• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:06
CEST 02:06
KST 09:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8025 users

Day[9].tv Daily - Page 324

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 322 323 324 325 326 1118 Next
Day[9]
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
United States7366 Posts
June 07 2010 02:11 GMT
#6461
yeah, i have a sore throat today. resting!
Whenever I encounter some little hitch, or some of my orbs get out of orbit, nothing pleases me so much as to make the crooked straight and crush down uneven places. www.day9.tv
PcChip
Profile Joined May 2010
United States50 Posts
June 07 2010 02:12 GMT
#6462
Admit it sean, you're playing all night till b.net goes down for weeks!
Afterhours
Profile Joined March 2010
United States125 Posts
June 07 2010 02:16 GMT
#6463
Theres a bug goin on in SoCal. >< Get better soon, Day.
http://i.imgur.com/pHvpBxx.gif
Amm92
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden24 Posts
June 07 2010 02:19 GMT
#6464
Get well Sean, can't wait 'til you do a daily again
GLHF.tv - Awesome Streaming
Rhodan
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia232 Posts
June 07 2010 02:41 GMT
#6465
On June 07 2010 11:11 Day[9] wrote:
yeah, i have a sore throat today. resting!


Sore throat... last day of beta.. coincidence? I think not!

(Though if you are sick, get well soon)
I only needed one probe to take down idra. I had to upgrade to a zealot for strelok." - Liquid`Tyler
TheAngelofDeath
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2033 Posts
June 07 2010 02:53 GMT
#6466
On June 07 2010 11:11 Day[9] wrote:
yeah, i have a sore throat today. resting!



Get well soon man.
"Infestors are the suck" - LzGamer
LodiDodi
Profile Joined April 2010
United States30 Posts
June 07 2010 03:37 GMT
#6467
sucks that you're sick, i love your show. i still don't see 129 up, is it still giving problems? i'd really love to practice those timing pushes that mind was using.
What is brown and rhymes with Snoop? Dr. Dre
Midj
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada253 Posts
June 07 2010 04:26 GMT
#6468
Day9, RESTING!
I enjoy watching more than playing.
Bomi
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany23 Posts
June 07 2010 07:41 GMT
#6469
Hey Sean,
no problem with that, haven't watched dailys 128, 129, 130 anyway.

1 question:
you talked about bro vs. bro. where and when to watch??

CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-07 07:47:26
June 07 2010 07:47 GMT
#6470
I am fighting a bug myself. Southern California.
I haven't been sick but once in the last 10 years, I hope this doesn't get any worse or my streak will be over
Echinacea, staying warm, lots of water. Less sugar is a good idea too.

We will see if I have to call off work tomorrow- that would suck

Also, I would be interested in watching you vs Tasteless some more. I thought it was a cool idea when you mentioned it in that episode. All for fun of course

Hope you feel better soon.
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
Soel
Profile Joined June 2010
90 Posts
June 07 2010 07:59 GMT
#6471
i plan to watch all your recent dailies during the beta break.

i haven't watched any so far, I had been watching HD & Husky... oh how wrong I was... (watching your pvmech, and it is very very good)

Props on the good stuff
bb82
Profile Joined May 2010
United States33 Posts
June 07 2010 11:41 GMT
#6472
I'm trying to watch some 70ish episodes in the archive and after a few seconds, the episode is cut off and I'm taken to the following page: http://amch.questionmarket.com/adsc/d722572/2/731717/adscout.php?ord=539096

Any ideas on the problem?

-bb82
-An advocate of having another competitive league, with a much slower speed setting. For the players that aren't cracklings with the UI. For the players that want a slightly more relaxed atmosphere that focuses more on strategy, rather than speed.
accaris
Profile Joined May 2010
98 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-07 12:11:05
June 07 2010 12:10 GMT
#6473
On June 07 2010 20:41 bb82 wrote:
I'm trying to watch some 70ish episodes in the archive and after a few seconds, the episode is cut off and I'm taken to the following page: http://amch.questionmarket.com/adsc/d722572/2/731717/adscout.php?ord=539096

Any ideas on the problem?

-bb82


This is a problem with bliptv and it is happening across the board, not just at Day9's channel. If you let the video load for a minute and then manually skip to the ~20 second mark, you should be able to avoid this ad-related error.
bb82
Profile Joined May 2010
United States33 Posts
June 07 2010 14:27 GMT
#6474
Thanks. I'm watching them just fine now.

On another note, day9 makes me want to try to get better. I get so psyched about playing, after I watch some of his videos. But after a few games I get so down in the dumps about how slow my APM is. I just can't seem to do anything because of it. I have so many great ideas, but I'm never able to even attempt them.

I keep thinking it will take years just to get ok with the UI. It is slowly turning me off from the game and I know many "noobs" will play a few and leave the game permanently. It makes me strongly believe that the SC community is mainly a bunch of elitists that are against outsiders playing (people that don't RTS regularly), otherwise why isn't there another more noob friendly competitive ladder?

Any constructive ideas on what to do in my situation?

-bb82
-An advocate of having another competitive league, with a much slower speed setting. For the players that aren't cracklings with the UI. For the players that want a slightly more relaxed atmosphere that focuses more on strategy, rather than speed.
accaris
Profile Joined May 2010
98 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-07 14:47:09
June 07 2010 14:45 GMT
#6475
On June 07 2010 23:27 bb82 wrote:
Thanks. I'm watching them just fine now.

On another note, day9 makes me want to try to get better. I get so psyched about playing, after I watch some of his videos. But after a few games I get so down in the dumps about how slow my APM is. I just can't seem to do anything because of it. I have so many great ideas, but I'm never able to even attempt them.

I keep thinking it will take years just to get ok with the UI. It is slowly turning me off from the game and I know many "noobs" will play a few and leave the game permanently. It makes me strongly believe that the SC community is mainly a bunch of elitists that are against outsiders playing (people that don't RTS regularly), otherwise why isn't there another more noob friendly competitive ladder?

Any constructive ideas on what to do in my situation?

-bb82


The practice league games are meant to ease new players into the game, and so is the singleplayer campaign, but these won't mean anything until the retail comes out. At release, there will be nothing but new players, 5x more than what we have now at least, and then the ladder will be fine for newbs. Right now the limited player pool pits new players randomly against much higher skilled ones, and it can be a turn off.

There is a newb friendly competitive ladder: it's called Bronze, and there's nothing wrong with it. If you're anything higher than Bronze, congratulations, you're no longer a newb. If you can't get used to the UI after playing a reasonable amount of games, then maybe competitive SC2 ladder play isn't for you? This is just like any other video game where fast reaction time is required. Practice makes perfect. Have you mastered any other video games? If you have, you probably didn't do it overnight.
Graven
Profile Joined June 2010
United States314 Posts
June 07 2010 15:00 GMT
#6476
On June 07 2010 23:27 bb82 wrote:
Thanks. I'm watching them just fine now.

On another note, day9 makes me want to try to get better. I get so psyched about playing, after I watch some of his videos. But after a few games I get so down in the dumps about how slow my APM is. I just can't seem to do anything because of it. I have so many great ideas, but I'm never able to even attempt them.

I keep thinking it will take years just to get ok with the UI. It is slowly turning me off from the game and I know many "noobs" will play a few and leave the game permanently. It makes me strongly believe that the SC community is mainly a bunch of elitists that are against outsiders playing (people that don't RTS regularly), otherwise why isn't there another more noob friendly competitive ladder?

Any constructive ideas on what to do in my situation?

-bb82


It's like anything else -- all about practice. Rest assured, you haven't even come close to your ceiling yet. If you're willing to spend the time needed to improve, you will.
bb82
Profile Joined May 2010
United States33 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-07 15:14:06
June 07 2010 15:07 GMT
#6477
The practice league, nor the single player campaign will do anything for preparing you for 1v1 play.. To say otherwise or to say l2p or just play custom is a gross lack of empathy towards that vast majority of people that don't have the required APM skills..

As for me, I've read many strategies and watched many videos. I've probably played about 100 online 1v1 games. I've been trying some multitasking and practice-opening maps, but it still comes down to me not having the required APM skills for this game.

And my problem isn't that I'm not willing to put the time into getting better at the game, as your right, it takes time to get good at a game. My problem is more with the fact that no matter how much time I put into the game, I'm at a huge handicap because of the necessary APM skills that are needed to even begin to progress in the game.

It is also a cop-out to say that bronze is newb friendly, when the overriding problem (the speed) is still a huge factor. In the lower leagues, it comes down to who attacks first (usually cheese) will win, because the other player just doesn't have the necessary skills required to react fast enough to battles that last a few seconds at most.. All the lower leagues do is teach you that you have to cheese to win. I got so good with a speedling/baneling semi-rush that I made it to diamond. But that was destructive to my game because at no point could I work on my mid-late game and at that high level, I would be destroyed by simple APM micro/macro. So I ended up losing 30 on purpose to fall back down in the levels where I could try to work on my long term game and hopefully become better with the necessary UI skills required to play this game.

But even in the bronze league, the game speed is still the issue and it will stop this game from having lasting mass appeal to the vast majority that don't RTS regularly, which is a complete waste of a huge pool of players that could get much enjoyment out of this game.

I just don't know why a less competitive league can't be made for noobs. Even when/if I'm able to get a decent APM, I'd still rather play in a slower speed atmosphere. I mean really, instant battles? To many the speed takes any strategy out of the game and it becomes very arcadey.

Any other advice, other than "l2p, bronze league, single player, custom games"? Honestly, I do want to get better. But I've put much thought into this and I have no idea how to. It all comes down to APM, which can take years to get fast enough to get much out of the game.

-bb82

-An advocate of having another competitive league, with a much slower speed setting. For the players that aren't cracklings with the UI. For the players that want a slightly more relaxed atmosphere that focuses more on strategy, rather than speed.
shawabawa
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom417 Posts
June 07 2010 15:14 GMT
#6478
On June 08 2010 00:07 bb82 wrote:
Any other advice, other than "l2p, bronze league, single player, custom games"?

-bb82


What do you want people to say?

You find the game too fast, the only solution is to practice more. Try and play like 10 games in a row with 100+APM the entire game, no matter how shit you do and how bad your micro is or what your actions are actually doing, just spend the entire game thinking "actions actions actions actions" and spam away. After 10 or so games of doing that playing again at like 70-80apm (which is easily enough to play well in platinum) should feel much easier.
Graven
Profile Joined June 2010
United States314 Posts
June 07 2010 15:22 GMT
#6479
On June 08 2010 00:07 bb82 wrote:
And my problem isn't that I'm not willing to put the time into getting better at the game, as your right, it takes time to get good at a game. My problem is more with the fact that no matter how much time I put into the game, I'm at a huge handicap because of the necessary APM skills that are needed to even begin to progress in the game.


How do you think people get good APM? Of course some people have a better base-ability than others, but it all boils down to practice and working on the skills you need to get better. So you've played 100 games and based on what you've written, atleast half of them were completely wasted (the zergling rush, which as you agree, didn't improve your APM ability, and the 30 purposeful losses).

Everything about APM is muscle memory -- the Beta is literally the perfect time to improve those skills. Force yourself to only use hotkeys...force yourself to create several control groups of units (learning all the spell hotkeys). You mentioned that you were Zerg...hell, you could do a game where your only focus is doing SL every 40 seconds. The league you're in for Beta was/is irrelivant anyway -- at some point you need to take the time to froce yourself to "l2p." If your sole goal is winning every matchup, you'll always be a bad player and fulfill your proficy of self-defeat.

Seriously, just read back the paragraph I quoted from you. Be objective -- tell me what you see? If you maintain that attitude going forward, you don't have a chace of finding any joy in this game. Why would anyone even bother acting after Brando? What's the point? No one will be that good again, might as well have studio's just make animated features from now on and save future actors the embarassement. And I could insert countless other analogies for famous people, athletes, politicians...w/e...all people that could have easily said, "Well, I'll never be THAT good, so what's the point?"
Daudr
Profile Joined November 2009
Sweden275 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-07 15:26:52
June 07 2010 15:26 GMT
#6480
On June 08 2010 00:07 bb82 wrote:
The practice league, nor the single player campaign will do anything for preparing you for 1v1 play.. To say otherwise or to say l2p or just play custom is a gross lack of empathy towards that vast majority of people that don't have the required APM skills..

..................

I just don't know why a less competitive league can't be made for noobs. Even when/if I'm able to get a decent APM, I'd still rather play in a slower speed atmosphere. I mean really, instant battles? To many the speed takes any strategy out of the game and it becomes very arcadey.



I was under the impression that Practice League is basically like any other league but with blocked entrances (novice maps) and a lower speed setting? Is that not exactly what you are looking for? Or am I mistaken?

There really is no simple or other way to increase your APM without playing, playing, playing and playing some more.

Also, you might want to check out djWHEAT's show with Chill if you haven't, Weapon of Choice, and in particular the Chill 101. One of the first tips was to just concentrate on macro and nothing else, just make a ton of units.
☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Prev 1 322 323 324 325 326 1118 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings58
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta23
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE166
ProTech153
Nina 143
SpeCial 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13988
Artosis 627
PianO 36
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm178
canceldota134
League of Legends
Doublelift4070
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1689
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe85
Other Games
summit1g7021
shahzam563
Day[9].tv492
C9.Mang0397
Maynarde88
Trikslyr68
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV155
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 41
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur646
• Day9tv492
Upcoming Events
OSC
22h 54m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 9h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.