes too long to shift click the overlords out of my rectangle, because the units move so fast on creep that they reach the enemy force and die. imagine trying to select a group of 12 speedlings on creep (super fast!) rushing towards their own death. its like i have to save all my units from jumping off a cliff.

It's especially difficult when the units running are of different unit types; then it will take multiple ctrl-clicks to save them all. as zerg, all the units pop out of eggs, which means that they will not always run as a cluster, but be spread out a little bit, which makes boxing them even more challenging.

I want the option of choosing a-move rally, or I might have to switch to protoss who gets warp-in. this is awful for me. and yes, my APM is higher than 30, but when there is a million things going on at once, I dont want to spend a huge chunk of my time babysitting units that will kill themselves if I don't stop them, especially when a quick change can give me more of my ingame time back to things that are more useful.

the sad part is that I wish I could post my opinion on the official bliz forum, but I really don't want to post my first and last name, so I can only hope that bliz would read this thread and this poll.
ALPINA
Profile Joined May 2010
3791 Posts
July 08 2010 13:21 GMT
#72
It's very situational and sometimes you need so spawned units attack-move and sometime to just go in exact location.

Let's say if i plan early rush as zerg and i set RP to enemy base and there is probe in my base, then zerglings will attack probe so i need to separate move them.

Does not really matter..
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
DeCoup
Profile Joined September 2006
Australia1933 Posts
July 08 2010 13:22 GMT
#73
On July 08 2010 16:53 Orzabal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2010 10:15 Sixes wrote:
I think the biggest thing (for me at least) will be the ability to rally my zerglings behind the hatchery when marines are attacking the front. As it is I always lose one of them at least before I can get them all to turn around and get out (and I start with egg selected spamming, but they always take 2 steps towards the marines first).

If I want an attack move it is much easier to select them in transition (or if it is to attack something really close just don't give them a rally point).


We should have the choice :

- Click the RP : move
- Shift Click the RP : A move.

Shift already has a use when setting production facility rally points. It lets you set waypoints in the rally point. So for example you can make your rax rally point go around an enemy cannon not thru it.
"Poor guy. I really did not deserve that win. So this is what it's like to play Protoss..." - IdrA
JohannesH
Profile Joined September 2009
Finland1364 Posts
July 08 2010 13:22 GMT
#74
should have both options.
If you have to ask, you don't know.
loadme
Profile Joined April 2010
171 Posts
July 08 2010 13:25 GMT
#75
its not the worst change
now sc2 gets somehow more difficult.

especially when massing units
Yes.
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
July 08 2010 13:32 GMT
#76
I agree, shift click rally point could be attack
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Dread.
Profile Joined July 2010
United States13 Posts
July 08 2010 13:32 GMT
#77
I really don’t see why there can’t be both options. Personally, I liked A-move RP. Perhaps ALT + right-click for A-move…?
Dread.
Profile Joined July 2010
United States13 Posts
July 08 2010 13:34 GMT
#78
On July 08 2010 22:32 godlfishs wrote:
I agree, shift click rally point could be attack


Shift-click for attack would mess up the ability to issue multiple move commands or a-move commands, which would kind of suck. Sometimes to have to make your units go an alternate path and not a straight line.
Grokken
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden245 Posts
July 08 2010 13:39 GMT
#79
click = move
a+click = attack move?
ElPeque.fogata
Profile Joined May 2010
Uruguay462 Posts
July 08 2010 14:03 GMT
#80
having both would be nice.
GribStream.com - Historical Weather Forecast API - https://gribstream.com/
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 689
ComeBackTV 433
SteadfastSC386
Rex119
CosmosSc2 48
EnkiAlexander 44
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 386
ProTech157
Rex 119
CosmosSc2 48
UpATreeSC 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42473
Hyuk 1210
Jaedong 1070
Soma 855
Mini 610
Horang2 561
EffOrt 498
BeSt 482
Larva 402
Soulkey 353
[ Show more ]
ZerO 302
Stork 264
Last 227
Snow 216
ggaemo 213
Rush 201
hero 78
Mind 72
Free 50
Killer 41
Sharp 33
Liquid`Ret 32
Shinee 31
Terrorterran 25
Shine 25
sorry 22
ToSsGirL 21
HiyA 21
yabsab 18
Trap 16
Rock 16
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8468
qojqva1523
Dendi797
Counter-Strike
x6flipin819
Fnx 765
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2397
Khaldor1893
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2810
singsing2094
B2W.Neo952
hiko949
byalli421
Liquid`VortiX196
KnowMe110
Mew2King81
QueenE79
Trikslyr31
Railgan14
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream109
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile112
• StrangeGG 8
• Adnapsc2 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 15
• FirePhoenix3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2519
League of Legends
• Nemesis1883
• Jankos1130
• TFBlade837
Other Games
• Shiphtur329
• WagamamaTV236
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
18h 32m
OSC
21h 32m
Stellar Fest
21h 32m
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 21h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.