• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:24
CEST 10:24
KST 17:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10780 users

HotS balance update #8 - Page 12

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 HotS
2296 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 115 Next
Berceno
Profile Joined May 2012
Spain401 Posts
December 06 2012 00:15 GMT
#221
On December 06 2012 09:10 osmanic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2012 09:07 Extenz wrote:
Now the tempest doesn't have a bonus vs massive units anymore pvp is still gonna be shit


oh my god.... you are right really liked the new pvp !!

but wait... isnt collosus also considered as an air-unit aswell because it's so tall? i think tempests attack with their air-attack on the collosus instead of the ground attack?

what'cha guys think?


yea pretty sure tempest has bonus damage vs colossus
protoss living in da ghetto
Prog455
Profile Joined April 2012
Denmark970 Posts
December 06 2012 00:15 GMT
#222
On December 06 2012 09:13 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2012 09:13 Crisium wrote:
On December 06 2012 08:42 Iodem wrote:
Oh man these changes are all so cool but I have to question


Missile comes out and stays immobile in front of the Raven for 3 seconds while charging up, then rapidly moves (it’s not dodgeable at this point) and explodes at the target for 300 single target damage.


single target? Doesn't that just make it a yamato cannon?


A Yamato cannon with delay, and dodgable during that delay. And it cannot attack buildings. So decisively worse, but VERY similar. A bit of a blunder, creatively. I'd rather they work on tweaking the WOL Seeker Missile.


Does not have an AOE worth talking about. HSM does.


I don't think HSM has AoE anymore. It says 300 single target damage
Solarsail
Profile Joined July 2012
United Kingdom538 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-06 00:16:52
December 06 2012 00:15 GMT
#223
People should stop framing this patch in WoL terms (i.e. medivacs are OP now). The scale of these changes means that HOTS is a new game. All timings and strategies and counters from WOL are junk now.

The only way to determine balance is through play. They should not patch for a month at least to see (unless something is outrageous, or if Phoenix overlaps with Oracle too much which it does)

Also Ravens now counter BLs AND Ultras.
Everyone left over is a member of the OP race and you have to figure out which one of them is the least OP. - CosmicSpiral
Zim23
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1681 Posts
December 06 2012 00:16 GMT
#224
This patch is the most exciting one I've ever seen. I can't wait to see this implemented. The Dark Shrine change is huge. Wow let's do dis.
Do an arranged marriage if she's not completely minging, and don't worry about dancing, get a go-kart, cheers.
Fanatic-Templar
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada5819 Posts
December 06 2012 00:16 GMT
#225
On December 06 2012 08:55 Zorgaz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2012 08:53 ZeroCartin wrote:
What the fuck does Vortex do now?


Nothing really, that's the point. No more Motherships in competive play.
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2012 08:55 Fanatic-Templar wrote:
On December 06 2012 08:23 Cracy wrote:
Void Ray
Prismatic Alignment (new ability) increases damage to armored units by 6 for 20 seconds, with a 1 minute cooldown. This does not scale with upgrades.


Why do I instantly hate this ability? I feel that the abilities that offer a passive bonus to units' combat stats - like this or Guardian Shield or Corruption are some of the most boring and tedious abilities in the game - not that they can't be useful.




Disagree, a passive bonus like ''X unit deals +Y damage to armoured'' sucks.

This is a spell that activates, which means you need to use it at the right time, can be cool.


I'll be sure to look for such moments. I'll add them to my list of "Oh my god! perfectly time Corruption!" moments.
I bear this sig to commemorate the loss of the team icon that commemorated Oversky's 2008-2009 Proleague Round 1 performance.
Morphs
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands645 Posts
December 06 2012 00:16 GMT
#226
Interesting stuff.

Medivac and Infestor changes may be a bit overdone.

Ultra-Viper should be a very interesting endgame composition vs ground.

Now they should REALLY fix that damn corruptor and it's infinitely boring corruption spell. It's like the weed of SC2.
templar rage
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2509 Posts
December 06 2012 00:16 GMT
#227
Does anyone remember how fast the projectile FG was last time they tried to do this? If it's faster than that, I'm OK with it, because otherwise it's way too easy to dodge. No upgrades on ITs is dumb as shit. Why not just a damage/AS nerf instead? Zerg looks like it got fucked hard, but we'll see. A lot of changes have looked horrific initially and turned out OK. I love Hydra speed at Lair though. Maybe they'll actually find some uses outside of ZvZ.

I don't really understand the new seeker missile and how to dodge it. The way I see it, you have 3s from the time it's cast to get 13 range away, otherwise it's 100% a hit? Is that correct?

I'm not really sure what to feel about the combining of vehicle and ship upgrades for mech.
IshinShishi
Profile Joined April 2012
Japan6156 Posts
December 06 2012 00:16 GMT
#228
hsm single target seems like a terrible yamato that costs more energy, they should at least make it deal 9999 damage.
So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie
Asgeir
Profile Joined April 2011
Norway12 Posts
December 06 2012 00:16 GMT
#229
Overall, I like.
Some things, I mostly like for their will to experiment, tho.

I think terran air and ground mech should have differende attack upgrades, tho they could have one common armor upgrade.
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
December 06 2012 00:17 GMT
#230
What's the point of vortex? Kill one non massive unit? I think that needs to be reworked.

The medivac I'm worried is too good. I'm not sure why they felt it needed a buff if they are only concerned with the lategame. I'm not even convinced late game bio needed anything. If mech were better that could change terran lategame itself.

Most of the changes I do think are good though. Even if they aren't at least things are changing and will probably be more interesting.
SarcasmMonster
Profile Joined October 2011
3136 Posts
December 06 2012 00:17 GMT
#231
On December 06 2012 09:15 s3rp wrote:
I'm not sure about the Seeker Missile change but the rest sounds pretty good for Terran. If it's still 125 Energy . 300 is quite alot but Single Target damage is rarely useful but oh well . Gotta try it first before making any judgements.

Hope the Server comes back online soon so i can try.


It's basically for countering Broodlords I assume
MMA: The true King of Wings
rpgalon
Profile Joined April 2011
Brazil1069 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-06 00:20:23
December 06 2012 00:17 GMT
#232
VOIDRAY

DPS vs light
Before: 10 dps Uncharged / 13.33 dps Charged
Now: 12 dps

DPS vs Armored
Before: 16.67 dps Uncharged / 26.67 dps Charged
Now: 32 dps (~92% damage increase for the standard attack O.o)

OBS: I'm counting that the new ability is activated...
badog
aklambda
Profile Joined October 2010
Austria48 Posts
December 06 2012 00:18 GMT
#233
They could maybe make Seeker Missile do a total of 300 damage in a small area so if you target an Ultralisk he takes the full 300 damage and no unit near him takes damage but if you target a bunch of Banelings the target (30 HP) dies and the remaining 270 damage get split among the remaining Banelings in a radius of 1,5 or 2. This way you could use it against big enemies as well as small groups. Might be too good then though.
Extenz
Profile Joined October 2011
Italy822 Posts
December 06 2012 00:18 GMT
#234
On December 06 2012 09:17 AirbladeOrange wrote:
What's the point of vortex? Kill one non massive unit? I think that needs to be reworked.

The medivac I'm worried is too good. I'm not sure why they felt it needed a buff if they are only concerned with the lategame. I'm not even convinced late game bio needed anything. If mech were better that could change terran lategame itself.

Most of the changes I do think are good though. Even if they aren't at least things are changing and will probably be more interesting.


the point of vortex is to make the mothership pointless, they should just get of it at this point.
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
December 06 2012 00:18 GMT
#235
I can't believe those medivac changes got past the office.. did they really need a nerf? Didn't they heal a ridiculous amount already O.o

Oh well, more changes to come
Refer to my post.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
December 06 2012 00:18 GMT
#236
On December 06 2012 09:17 SarcasmMonster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2012 09:15 s3rp wrote:
I'm not sure about the Seeker Missile change but the rest sounds pretty good for Terran. If it's still 125 Energy . 300 is quite alot but Single Target damage is rarely useful but oh well . Gotta try it first before making any judgements.

Hope the Server comes back online soon so i can try.


It's basically for countering Broodlords I assume


With a 3 second cook up, I think it is the only unit slow enough to not get away. Except queens, which I support anyone using HSM on for my amusement.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
December 06 2012 00:19 GMT
#237
On December 06 2012 09:12 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2012 09:09 Tomasy wrote:
BTW This new THOR anti air cannon does 24 flat dmg , isnt it the same like old one who (did 6+6light) x4 =24 vs nonlight
Am I missing smth?


It does it at range 10, scales better against armor. AKA: Shoot at the broodlords.

I see what you mean. This pretty much answers my previous question.

So the current missiles will only deal 20 damage to a Broodlord due to the Broodlord's base armor mitigating 1 damage from each of the 4 6-damage missiles, assuming no upgrades from either unit. With the High-Impact Payload, it's only reduced to 23 damage. It seems like a good change, and I wonder if it scales with upgrades as well.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
TeeTS
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany2762 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-06 00:22:03
December 06 2012 00:19 GMT
#238
Well, at first I thought Terran was way overbuffed here. But after seeing that Ultralisks are killing outright everything on the ground now, it seems a bit reasonable.

designwise the changes look very promising. Lots of activated abilities instead of passive bonus means more decisions to be made and more skill ceiling. I hope they get it somehow balanced!
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
December 06 2012 00:19 GMT
#239
I think I understand the vortex change.

Didn't they say they wanted it to be a unit only casual players would use as the mothership core is basically the mothership but better? This is probably phasing it out of pro play for that purpose.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
IMSmooth
Profile Joined May 2011
United States679 Posts
December 06 2012 00:19 GMT
#240
On December 06 2012 09:15 Jacmert wrote:
So much for #savehots Looks like Blizzard's got some hope, yet.


I think it should be a #savemefromhots, I have way too much to accomplish these next two quarters and I will be drawn to play this so damn much. So much potential coming from this, the skill ceiling just shot through the roof.
"Get your shit done... THEN party" - NonY
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 115 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 751
soO 467
Hyuk 347
Mini 148
ZerO 89
Killer 67
Shinee 47
Mong 43
Mind 43
Bale 26
[ Show more ]
ZergMaN 14
yabsab 11
Terrorterran 10
Dota 2
XaKoH 708
XcaliburYe302
League of Legends
JimRising 470
Counter-Strike
byalli481
Other Games
olofmeister754
ceh9635
Happy320
Livibee173
crisheroes160
Mew2King69
ArmadaUGS55
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick597
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH389
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2302
League of Legends
• Rush1270
• Jankos996
• Stunt455
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 36m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
2h 36m
Monday Night Weeklies
7h 36m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.