• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:47
CEST 01:47
KST 08:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7423 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 122

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 120 121 122 123 124 173 Next
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-22 03:46:53
August 22 2014 03:46 GMT
#2421
On August 22 2014 07:10 zulu_nation8 wrote:
I'm having pretty bad hip flexor problems still with squats and it's now at the point that I'm only comfortable doing the same weight for work sets as my bench work set. My deadlift is still 100 lbs more and looks to be at the correct weight though I get a tiny bit of pain after those also. I was looking at this: http://breakingmuscle.com/mobility-recovery/squats-and-hip-dysfuction-2-common-problems-and-how-to-fix-them

and I'm fairly certain through my internet researched personal diagnosis that my weak glutes are the cause. I was told to stick my butt out more the last time someone watched me squat, and by not doing that, it's probably placing too much stress on my flexors. Igne told me to sit in squat position for 10min everyday, which I'm doing. I'm also stretching and can do this:

[image loading]

without any problems and pushing my hips forward as far as I can possibly go. So mobility and flexibility is probably not the cause. I've also been doing glute bridges on rest days and pre-workout and some other glute stuff before squatting. Should I take a break from squatting? What else can I do to strengthen glutes and practice correct form? I don't wanna bench more than I can squat and attract weird stares.

Basically on warm up sets at about 80% of the workset and worksets, I experience a sharp pain near my hip flexor area as I'm coming up. Sometimes I squat through it but sometimes with 1 day rest, the pain gets pretty bad and I lower the weight.


When you're doing those stretches make sure your hips are forward and squeeze your glutes.

Do glute and core activation when warming up to help relieve the lower back/hip flexor over compensation. Use bands, do glute bridges for warm ups, etc. Make sure you're squeezing your glutes before you unrack the bar to set your spine and squeeze them through the finish on the way up.

http://crossfit206.com/articles/protect_your_back/
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
August 22 2014 04:55 GMT
#2422
thanks, gotunk i wish i had asked you how to lift years ago
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
August 22 2014 20:58 GMT
#2423
On August 22 2014 13:55 zulu_nation8 wrote:
thanks, gotunk i wish i had asked you how to lift years ago


Is this sarcasm or it worked?

BTW if your butt is contantly sticking out, the reason might be tight glutes (not weak glutes)
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
August 23 2014 01:28 GMT
#2424
wat havent tried, i meant when you started lifting i should've done the same instead of play league of legends.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
August 23 2014 02:40 GMT
#2425
On August 23 2014 10:28 zulu_nation8 wrote:
wat havent tried, i meant when you started lifting i should've done the same instead of play league of legends.


You would be like Lu Xiaojun by now!
Advantageous
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
China1350 Posts
August 23 2014 03:33 GMT
#2426
hi TL fitness, first time here. i've been working out for almost a year now, and outside of the muscle gains i havent really witnessed any big shift in weight (maybe about 10lbs~15lbs). i eat about 2k-1.5k calories a day, but some times 2.5k~2.8k depending on the situation (if im out having a good time). idk if it is my work out routine or if it is my diet... can anyone give me some advice to maybe what food to avoid (or how to make a meal plan)? im currently 205 and yes i do have a belly but i have noticed it getting smaller since last year.

workout rouitine (6 days):+ Show Spoiler +
www.muscleandstrength.com
"Because I am BossToss" -MC ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ I'm sure that all of my fellow class mates viewed me as the Adonis of the Class of 2015 already. -Xenocider, EG, ieF 2013 Champion.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
August 23 2014 03:36 GMT
#2427
You shouldn't be eating under 2k on any day even if you're cutting, if you weigh 205.
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
August 23 2014 06:12 GMT
#2428
Truest line ever spoken:

ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
August 23 2014 09:20 GMT
#2429
Goddamnit I love this guy
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-23 12:28:36
August 23 2014 12:22 GMT
#2430
"Build a thousand bridges, suck one dick. You're not a bridge builder, you're just a dick sucker:"

Edit: lol, just saw the steroids video.

"increased Libido", which is french for "torpedo" LOL.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
August 23 2014 15:07 GMT
#2431
the functional strength part made me laugh quite a bit
Advantageous
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
China1350 Posts
August 23 2014 18:58 GMT
#2432
On August 23 2014 21:22 funkie wrote:
"Build a thousand bridges, suck one dick. You're not a bridge builder, you're just a dick sucker:"

Edit: lol, just saw the steroids video.

"increased Libido", which is french for "torpedo" LOL.


That bridge quote is on point doe. Just calling it like we see it.
"Because I am BossToss" -MC ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ I'm sure that all of my fellow class mates viewed me as the Adonis of the Class of 2015 already. -Xenocider, EG, ieF 2013 Champion.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
August 23 2014 20:26 GMT
#2433
Refereeing 14 soccer games in a weekend... what was I thinking.

Anyways, currently screwing with bodyweight stuff because the only vaguely affordable local gym doesn't have barbells.

wat.

After I get back in the swing of things at school might shift to a vaguely more hypertrophic plan, but we shalt see. I was feeling very healthy and good about my lifts when I left school.
BreAKerTV
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Taiwan1658 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-24 09:29:23
August 24 2014 09:08 GMT
#2434
alright guys, so I have decided to set myself a new goal. I've been looking at diet plans and what I should eat in the course of a given day... I've been stuck at about 72 Kilograms for a while now, and I don't think that is likely to change by simply eating less.

I am considering going with the atkins diet, more specifically what I found here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek4.htm

There are some flaws with this (more specifically where I am living now, it is difficult to get hamburger patties), but I can probably substitute Salmon in place of Tuna, right? Chicken breast alone is also a bit difficult to find.

What do you guys think of this in correlation with a well-rounded workout? With what I am trying to do, do I have to match this diet plan 100%?
Retired caster / streamer "BingeHD". Digital Nomad.
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
August 25 2014 00:11 GMT
#2435
Hit a 300 lb x5 deadlift today. Slowly building up to that 400 lb 1rm.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
August 25 2014 01:55 GMT
#2436
On August 24 2014 18:08 BreAKerTV wrote:
alright guys, so I have decided to set myself a new goal. I've been looking at diet plans and what I should eat in the course of a given day... I've been stuck at about 72 Kilograms for a while now, and I don't think that is likely to change by simply eating less.

I am considering going with the atkins diet, more specifically what I found here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek4.htm

There are some flaws with this (more specifically where I am living now, it is difficult to get hamburger patties), but I can probably substitute Salmon in place of Tuna, right? Chicken breast alone is also a bit difficult to find.

What do you guys think of this in correlation with a well-rounded workout? With what I am trying to do, do I have to match this diet plan 100%?


Why on earth are you trying to weigh less than 160lbs? How tall are you?
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
BreAKerTV
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Taiwan1658 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-25 04:19:27
August 25 2014 03:32 GMT
#2437
On August 25 2014 10:55 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2014 18:08 BreAKerTV wrote:
alright guys, so I have decided to set myself a new goal. I've been looking at diet plans and what I should eat in the course of a given day... I've been stuck at about 72 Kilograms for a while now, and I don't think that is likely to change by simply eating less.

I am considering going with the atkins diet, more specifically what I found here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek4.htm

There are some flaws with this (more specifically where I am living now, it is difficult to get hamburger patties), but I can probably substitute Salmon in place of Tuna, right? Chicken breast alone is also a bit difficult to find.

What do you guys think of this in correlation with a well-rounded workout? With what I am trying to do, do I have to match this diet plan 100%?


Why on earth are you trying to weigh less than 160lbs? How tall are you?

That is no longer my goal. I wanna get ripped. BTW, I'm 180 CM.
Retired caster / streamer "BingeHD". Digital Nomad.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
August 25 2014 03:54 GMT
#2438
Finally got my Romaloes

I have no words to describe their awesomeness
Philozovic
Profile Joined August 2012
France1677 Posts
August 25 2014 10:03 GMT
#2439
My girlfriend just allowed me to go full Lü Xiaojun She obviously has great tastes
It's going to take a while though
INnoVation is the absolute best | I wept for i knew his words to be true
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
August 25 2014 12:02 GMT
#2440
On August 21 2014 14:43 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2014 14:34 IgnE wrote:
What are front barbell raises in the bottom snatch position?



I almost fell over a couple times with 65lb lol. Got a bunch of reps in with the bar XD
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Prev 1 120 121 122 123 124 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 664
Artosis 543
White-Ra 128
910 42
Dota 2
monkeys_forever514
NeuroSwarm178
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv125
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe121
PPMD79
Heroes of the Storm
Trikslyr99
Other Games
summit1g8055
shahzam615
JimRising 438
C9.Mang0328
ArmadaUGS76
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick654
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream327
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 126
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 13m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 13m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.