• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:48
CEST 01:48
KST 08:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7314 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 34

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 730 Next
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
January 20 2011 00:06 GMT
#661
yeah i realized my bench form was a piece of shit. all my coaches and shit always told me to keep a flat back T_T
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
January 20 2011 00:11 GMT
#662
Yea I don't know why no one ever emphasized this for me. Ever.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
January 20 2011 00:16 GMT
#663
i've heard it looks unnatural and stresses your lower back and some shit like that...
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
January 20 2011 00:24 GMT
#664
On January 20 2011 09:16 sJarl wrote:
i've heard it looks unnatural and stresses your lower back and some shit like that...


I mean it DOES look unnatural lol
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Alexson
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belarus293 Posts
January 20 2011 00:31 GMT
#665
2 wendy hamburgers and 1 frosty swirl with chocolate chip cookie doe shake, u jelly at my crazy bulk, brahs?
Liberal who supports gun use and supports an eye for an eye
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
January 20 2011 01:14 GMT
#666
On January 20 2011 09:24 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2011 09:16 sJarl wrote:
i've heard it looks unnatural and stresses your lower back and some shit like that...


I mean it DOES look unnatural lol


It IS unnatural, feels really weird. I hope I get used to it after a few sessions while moving up.

I never had much problems with my shoulders, but that's probably because I was doing weaksauce weights, might give me problems when/if I move up more.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
January 20 2011 01:52 GMT
#667
decaf u gonna go to collegiates? i might go... lol I might not since of all the schoolwork haha.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
January 20 2011 04:28 GMT
#668
Got my front squat in at 325 aka 147.5kg whee. threw in some bench at 3x235 and chin ups too. First time i've been to the powerhouse at night since new years. Holy shit i had to contain my rage. Two kids literally passed an ez curl bar doing awful form sets to failure the entire time i was front squatting and then a posse of asian kids came and all started curling in a line T_T
Also, i think i need to stop wearing sleeveless shirts to the gym, my body as a result of oly lifting + paleo = too many looks lol i feel like a doooooouche

@dimsum, if i can find a way to get there and it doesnt interfere with rugby i probably will.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
January 20 2011 04:31 GMT
#669
On January 20 2011 13:28 decafchicken wrote:
Got my front squat in at 325 aka 147.5kg whee. threw in some bench at 3x235 and chin ups too. First time i've been to the powerhouse at night since new years. Holy shit i had to contain my rage. Two kids literally passed an ez curl bar doing awful form sets to failure the entire time i was front squatting and then a posse of asian kids came and all started curling in a line T_T
Also, i think i need to stop wearing sleeveless shirts to the gym, my body as a result of oly lifting + paleo = too many looks lol i feel like a doooooouche

@dimsum, if i can find a way to get there and it doesnt interfere with rugby i probably will.


Yea, I agree. Scrawny asians doing curls cause me to rage so hard
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Lorken
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand804 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-20 06:46:41
January 20 2011 06:40 GMT
#670
Ok, I've been exercising for almost 2 months now, and don't really have any goals except to be a little healthier, here's what I do with the limited equipment/time I have:
After waking up:
200 sit ups/crunches
45 press ups (trying to get it to 50)
5kg dumbell lifts (donno what it's called, extend arm fully downwards and pull it up fully, bending at the elbow) 30 each arm (will probably try to get it to 50, but I want to reach 50 press ups first).

then before dinner I do:
30 min run
15 pull ups (trying to get it to 20)
and then everything I do after I wake up.
That's basically my workout schedule and I did see results, but that's slowed down drastically (basically all I got was a flatter stomach)
and I was wondering if I am doing something I shouldn't or if I should be doing something more.
Thanks

EDIT: Forgot to add:
18 years old
about 180 cm tall
about 70 kg
Goals: to get to 50 press ups and 20 pull ups, will take my sweet time.
LOUD NOISES!!!
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
January 20 2011 06:45 GMT
#671
On January 20 2011 15:40 Lorken wrote:
Ok, I've been exercising for almost 2 months now, and don't really have any goals except to be a little healthier, here's what I do with the limited equipment/time I have:
After waking up:
200 sit ups/crunches
45 press ups (trying to get it to 50)
5kg dumbell lifts (donno what it's called, extend arm fully downwards and pull it up fully, bending at the elbow) 30 each arm (will probably try to get it to 50, but I want to reach 50 press ups first).

then before dinner I do:
30 min run
15 pull ups (trying to get it to 20)
and then everything I do after I wake up.
That's basically my workout schedule and I did see results, but that's slowed down drastically (basically all I got was a flatter stomach)
and I was wondering if I am doing something I shouldn't or if I should be doing something more.
Thanks

It'd be optimal for you to start training with a barbell as you won't see much (if any) results just doing crunches/push ups/low intensity cardio
Do you have access to a gym?
See the OP -> Starting Strength
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
January 20 2011 06:56 GMT
#672
tried squatting deeper per the SS recommendations. little awkward. almost fell over the first time lol, finally started putting weight towards my heels and it picked up really fast.
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
Lorken
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand804 Posts
January 20 2011 07:26 GMT
#673
On January 20 2011 15:45 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2011 15:40 Lorken wrote:
Ok, I've been exercising for almost 2 months now, and don't really have any goals except to be a little healthier, here's what I do with the limited equipment/time I have:
After waking up:
200 sit ups/crunches
45 press ups (trying to get it to 50)
5kg dumbell lifts (donno what it's called, extend arm fully downwards and pull it up fully, bending at the elbow) 30 each arm (will probably try to get it to 50, but I want to reach 50 press ups first).

then before dinner I do:
30 min run
15 pull ups (trying to get it to 20)
and then everything I do after I wake up.
That's basically my workout schedule and I did see results, but that's slowed down drastically (basically all I got was a flatter stomach)
and I was wondering if I am doing something I shouldn't or if I should be doing something more.
Thanks

It'd be optimal for you to start training with a barbell as you won't see much (if any) results just doing crunches/push ups/low intensity cardio
Do you have access to a gym?
See the OP -> Starting Strength

No gym till late Feb (and only a month more after that) and I've never been good with a barbell (only tried bench press once a long time ago, couldn't even do 30kg ) But I'm moving away (by plane) in a month so I don't think there's a point buying anything until then. What if I just put something heavy in a bag while I was running? I also started putting weights on my chest while doing crunches (~3-5 kg physics books ) is that a good idea or will it be damaging?
LOUD NOISES!!!
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
January 20 2011 08:37 GMT
#674
Don't run with the weights, that will be bad for your knees, ankles, and lower back. If you want to make the cardio harder, you can either run for longer time, for farther distance, or run faster. Personally I enjoy intervals where you sprint for a given distance, rest for a time, and the sprint again. But I don't do a lot of cardio right now, as I find it hard enough to eat 3,000 calories a day WITHOUT burning extra. Sit ups with a book are fine. Thing is that you're not going to see big results doing simple bodyweight exercises after a short time. If you want to talk to one of the guys here doing a planche progression, you could possibly get in to that (it's really difficult) but otherwise your main way to work out is going to be in a gym, preferably with a barbell. If you do get in to the gym, don't worry about how much you lift, even if it's just the bar. Everyone there is paying attention to what they are about to be doing, not you. Even if someone does notice, what matters is that you're there and your trying. Gotta start somewhere, the big weights will come in time.

m0nion, try picking up your toes while you're squatting, it will force the weight on to your heels. Also consider (if you don't mind getting your socks dirty) squatting without shoes on. I do, and it makes a world of difference, even though my shoes have very thin, almost flat soles to begin with.

Lifting tomorrow for the second time since coming back to school. Expecting there to be less people on the treadmills, and the same number of people in the free weights now that the gym's been open for a full week. It's a deadlifting day. I LOVE deadlifting. Here I am at three in the morning, twelve full hours before my lift already getting myself pumped up. Gonna be a great workout, I can feel it... but first I need to get some sleep.
ModernAgeShaman
Profile Joined January 2008
Norway484 Posts
January 20 2011 08:57 GMT
#675
On January 20 2011 09:31 Alexson wrote:
2 wendy hamburgers and 1 frosty swirl with chocolate chip cookie doe shake, u jelly at my crazy bulk, brahs?


I'm totally jealous of the poor muscle:fat ratio that junkfood most likely netted you.
kodiaktfc
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada14 Posts
January 20 2011 09:03 GMT
#676
I'm 22, been training for nearly 2 years but have only really known what I was doing for the last year. I am currently in my bulking phase and have gone from 190lbs to 226lbs over 3 months (I'm 6'3"). My weights have been going up pretty steady so I decided to go for my 1RM again.

November 2010: Squat 245lbs, Bench 185lbs, Deadlift 335lbs, DB Press 65lbs
Today: Squat 295lbs, Bench 235lbs, Deadlift 395lbs. DB Press 85lbs

I wanted to bulk until early March but I am beginning to chicken out, I can't stand the excess belly fat and it kills the motivation. Also, my cardio is pathetic these days, I'm looking forward to getting that back soon.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-20 11:16:45
January 20 2011 10:56 GMT
#677
On January 20 2011 18:03 kodiaktfc wrote:
I'm 22, been training for nearly 2 years but have only really known what I was doing for the last year. I am currently in my bulking phase and have gone from 190lbs to 226lbs over 3 months (I'm 6'3"). My weights have been going up pretty steady so I decided to go for my 1RM again.

November 2010: Squat 245lbs, Bench 185lbs, Deadlift 335lbs, DB Press 65lbs
Today: Squat 295lbs, Bench 235lbs, Deadlift 395lbs. DB Press 85lbs

I wanted to bulk until early March but I am beginning to chicken out, I can't stand the excess belly fat and it kills the motivation. Also, my cardio is pathetic these days, I'm looking forward to getting that back soon.


Have you been doing any form of cardio during your bulk? If not you might want to add some in to reduce the fat gained. Also, your gains have been very good but what matters are they still coming?

Good numbers btw!

EDIT: Lol, just saw the part where you were talking about your cardio. Adding 1-3 sessions of cardio each week seem to help me alot when my bf% start to rise higher than optimal.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
hazelynut
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2197 Posts
January 20 2011 12:12 GMT
#678
Joining in on this super late I think o.o

Name/nick: hazelynut
Age: 20 || Height: 5'5" || Weight: 125 lbs
Starting Date: 1/20/2011 || Goal Date: 2/10/2011
Weight goals -- Probably 120 lbs, kind of short on time.
Training goals -- Crunches, leg lifts, any ab exercises, cardio
Nutrition goals -- Just going to try to eat as healthy as I can, aka choose the salad bar and not eat ice cream / cake.
Misc goals -- My overall goal is to get rid of any excess flub and turn it into a little bit of muscle. My main goal is to get a flat tummy for a dance show that's coming up xD This is a little hard because I've never been to the gym before or seriously watched what I eat before, so I lack mental discipline. TIME TO BUCKLE DOWNN. I started bench pressing the 45 lb bar for kicks along with other exercises, hopefully I will just be more fit in general!
Zerg | life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery | www.cstarleague.com <3
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-20 13:21:39
January 20 2011 12:57 GMT
#679
Yesterday I did

Squat: 105kg 3x5 (flawless shit, didn't even hesitated on my reps, I r teh shiznit)
PowerClean: 50kg 5x3 (working on form, and yesterday I think I got the hang of it, I'll do PC again with this weight, and then start to move up. I love power cleans, people's face when you lift that shit is fucking funnanyzz)

:D. Not doing press since My shoulder is giving me bitch times, Imma go to a doctor and see wtf is up.

edit:
yesterday, and douche wanted to curl with in the power rack. Motherfucker, had me going nuts, and I was like "Broh, you done?" all the time, and he was like "Not yet." and then I put mad plates on the sides and Power clean that shit and then I'm like, ez ez shit pz motherfuckerrr curl thiiiis"

and yes, curling is totally ghey.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
January 20 2011 13:42 GMT
#680
On January 20 2011 21:12 hazelynut wrote:
Joining in on this super late I think o.o

Name/nick: hazelynut
Age: 20 || Height: 5'5" || Weight: 125 lbs
Starting Date: 1/20/2011 || Goal Date: 2/10/2011
Weight goals -- Probably 120 lbs, kind of short on time.
Training goals -- Crunches, leg lifts, any ab exercises, cardio
Nutrition goals -- Just going to try to eat as healthy as I can, aka choose the salad bar and not eat ice cream / cake.
Misc goals -- My overall goal is to get rid of any excess flub and turn it into a little bit of muscle. My main goal is to get a flat tummy for a dance show that's coming up xD This is a little hard because I've never been to the gym before or seriously watched what I eat before, so I lack mental discipline. TIME TO BUCKLE DOWNN. I started bench pressing the 45 lb bar for kicks along with other exercises, hopefully I will just be more fit in general!


Nah, never too late...

You can't really spot reduce so abdominal exercises isn't the way to go.

I would suggest along with most everyone in this thread that you go with a set novice program like Starting Strength (as described in the OP)... if you regulate diet with that you should be able to get good results.

Though it's harder for women on every front because you don't have as much testosterone flowing through you're blood as us.. though in general you do look better than us as an end result... haha
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 664
Artosis 543
White-Ra 128
910 42
Dota 2
monkeys_forever514
NeuroSwarm178
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv125
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe121
PPMD79
Heroes of the Storm
Trikslyr99
Other Games
summit1g8055
shahzam615
JimRising 438
C9.Mang0328
ArmadaUGS76
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick654
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream327
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 126
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 12m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.