• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:23
CEST 20:23
KST 03:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8420 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 25

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 730 Next
vicariouscheese
Profile Joined June 2010
United States589 Posts
January 13 2011 21:11 GMT
#481
On January 14 2011 05:41 funkie wrote:
Today is supposed to be my rest day.

What kind of shit should I do on my rest day if I'm bored to death and want something extremely bad to do? .

btw, My left buttcheek (glutes) has been "hurting", I don't know what it is, but it's always when my muscle is cooling off or I'm resting and shit, , when I'm warmed up, it doesn't even bother me in the least bit. any insight? I won't post pictures of my ass before you gheys ask.

[image loading]


Eat awesome food

I'm having some (not really big) problems with rest days myself, as I am used to going to the gym 5 days a week. Definitely much more of a psychological thing, as my body is getting pushed much more now that I have a definite plan to stick to.
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
January 13 2011 21:20 GMT
#482


breakfast of champions? :D

btw those benchpress instructional videos were really great.. gotta try this shit out tomorrow
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
January 13 2011 21:26 GMT
#483
Question about 5/3/1 ... in the pdf posted here, wendler says (about weight increases) to increase 5lb for upper (monthly) and 10lb for lower. but then i read the 'success stories' at the end and i see stuff like bench from 155 to 200 in 3 cycles
am i misunderstanding how weight increases work here or something?
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
RawrAnOcean
Profile Joined February 2006
United States359 Posts
January 13 2011 21:31 GMT
#484
Going to start Starting Strength tomorrow. Will keep up with this thread.

Galneryus
Height: 5'11" || Weight: 185
Starting Date: 1/14/11 || Goal Date: 12/31/11
Weight goals -- Pretty happy at where I'm at, but I could lose a good 10 lbs.
Training goals -- I set up a goal with a buddy 315 squat 315 deadlift and 315 bench. My progress should hit that, then I'll update it.
Nutrition goals -- Reduce that fast food, eat more consistent since I slack off on the food.
Misc goals -- Sleep more, smoke less, drink less, the typical stuff.
Slithe
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States985 Posts
January 13 2011 21:35 GMT
#485
On January 14 2011 06:31 Galneryus wrote:
Going to start Starting Strength tomorrow. Will keep up with this thread.

Galneryus
Height: 5'11" || Weight: 185
Starting Date: 1/14/11 || Goal Date: 12/31/11
Weight goals -- Pretty happy at where I'm at, but I could lose a good 10 lbs.
Training goals -- I set up a goal with a buddy 315 squat 315 deadlift and 315 bench. My progress should hit that, then I'll update it.
Nutrition goals -- Reduce that fast food, eat more consistent since I slack off on the food.
Misc goals -- Sleep more, smoke less, drink less, the typical stuff.


I think you'll be hitting the squat/deadlift goals much earlier than the bench goal. Any reason why you're setting the bench goal so high?
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
January 13 2011 21:51 GMT
#486
On January 14 2011 05:27 travis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2011 22:00 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
On January 13 2011 17:01 Slithe wrote:
On January 13 2011 14:55 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
My New Year's Resolution:

Planche pushup by 2012.


Dude, if you can accomplish it in a year, then mad props to you. I'd be happy if I can get a 3 second straddle by the end of the year.

Have you already started working on the progressions?


Yup

Although http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/229/ said 6 months to a year, which is what I based my goal on. Even if I don't make it, may as well have a lofty goal. Go hard or go home, it's the funkie way


whats your weight/height?

tbh ive only had hearsay of people making it in like 6 months, never any actual videos or pictures or anything

i was also mislead by what dragondoor says there when i first started, lol

but plz by all means prove me wrong if so then you're amazing


I definitely have the wrong figure for gymnastics :p I'm 6 foot, 195lbs right now (but I plan to eventually cut down to 190 and stay there when I'm happy with my build), and with quite a bit of leg mass. Either way, the planche progressions are fun and leave me sore as fuck, and I'm sure that I can accomplish it one day
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
January 13 2011 22:14 GMT
#487
yeah if u have an attitude like that you'll definitely get there eventually. there was a time i cared about my progress but after a while it got to a point where im doing it almost exclusively just for the sake of doing it. if i make progress then great. still have to keep myself psyched up enough to actually try, though.

p.s: if u get planche @ 195 or higher ur gonna be strong as hell
radiaL
Profile Joined August 2003
Andorra2690 Posts
January 13 2011 22:16 GMT
#488
On January 14 2011 03:47 decafchicken wrote:
You forgot to search decaf+topless+no+homo ^_^


hehe
it's part for motivation and part cause gf is concerned I will end up just big and undefined and I'm like WILLLOOKLIKEDECAF!! and she's like what's that and I'm like no search results.

Also part sheer curiosity from teamliquid hype. Full no homo.
sideproject: twitch.tv Starcraft II Viewers data - http://twitchsc2data.com/
vicariouscheese
Profile Joined June 2010
United States589 Posts
January 13 2011 22:27 GMT
#489
On January 14 2011 06:31 Galneryus wrote:
Going to start Starting Strength tomorrow. Will keep up with this thread.

Galneryus
Height: 5'11" || Weight: 185
Starting Date: 1/14/11 || Goal Date: 12/31/11
Weight goals -- Pretty happy at where I'm at, but I could lose a good 10 lbs.
Training goals -- I set up a goal with a buddy 315 squat 315 deadlift and 315 bench. My progress should hit that, then I'll update it.
Nutrition goals -- Reduce that fast food, eat more consistent since I slack off on the food.
Misc goals -- Sleep more, smoke less, drink less, the typical stuff.


If you progress like you're supposed to, by the time you hit 315 bench, your squat and deadlift should be like 500
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-13 22:42:40
January 13 2011 22:37 GMT
#490
Here's sad decaf after injuring his shoulder and not squatting or deadlifting for a month back in spring break (closest thing i have to a "before" picture)

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


And here's decaf with deadlifts + squats + clean and jerks + snatches in possibly the douchiest picture i've ever taken.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


See if she's okay with that...i know every girl i've slept with in the last 6 months has been ^_^

edit: abs 4 lulz while i'm on a douche streak
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Yes i have weird nipples
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-13 22:47:28
January 13 2011 22:42 GMT
#491
On January 14 2011 04:52 phyre112 wrote:
So I was lifting monday night in the weight room at my old high school (only place around that's available) and the place was pretty full, but mostly with people using dumbbells/treadmills/machines. Only myself and one other guy were using the (only) barbell/ (only) power rack. The guy though, was someone I played basketball with, and was probably the only person on the whole team I hated. Terrible player outside of a nice jump shot but he started almost every game. By my senior year we ended up getting pretty physical with each other, coach wouldn't even put us on the court at the same time in practice. He gave me a concussion that took two weeks to recover from. I had him in a sling for a while etc. Fun stuff, high school rivalries.

So he was in there, doing squats. I walk in and he's got 90kg on the bar, the little bitchpad, he's leaning significantly to the left and most importantly he's quarter squatting it, groaning like an sixty year old fat man climbing a set of stairs. 85 is a bit outside what I should probably be doing right now (I've been squatting 60kg for over a month, trying to strengthen my bad knee. It's worked wonders, and I'm on linear progression from there now) but since it's this particular guy I just channel my inner decaf/funkie/dimsum/etc. and get all pumped up to squat. He's taking a break in between sets, I say something to him about working in, take off the pad, hop under the bar, and do what is possibly the most perfect set of squats I have performed so far, even though it's 20 kg heavier than what I was supposed to do that day. He's watching the whole set, and as soon as I finish and rack the bar, he goes to get a drink, then signs out of the weight room and grabs his coat. Rage quits the gym.

I was pumped. WAY too drained to continue at that weight, but definitely pumped =p.


Oh lord. Guess you met your rl IdrA

Great pre-training meal â la Dave Tate. Need to take my eating to their level...

Today's workout:

BB Bench Press: 82,5kg x 3, 72,5kg x 9 and 62,5 x 12
Inc. BB BP: 5 sets of 55kg x 5
Close-Grip BP: 50kg x 10,8,8

Amazing how a bad setup fucks up everything. On the first set it just didn't click and my right shoulder didn't hold as well as it should, hence the low reps.

Time to kick recovery into overdrive...

EDIT: @JeeJee: When you are doing 531 you often start out really low and are getting 20+ reps on all the weeks on your lifts (like my deadlift lol) you can add more weight than persrcibed. And if you still are getting +20 reps after adding more than you should (like 40lbs or something) then you get the "success story" results. 531 is not good if you are looking for quick gains but in the long term it is possibly the best shit out there.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-13 22:42:57
January 13 2011 22:42 GMT
#492
decaf:
your pecs are smaller than mine, which i find weird
however u look way more ripped

u don't do any pressing other than over the head huh
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
January 13 2011 22:48 GMT
#493
Looking good Decaf but why on earth did you post it in wallpaper size? -.-
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
radiaL
Profile Joined August 2003
Andorra2690 Posts
January 13 2011 22:58 GMT
#494
so I wouldn't have to ask ? duh

Gf is pleased, hehe. Many thanks.



Did you guys ever do a TL fitness meet up?
sideproject: twitch.tv Starcraft II Viewers data - http://twitchsc2data.com/
radiaL
Profile Joined August 2003
Andorra2690 Posts
January 13 2011 23:02 GMT
#495
Btw, is that a gut in your first pic?
sideproject: twitch.tv Starcraft II Viewers data - http://twitchsc2data.com/
Slithe
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States985 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-13 23:05:10
January 13 2011 23:04 GMT
#496
On January 14 2011 07:16 radiaL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2011 03:47 decafchicken wrote:
You forgot to search decaf+topless+no+homo ^_^


hehe
it's part for motivation and part cause gf is concerned I will end up just big and undefined and I'm like WILLLOOKLIKEDECAF!! and she's like what's that and I'm like no search results.

Also part sheer curiosity from teamliquid hype. Full no homo.


You best be careful, your gf may become decaf's gf if you show her the pictures.

edit: too late
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
January 13 2011 23:05 GMT
#497
On January 14 2011 05:41 funkie wrote:
Today is supposed to be my rest day.

What kind of shit should I do on my rest day if I'm bored to death and want something extremely bad to do? .

btw, My left buttcheek (glutes) has been "hurting", I don't know what it is, but it's always when my muscle is cooling off or I'm resting and shit, , when I'm warmed up, it doesn't even bother me in the least bit. any insight? I won't post pictures of my ass before you gheys ask.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



Is it more muscular or more bony/around the SI joint?

Try grabbing a tennis/lacrosse ball and roll around on in with your glutes and see if that helps if its more muscular.

If it's more bony see if you can see a chiro or physica therapist on that. There's some online SI joint stuff here

http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/02/so-you-hurt-your-lower-back/
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-14 00:08:29
January 13 2011 23:05 GMT
#498
Haha yeah sorry my phone takes pics in hd automatically
And I haven't been able to bench for roughly 75% of the year due to injury. Still manage to get up about 300, don't really work on it th ugh because I don't play a lot of rugby lying on my back

Also popped my si joint back in place yesterday, I feel great

On January 14 2011 08:02 radiaL wrote:
Btw, is that a gut in your first pic?


it was the end of winter...and i was injured...and yeah not my best moment.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
January 13 2011 23:10 GMT
#499
Oh I forgot the best part of my "daily" post:



I don't even...
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
January 13 2011 23:41 GMT
#500
On January 14 2011 08:05 eshlow wrote:


Is it more muscular or more bony/around the SI joint?

Try grabbing a tennis/lacrosse ball and roll around on in with your glutes and see if that helps if its more muscular.

If it's more bony see if you can see a chiro or physica therapist on that. There's some online SI joint stuff here

http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/02/so-you-hurt-your-lower-back/


Any more good sources on SI joint problems?
I seem to suffer from them.
So far no doctor seems to have a clue if you ask them about lifting with it.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 262
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 262
BRAT_OK 65
JuggernautJason33
MindelVK 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25423
Mini 428
Hyuk 192
firebathero 175
ggaemo 131
Dewaltoss 68
Mong 47
Hyun 36
ToSsGirL 22
Dota 2
Gorgc8258
febbydoto6
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1396
crisheroes1109
Liquid`Hasu781
Other Games
Grubby3089
FrodaN2527
fl0m1042
Beastyqt859
mouzStarbuck214
KnowMe189
Livibee181
ArmadaUGS128
Mew2King55
Trikslyr44
ToD31
Chillindude29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1008
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 74
• StrangeGG 52
• Adnapsc2 16
• LUISG 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 14
• 80smullet 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8833
• WagamamaTV325
Other Games
• imaqtpie602
• Shiphtur313
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
37m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 37m
INu's Battles
17h 37m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
20h 37m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.