• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:44
CEST 15:44
KST 22:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9006 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 686

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 684 685 686 687 688 730 Next
Crawler
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Estonia248 Posts
November 21 2011 20:12 GMT
#13701
On November 22 2011 01:47 eshlow wrote:
FWIW, should I start a bodyweight training topic or just have stuff in here?

I feel like not many people besides me are interested in it to a significant degree.


You should still make a thread. Probably gets more people interested and maybe some aren't so active here because this thread is so focused on lifting weights. I won't switch to bodyweight training yet tho. Promised to finish my 3 month SS first which ends on ~22th december and also it takes 20-32 days for your book to get here.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
November 21 2011 22:23 GMT
#13702
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

best gym session ever

so i done some shitty squats and then corrected my form after asking a guy to video/help me, that was cool

then i went to do bench press and it was shit and i had back/lat pain which i thought i shouldnt have by now, and was doing -5kg than i expected and way behind schedual

then this tall russian guy got me to spot for him and he took me by surprrise benching like 140+ but SUPER fuckin fast like a maniac. so i asked him to spot for me. he was SOOO strong and i felt so comfortable being spotted by him (usually i freak out and hurt myself when someone tries to spot me) and we pushed it so that my arms worked INSANELY good and after i got up both times i was laughing and laughing coz of the endorphins it was looooooooool

then i went to do my shitty deads and there was a Competitor doing like 240kg deads but he was chatting with someone so i crept over and asked if he could help me with my form, which he did, and made me feel SUPER confident about it

so i finished up with my now-awesome deads and looked up at the chin-up bar, which i have avoided for months and months after injuring myself/trapped nerve/whatever stupid shit trying to pull off one single repetition with my dangerously scrawny arms. i shrugged and walked up to it, took a close grip, and completely effortlessly elevated myself for 2 reps. i stopped and stood back and laughed again LOL WUT

cool session. remembering to do my shitty 15kg dumbell curls too, usually i forget
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-22 02:50:37
November 22 2011 00:04 GMT
#13703
NEW PRRRR Epic 147.5kg clean before i take a few days off for thanksgiving break.


and here's a 135/140 CJ that went pretty well. Might have set a PR powerclean/jerk @ 130 but i didn't get a video of it


bonus footage of me scoring in our first game of the season! (i score 2 more times somewhere in there but i dont want to take the time to look for em lol) Also, epic hit by our flanker at 28:04
+ Show Spoiler +

If embed doesnt auto start it, jump to 1:01:09
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
November 22 2011 02:01 GMT
#13704
When i squat, my back and arms go numb, and i fail the lift. This usually occurs around the 3rd set, but my legs aren't even that tired. Anyone have any idea what's causing this?
☺
MeShiet
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada290 Posts
November 22 2011 03:30 GMT
#13705
Sick lifts decaf, especially the PR clean. You'll land the jerk next time no problem... =D
If you die this way, you won't live to tell anyone how you died
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
November 22 2011 03:43 GMT
#13706
Decaf those lifts were incredible, an inspiration actually.

------

So, I tried doing low-bar squats the other day and I couldn't do it because my shoulder flexibility is so shitty I can't place the bar lower. Is this considered pathetic? Actually, if there's one thing I lost in these past few months it's flexibility. A lot of stretches I used to be able to do I can't even anymore and I feel like a robot who hasn't gotten any oil for decades. What should I do!?
I <3 Plexa.
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-22 04:07:32
November 22 2011 04:05 GMT
#13707
On November 22 2011 11:01 Release wrote:
When i squat, my back and arms go numb, and i fail the lift. This usually occurs around the 3rd set, but my legs aren't even that tired. Anyone have any idea what's causing this?

Eshlow probably has an answer of some sort, my guess is that the bar is resting incorrectly on a nerve or something. I would recommend re-checking form via SS. Make sure your hands are as close together as your flexibility allows, really pull your shoulder blades together and make sure the bar is resting on muscle.

On November 22 2011 12:43 Kamais_Ookin wrote:
Decaf those lifts were incredible, an inspiration actually.

------

So, I tried doing low-bar squats the other day and I couldn't do it because my shoulder flexibility is so shitty I can't place the bar lower. Is this considered pathetic? Actually, if there's one thing I lost in these past few months it's flexibility. A lot of stretches I used to be able to do I can't even anymore and I feel like a robot who hasn't gotten any oil for decades. What should I do!?

In which ways have you gotten less flexible? That should not be happening. The full range of motion from squatting should have improved flexibility around your lower-body, and press and powercleans should insure that you have good flexibility around your upper-body.

As for low bar squats, stretch, do arm circles, ect and keep inching your hands closer and closer together.


Super sick lifts decaf, the fight in the clean was incredible!
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
November 22 2011 04:11 GMT
#13708
you dont need to grip the bar with your thumb around it, makes it 100x easier on your shitty shoulders/arms
otherwise you can spend ages gradually stretching/closing in your grip before you start to squat every time, which is what i was doing until today when i just said fuck it and tried without wrapping my thumb
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-22 04:58:37
November 22 2011 04:23 GMT
#13709
On November 22 2011 13:05 emperorchampion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2011 11:01 Release wrote:
When i squat, my back and arms go numb, and i fail the lift. This usually occurs around the 3rd set, but my legs aren't even that tired. Anyone have any idea what's causing this?

Eshlow probably has an answer of some sort, my guess is that the bar is resting incorrectly on a nerve or something. I would recommend re-checking form via SS. Make sure your hands are as close together as your flexibility allows, really pull your shoulder blades together and make sure the bar is resting on muscle.

Show nested quote +
On November 22 2011 12:43 Kamais_Ookin wrote:
Decaf those lifts were incredible, an inspiration actually.

------

So, I tried doing low-bar squats the other day and I couldn't do it because my shoulder flexibility is so shitty I can't place the bar lower. Is this considered pathetic? Actually, if there's one thing I lost in these past few months it's flexibility. A lot of stretches I used to be able to do I can't even anymore and I feel like a robot who hasn't gotten any oil for decades. What should I do!?

In which ways have you gotten less flexible? That should not be happening. The full range of motion from squatting should have improved flexibility around your lower-body, and press and powercleans should insure that you have good flexibility around your upper-body.

As for low bar squats, stretch, do arm circles, ect and keep inching your hands closer and closer together.


Super sick lifts decaf, the fight in the clean was incredible!

I think it's because I've gained so much weight in a few months from SL + not having taken a week break yet hence always being really sore and tight like a big robot. My lower-body has indeed gotten more flexible from the squats and I can go lower now but I was talking about my upper-body. Basically any stretch that you can imagine I have a lot more trouble then I used to and can only go half-way on some at most. I'll try your suggestions for sure!


On November 22 2011 13:11 FFGenerations wrote:
you dont need to grip the bar with your thumb around it, makes it 100x easier on your shitty shoulders/arms
otherwise you can spend ages gradually stretching/closing in your grip before you start to squat every time, which is what i was doing until today when i just said fuck it and tried without wrapping my thumb

I never wrap my thumb around the bar like a bench-press when I squat, even on the high-bar version!

Edit: I'm going to do http://phraktured.net/starting-stretching.html and http://phraktured.net/molding-mobility.html which seem to go hand-in-hand and should fix my problem judging from the stuff that is required to do. Soon I will be the most flexible member in TLHF but more importantly no more being a clunky big robot. Besides, that's not good for the lady in bed either.
I <3 Plexa.
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
November 22 2011 07:08 GMT
#13710
I have problems keeping my arm wrapped around my girl when we go for long walks, so I just pull her closer so it's easier on the shoulders and tell her 'I want you as close to me as I can´. No shoulder problems, epic sex afterwards.

Also what´s the date for the pics, guys?
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
November 22 2011 07:49 GMT
#13711
You should definitely start a bodyweight training thread, I would participate and I think it would attract more people to the idea just through exposure.
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
November 22 2011 08:52 GMT
#13712
Went to doctor. He did some stuff manipulating my back, and I got the sensation back o.o

Can restart exercises in two weeks if it stays away.
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
November 22 2011 12:35 GMT
#13713
Anybody want to check this power clean? It's been a while since I did Oly lifting and I decided I'd like to try to use a bent arm position for the power clean. It seems to work a lot better for me this way.

FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-22 13:21:22
November 22 2011 13:21 GMT
#13714
looks to me that your arms are too involved,
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

ahh apologies i re-read what you said haha
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-22 13:24:43
November 22 2011 13:24 GMT
#13715
The face I'm making and the quality of that picture makes it look like I'm having an allergic reaction to peanuts or something.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-22 13:41:28
November 22 2011 13:39 GMT
#13716
gonna write what i was helped with yesterday so i dont forget and incase it helps others obv

squat
switched to thumbless grip
bar down lower on back (fractionally, or at least adjusted)
gave me a much better centre of gravity, stopping my back from hunching so bad

bench
suggested i do lat exercises to help my stability and stop me injuring the right side of my middle-back occaisionally when i lose stability
not too interested but will try to fit some lat work in for a little "catch up" at the end of my bench sessions

dead
slam your shins against the bar when you start and scrape your skin as much as you can (buy deadlift socks , maybe shin guards?). its supposed to be like this, so welcome it
do not raise the barbell by putting it on a platform (i was putting it on 2 weights to raise it up a bit because im tall and flexibility)
look up at the ceiling when you start the lift. this puts you in the correct starting position automatically (i know SS says to be neutral but this is great for beginner at least imo)
legs drive, arms are completely neutral - this will feel like a leg exercise, more like a squat than anything else
take off your squat/raised heel shoes
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-22 14:16:11
November 22 2011 13:53 GMT
#13717
On November 22 2011 09:04 decafchicken wrote:
NEW PRRRR Epic 147.5kg clean before i take a few days off for thanksgiving break.
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWJK1KIYWZY


and here's a 135/140 CJ that went pretty well. Might have set a PR powerclean/jerk @ 130 but i didn't get a video of it
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JKAdHXjlzA


bonus footage of me scoring in our first game of the season! (i score 2 more times somewhere in there but i dont want to take the time to look for em lol) Also, epic hit by our flanker at 28:04
+ Show Spoiler +

If embed doesnt auto start it, jump to 1:01:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RCWKHg9f4M&feature=youtu.be&t=1h1m9s


awesome! I bet you would have gotten that jerk if you didnt have to go down a second time on the clean

On November 22 2011 21:35 RosaParksStoleMySeat wrote:
Anybody want to check this power clean? It's been a while since I did Oly lifting and I decided I'd like to try to use a bent arm position for the power clean. It seems to work a lot better for me this way.
+ Show Spoiler +

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NuoskB--ys&feature=youtu.be


watch some videos of spencer morman or donnie shankle. they both clean with bent arms, but it looks a bit different than your cleans. I cant explain it very well, but they "align" their arms with their torso, whereas you have your elbows way out. i'm not sure of the implications for the clean but I bet there is a good reason why spence and donny clean the way they do and not the way you do hehe
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
November 22 2011 14:57 GMT
#13718
On November 22 2011 22:39 FFGenerations wrote:
dead
slam your shins against the bar when you start and scrape your skin as much as you can (buy deadlift socks , maybe shin guards?). its supposed to be like this, so welcome it


The fuck? If you hate you shins, or have something against your skin I guess...
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-22 15:22:14
November 22 2011 15:21 GMT
#13719
he's actually right. the closer the bar stays to your shins, the better. I have several scars on my shins from ripping off skin because I cant be bothered to buy long socks hehe

where I dont agree is that you have to take off your oly lifting shoes. I deadlift just fine in my ristos!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
November 22 2011 18:30 GMT
#13720
Pull-ups are honestly my most hated exercise.

Dips I am doing first a warm up of 2x12 with 60lb assist (ezpz), after that 4x5-8 (as many as I can do) with +50 pounds added to my belt... So that's pretty decent, my triceps aren't amazing by any means, but I'm happy with those numbers.

For pull ups, the distance between my hands is about 3 feet or a bit less than one meter. I do a 90 lb assist followed by 80lb assist for warm up. These are nice, my body isn't moving too much and I have good form where my back in nicely flexed at the top of my lift. But once my real lifts start and I go for 60lb assist, followed by 50lb assist, then 40lb assist twice... I go for 6 reps, the first part of the lift is nice and easy, but once my arms have a 90 degree angle, I just cannot pull myself up, and I think it's more of my biceps restricting it than my back. I don't think my back is that weak, I mean I'm doing 160lb lateral rows, and 135lb on the ones where you're like laying down... Makes me mad that there is such a big disparity.

My weight stopped going up quite a bit, I see minor improvements of maybe 2-3lb every week, so atleast it is still progress, but what I am happy about is I am putting on size.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
Prev 1 684 685 686 687 688 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 259
MaxPax 154
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65621
Calm 3667
Shuttle 3170
FanTaSy 1600
Bisu 1574
EffOrt 529
Mini 451
Soma 413
Rush 340
Stork 327
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 274
firebathero 248
Light 222
Snow 179
ZerO 151
Last 144
Soulkey 136
actioN 115
Zeus 103
Barracks 100
Dewaltoss 74
Killer 72
hero 57
Mong 56
Pusan 50
Shinee 46
Hyun 43
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 33
Free 28
Shine 28
sorry 25
PianO 22
Aegong 20
Sharp 20
yabsab 16
zelot 16
HiyA 12
Sacsri 11
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6777
Dendi847
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1353
kRYSTAL_209
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko490
Other Games
gofns42440
singsing2110
B2W.Neo687
hiko426
crisheroes299
byalli276
DeMusliM223
Livibee182
Hui .168
Liquid`VortiX104
Rex96
Mew2King92
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1213
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 31m
Replay Cast
9h 16m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.