• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:46
CEST 10:46
KST 17:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)31Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8444 users

Day[9].tv Daily - Page 671

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 669 670 671 672 673 1118 Next
damorphy
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands78 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-27 18:02:50
October 27 2010 18:02 GMT
#13401
On October 28 2010 02:13 Noble wrote:
@ Sleight:
Clip is on Youtube, i nearly died there, was the hardest i laughed at in the last 10 years.

After viewing a few times again:
How the hell did he deliver on the exact moment ... simply genious !


Lol this was so funny, I watched it a couple of times as well .
Oh it's ON !
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
October 27 2010 18:09 GMT
#13402
On October 28 2010 02:35 Noble wrote:
For Chrome/Iron and Firefox this works for me:
Resize any page by using the zooming function via holding down the left Ctrl key and scrolling the mouse wheel, then open the archive day9tv.blip.tv.

If you first load day9tv.blip.tv and then resize via holding down the Ctrl key and scrolling the mouse wheel the videosize often remains small. (Eventually can be bugged out with right click in player and adjusting sizes)



TY that is a sufficent work around albiet it's a bit wonky by Blip to not allow you to just see the video in bigger format
Wat
Artifice
Profile Joined May 2010
United States523 Posts
October 27 2010 18:10 GMT
#13403
I swear to god I see 90% of dailies live, and miss the 10% that are the most hilarious.
Sergeant
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada11 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-27 18:37:44
October 27 2010 18:14 GMT
#13404
On October 28 2010 01:04 TheGrimace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2010 00:33 c_dragon3 wrote:
Still looking for the trumpet song..... anyone know the name of it?


Artist:Ottmar Liebert
Album: Borrasca
Song:Isla Del Sol

The playlist posted above mine has it. However, there is a song that is not on that list. It is a song that was played on D9D #201. I've asked a few times for it, not trying to be bothersome, but I really want to know what it is. I'm reposting the link to the clip of the song.

http://www.watzatsong.com/EN/name-that-tune/273700.html

Note: It isn't Maid of Gold. I might just need the amazing Day[J] to break his long standing tradition of never naming songs to sweep into this thread and help me. HELP SEAN!


EDIT: Nvm, weird youtube version of Isla Del Sol with lyrics
What did you do then? "I lost my whole fucking base!" OK, then what happened? "Oh, then I won"
LOLtex
Profile Joined September 2010
United States148 Posts
October 27 2010 18:56 GMT
#13405
For the collosi newbie tuesday, I felt like you showed us how to LOSE to collosi, but not really how to deal with them. As Zerg I have lots of trouble with collosi (for the same reasons you mentioned, I build corruptors, and kill the collosi, but then the gateway units steamroll my army); sometimes I find that I have the perfect 2:1 golden ratio of corruptors:collosi, other times I find that I either have way too many corruptors or just not enough. I saw that the wrong response to collosi is to just keep making roach/hydra (which should be obvious enough to any zerg player plat and above), but not exactly what to do. You mentioned a few strategies in passing at the end, nydus in the base, exploit their semi-immobility, etc, but we didn't get to see any of these in action. Do you know of any further tips to deal with them?

Gracias señor!
Aflixion
Profile Joined August 2010
United States191 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-27 19:19:24
October 27 2010 19:11 GMT
#13406
On October 28 2010 03:56 LOLtex wrote:
For the collosi newbie tuesday, I felt like you showed us how to LOSE to collosi, but not really how to deal with them. As Zerg I have lots of trouble with collosi (for the same reasons you mentioned, I build corruptors, and kill the collosi, but then the gateway units steamroll my army); sometimes I find that I have the perfect 2:1 golden ratio of corruptors:collosi, other times I find that I either have way too many corruptors or just not enough. I saw that the wrong response to collosi is to just keep making roach/hydra (which should be obvious enough to any zerg player plat and above), but not exactly what to do. You mentioned a few strategies in passing at the end, nydus in the base, exploit their semi-immobility, etc, but we didn't get to see any of these in action. Do you know of any further tips to deal with them?

Gracias señor!


Roach/hydra doesn't just outright LOSE to colossi. The reason the player in the daily lost with roach/hydra is because his positioning was bad. He had all the roaches and hydras together, which made it easier for the colossi to deal full damage. Notice that it doesn't matter how many units you have, if you funnel them into a kill zone, then ANYTHING will be able to take it all out. Get a good surround, on the other hand, and you can deal with almost anything.

Edit: having enough *stuff* matters too. 10 roaches + 10 hydras will not take out 15 gateway units + 3 colossi.
RogerChillingworth
Profile Joined March 2010
Chad3132 Posts
October 27 2010 19:15 GMT
#13407
Really is the best thing I've seen this year.
Graven
Profile Joined June 2010
United States314 Posts
October 27 2010 19:32 GMT
#13408
Well, I'll give this one more try...

I've posted a few times in this thread already and it seems I'm the only one having an issue, but I find that impossible to believe. None of the dailies on Blip TV have worked for me for about two weeks (I get an unplayable error after the advertisement runs). My concern is that I've tried it on two different computers/OS (PC and Mac) and three different internet browsers (IE, Firefox and Safari).

It seems completely incomprehensible that I'm the only one having this issue, but I give up I guess.
LOLtex
Profile Joined September 2010
United States148 Posts
October 27 2010 19:52 GMT
#13409
On October 28 2010 04:11 Aflixion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2010 03:56 LOLtex wrote:
For the collosi newbie tuesday, I felt like you showed us how to LOSE to collosi, but not really how to deal with them. As Zerg I have lots of trouble with collosi (for the same reasons you mentioned, I build corruptors, and kill the collosi, but then the gateway units steamroll my army); sometimes I find that I have the perfect 2:1 golden ratio of corruptors:collosi, other times I find that I either have way too many corruptors or just not enough. I saw that the wrong response to collosi is to just keep making roach/hydra (which should be obvious enough to any zerg player plat and above), but not exactly what to do. You mentioned a few strategies in passing at the end, nydus in the base, exploit their semi-immobility, etc, but we didn't get to see any of these in action. Do you know of any further tips to deal with them?

Gracias señor!


Roach/hydra doesn't just outright LOSE to colossi. The reason the player in the daily lost with roach/hydra is because his positioning was bad. He had all the roaches and hydras together, which made it easier for the colossi to deal full damage. Notice that it doesn't matter how many units you have, if you funnel them into a kill zone, then ANYTHING will be able to take it all out. Get a good surround, on the other hand, and you can deal with almost anything.

Edit: having enough *stuff* matters too. 10 roaches + 10 hydras will not take out 15 gateway units + 3 colossi.


Correct, the Protoss player won because he just had better macro and positioning. I'd argue that given comparatively similar food armies, roach/hydra definitely loses to the unit mix the other player had (iirc, 5 colossi with a handful of zealots/stalkers, both with charge/blink). Even with a perfect surround, on creep, I still feel reasonably sure that the collosi army would have won, but it would have been far closer. I think I'll go test this now in a unit tester.
Setev
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Malaysia390 Posts
October 27 2010 20:28 GMT
#13410
How do I post questions to Day9?? Anyway I'm juz gonna try here.

Q: I would like to listen to pro players' opinions about the viability of going heavy defense as Terran using baneling bust wall in with 2 bases, and having either MMM-Ghost or Tank-Marine-Medivac-Ghost as defensive units, with bunkers and missile turrets for detection and support. After that, macro up Terran air force of Viking/Banshee/Raven and kickass while your defense is rock solid.

Of course, you can also do occasional surprise drops/harass with the MMM or Tank-Marine-Medivac defense combo.

Seriously, what do you guys think about the effectiveness of the early defense and the later terran airforce? I'm sorry I don't have any replays of me doing this, and I can't really play right now because of other commitments.
I'm the King Of Nerds
stratman
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada110 Posts
October 27 2010 20:52 GMT
#13411
On October 27 2010 22:57 haflo wrote:
not sure if that even possible (replays available ? ) but i would love to see day9 analyses on some of the GSL matches . that would be awesome .

anyhow i enjoy your show a lot , if i ever get to gold i will thank you for it ^^ .
(still on the workers and pylon part , but hey its a start)


The replays aren't available, and I don't think they will be, but it'd be nice to hear what he thought of some of the games and decision making. Wonder if he's pro or anti maka-rax hmmm..

Such an awesome tournament.
Insight.9
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom79 Posts
October 27 2010 21:00 GMT
#13412
On October 28 2010 02:13 Noble wrote:
@ Sleight:
Clip is on Youtube, i nearly died there, was the hardest i laughed at in the last 10 years.


After viewing a few times again:
How the hell did he deliver on the exact moment ... simply genious !


Love it, never get to watch the "extra" stuff like that.

Does anyone know the song? :D
"There is nothing more cool than being proud of the things that you love." Day[9]
Laboof
Profile Joined July 2010
United States113 Posts
October 27 2010 21:00 GMT
#13413
How do I post questions to Day9?? Anyway I'm juz gonna try here.


To ask him stuff on the stream, you have to get in the first chat I believe. (Be one of the first people to open up the stream)
Cloud145
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands60 Posts
October 27 2010 21:16 GMT
#13414
Omg the intro of #205 nearly killed me. That was the most hilarious part of video I've seen in a long time :D
neverlast
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria62 Posts
October 27 2010 21:46 GMT
#13415
TRUMPETS! really funny ....but I did not get what he says after wards --

"bring the ???? in - they dance and juggle!

The 3 races in bronze are: 6pool, cannon rush and bunkers. | Native Bronze Player since 2010
OutlaW-
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic5053 Posts
October 27 2010 21:48 GMT
#13416
Midgets. Bring in the midgets.
Delete your post underage b&. You're incestuous for you're onee-chan so you're clearly not a bad guy, but others might not agree
Crashburn
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States476 Posts
October 27 2010 21:59 GMT
#13417
[image loading]

[image loading]
KillerPlague
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1386 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-27 22:06:38
October 27 2010 22:05 GMT
#13418
On October 28 2010 04:32 Graven wrote:
Well, I'll give this one more try...

I've posted a few times in this thread already and it seems I'm the only one having an issue, but I find that impossible to believe. None of the dailies on Blip TV have worked for me for about two weeks (I get an unplayable error after the advertisement runs). My concern is that I've tried it on two different computers/OS (PC and Mac) and three different internet browsers (IE, Firefox and Safari).

It seems completely incomprehensible that I'm the only one having this issue, but I give up I guess.


i've never had a problem with blip.tv, but i'd suggest you check to see if your java, flash, and other software are up to date. if this does not fix the problem all of day9's videos are viewable in full on his youtube account @ http://www.youtube.com/user/day9tv it takes a little longer to upload the videos there, but they should be more easily viewable than compared to blip.tv. chillax


On October 28 2010 05:28 Setev wrote:
How do I post questions to Day9?? Anyway I'm juz gonna try here.

Q: I would like to listen to pro players' opinions about the viability of going heavy defense as Terran using baneling bust wall in with 2 bases, and having either MMM-Ghost or Tank-Marine-Medivac-Ghost as defensive units, with bunkers and missile turrets for detection and support. After that, macro up Terran air force of Viking/Banshee/Raven and kickass while your defense is rock solid.


two problems with this build. since you invested in making so much defense your attack will be slow and half the size since you're leaving so much behind to protect your base. also if you go in to pure defense your opponent if clever enough will just take as many expos as he can and out produce you.

also of the composition you mentioned for your attack force although in theory is very strong you really only have 1 damage dealer to ground. banshees although very strong if counted correctly would void the entire army. thors do extra damage to light so wouldn't work well vs terran, mutas do very well vs vikings and are quick enough to just move away from pdds (hunter seeker would be nice addition here), and vs toss a couple templar and the quick ability to blink endless stalkers would cripple most of your banshees (i know because ive tried this in an ffa although prolly got too many vikings to try to snipe obs =[)

edited to fix quotes
Side 1: Why no dominant players with 90% win ratio Side 2: Nerf Side 1
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23438 Posts
October 27 2010 22:08 GMT
#13419
How the hell did he time that so perfectly when the trumpets came on lol?
dartoo
Profile Joined May 2010
India2889 Posts
October 27 2010 22:12 GMT
#13420
On October 28 2010 06:59 ThorIsHere wrote:
[image loading]

Mutalisk wings flapping? :p

Watched the video....ROFL!!!! Trumpets! TRUMPETS!!! Lol....
Prev 1 669 670 671 672 673 1118 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech86
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 380
Hyuk 235
Leta 90
910 81
Mong 67
Shinee 65
soO 57
Mind 44
HiyA 43
PianO 43
[ Show more ]
Killer 32
ToSsGirL 28
Aegong 28
ZerO 26
Bale 23
sorry 16
EffOrt 15
ZergMaN 14
Dota 2
XcaliburYe71
League of Legends
JimRising 432
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss437
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King194
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1640
Other Games
summit1g8254
olofmeister1290
singsing633
ceh9534
Happy284
crisheroes270
ArmadaUGS111
Livibee101
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick541
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream251
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH194
• LUISG 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2274
League of Legends
• Rush1526
• Jankos1310
• Stunt535
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
1h 14m
OSC
4h 14m
Stellar Fest
4h 14m
OSC
15h 14m
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.