• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:01
CEST 08:01
KST 15:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9223 users

Gamereplays.org posts it's thoughts on Zerg. - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
genryou
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Malaysia390 Posts
September 03 2009 04:56 GMT
#61
hmmrh, its hard to imagine how fast and how many lings can pop out that even 2 rax wont be able to move out. '__'

If only T still have Medic, Firebat or a Vulture.
I, Challenge Everything
Stratos_speAr
Profile Joined May 2009
United States6959 Posts
September 03 2009 05:29 GMT
#62
On September 03 2009 13:56 genryou wrote:
hmmrh, its hard to imagine how fast and how many lings can pop out that even 2 rax wont be able to move out. '__'

If only T still have Medic, Firebat or a Vulture.


The macro potential with the Queen is astounding.

P.S. Vulture + Firebat = Hellion. ^^
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.
genryou
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Malaysia390 Posts
September 03 2009 05:45 GMT
#63
P.S. Vulture + Firebat = Hellion. ^^


but Hellion didnt have Spider Mine. I think it will be useful to have Spider Mine to delayed Z 1-Based Hydras, and as far as I know, only Overseer capable of detection.

Unfortunately, I cannot think of any units from SC2 that can keep up with Z production other than Marines.
I, Challenge Everything
Jobbies
Profile Joined May 2009
Scotland72 Posts
September 03 2009 09:56 GMT
#64
Perhaps Terrans would have to take advantage heavily of the reactor upgrade for both rax in a 2 rax build?
DeCoup
Profile Joined September 2006
Australia1933 Posts
September 03 2009 11:18 GMT
#65
On September 03 2009 14:45 genryou wrote:
Unfortunately, I cannot think of any units from SC2 that can keep up with Z production other than Marines.


Good. Zerg = massed forces. I hope hydra become a bit less powerful than they were in SC1 and become a massed unit too. As long as the other races can deal with it, I like the idea of more Zerg base units becomming even more massed than they use to be. Higher tier units should still be designed to be used (required?) in lesser numbers tho.

Everyone always talks about how they think of the Zerg as a massed force, but when it comes down to it in actualy gameplay apart from lings and muta most of their units are not really used in mass in the way we like to imagine Zerg as.
"Poor guy. I really did not deserve that win. So this is what it's like to play Protoss..." - IdrA
DeCoup
Profile Joined September 2006
Australia1933 Posts
September 03 2009 13:05 GMT
#66
On September 03 2009 10:44 ArvickHero wrote:
Hot Bid's article just totally trounced this one's..

Where is Hot Bids article? I can't find it
"Poor guy. I really did not deserve that win. So this is what it's like to play Protoss..." - IdrA
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
September 03 2009 13:06 GMT
#67
Check the news forum DeCoup
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
DeCoup
Profile Joined September 2006
Australia1933 Posts
September 03 2009 13:33 GMT
#68
Got it -.-"
"Poor guy. I really did not deserve that win. So this is what it's like to play Protoss..." - IdrA
KingHillBilly
Profile Joined November 2007
United States105 Posts
September 03 2009 17:20 GMT
#69
On September 03 2009 10:15 Jobbies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 03 2009 10:12 KingHillBilly wrote:
4 zerglings kill a zealot without any zergling micro. Whoever said it's 8 or 6, you're just plain wrong.


Wrong game.



I'm sorry, I'm talking about SC2. Which game are you talking about? =p
Simply the Best
Aegraen
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1225 Posts
September 03 2009 17:28 GMT
#70
Hydra's are considered a Light unit therefore you should be able to keep up with 2 rax + addon = 4 rax and then tech to hellions. You will force the Zerg to keep forces in defense due to the insane speed of Hellions. 100 MIN is insanely cheap for hellions also. I'm curious did anyone try wall + 2rax addon > Hellion harass into Medi + M with stim? Having 4 extra larva every 25-30 seconds shouldn't give such a large boost as to have 4x the amount of units as your opponent at the 5-6 min mark.

It's too early to definitively say if anything is OP. I'm sure given two days people would be saying Shuttle - Reaver would be OP.
"It is easy to be conspicuously 'compassionate' if others are being forced to pay the cost." -- Murray N. Rothbard -- Rand Paul 2010 -- Ron Paul 2012
Shadowfury333
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada314 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-03 18:15:10
September 03 2009 18:12 GMT
#71
On September 04 2009 02:28 Aegraen wrote:
Hydra's are considered a Light unit therefore you should be able to keep up with 2 rax + addon = 4 rax and then tech to hellions. You will force the Zerg to keep forces in defense due to the insane speed of Hellions. 100 MIN is insanely cheap for hellions also. I'm curious did anyone try wall + 2rax addon > Hellion harass into Medi + M with stim? Having 4 extra larva every 25-30 seconds shouldn't give such a large boost as to have 4x the amount of units as your opponent at the 5-6 min mark.

It's too early to definitively say if anything is OP. I'm sure given two days people would be saying Shuttle - Reaver would be OP.


Yes, a few people did try mass Hellions against me. I think one of them was inReach, but I'm not really sure. It would have been one of the first games of Blizzcon. Some of the other Gamereplays.org members I played against did use that as Terran.

Hellions with their damage upgrade can completely mop the floor with Hydralisks, something I failed to take into account at first. I mean, coming from SC, where hydralisks beat vultures, and hydralisks beat firebats, why shouldn't hydralisks beat the combination? Simply put, the hellions have amazing range. Mind you, with all that larva, one can simply get a few dozen roaches to handle the hellions.
Darkness called...but I was on the phone, so I missed him. I tried to *69 darkness, but his machine picked up. I yelled "Pick up the phone, Darkness", but he ignored me. Darkness must have been screening his calls.
Aegraen
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1225 Posts
September 03 2009 18:20 GMT
#72
On September 04 2009 03:12 Shadowfury333 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2009 02:28 Aegraen wrote:
Hydra's are considered a Light unit therefore you should be able to keep up with 2 rax + addon = 4 rax and then tech to hellions. You will force the Zerg to keep forces in defense due to the insane speed of Hellions. 100 MIN is insanely cheap for hellions also. I'm curious did anyone try wall + 2rax addon > Hellion harass into Medi + M with stim? Having 4 extra larva every 25-30 seconds shouldn't give such a large boost as to have 4x the amount of units as your opponent at the 5-6 min mark.

It's too early to definitively say if anything is OP. I'm sure given two days people would be saying Shuttle - Reaver would be OP.


Yes, a few people did try mass Hellions against me. I think one of them was inReach, but I'm not really sure. It would have been one of the first games of Blizzcon. Some of the other Gamereplays.org members I played against did use that as Terran.

Hellions with their damage upgrade can completely mop the floor with Hydralisks, something I failed to take into account at first. I mean, coming from SC, where hydralisks beat vultures, and hydralisks beat firebats, why shouldn't hydralisks beat the combination? Simply put, the hellions have amazing range. Mind you, with all that larva, one can simply get a few dozen roaches to handle the hellions.


The point of the Hellion aren't to take on the Hydra head-on, they are to use their speed and harass the Zerg base to keep the hydras for use as defense and not offense. Delaying them enough to get enough Medi+Marines stimmed with some tank support. This ultimately would force the Zerg to use their mins in defensive structures or keeping hydra's behind, either way keeping them occupied in their base.

To me, I see the zerg being most susceptible to M+M (Not so much marauder as I'd rather spend the gas on tanks/vikes), with tank and viking support. That's what I'm going to be focusing on if I get into the Beta.

I'm curious how do vikings fare against hydra's? 2 Port + addon viking might seriously hurt the zerg by crippling his supply.
"It is easy to be conspicuously 'compassionate' if others are being forced to pay the cost." -- Murray N. Rothbard -- Rand Paul 2010 -- Ron Paul 2012
Shadowfury333
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada314 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-03 19:07:10
September 03 2009 19:03 GMT
#73
On September 04 2009 03:20 Aegraen wrote:The point of the Hellion aren't to take on the Hydra head-on, they are to use their speed and harass the Zerg base to keep the hydras for use as defense and not offense. Delaying them enough to get enough Medi+Marines stimmed with some tank support. This ultimately would force the Zerg to use their mins in defensive structures or keeping hydra's behind, either way keeping them occupied in their base.


That may not be the point, but with equal or even slightly lower numbers, it works. Don't forget that Factories also have Reactors.

On September 04 2009 03:20 Aegraen wrote:To me, I see the zerg being most susceptible to M+M (Not so much marauder as I'd rather spend the gas on tanks/vikes), with tank and viking support. That's what I'm going to be focusing on if I get into the Beta.


I'm curious to see how that turns out. Most Terrans (of the seven or so) I faced either went marine heavy, sometimes with tank support, or hellion heavy. Hellion heavy worked better, but then again I didn't realize roaches were meant to counter hellions. After I learned that, I ended up only facing Protoss, with a couple Zerg matches here and there, so I never got to test it.

On September 04 2009 03:20 Aegraen wrote:I'm curious how do vikings fare against hydra's? 2 Port + addon viking might seriously hurt the zerg by crippling his supply.


I didn't see much viking use, and when it was used against my mutalisks, the vikings died quite quickly. If there were marines around, they had an easier time, but I was pretty much guaranteed to come ahead against a few unsupported vikings with a group of mutalisks.
Darkness called...but I was on the phone, so I missed him. I tried to *69 darkness, but his machine picked up. I yelled "Pick up the phone, Darkness", but he ignored me. Darkness must have been screening his calls.
Aegraen
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1225 Posts
September 03 2009 19:19 GMT
#74
On September 04 2009 04:03 Shadowfury333 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2009 03:20 Aegraen wrote:The point of the Hellion aren't to take on the Hydra head-on, they are to use their speed and harass the Zerg base to keep the hydras for use as defense and not offense. Delaying them enough to get enough Medi+Marines stimmed with some tank support. This ultimately would force the Zerg to use their mins in defensive structures or keeping hydra's behind, either way keeping them occupied in their base.


That may not be the point, but with equal or even slightly lower numbers, it works. Don't forget that Factories also have Reactors.

Show nested quote +
On September 04 2009 03:20 Aegraen wrote:To me, I see the zerg being most susceptible to M+M (Not so much marauder as I'd rather spend the gas on tanks/vikes), with tank and viking support. That's what I'm going to be focusing on if I get into the Beta.


I'm curious to see how that turns out. Most Terrans (of the seven or so) I faced either went marine heavy, sometimes with tank support, or hellion heavy. Hellion heavy worked better, but then again I didn't realize roaches were meant to counter hellions. After I learned that, I ended up only facing Protoss, with a couple Zerg matches here and there, so I never got to test it.

Show nested quote +
On September 04 2009 03:20 Aegraen wrote:I'm curious how do vikings fare against hydra's? 2 Port + addon viking might seriously hurt the zerg by crippling his supply.


I didn't see much viking use, and when it was used against my mutalisks, the vikings died quite quickly. If there were marines around, they had an easier time, but I was pretty much guaranteed to come ahead against a few unsupported vikings with a group of mutalisks.


Of course a group of muta's will defeat a few of any thing. Equal numbers favor the viking especially with their ridiculous 10 range. Anyways, all speculation, BETA is taking way too long to get released...
"It is easy to be conspicuously 'compassionate' if others are being forced to pay the cost." -- Murray N. Rothbard -- Rand Paul 2010 -- Ron Paul 2012
Jobbies
Profile Joined May 2009
Scotland72 Posts
September 04 2009 23:14 GMT
#75
Another member of Gamereplays released another article on Zerg, don't think we had anyone who actually played Terran or Toss :S

http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/portals.php?show=page&name=starcraft-2-elegy-zerg-at-blizzcon-2009
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
September 04 2009 23:19 GMT
#76
On September 05 2009 08:14 Jobbies wrote:
Another member of Gamereplays released another article on Zerg, don't think we had anyone who actually played Terran or Toss :S

http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/portals.php?show=page&name=starcraft-2-elegy-zerg-at-blizzcon-2009

We did, they just haven't written stuff up yet.
Jobbies
Profile Joined May 2009
Scotland72 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-04 23:30:12
September 04 2009 23:29 GMT
#77
On September 05 2009 08:19 Kennigit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2009 08:14 Jobbies wrote:
Another member of Gamereplays released another article on Zerg, don't think we had anyone who actually played Terran or Toss :S

http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/portals.php?show=page&name=starcraft-2-elegy-zerg-at-blizzcon-2009

We did, they just haven't written stuff up yet.



Good :D Looking forward to reading about Terran myself.
DeCoup
Profile Joined September 2006
Australia1933 Posts
September 04 2009 23:56 GMT
#78
just curious, How exactly is the Roach (now a damage soaker which does not regenerate while above ground) a counter to hellions? Or do you mean Hydra/Roach combo?
"Poor guy. I really did not deserve that win. So this is what it's like to play Protoss..." - IdrA
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-05 00:11:07
September 05 2009 00:08 GMT
#79
On September 05 2009 08:14 Jobbies wrote:
Another member of Gamereplays released another article on Zerg, don't think we had anyone who actually played Terran or Toss :S

http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/portals.php?show=page&name=starcraft-2-elegy-zerg-at-blizzcon-2009

This one really good, you can tell the guy knows what's up. Agree with most of what he writes. Too bad for him he mostly played scrubs :-(

Oh wait it's you right? Good job on the article. Next time say hi to the TL nerds and get foes, not victims :-)
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Jobbies
Profile Joined May 2009
Scotland72 Posts
September 05 2009 00:15 GMT
#80
On September 05 2009 09:08 zatic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2009 08:14 Jobbies wrote:
Another member of Gamereplays released another article on Zerg, don't think we had anyone who actually played Terran or Toss :S

http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/portals.php?show=page&name=starcraft-2-elegy-zerg-at-blizzcon-2009

This one really good, you can tell the guy knows what's up. Agree with most of what he writes. Too bad for him he mostly played scrubs :-(

Oh wait it's you right? Good job on the article. Next time say hi to the TL nerds and get foes, not victims :-)



No it wasn't me there playing SC2 at BlizzCon unfortunately lol! Wihs I could have gone, Scotland's too far away. The gamereplays system has a thing where whoever posts the content, not necessarily writes it, it will say "by *content posters name*" so that's why my name appears. It was by a guy called Elegy who's a member on Gamereplays. I'll forward him to you post though, he'll be pleased with that response .
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 194
ProTech134
Nina 101
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 217
Dewaltoss 112
Bale 35
ZergMaN 23
Noble 14
Icarus 7
League of Legends
JimRising 704
Other Games
summit1g11132
Sick225
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick864
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 32
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2177
League of Legends
• Lourlo1190
• Rush1172
• Stunt199
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 59m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4h 59m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 59m
Replay Cast
16h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 4h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.