• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:23
CEST 23:23
KST 06:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8342 users

Engine of Destruction - Brutal - Page 9

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 HotS
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next All
Cenja
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden498 Posts
July 28 2011 16:20 GMT
#161
I used mass viking and banshee.
The add-on that works as both a reactor and tech-lab really helps, also used some science vessels.
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Artik
Profile Joined October 2010
United States71 Posts
July 29 2011 13:14 GMT
#162
I ended up massing wraiths for this one and kept a group of around 6 SCVs behind the Odin so I could dart then in for some quick repairs. When I last did this mission though I ran it with MMM which seemed to work alright.
Liberate me ex inferis
gentile
Profile Joined August 2007
Switzerland594 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-29 15:58:41
July 29 2011 15:56 GMT
#163
mass marines/medic +mercs solve easily if you are able to micro correctly that is..and a lot of scv to repair the odin.
cocopup96
Profile Joined August 2010
11 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-30 08:35:10
July 30 2011 08:34 GMT
#164
On July 28 2011 14:16 TMStarcraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2011 05:02 Sqq wrote:
Marine \ Medic will destroy this mission. But as I've said earlier, just wall the Thor in. Go on a destruction rampage and win

ahahhaa, that's just too good

edit:
I take that back, he can noclip through your buildings like a punk ass.



I haven't done this mission in ages, but I remember specifically beating this level on brutal by getting fast siege tanks and setting them in siege mode right after the first base (above your cliff). When the tanks were in siege mode the Odin could not move though them.

If this has changed I apologize, but it was WAY easier to have the odin sit and and concentrate on massing up an army. There are only 1-2 small base defences you need to make durring the whole game. This should be super easy if the seige tank strat still works.

Try and see just a fyi
Mobius_1
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2763 Posts
August 04 2011 11:24 GMT
#165
Just finished it on Brutal with Battlecruisers+Science Vessels. IMHO the artifact missions are easier than the Rebellions ones so I did those first and unlocked BCs and Yamatoing Tanks, BCs, Vikings, Mercs and Turrets and Ravens (just because I can) was kinda fun.

That said, much harder on Brutal because you can no longer mass clump SCVs for endless repair, and really had to keep ahead of the Odin since Science Vessel repair is so slow on the Odin's 2500 HP.

But of course, I'm sure it's doable like every mission with Medic Marine. ^_^
Starleague Forever. RIP KT Violet~
HigginsObvious
Profile Joined June 2011
2 Posts
August 08 2011 08:08 GMT
#166
Mass wraith and a ton of scvs was my method. I did have two siege breakers, a perdition turret, a missle turret, and a bunker on defense, and I did get an expansion after the first base. After that it was just a matter of massing wraiths off multiple starports and overmaking scvs with your extra minerals. It did take a few tries I recall. Make sure to keep your wraiths grouped, and focus fire when necessary, such as when battlecruisers are attempting to yamato.
MiteCrow
Profile Joined June 2011
Ireland38 Posts
August 08 2011 09:11 GMT
#167
Make Lots of scv's to repair the odin, make wraiths for support, and wall off with bunkers with scv's on auto repair for them is how i went about it, the only units i made were wraiths and the units for the bunkers and a lot of scv's, i made litterally nothing else from what i can remember. and if you need to get more scv's to the odin, make a drop ship or just move them through the bunkers.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
Smajdalf21
Profile Joined August 2011
Czech Republic26 Posts
August 09 2011 08:21 GMT
#168
One of the hard ones, at least for me. Ball of wraiths, which took me through casual to hard didnt work well, I finished it with marines + some medics, vikings and siege tanks. Bases 2 and 3 was the hardest, not much time to make an invincible army for the silly noob rushes way more than on lower difficulties. I ended up starting the assault some time be4 Odin came, sieging up and clearing the ramp at least a bit, then he can handle it easy. Took some time saving and loading to invent the right push times and siege spots though.
Mios
Profile Joined April 2010
United States686 Posts
August 14 2011 00:49 GMT
#169
the problem with MMM is the upgrades, on brutal all of their terran units are 3/3 I believe (so marines literally do 1-2dmg to each unit if you dont get upgrades). I was able to beat it with pretty low tech, using MMM with fast 2/2, 2nd base, and some merc tanks/vikings. way harder than it was when I went through it like a year ago.
no LAN and intercontinental bnet = T_T
Fleshcut
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany592 Posts
August 25 2011 20:13 GMT
#170
I made the banshee and battlecruiser mission before and bought those mercenaries.
1st base: Odin + the units you got at your base.
2nd base: Buy one dusk wings and jacksons revenge before tychus goes in and try to let jacksons revenge tank a bit... dont lose it. You should also buy some wraiths of course.
3rd base: Pump wraiths and occausionally a banshee or the second dusk wing if its ready.
4th base: Even more wraith and only some banshee... maybe some viking too for fast snipes on raven.
5th base: You should have enough stuff to finish it... just reinforce a bit with wraiths.

Defend your base top exit with 2-3 siege tanks and a bunker with marines. Always leave a scv for repair. Defend the attack at your back that comes while you attack base 4 or 5 with some missle turrets. The expansion at the top should be taken fast and doesnt need any turrets or stuff.

Thats how I made it.... Didnt kill the loki though.
FoeHamr
Profile Joined December 2010
United States489 Posts
August 25 2011 21:07 GMT
#171
I did mass perma-cloaked ghosts and rolled it.
lozarian
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1043 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-26 12:12:45
August 26 2011 12:12 GMT
#172
I blocked the fucker in the first base, and then made mass perma cloaked ghosts. That mission is more annoying than all of the "protect this stupid bitch whilst she stands still" missions in every fps combined (I'm looking at you goldeneye).
For every battle honour a thousand heroes die alone, unsung, and unremembered.
freestalker
Profile Joined March 2010
469 Posts
August 28 2011 22:38 GMT
#173
I see there are many ways of doing this. I went through it today (as I stopped playing campaign when I started playing multiplayer, lol).

What I did was - get like 2-4 science vessels, make tanks from factory, vikings from starport... and that's it. To defend your base, fill the bunker with marines and add 1 tank behind, have some scvs ready to repair.

Other than that, just unsiege/move/siege tanks, and cover air with wraiths + vikings and repair stuff with science vessels + (can be rallied) SCVs. It was kinda easy, just required few loads when my tank siege/unsiege micro failed and I got left behind and odin got pwnt before I could secure the spot.
Apokalipse
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia34 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-31 06:05:11
August 31 2011 06:03 GMT
#174
This is what I used to beat this mission:
* a few science vessels
* vikings
* permanently cloaked ghosts, with nukes (nuked some of the bases/areas before the odin arrived)
* mules (to repair the odin)

The air units can be used as spotters for nukes, or for targets the odin can't see but needs to kill. (high ground, etc).

Won it on my first try.
You must construct additional pylons.
Velexe
Profile Joined August 2011
Australia71 Posts
August 31 2011 11:39 GMT
#175
first base i sent the units you get at the start with it and killed anything the odin had trouble with but otherwise let it take as long as possible to kill that base, because then more time to get econ going. i got 3 bunkers (just full of rines) and a couple of tanks at the back door and i was fine for the game as long as i repaired it. with the odin i sent the first wraiths but i mainly got viks for the bcs (focus fired the bcs and the loki) and used ghosts and nukes for the rest (i just like nukes, it was fun)

that worked for me on brutal. there was some sniping of turrets in there with a few banshees as well ^_^
Velexe | #=263 | Random | Diamond
freeball1
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany7 Posts
September 01 2011 23:37 GMT
#176
I used mass viking+banshee as said before (double reactor starport) and always a few SCVs to repair everything. I think I also built 2 additional bunkers with marines at my base entrance for defense. That way this mission went pretty easy for me (even got all the achievements on brutal).
Starcraft2Radio
Profile Joined May 2011
United States132 Posts
September 01 2011 23:40 GMT
#177
I used Tech Reactor'ed Wraiths, a ton of Science Vessels and a Command Center with the reactor upgrade. I had to constantly rally SCVs to the Odin so it wouldn't die. The Science Vessels stack the repairs on top of one another so they attract a lot of damage, Wraiths kill important targets and the SCVs constantly rallying kept the Odin alive just long enough to beat down the 2nd base and on.
http://www.starcraft2radio.com - Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday!
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
September 06 2011 18:14 GMT
#178
I cannt belive none has mentioned this.

During the surprise attack use the Odin to kill all the command centers and SCV's. Don't worry too much about anything else. The CC at the airbase can be targeted from behind the wall with the barrage and it will kill all the SCV's their. 5 total CC's and about 20 SCV's. You got lots of time =D

No CC's + No SCV's=no unit production. Whatever is on the map is what you gotta kill.Nothing else.

Infantry base: Odin+SCV's > this place. Once I cleared the path too the building I sent the Merc tanks to seige the high ground. The High ground is paticuly troublesome so make sure you have a scan or two so you can clear the units up there. Reaper suck vs Odin but they will shoot at you forever and it adds up fast.

Tank Base. Dropped a nuke on the Missle Turret and Seige Tank. Odin is no good here so I left him in my base. 5 Seige Tanks + SCV's was enough for me to not lose a single tank destorying this base(Lots of my SCV's died ). Once everything was dead, Bring up the Odin and Seige your stuff. Barrage a wave of units and win.

Air base: Used Odin around the outskirts of it to take out the missle turrets with a Viking squad to spot. I had about 4 Thors too so I charged into the base with Merc Vikings and a few normal ones and lured all the air units into Thor + Odin fire. Had a nuke ready and emptied the base of stuff then proceded to bring all my SCV's to help hold. Sat on the beacon and dropped a nuke. killed all the tanks and damaged the BC's quite a bit. Second wave was just obliterated. If GSL has taught us anything its that walking into a big group of tanks thors and vikings is a death wish
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
Smajdalf21
Profile Joined August 2011
Czech Republic26 Posts
September 08 2011 12:44 GMT
#179
On September 07 2011 03:14 Orcasgt24 wrote:
I cannt belive none has mentioned this.

During the surprise attack use the Odin to kill all the command centers and SCV's. Don't worry too much about anything else. The CC at the airbase can be targeted from behind the wall with the barrage and it will kill all the SCV's their. 5 total CC's and about 20 SCV's. You got lots of time =D

No CC's + No SCV's=no unit production. Whatever is on the map is what you gotta kill.Nothing else.

Infantry base: Odin+SCV's > this place. Once I cleared the path too the building I sent the Merc tanks to seige the high ground. The High ground is paticuly troublesome so make sure you have a scan or two so you can clear the units up there. Reaper suck vs Odin but they will shoot at you forever and it adds up fast.

Tank Base. Dropped a nuke on the Missle Turret and Seige Tank. Odin is no good here so I left him in my base. 5 Seige Tanks + SCV's was enough for me to not lose a single tank destorying this base(Lots of my SCV's died ). Once everything was dead, Bring up the Odin and Seige your stuff. Barrage a wave of units and win.

Air base: Used Odin around the outskirts of it to take out the missle turrets with a Viking squad to spot. I had about 4 Thors too so I charged into the base with Merc Vikings and a few normal ones and lured all the air units into Thor + Odin fire. Had a nuke ready and emptied the base of stuff then proceded to bring all my SCV's to help hold. Sat on the beacon and dropped a nuke. killed all the tanks and damaged the BC's quite a bit. Second wave was just obliterated. If GSL has taught us anything its that walking into a big group of tanks thors and vikings is a death wish


this is in fact the mext mission, Media Blitz, not the Engine of Destruction one this thread is about. good points though
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 19:25:50
September 08 2011 19:24 GMT
#180
On September 07 2011 03:14 Orcasgt24 wrote:
I cannt belive none has mentioned this.

During the surprise attack use the Odin to kill all the command centers and SCV's. Don't worry too much about anything else. The CC at the airbase can be targeted from behind the wall with the barrage and it will kill all the SCV's their. 5 total CC's and about 20 SCV's. You got lots of time =D

No CC's + No SCV's=no unit production. Whatever is on the map is what you gotta kill.Nothing else.

Infantry base: Odin+SCV's > this place. Once I cleared the path too the building I sent the Merc tanks to seige the high ground. The High ground is paticuly troublesome so make sure you have a scan or two so you can clear the units up there. Reaper suck vs Odin but they will shoot at you forever and it adds up fast.

Tank Base. Dropped a nuke on the Missle Turret and Seige Tank. Odin is no good here so I left him in my base. 5 Seige Tanks + SCV's was enough for me to not lose a single tank destorying this base(Lots of my SCV's died ). Once everything was dead, Bring up the Odin and Seige your stuff. Barrage a wave of units and win.

Air base: Used Odin around the outskirts of it to take out the missle turrets with a Viking squad to spot. I had about 4 Thors too so I charged into the base with Merc Vikings and a few normal ones and lured all the air units into Thor + Odin fire. Had a nuke ready and emptied the base of stuff then proceded to bring all my SCV's to help hold. Sat on the beacon and dropped a nuke. killed all the tanks and damaged the BC's quite a bit. Second wave was just obliterated. If GSL has taught us anything its that walking into a big group of tanks thors and vikings is a death wish


As previously said, this is the wrong mission
at risk of slight thread derailment I'll say that this mission is very easy, I'd rather cripple the tank+air production facilities, as they will still produce some units with no SCVs/CCs.
I could explain my method, or you can check it out here:
+ Show Spoiler +



I go a little paranoid on the defence of shutting down the stations, but you really don't have to. You have as much time as you want to deal with them. as no additional units are made once you kill the infantry base and the mini-base on the left.


The subject at hand though, engine of destruction, I can't emphasize how awesome banshee+viking+science vessal is on this mission, if you ever have problems here, go get those units and come back and it'll be a cakewalk.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ZombieGrub272
Nina 161
NeuroSwarm 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14586
scan(afreeca) 24
Bale 14
NaDa 11
Dota 2
febbydoto18
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King54
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4107
Liquid`Hasu679
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1998
summit1g1759
shahzam524
WinterStarcraft370
ToD291
C9.Mang0288
JuggernautJason39
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1072
Other Games
• imaqtpie1000
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
12h 37m
INu's Battles
13h 37m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
15h 37m
OSC
1d
Replay Cast
1d 1h
OSC
2 days
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.