• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:31
CEST 14:31
KST 21:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9328 users

How to fix TvZ Mech - Page 23

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 45 Next All
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
June 03 2010 14:25 GMT
#441
Wait, so is TLO wanting to play TvT mech or is he going to play zerg?
Wat
nyshak
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany132 Posts
June 03 2010 14:30 GMT
#442
On June 03 2010 22:00 kickinhead wrote:

As soon as you see Zerg using strong timing-attacks, great macro, Drops, Nydus-Worms, Speedling-Counterattacks, Burrow etc., Zerg definitely has a fair chance against Terran-Mech, but Zerg just seem to think that they can win in straight-up battles.



Did you read the other threads about this? Drops, Worms etc. require your opponent to leave himself vulnerable. No or not enough missile turrets. No sensor tower etc. As Idra put it, its not a good strat to rely on your opponents shortcomings.

Plus, I strongly disagree with the rest of your post. SC2 is not like SC1 when it comes to terran mech. Tanks no longer overkill, their auto-aim will prevent that. They are MUCH stronger than they were in BW.

Im not trying to say terran mech needs to be nerfed to the ground, but if we're talking about it, please do not compare apples to oranges. SC2 is not BW. What was balances in BW is not automatically balanced in SC2.
B-)
Liquid`Sheth
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States2095 Posts
June 03 2010 14:32 GMT
#443
TLO, I'm now part of your fan club. Because even though I think mech is a bit overpowered endgame I'm glad a terran who thinks otherwise is willing to play some more games vs this style and then talk about it ^^

P.S. (Would love to see QXC vs. TLO) They both have 3 letter names even, how much more epic could it get?
Team LiquidUnderneath it all they were really quite nice. They just got screwed up. Mostly by stuff that wasn't entirely their fault.
KobraKay
Profile Joined March 2010
Portugal4388 Posts
June 03 2010 14:35 GMT
#444
On June 03 2010 23:25 Tenks wrote:
Wait, so is TLO wanting to play TvT mech or is he going to play zerg?


Hes going to play Zerg to show how to beat Mech.
CJ Fighting! (--.--)
tubs
Profile Joined March 2010
764 Posts
June 03 2010 14:35 GMT
#445
On June 03 2010 20:04 TheLittleOne wrote:
I am breaking a leg for the few people saying that mech is infact not overpowered at all.
You can count me as T and Z. Because i play TvZ but, when faced with a Terran I started playing alot Zerg again now. And I feel like I only have problems against mech if I really screw up or when facing a very hard opponent.

I will accept any challenge by a Top Terran player saying mech is too strong. Lets do some games and I will try to change your mind.


Wow. This is one of the reasons TLO has so many fans So baller!

"Roach dies to immortal and rockit black guy" - Tierdal.thex
PacketOverflow
Profile Joined May 2010
United States80 Posts
June 03 2010 14:37 GMT
#446
I think allowing Infestors to cast while burrowed could help balance this out. Just burrow 3-5 Infestors into parasite range of the tanks. You can cause them to blow themselves up really fast because the AI always targets mind controlled units last, but if there are none of YOUR units present (Infestors are burrowed) then the tanks will start blowing themselves up really fast. The Terran must be watching his army very closely or he could lose a lot of tanks really quick.

Another idea would be to change the AI so that it targets mind controlled units as a priority, forcing the victim to have to micro to prevent too much damage to his own army and making parasite more worthwhile in dangerous fights.

In the meantime, splitting up all your mutalisks and attacking the few Thors will take them out without many losses and then the tanks are easy pickings.
Fight or flight? Yeah, right.
Everlong
Profile Joined April 2010
Czech Republic1973 Posts
June 03 2010 14:41 GMT
#447
Im sorry PacketOverflow, but this is probably the funniest idea Ive found here.. Not only that would be countered by single Raven, or Turrets, which both are now used cos of burrowed Roach. It would break the whole game probably, like - instantly..
antelope591
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada820 Posts
June 03 2010 14:41 GMT
#448
On June 03 2010 21:02 TheLittleOne wrote:
Show nested quote +
Question vs mech do you play long macro games or go for timing attacks? This thread was intended to be about the fact that vs mech you can't macro you have to break the terran earlier and for many of the macro players like Sheth or Idra this means they are forced to play out of their chosen playstyle.


I usually go for long macro oriented games, I start with ling infestor try to grab a third base and then tech up to ultralisks who do SO much damage against mech.
also drop upgrade for overlords is essential.

its basicly like in broodwar. Stall time with ling + defiler. So you can get your ultras out and then you will be fine.


Now I def wanna see the match cause this is something I haven't seen any zerg try before...but if anyone would be willing to try a new strat it would be TLO
shiftY803
Profile Joined April 2010
200 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-03 14:45:38
June 03 2010 14:42 GMT
#449
One thing I think is a problem in a "mech vs. zerg showmatch" is that the zerg player enters the game KNOWING the terran is going mech. That is ridiculous and changes the game completely.

Any match versus TLO needs to have the terran playing straight-up, with all strats available, from marine/scv cheese, to MMM+tanks, to mech. Unfortunately that makes for alot more games to "prove" anything, and we have like no time.

Edit: To clarify, I'm saying that the zerg player cannot be allowed to "cheat," because knowing what the opponent is going to do without having to scout and/or prepare for possible early all-ins/pushes is not a realistic game.
live without appeal. ~ camus
Mortaegus
Profile Joined June 2010
United States7 Posts
June 03 2010 14:43 GMT
#450
I think that the best way to solve the mech problem is to make muta more viable verses terran.

Instead of thor doing splash damage, it should fire at 1-4 targets, like the multishot ability from warcraft 3, and maybe get a small damage buff. This would have the added benefit of aiding in TvT, since the thor would be quite viable against massed vikings, where it currently isn't because vikings spread so much. Another benefit I see is that, where the thor isn't as powerful against muta, the terran will be required to supplement his mech forces with some marines, or else build turrets on his tank lines. I really think this could work.
The essence of time is transient. Always remember to make haste slowly.
Liquid`TLO
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Germany767 Posts
June 03 2010 14:43 GMT
#451
I dont think it is a problem, as it is really easy to find out what terran is doing as zerg. At least to find out wether he is going mech or bionic.
Team Liquidalea iacta est
antelope591
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada820 Posts
June 03 2010 14:44 GMT
#452
On June 03 2010 23:42 shiftY803 wrote:
One thing I think is a problem in a "mech vs. zerg showmatch" is that the zerg player enters the game KNOWING the terran is going mech. That is ridiculous and changes the game completely.

Any match versus TLO needs to have the terran playing straight-up, with all strats available, from marine/scv cheese, to MMM+tanks, to mech. Unfortunately that makes for alot more games to "prove" anything, and we have like no time.


how is that diff from any other ladder game when u KNOW the terran's gonna go mech if you're Z...the point is to show that the strat is beatable which people claim its not. Also TLO has discussed the strat he uses so whoever he plays has the same advantage
shiftY803
Profile Joined April 2010
200 Posts
June 03 2010 14:46 GMT
#453
On June 03 2010 23:44 antelope591 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 03 2010 23:42 shiftY803 wrote:
One thing I think is a problem in a "mech vs. zerg showmatch" is that the zerg player enters the game KNOWING the terran is going mech. That is ridiculous and changes the game completely.

Any match versus TLO needs to have the terran playing straight-up, with all strats available, from marine/scv cheese, to MMM+tanks, to mech. Unfortunately that makes for alot more games to "prove" anything, and we have like no time.


how is that diff from any other ladder game when u KNOW the terran's gonna go mech if you're Z...the point is to show that the strat is beatable which people claim its not. Also TLO has discussed the strat he uses so whoever he plays has the same advantage


You don't know. I was overcompensating for mech and lost to an all-in marine push last night. I felt like a f*&%$ng noob.
live without appeal. ~ camus
roemy
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany432 Posts
June 03 2010 14:48 GMT
#454
On June 03 2010 20:04 TheLittleOne wrote:
And I feel like I only have problems against mech if I really screw up or when facing a very hard opponent.
selling yourself short there for a bit
rock is fine.. paper could need a buff, but scissors have to be nerfed
antelope591
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada820 Posts
June 03 2010 14:48 GMT
#455
On June 03 2010 23:46 shiftY803 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 03 2010 23:44 antelope591 wrote:
On June 03 2010 23:42 shiftY803 wrote:
One thing I think is a problem in a "mech vs. zerg showmatch" is that the zerg player enters the game KNOWING the terran is going mech. That is ridiculous and changes the game completely.

Any match versus TLO needs to have the terran playing straight-up, with all strats available, from marine/scv cheese, to MMM+tanks, to mech. Unfortunately that makes for alot more games to "prove" anything, and we have like no time.


how is that diff from any other ladder game when u KNOW the terran's gonna go mech if you're Z...the point is to show that the strat is beatable which people claim its not. Also TLO has discussed the strat he uses so whoever he plays has the same advantage


You don't know. I was overcompensating for mech and lost to an all-in marine push last night. I felt like a f*&%$ng noob.


well you should've scouted better then sry ...obv if you see 1/1/1 its some kind of mech build, multiple barracks = bio. Not really that hard to figure out
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-03 14:49:56
June 03 2010 14:48 GMT
#456
There's a little variance that can be tricky (is the terran going mech, biomech, or 1/1/1) and on 4 player maps sometimes you may get unlucky and not get in before wall-off, but for the most part it's pretty clear. Either way, if Zerg players can just see some stable strategy that works they can at least have something to work on and adapt to be safe vs other builds as well.
Logo
shiftY803
Profile Joined April 2010
200 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-03 14:52:15
June 03 2010 14:51 GMT
#457
All I saw was the rax with no addon, depots, and a couple marines when I checked his ramp. Had I also sacced an overlord, I would have seen 3 more rax, but I didn't. Do most people sac an overlord early?

Edit: And yes, I scouted his position last and could not get thru the wall-in.
live without appeal. ~ camus
KMK
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States29 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-03 14:53:03
June 03 2010 14:52 GMT
#458
On June 03 2010 10:30 Louder wrote:
More brood lords / corruptors / nydus into main/expansions


I agree with This, I don't have problems with mech as zerg. I saw Ret own the shit out of mech with roaches/speedlings and blings. Then he just tunneled the roaches into the Terrans mineral lines and forced a gg. I don't think Its the tanks. I think its more not letting shit happen. Not letting you opp get ahead etc.. you can't just sit there and let the Terran build up. Get skill and stop crying about everything.
antelope591
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada820 Posts
June 03 2010 14:53 GMT
#459
On June 03 2010 23:51 shiftY803 wrote:
All I saw was the rax with no addon, depots, and a couple marines when I checked his ramp. Had I also sacced an overlord, I would have seen 3 more rax, but I didn't. Do most people sac an overlord early?


I see most people sac an OV vs T nowadays....I think its worth it myself to avoid a situation where you lose to an all-in like that
cArn-
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Korea (South)824 Posts
June 03 2010 14:55 GMT
#460
On June 03 2010 23:42 shiftY803 wrote:
One thing I think is a problem in a "mech vs. zerg showmatch" is that the zerg player enters the game KNOWING the terran is going mech. That is ridiculous and changes the game completely.

Any match versus TLO needs to have the terran playing straight-up, with all strats available, from marine/scv cheese, to MMM+tanks, to mech. Unfortunately that makes for alot more games to "prove" anything, and we have like no time.

Edit: To clarify, I'm saying that the zerg player cannot be allowed to "cheat," because knowing what the opponent is going to do without having to scout and/or prepare for possible early all-ins/pushes is not a realistic game.


It doesn't really matter, the op is actually pointing out that mech is broken against Zerg. Ok, fine.
Then just let's see a series from TLO in ZvT, just normal series, T can do whatever he wants, but as in the current state of the game mech is the most effective in TvZ that's what his opponent will be doing anyway. Sure we're talking about mech vZ but it doesn't FORCE the T in this kind of showmatch to go straight for mech.
Twitter : http://twitter.com/CARNDARAK
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 45 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Classic vs PercivalLIVE!
herO vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 951
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs KrystianerLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings216
CranKy Ducklings SOOP18
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech69
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45413
Shuttle 13015
FanTaSy 1550
Hyuk 1223
BeSt 611
Horang2 498
Pusan 358
Mini 337
Stork 238
EffOrt 230
[ Show more ]
Last 157
Zeus 153
Killer 135
Mind 92
sorry 78
Soma 62
Hyun 60
Sea.KH 56
ggaemo 49
PianO 49
Snow 46
ToSsGirL 38
hero 35
Hm[arnc] 31
Bale 29
Aegong 22
JYJ 17
zelot 17
NaDa 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Sacsri 9
Noble 8
Dota 2
Dendi927
XcaliburYe375
qojqva41
Counter-Strike
fl0m2427
byalli988
x6flipin497
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu299
Other Games
gofns32752
singsing3175
B2W.Neo969
Hui .157
Livibee138
ArmadaUGS93
Mew2King65
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick660
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream80
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1178
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
2h 29m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 29m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 29m
Replay Cast
10h 29m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 29m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
22h 29m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 22h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.