• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:27
CEST 11:27
KST 18:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8825 users

Beta Balance Update #10 - Page 44

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 HotS
1835 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 92 Next
Gimmeurladderpoints
Profile Joined December 2012
Germany372 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-19 10:53:26
December 19 2012 10:51 GMT
#861
sry doppelpost
~Ryung~Genius~Bomber~Nestea~Liquid_Jinro~Sage~San~jjakji~Boxer~Fantasy~Polt~
Tobblish
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden6404 Posts
December 19 2012 10:55 GMT
#862
Seriously why can't they just remove the root ability?
It's stupid to have a spell that BOTH damages a big number of units and roots them.

Whats the problem with 50% slow speed and the same damage over time?...
The curse is real
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12058 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-19 10:58:54
December 19 2012 10:58 GMT
#863
On December 19 2012 19:55 Tobblish wrote:
Seriously why can't they just remove the root ability?
It's stupid to have a spell that BOTH damages a big number of units and roots them.

Whats the problem with 50% slow speed and the same damage over time?...


I've always thought they should just split them up.

I mean Plague and Ensnare combined are basically Fungal now (apart from Fungal has a root). I've always seen it stupid that one spell does that much damage as well as rooting. Can't they keep it as a root but remove the damage to promote hydra/corrupter/muta play?
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Naphal
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany2099 Posts
December 19 2012 10:58 GMT
#864
with these changes, i hope mines will be made 1 supply now.
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
December 19 2012 10:59 GMT
#865
On December 19 2012 19:35 Ramiz1989 wrote:
I like how all are overreacting to this as usual.
"OMG what the hell!? Blizzard don't have a clue, I thought HOTS would be fun, but this patch it the reason why I won't buy HOTS!"
Next patch: "Wow, Blizzard really listens, great changes, the best patch ever! HOTS will be so much fun!"
Then the patch after that: "OMG worst patch ever..."
And the circle continues.
No, it won't end like this, we are looking to a lot more changes.


I don't see any reason why people couldn't comment on the content of patches. It is EXACTLY how it works now, with patches that makes the game seeming enjoyable, fun and interesing, and other that makes it a disaster.

So yeah, for every patch, we'll have this. And I was totally buying HotS before, now I'll HUGELY reconsider... I don't want to have WoL 2.0 Infestor, even more boring and dumb than in WoL...
LiquipediaWanderer
Crawdad
Profile Joined September 2012
614 Posts
December 19 2012 11:00 GMT
#866
On December 19 2012 19:58 Qikz wrote:
I've always thought they should just split them up.

I mean Plague and Ensnare combined are basically Fungal now (apart from Fungal has a root). I've always seen it stupid that one spell does that much damage as well as rooting. Can't they keep it as a root but remove the damage to promote hydra/corrupter/muta play?


Even something like 10 +10 vs. armored would be a godsend.
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-19 11:06:39
December 19 2012 11:01 GMT
#867
On December 19 2012 19:50 Gimmeurladderpoints wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2012 19:35 Ramiz1989 wrote:
I like how all are overreacting to this as usual.
"OMG what the hell!? Blizzard don't have a clue, I thought HOTS would be fun, but this patch it the reason why I won't buy HOTS!"
Next patch: "Wow, Blizzard really listens, great changes, the best patch ever! HOTS will be so much fun!"
Then the patch after that: "OMG worst patch ever..."
And the circle continues.
No, it won't end like this, we are looking to a lot more changes.


I hate how there is a big bunch of people like you who whine about the whiners all the time.

Altough i actually don't see a lot of whining here. Just people expressing that they don't want fungal growth to be a core game mechanic. That's not balance whine.

No, I am not whining, I am stating the obvious, while you my dear friend, are whining. Your last post was just before mine, and you are the great example of what I'm talking about. "Fuck, I'm downloading the iccup, there is no Fungal Growth there."
OK, who cares? If you don't like it, just stop playing it, even though, it is just stupid to call the game bad just because of one patch in the god damn beta. Many of these patches will happen, some of them will be bad, some of them will be good.
I am just tired of seeing people that are judging the whole game and developers by one change that will get changed many times in the future. If you are really judging the game by one change in the BETA and won't be playing because of it, then you shouldn't have played the game in the first place.

On December 19 2012 19:59 Ragnarork wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2012 19:35 Ramiz1989 wrote:
I like how all are overreacting to this as usual.
"OMG what the hell!? Blizzard don't have a clue, I thought HOTS would be fun, but this patch it the reason why I won't buy HOTS!"
Next patch: "Wow, Blizzard really listens, great changes, the best patch ever! HOTS will be so much fun!"
Then the patch after that: "OMG worst patch ever..."
And the circle continues.
No, it won't end like this, we are looking to a lot more changes.


I don't see any reason why people couldn't comment on the content of patches. It is EXACTLY how it works now, with patches that makes the game seeming enjoyable, fun and interesing, and other that makes it a disaster.

So yeah, for every patch, we'll have this. And I was totally buying HotS before, now I'll HUGELY reconsider... I don't want to have WoL 2.0 Infestor, even more boring and dumb than in WoL...

Because comments should have meaning, and shouldn't be just the endless whining and crying about how you don't want to buy HOTS.
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
urashimakt
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1591 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-19 11:14:08
December 19 2012 11:10 GMT
#868
On December 19 2012 11:35 avilo wrote:
Beta is back up, just tested the new fungal...lol. A lot of people are not going to be happy.

That was quick. Blizzard should just have you do whatever you did instead of doing these 2 week long testing periods. I'd love to play AviloCraft 2: Heart of the Forum.

Also, happy birthday.
Who dat ninja?
Rider517
Profile Joined June 2011
70 Posts
December 19 2012 11:12 GMT
#869
of 10 patches maybe only 1 is good, it's not beta-testing, it's throwing changement to see what happen, that's a tipical behaviour of clueless people, because, seriously, most of this patches should not have passed the "theorycrafting table", if they have one, for most of this patches you don't even need to try it out to see that are pointless/useless/broken

i actually encourage people to express their disappointments, because maybe the dev will wake up and pull off the heads from their asses and fix this garbage game they made
Decendos
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany1341 Posts
December 19 2012 11:13 GMT
#870
On December 19 2012 20:10 urashimakt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2012 11:35 avilo wrote:
Beta is back up, just tested the new fungal...lol. A lot of people are not going to be happy.

That was quick. Blizzard should just have you do whatever you did instead of doing these 2 week long testing periods. I'd love to play AviloCraft 2: Heart of Avilo.


HAHAHA :D good old avilocraft 2: heart of avilo :D
costinii
Profile Joined December 2012
Portugal59 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-19 11:45:24
December 19 2012 11:14 GMT
#871
I would like to start this exposure of ideas by saying, I do love the game and I do love the community.

I do have many questions, but with the sole purpose to help you achieve solutions.

This is an issue that lasts almost for half a year now... and it is becoming most annoying. It reminds my of the FPS drop problem since the latest patches in WoL and HoTS (Blizzard Support Team has been a disappointment since then). Blizzard, more concretely the game developers and balance staff, seem to be trying to solve the balance problems by game timings or specific build orders/strategies. (Which makes sense, but it is not enough)

Is it not obvious that it's much more efficient if you simply make 3 paralel lines for each of the 3 races and then make a time line with milestones where you cross techs? Why should a Zerg be able to over expand? Why should a Terran be able to control important choke points very early in the game with a unique unit that simply destroys everything? Why should Protoss be able to produce a flying damage dealer so early in the game? This are things that people need to adapt to. The main issue is that we lack the instruments to fight this situations and the game developers are loosing their path.

How can someone honestly think that infestors are a fair unit at this stage of the game? This unit should be available on Hive tech. For example, I support my point of view with this argument, however I admit there are many other points of view but this is mine.

Templars ---> pylon ---> gateway ---> cybernetic ---> citadel ---> templar archives

Infestors ---> pool ---> hive ---> infestation pit ???

Ghosts ---> supply ---> barracks ---> ghost academy ---> factory ---> if nukes are to be used (AoE damage)

Does this seems fair?

I dont know about you my friends, but when I play a computer game where I feel that the game is not fair or has 2 different measures for the same issue, my lack of interest becomes an issue. We all agree on this I think.

I like very much SC1, BW.. and kinda also like WoL, nice graphics... and.. well I love the community but it is pretty much that. The game itself does not seem to understand the fundamental aspect of the competitive player.

No one likes to be carried around, people love to win because of their skill and not because of a unit that you have available easily with 10 range and sends laser beams from the eyes and destroys all armies. (joke )

Make the infestor useful. You want to add range? Very well. Add the range, but then you must also give more range to ghosts and templars.

Want to make it available early in game for Zergs? Ok.. Do the same with the other 2 casters.

This is a simply equation system, if you adjust something do it properly. There are specific correlations between some units. So please, if you want to change infestors is it a buff or nerf, to the same with ghosts and templars.

Blizzard I hope/expect you read this forums, you need to see the issues from competitive point of view and not from a fun aspect of the game. For the fun part we have the custom maps, ok?

Best of luck for the future.
worker man rings boss “me no work I sick” boss says “when im sick I f*ck my wife try that” 2 hours later worker man rings back “me better, you got nice house"
MrJoKer
Profile Joined November 2011
France232 Posts
December 19 2012 11:21 GMT
#872
I dislike the FG up .
@AbeggJip
EpicShroom
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands81 Posts
December 19 2012 11:24 GMT
#873
What the hell is this ? Infestor buff? the range is sick and they even upgraded the freaking missile speed ... sometimes i don't understand you blizz :D
HAh .. i suck
Cruncher93
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany28 Posts
December 19 2012 11:36 GMT
#874
On December 19 2012 20:14 costinii wrote:

Templars ---> pylon ---> gateway ---> cybernetic ---> citadel ---> templar archives

Infestors ---> pool ---> hive ---> infestation pit ???

Ghosts ---> supply ---> barracks ---> factory ---> ghost academy

Does this seems fair?

You don't need a factory to build ghosts with EMP, cloak, snipe, hold fire, only for nukes.
Templar can morph into archons and the citadel unlocks core upgrades for your army.
Also you can pretty much do a delayed templar/ghost rush but rushing lair (and infestors) as zerg just hurts your economy.
costinii
Profile Joined December 2012
Portugal59 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-19 11:51:46
December 19 2012 11:42 GMT
#875
Crunch 93, Yes you are correct, I mention Factory because of the upgrades. (I have corrected it, thank you)

Templars can't burrow nor can spawn new units. I am not comparing abilities. (Lair also unlocks new upgrades)

I dont understand your third argument. Rushing Ghosts or Templars does not affect your economy? Zerg has the easiest expansion mechanics, I am sorry but I really dont agree with you.

The last two arguments from you are not fair. I hope you see that
worker man rings boss “me no work I sick” boss says “when im sick I f*ck my wife try that” 2 hours later worker man rings back “me better, you got nice house"
Giantt
Profile Joined December 2010
Bulgaria82 Posts
December 19 2012 11:51 GMT
#876
I would like to see these changes implemented into WoL as well.
Persh
Profile Joined February 2012
Estonia108 Posts
December 19 2012 11:52 GMT
#877
On December 19 2012 06:40 playa wrote:
Medivac upgrade taking longer to get to? They could have blink take an hour to get and I still couldn't complain. Every game was just reaper expand. Had to ignore units completely and just try to tech as fast as possible for splash and get way ahead in upgrades. Whether balanced or not, I'm not sure they want t vs p to also be reaper only openings.


At least goody is happy
costinii
Profile Joined December 2012
Portugal59 Posts
December 19 2012 11:54 GMT
#878
On December 19 2012 20:51 Giantt wrote:
I would like to see these changes implemented into WoL as well.


Are you serious or are you joking?
worker man rings boss “me no work I sick” boss says “when im sick I f*ck my wife try that” 2 hours later worker man rings back “me better, you got nice house"
padfoota
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Taiwan1571 Posts
December 19 2012 11:54 GMT
#879
I just dont see tanks being of any use anymore lol
Stop procrastinating
Rabiator
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany3948 Posts
December 19 2012 11:57 GMT
#880
On December 19 2012 19:35 Ramiz1989 wrote:
I like how all are overreacting to this as usual.
"OMG what the hell!? Blizzard don't have a clue, I thought HOTS would be fun, but this patch it the reason why I won't buy HOTS!"
Next patch: "Wow, Blizzard really listens, great changes, the best patch ever! HOTS will be so much fun!"
Then the patch after that: "OMG worst patch ever..."
And the circle continues.
No, it won't end like this, we are looking to a lot more changes.

Personally I have said "this is rubbish" to the whole content of HotS and only the Thor change (which isnt good enough, but a step in the right direction ... towards recreating the Goliath ...) and the Carrier microing change are any good. The rest (HotS units and changes to WoL units) is just fit for the bin.

The game has serious problems, but they cant be fixed with units. Blizzard doesnt understand this and consequently the game will go down the drain to a battle of totally erratic rock, paper, scissors.
If you cant say what you're meaning, you can never mean what you're saying.
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 92 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech6
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 401
Horang2 303
Larva 257
EffOrt 180
Mind 76
Hyun 62
scan(afreeca) 51
NotJumperer 42
Killer 40
Bale 38
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 37
Sharp 35
sorry 35
Shinee 22
Sacsri 13
Hm[arnc] 13
Pusan 13
Barracks 6
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto113
League of Legends
JimRising 422
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1223
edward147
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King110
Other Games
summit1g8196
ceh9637
Happy366
crisheroes199
Sick156
dupreeh69
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick594
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2284
League of Legends
• Jankos1204
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
33m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 33m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 33m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.