• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:14
CEST 13:14
KST 20:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8924 users

Beta Balance Update #10 - Page 43

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 HotS
1835 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 92 Next
Fjodorov
Profile Joined December 2011
5007 Posts
December 19 2012 10:02 GMT
#841
On December 19 2012 15:04 ClanRH.TV wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2012 15:01 DemigodcelpH wrote:
On December 19 2012 14:56 ClanRH.TV wrote:
On December 19 2012 14:50 larse wrote:
Let's see what does range 10 means. Here is a list a unit's sight:

9 Marine
10 Marauder
11 Ghost
11 Siege Tank
11 Raven
10 Banshee

9 Zealot
10 Stalker
10 Sentry
10 High Templar
10 Colossus
10 Pheonix
10 Voidray
10 Cannon

Now range 10 means that infestor can hit almost all units when they can't even see your infestor !!!!


Whats the infestors sight range?

Edit: Infestor has a sight range of 10. I'm sorry but whats the validity of your statement? I see none.


Watch the video. The fungal range is now 10 + the fungal radius. I bet you feel really embarrassed now.



God you aren't that smart. If the infestor has 10 sight, then he wouldnt be able to see an enemy in this extended radius. Intelligent people.


Perhaps you havent heard but creep grants vision, and so does burrowed units.
boxerfred
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Germany8360 Posts
December 19 2012 10:02 GMT
#842
"because muta is the only thing that counters muta." The fuck are you talking about? Ofc fungal + queen (+ hydra) counters muta. And what kind of choice in ZvZ? There never was any. You basically have 3 units on T2, which is Infestor, Muta and Hydra. And you're talking about choices?
Atthasit
Profile Joined July 2011
Russian Federation81 Posts
December 19 2012 10:03 GMT
#843
On December 19 2012 18:57 Boiler Bandsman wrote:
In what way does discussing and evaluating balance, design, and recent changes in a patch thread equate to "not handling the process"? Anything involving Infestor-centered Zerg is bad design, and it's what's ruining WoL right now. I can't exactly go back to a game that I currently hate, either. I had hopes for HotS, but if it ends up looking like WoL, I'll be pursuing my other games and leaving SC2 for good. I don't think I'm the only one.


There's a huge gap between evaluating and discussing changes and crying how blizzard have their heads up their asses and threatening to not buy their products because you don't agree with every step of development don't you think?
Atthasit
Profile Joined July 2011
Russian Federation81 Posts
December 19 2012 10:09 GMT
#844
On December 19 2012 19:02 boxerfred wrote:
"because muta is the only thing that counters muta." The fuck are you talking about? Ofc fungal + queen (+ hydra) counters muta. And what kind of choice in ZvZ? There never was any. You basically have 3 units on T2, which is Infestor, Muta and Hydra. And you're talking about choices?


I'm sorry what level of play are we talking about here?

Currently, with increased speed mutas and slow fungal projectile there was absolutely zero threat to a flock of mutas (8-10), they could harass you FOREVER and you wouldn't be able to do jack shit without heavily investing in static defense and queens. And that works awesome while enemy is expanding and investing into a ground roach hydra army, right? It wasn't the case in WoL, muta player was constantly under a threat of losing his whole muta group because all the defending player needed to do is build a few infestors and land one fungal. Or he could go defensive mutas himself. Hence the choice.
summerloud
Profile Joined March 2010
Austria1201 Posts
December 19 2012 10:10 GMT
#845
so i guess this was the last patch before the holidays, and the beta will prolly go down before march

that leaves us with maybe 7-8 patches left

im losing hope again
boxerfred
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Germany8360 Posts
December 19 2012 10:12 GMT
#846
Ah, I got the point. You're talking about beta status, I was still at WoL. From this pov, you're right ofc.
Boiler Bandsman
Profile Joined February 2012
United States391 Posts
December 19 2012 10:16 GMT
#847
On December 19 2012 19:03 Atthasit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2012 18:57 Boiler Bandsman wrote:
In what way does discussing and evaluating balance, design, and recent changes in a patch thread equate to "not handling the process"? Anything involving Infestor-centered Zerg is bad design, and it's what's ruining WoL right now. I can't exactly go back to a game that I currently hate, either. I had hopes for HotS, but if it ends up looking like WoL, I'll be pursuing my other games and leaving SC2 for good. I don't think I'm the only one.


There's a huge gap between evaluating and discussing changes and crying how blizzard have their heads up their asses and threatening to not buy their products because you don't agree with every step of development don't you think?


I will not buy the game if it goes down the same track as WoL. This change is moving it back towards WoL. So yes, I will express that I will not buy it. I never said Blizzard had their heads anywhere, I said that this patch is a mistake that will possibly affect my purchasing decision. If you can't handle people saying that much, perhaps it is you that is in the wrong thread.
A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Snowbear
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Korea (South)1925 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-19 10:23:47
December 19 2012 10:20 GMT
#848
At it's current form, window mines should come out of hellions, each hellion having 3 available to plant down. No, I am not kidding. The BW did much more damage, and came out of the hellion (vulture). If we want mech to be available in TvP, then we need to be able to make tanks, thors and hellions out of our factories, and not bad mines that can't even kill a stalker.
Prophecy3
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada223 Posts
December 19 2012 10:21 GMT
#849
Fuck Fungal.. That is all.
Ignorance is Bliss? Indifferance is Atrocity.
Scrubwave
Profile Joined July 2010
Poland1786 Posts
December 19 2012 10:30 GMT
#850
--- Nuked ---
Atthasit
Profile Joined July 2011
Russian Federation81 Posts
December 19 2012 10:31 GMT
#851
On December 19 2012 19:16 Boiler Bandsman wrote:
I will not buy the game if it goes down the same track as WoL. This change is moving it back towards WoL. So yes, I will express that I will not buy it. I never said Blizzard had their heads anywhere, I said that this patch is a mistake that will possibly affect my purchasing decision. If you can't handle people saying that much, perhaps it is you that is in the wrong thread.


Just wondering, are you going to change your decision every time they release their next patch notes? Why are middle-stage pre-release changes affecting your decision about buying the FINAL product, where the hell is logic in that?

And no, in my first post in this thread I've said that they have overdone it. It's just unlike some people here I have an open mind and refuse to judge them based on how they do the balance, as long as I'm good with final results. Believe me I'll be the first one to rage at them if something like this will be in final release.
Boiler Bandsman
Profile Joined February 2012
United States391 Posts
December 19 2012 10:35 GMT
#852
On December 19 2012 19:31 Atthasit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2012 19:16 Boiler Bandsman wrote:
I will not buy the game if it goes down the same track as WoL. This change is moving it back towards WoL. So yes, I will express that I will not buy it. I never said Blizzard had their heads anywhere, I said that this patch is a mistake that will possibly affect my purchasing decision. If you can't handle people saying that much, perhaps it is you that is in the wrong thread.


Just wondering, are you going to change your decision every time they release their next patch notes? Why are middle-stage pre-release changes affecting your decision about buying the FINAL product, where the hell is logic in that?

And no, in my first post in this thread I've said that they have overdone it. It's just unlike some people here I have an open mind and refuse to judge them based on how they do the balance, as long as I'm good with final results. Believe me I'll be the first one to rage at them if something like this will be in final release.


Of course that decision is subject to change if they "o-shit" and fix it back. However, seeing them regress to old problems and paths that are already well-worn dead ends is frustrating, and if they continue this way, they will not change my mind. This is also the second consecutive regressive patch after what was widely considered to be an excellent first step.
A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Gimmeurladderpoints
Profile Joined December 2012
Germany372 Posts
December 19 2012 10:35 GMT
#853
Fuck it. I am downloading Iccup right now. Back to the game that has no fungal Growth, since blizz still seems to think that anybody wants to see those fungal/infested terran wars.
~Ryung~Genius~Bomber~Nestea~Liquid_Jinro~Sage~San~jjakji~Boxer~Fantasy~Polt~
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
December 19 2012 10:35 GMT
#854
I like how all are overreacting to this as usual.
"OMG what the hell!? Blizzard don't have a clue, I thought HOTS would be fun, but this patch it the reason why I won't buy HOTS!"
Next patch: "Wow, Blizzard really listens, great changes, the best patch ever! HOTS will be so much fun!"
Then the patch after that: "OMG worst patch ever..."
And the circle continues.
No, it won't end like this, we are looking to a lot more changes.
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
Fullback
Profile Joined January 2012
Argentina170 Posts
December 19 2012 10:39 GMT
#855
On December 19 2012 19:30 Scrubwave wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2012 19:20 Snowbear wrote:
At it's current form, window mines should come out of hellions, each hellion having 3 available to plant down. No, I am not kidding. The BW did much more damage, and came out of the hellion (vulture). If we want mech to be available in TvP, then we need to be able to make tanks, thors and hellions out of our factories, and not bad mines that can't even kill a stalker.

But that would mean that Blizzard is creatively bankrupt!


Yes! and thats obviously much, much more important than having a good game!
Telenil
Profile Joined September 2010
France484 Posts
December 19 2012 10:47 GMT
#856
On December 19 2012 19:35 Ramiz1989 wrote:
I like how all are overreacting to this as usual.
"OMG what the hell!? Blizzard don't have a clue, I thought HOTS would be fun, but this patch it the reason why I won't buy HOTS!"
Next patch: "Wow, Blizzard really listens, great changes, the best patch ever! HOTS will be so much fun!"
Then the patch after that: "OMG worst patch ever..."
And the circle continues.
This. Exactly my thought.
Mass Recall: Brood War campaigns on SC2: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=303166
Sumadin
Profile Joined August 2011
Denmark588 Posts
December 19 2012 10:48 GMT
#857
On December 19 2012 19:35 Gimmeurladderpoints wrote:
Fuck it. I am downloading Iccup right now. Back to the game that has no fungal Growth, since blizz still seems to think that anybody wants to see those fungal/infested terran wars.


And that is why We always will have online only in forthcoming Blizzard games.

Infested terrans are still quite nerfed through. Not benefitting from Upgrades means good luck trying to use them lategame. They are trying to make the infestor less prominent of a unit. Doesn't mean it should be useless against the things it is actually suposed to counter(like mutas ZvZ).
The basic key to beating a priest is playing a deck that is terrible.
xtyxtbx
Profile Joined December 2011
United States53 Posts
December 19 2012 10:49 GMT
#858
Blizzard, you are going to make zerg soooooooo op. 10 fungal growth? seriously? Look what happened last time!
Health of marine with combat sheild = 55. Ht's storm damage = 80. What blizzard?
Rizell
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden237 Posts
December 19 2012 10:49 GMT
#859
Wow, all these rageposts and imbalance whine is making me sick. You haven't even tried these changes and you are acting like your mom took your internet away. Chill the fuck out and let Blizzard try afew diffrent things during the BETA... wich is the entire fucking point of a beta. Idiots.
So poor, cant' even pay attention.
Gimmeurladderpoints
Profile Joined December 2012
Germany372 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-19 10:56:01
December 19 2012 10:50 GMT
#860
On December 19 2012 19:35 Ramiz1989 wrote:
I like how all are overreacting to this as usual.
"OMG what the hell!? Blizzard don't have a clue, I thought HOTS would be fun, but this patch it the reason why I won't buy HOTS!"
Next patch: "Wow, Blizzard really listens, great changes, the best patch ever! HOTS will be so much fun!"
Then the patch after that: "OMG worst patch ever..."
And the circle continues.
No, it won't end like this, we are looking to a lot more changes.


Wow, all these rageposts and imbalance whine is making me sick. You haven't even tried these changes and you are acting like your mom took your internet away. Chill the fuck out and let Blizzard try afew diffrent things during the BETA... wich is the entire fucking point of a beta. Idiots.


I hate how there is a big bunch of people like you who whine about the whiners all the time.

Altough i actually don't see a lot of whining here. Just people expressing that they don't want fungal growth to be a core game mechanic. That's not balance whine.

On December 19 2012 19:48 Sumadin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2012 19:35 Gimmeurladderpoints wrote:
Fuck it. I am downloading Iccup right now. Back to the game that has no fungal Growth, since blizz still seems to think that anybody wants to see those fungal/infested terran wars.


And that is why We always will have online only in forthcoming Blizzard games.

Infested terrans are still quite nerfed through. Not benefitting from Upgrades means good luck trying to use them lategame. They are trying to make the infestor less prominent of a unit. Doesn't mean it should be useless against the things it is actually suposed to counter(like mutas ZvZ).


So you say Iccup is bad for blizzard and they were right in their policy. Because if you do, you have obviously no clue whatsoever.
~Ryung~Genius~Bomber~Nestea~Liquid_Jinro~Sage~San~jjakji~Boxer~Fantasy~Polt~
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 92 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 654
WardiTV184
LiquipediaDiscussion
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 11902
StarCastTV_EN365
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko274
ProTech130
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 14019
Bisu 3836
Jaedong 3580
EffOrt 1139
BeSt 892
ZerO 446
Horang2 436
Pusan 263
Larva 240
actioN 232
[ Show more ]
Zeus 222
Hyun 139
Mind 133
Barracks 87
ggaemo 71
Killer 47
Yoon 47
scan(afreeca) 44
Sharp 43
NotJumperer 38
Bale 35
ToSsGirL 34
Shinee 30
Sacsri 21
Hm[arnc] 21
Sea.KH 15
Terrorterran 13
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
zelot 5
Dota 2
Dendi116
League of Legends
JimRising 377
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1620
byalli776
Other Games
crisheroes247
Pyrionflax175
dupreeh101
Mew2King67
DeMusliM58
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 183
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream58
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 62
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV538
• lizZardDota2282
League of Legends
• Jankos1299
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
12h 46m
Patches Events
1d 4h
The PondCast
1d 22h
INu's Battles
1d 23h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.