• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:57
CEST 16:57
KST 23:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War175.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202620Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11112 users

Day[9].tv Daily - Page 323

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 321 322 323 324 325 1118 Next
Talic_Zealot
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
688 Posts
June 06 2010 11:56 GMT
#6441
Expect hundreds of threads saying that Ultras are OP soon :D ..
There are three types of people in the universe: those who can count, and those who cant.
Oathmaster
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada81 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-06 12:08:45
June 06 2010 11:57 GMT
#6442
@Drakkart Immortals would definitely be ideal in most cases, especially if it's the usual mech you normally encounter that has the hellion/tanks/thors rather then any bio, but that is mostly if you go the toss mech route from the start in my opinion, where as Day[9] not only went majority warp gates, but Dark Templar rushed, which judging the DT's combat effectiness did not pay back what Day put into them early on, which says something I think after winning his last game Day showed us. Since Phoenix's are cheaper, and faster then immortals, they compliment the warp gate's mobility incredibly well, being in position to hit harassing ravens quickly, and had Jinro caught him off guard with a sneak attack, the phoenix's would be in position easily to graviton beam any tanks when Day's warped in army is built to delay the rush until his main army arrived.

At the end of the day this just means that you may not have to resort to immortals all the time to deal with terran mech, which I for one am happy to see if that's the case
podzim
Profile Joined March 2010
Czech Republic41 Posts
June 06 2010 15:52 GMT
#6443
On June 04 2010 12:17 Orange Goblin wrote:
Oh, and EE HAAAN TIMINNNG!! Classic!


Best part of D9D #130 for me, Day9's korean commentator voice imitation is awesome

for reference :

The glass is already broken
tl)fuSe
Profile Joined May 2009
Denmark14 Posts
June 06 2010 16:14 GMT
#6444
Day9 we need a daily about how to counter broodlords as protoss!

They seem really imbalanced, in the sense that it seems alot harder for the protoss to play against it than it is to play it microwise. Broodlords have to a move, protoss have to feedback corrupters so voidrays can attack them after having charged up before fight/storm well/blink with stalkers.
Aim at the sun, and you may not reach it; but your arrow will fly far higher than if aimed at an object on a level with yourself
ElectricGrandpa
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8 Posts
June 06 2010 16:28 GMT
#6445
Just a little bit of feedback:

In games like the ones in daily #130, where we already know the outcome(or where it doesn't matter how long the game is), it'd be nice if the "Day 9 Netcast" overlay wasn't covering the clock, so we'd have a better idea of when certain things happen during the builds. I like to look at timings in the game and compare them to my own.
I made a sweet iPhone game called Trainyard, it's goooooood.
taotao
Profile Joined May 2010
1 Post
June 06 2010 17:05 GMT
#6446
is it possible to put online the replays you're casting,
to download them and see them at our own speed after watching your shows? ty!
Three
Profile Joined April 2010
Japan278 Posts
June 06 2010 20:31 GMT
#6447
I just watched day9 daily number 130 and he says that jinro put some thors into his army the next game they played to counter the pheonix lift on his tanks.

Wouldn't it completely destroy the pheonix/stalker build if jinro had gotten a ghost academy instead of an armory and kept ONE ghost in the back to EMP the group of pheonixes when they fly in?

Maybe the game hasn't evolved to the point where this can be debated yet, but is there a good reason that pheonix use energy instead of just having a coolown on lift?
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10383 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-06 20:36:11
June 06 2010 20:34 GMT
#6448
Dear Sean Plott,

After going 9-2 (and eventually being paired up and beating some Diamond players), I played vs IdrA in a ranked match. I was at first surprised, but then became a little skeptical, as his win/loss wasn't as high as mentioned in the past (where it reached stats like 62-8). So either this is a fake, or the ladder is simply placing him against better opponents. Or may be people just keep "cheesing" him .

Either way, I think this is one of my better matches I've played, because of the pressure and desire to beat him. There were some silly mistakes but I was nervous so I couldn't pay as much attention to some smaller things, like small micro. Also my PC lags a bit whenever I play SC2, so it's not possible for me to make quick moves since I can't click precisely and quickly.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jzmfmjwzzov/Yoshi vs IdrA.SC2Replay

In the end, I was able to beat him, and it was a pretty close match.

I hope you will commentate on this replay sometime! Perhaps either examining this IdrA's play to see if he's fake and therefore further teaching us of the real IdrA's tactics and styles, or examining the replay for anything that comes to mind.

Much love and thanks in advance!

~YK


Edit: If that link some reason doesn't work, this one should: http://www.mediafire.com/?jzmfmjwzzov
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Madkipz
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Norway1643 Posts
June 06 2010 20:40 GMT
#6449
If he lost its fake idra
"Mudkip"
tubess
Profile Joined June 2010
United States5 Posts
June 06 2010 20:40 GMT
#6450
On June 07 2010 00:52 podzim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2010 12:17 Orange Goblin wrote:
Oh, and EE HAAAN TIMINNNG!! Classic!


Best part of D9D #130 for me, Day9's korean commentator voice imitation is awesome

for reference :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AC8Z6ZLxZg

More Korean please!! I fell out of my chair laughing
Warri
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany3208 Posts
June 06 2010 20:50 GMT
#6451
Sorry to disappoint you, but Idra would never ever let his queens energy go up to 70 while sitting on one base. Also red already won the game when he killed the lair yet he went back with the roaches =(
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10383 Posts
June 06 2010 21:08 GMT
#6452
I'm sure I would have killed all his Roaches before he could finish off my base though, and still get to his base and destroy his Spores since I had 12 or so Mutas. Even if he started to build more than 2 spores, perhaps even up to 10, I could have split my Mutas, may be 2-4 to kill off the remaining Roaches at my base and the other 8-10 to kills his anti-air defence.

But yeah I do believe this is a fake IdrA, he was good but not good enough... and the real IdrA goes for more macro builds [all the time] right?
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
DamonRJ
Profile Joined May 2010
United States76 Posts
June 06 2010 22:16 GMT
#6453
On June 07 2010 05:31 Three wrote:

Maybe the game hasn't evolved to the point where this can be debated yet, but is there a good reason that pheonix use energy instead of just having a coolown on lift?


say a phoenix has 100 energy (2 lifts)

he lifts a tank, later on it drops, now he can immediately lift again instead of waiting a few seconds for a cool down

a cool down is better for when you plan to be lifting a lot and often, i guess for worker harrass or soemthing like that, it works well for blink because when blink micro you blink multiple times in a row

the energy way is a good way to let you lift twice in a row quickly which is as long as any engagement should be
Live only for yourself, any selfless deed is an untruthful and manipulative one
phungus420
Profile Joined October 2008
United States179 Posts
June 06 2010 23:08 GMT
#6454
Hello Day9,

A couple years ago someone on another forum for another game posted a link to the GOM invitational, hosted by your brother. I have watched all the GOM classics, and think Tastless is a really entertaining caster. At the same time I've found most other casters aren't nearly as fun to hear their comments, and I can't really watch Startcraft when it's casted in Korean. The other day at my schools computer lab I saw someone on this website, teamliquid, and asked them if they knew of how I could find more casts done by Tastless, other then GOM TV, which I have already seen all of them. They directed me to your casts. I have now watched all the Day9 dailys (though some of them I've skipped over as they get alittle technical), and your coverage of the Europe vs Asia tournaments have been great, but I've now litterally seen them all. Do you know where I could find more casts done by your brother Tastless? I checked out his website he plugged on the GOM casts, and basically all they have listed is the GOM tournaments. If you don't know how I could find more matches or tournaments casted by Tastless, could you tell him to update his website, and compile a list of his casted matches?

Anyway thanks for putting out quality Star Craft casts yourself, it's good having more entertaining casters for starcraft that don't take themselves too seriously. Please let me know any information regarding your brother and more casts other then GOM, and if you know of any other entertaining casters out there with some good matches to watch feel free to point to where they are.

Peace
iAmSoniK
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada246 Posts
June 06 2010 23:25 GMT
#6455
On June 07 2010 05:40 tubess wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2010 00:52 podzim wrote:
On June 04 2010 12:17 Orange Goblin wrote:
Oh, and EE HAAAN TIMINNNG!! Classic!


Best part of D9D #130 for me, Day9's korean commentator voice imitation is awesome

for reference :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AC8Z6ZLxZg

More Korean please!! I fell out of my chair laughing


I almost pissed myself LOL
kane]deth[
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada368 Posts
June 07 2010 00:03 GMT
#6456
On June 07 2010 08:08 phungus420 wrote:
Hello Day9,

A couple years ago someone on another forum for another game posted a link to the GOM invitational, hosted by your brother. I have watched all the GOM classics, and think Tastless is a really entertaining caster. At the same time I've found most other casters aren't nearly as fun to hear their comments, and I can't really watch Startcraft when it's casted in Korean. The other day at my schools computer lab I saw someone on this website, teamliquid, and asked them if they knew of how I could find more casts done by Tastless, other then GOM TV, which I have already seen all of them. They directed me to your casts. I have now watched all the Day9 dailys (though some of them I've skipped over as they get alittle technical), and your coverage of the Europe vs Asia tournaments have been great, but I've now litterally seen them all. Do you know where I could find more casts done by your brother Tastless? I checked out his website he plugged on the GOM casts, and basically all they have listed is the GOM tournaments. If you don't know how I could find more matches or tournaments casted by Tastless, could you tell him to update his website, and compile a list of his casted matches?

Anyway thanks for putting out quality Star Craft casts yourself, it's good having more entertaining casters for starcraft that don't take themselves too seriously. Please let me know any information regarding your brother and more casts other then GOM, and if you know of any other entertaining casters out there with some good matches to watch feel free to point to where they are.

Peace

Tasteless did a lot of wcg as well as blizzcon casts, try those.
imPERSONater
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1324 Posts
June 07 2010 00:19 GMT
#6457
On June 07 2010 06:08 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
the real IdrA goes for more macro builds [all the time] right?


That's your answer right there. I have never seen a game where IdrA did not FE
Fan of: IdrA, Sen, Stephano, Snute, Axlav, Hero
endGame
Profile Joined June 2009
United States394 Posts
June 07 2010 00:42 GMT
#6458
On June 07 2010 08:08 phungus420 wrote:
Hello Day9,

A couple years ago someone on another forum for another game posted a link to the GOM invitational, hosted by your brother. I have watched all the GOM classics, and think Tastless is a really entertaining caster. At the same time I've found most other casters aren't nearly as fun to hear their comments, and I can't really watch Startcraft when it's casted in Korean. The other day at my schools computer lab I saw someone on this website, teamliquid, and asked them if they knew of how I could find more casts done by Tastless, other then GOM TV, which I have already seen all of them. They directed me to your casts. I have now watched all the Day9 dailys (though some of them I've skipped over as they get alittle technical), and your coverage of the Europe vs Asia tournaments have been great, but I've now litterally seen them all. Do you know where I could find more casts done by your brother Tastless? I checked out his website he plugged on the GOM casts, and basically all they have listed is the GOM tournaments. If you don't know how I could find more matches or tournaments casted by Tastless, could you tell him to update his website, and compile a list of his casted matches?

Anyway thanks for putting out quality Star Craft casts yourself, it's good having more entertaining casters for starcraft that don't take themselves too seriously. Please let me know any information regarding your brother and more casts other then GOM, and if you know of any other entertaining casters out there with some good matches to watch feel free to point to where they are.

Peace


The other day must have been a week ago if you watched 130 hours of Day9 Dailies
"...As the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they will and the weak suffer what they must." -Thucydides
Smooches
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada26 Posts
June 07 2010 02:02 GMT
#6459
No Daily today?
im a roc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States745 Posts
June 07 2010 02:09 GMT
#6460
On June 07 2010 11:02 Smooches wrote:
No Daily today?

It's still Sunday here so I forgot to check, but yeah, that is strange. Has there not been some announcement about it already?
Beware The Proxy Pool Rush
Prev 1 321 322 323 324 325 1118 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 379
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36735
Calm 7420
Bisu 2562
Rain 1411
Jaedong 1040
Horang2 606
BeSt 568
Rush 419
Soma 350
Larva 348
[ Show more ]
Stork 325
Light 275
ZerO 199
Zeus 183
Snow 177
Mind 141
Free 113
910 101
Barracks 79
Killer 57
Sea.KH 49
Mong 43
Hyun 42
Trap 34
ToSsGirL 32
Shinee 31
Terrorterran 25
Pusan 23
Bale 23
Rock 21
Aegong 21
Hm[arnc] 20
sorry 20
Sexy 13
Sacsri 10
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8580
XaKoH 435
Counter-Strike
fl0m4108
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes497
Other Games
gofns34418
singsing2313
B2W.Neo800
hiko460
Lowko355
Mlord333
Hui .184
Livibee170
DeMusliM158
mouzStarbuck135
RotterdaM91
ToD68
QueenE66
Trikslyr66
Mew2King65
KnowMe40
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis4221
• Jankos2392
• TFBlade669
Other Games
• Shiphtur283
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 3m
Big Brain Bouts
19h 3m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.