• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:06
CEST 06:06
KST 13:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)26Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8264 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 26

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 730 Next
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
January 13 2011 23:46 GMT
#501
nice pics decaf :D
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
January 14 2011 01:02 GMT
#502
More on the grains from RObb Wolf"

http://robbwolf.com/2011/01/12/hey-robb-this-person-said-gluten-free-diets-are-bogus/
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
vicariouscheese
Profile Joined June 2010
United States589 Posts
January 14 2011 01:09 GMT
#503
On January 14 2011 07:37 decafchicken wrote:
Here's sad decaf after injuring his shoulder and not squatting or deadlifting for a month back in spring break (closest thing i have to a "before" picture)

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


And here's decaf with deadlifts + squats + clean and jerks + snatches in possibly the douchiest picture i've ever taken.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


See if she's okay with that...i know every girl i've slept with in the last 6 months has been ^_^

edit: abs 4 lulz while i'm on a douche streak
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Yes i have weird nipples


we should all just not do bench presses so we can look like decaf.
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
January 14 2011 02:20 GMT
#504
since we're being camwhores, and i'm about to start a bulk so these can be 'before' pictures;

Front
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Back
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


The poses suck and taking pictures is a bitch, sue me :p

195, 6'0 right now, planning on bulking until my birthday (March 8th)
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
January 14 2011 04:54 GMT
#505
Im goimg to print decaf's pictures and add shit like "greatness" or "holy shit. No homo" xD

Are you serious!? I want that! Like SNATCHES and c&j here I go!
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
January 14 2011 05:47 GMT
#506
On January 14 2011 07:37 decafchicken wrote:
Here's sad decaf after injuring his shoulder and not squatting or deadlifting for a month back in spring break (closest thing i have to a "before" picture)

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


And here's decaf with deadlifts + squats + clean and jerks + snatches in possibly the douchiest picture i've ever taken.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


See if she's okay with that...i know every girl i've slept with in the last 6 months has been ^_^

edit: abs 4 lulz while i'm on a douche streak
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Yes i have weird nipples


FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

HOW??????????? DEAR GOD
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
Advocado
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark994 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-14 06:39:28
January 14 2011 06:33 GMT
#507
You look great decaf, no homo.

And what the hell are they doing sJarl in your video?
http://www.twitch.tv/advocadosc2
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
January 14 2011 07:49 GMT
#508
ah shallow we're really close in height/weight. at the end of this bulking phase of yours i'm scared for my numbers!

And yeah today's rugby scrimmmage was awessssome. I felt so fucking quick it was nuts. I'd see gaps i wouldn't normally go for so i'd pause, then be like fuck it and explode so fast. was making cuts everywhere and running hard as fuck. Also laid out like 3 kids my size or bigger just straight picking them up and driving them back.

And monion, i told you how. Just keep eating and lifting like a boss ^_^
P.S. i guarentee you dimsum is way more ripped, he's stronger per pound and can snatch/clean as much as i can at 60 pounds less T_T
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-14 10:52:41
January 14 2011 10:29 GMT
#509
Avocado: If I only knew...

Guess I'll tag along in camwhoring.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
January 14 2011 13:07 GMT
#510
Just had one last shitty meal.

Next week funkie is going all in. Diet, Exercise and total fucking madness.

2011 is just starting, and it's already looking fucking awesome.

CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
January 14 2011 15:16 GMT
#511
Decaf: I think I have you beat in arms. You have me beat in everything else .

Shallow: You're in a great place to start bulking. You already have good aesthetics (no homo) and after a clean 20% caloric excess bulk for a few months you'll look amazing.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
January 14 2011 15:26 GMT
#512
hmm tonight, I'll post pictures of myself, and ask you bitches if I should bulk more. ;o.

CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
January 14 2011 15:38 GMT
#513
my left shoulder has been troubling me for the past few months while benching.. the first rep kinda hurts, then the pain (its not really pain, kinda hard to explain. definitely not a good feeling though) subsides after the first rep for the next few reps... i figure its gotta have something to do with my probably aweful benching technique. so I made a video of me benching for you guys to take a look at and point out any and every flaw please.

"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
RawrAnOcean
Profile Joined February 2006
United States359 Posts
January 14 2011 16:15 GMT
#514
On January 14 2011 06:35 Slithe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2011 06:31 Galneryus wrote:
Going to start Starting Strength tomorrow. Will keep up with this thread.

Galneryus
Height: 5'11" || Weight: 185
Starting Date: 1/14/11 || Goal Date: 12/31/11
Weight goals -- Pretty happy at where I'm at, but I could lose a good 10 lbs.
Training goals -- I set up a goal with a buddy 315 squat 315 deadlift and 315 bench. My progress should hit that, then I'll update it.
Nutrition goals -- Reduce that fast food, eat more consistent since I slack off on the food.
Misc goals -- Sleep more, smoke less, drink less, the typical stuff.


I think you'll be hitting the squat/deadlift goals much earlier than the bench goal. Any reason why you're setting the bench goal so high?


It was mainly my buddy, he convinced me how badass 3 plates on each side would be so we should aim for that. I didn't see it very realistic but it's the goal we both put together. My main goal is to really get the squat and deadlift that high and then set my next goal. I've been a skinny weak guy for too long so being able to bench that high would make up for my lack of self esteem for my previous years :p.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
January 14 2011 18:19 GMT
#515
On January 15 2011 00:16 RosaParksStoleMySeat wrote:
Decaf: I think I have you beat in arms. You have me beat in everything else .


Yeah my chest and arms are pretty sub-par compared to my back/core/legs. Guess i'm an anti-conformist :D

On January 15 2011 00:26 funkie wrote:
hmm tonight, I'll post pictures of myself, and ask you bitches if I should bulk more. ;o.



The answer is yes, keep bulking.

On January 15 2011 01:15 Galneryus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2011 06:35 Slithe wrote:
On January 14 2011 06:31 Galneryus wrote:
Going to start Starting Strength tomorrow. Will keep up with this thread.

Galneryus
Height: 5'11" || Weight: 185
Starting Date: 1/14/11 || Goal Date: 12/31/11
Weight goals -- Pretty happy at where I'm at, but I could lose a good 10 lbs.
Training goals -- I set up a goal with a buddy 315 squat 315 deadlift and 315 bench. My progress should hit that, then I'll update it.
Nutrition goals -- Reduce that fast food, eat more consistent since I slack off on the food.
Misc goals -- Sleep more, smoke less, drink less, the typical stuff.


I think you'll be hitting the squat/deadlift goals much earlier than the bench goal. Any reason why you're setting the bench goal so high?


It was mainly my buddy, he convinced me how badass 3 plates on each side would be so we should aim for that. I didn't see it very realistic but it's the goal we both put together. My main goal is to really get the squat and deadlift that high and then set my next goal. I've been a skinny weak guy for too long so being able to bench that high would make up for my lack of self esteem for my previous years :p.

Badass is squatting/deadlifting 5 plates. Your squat/dl should probably both hit 400(or more) before your bench hits 300. Especially since you've been benching previously you're going to see gains a lot faster in your squat/dl
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
January 14 2011 18:24 GMT
#516
so yeh, fuck the pics, bulk here I go? D:

WALNUTSSSSSSS and Milk.

But yes, Beef here i go.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
January 14 2011 18:40 GMT
#517
we wanna see pics funkie!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
January 14 2011 18:48 GMT
#518
Quick question for the olympic lifting guys about clean. When I do the triple extension thing where I imagine touching my ears with my shoulders, and thrust my pelvis forward, is it essential that the bar is touching my thighs? Today I kinda hurt my thigh when I hit the bar somehow in that phase, not sure what happened.
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
Warrior Madness
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada3791 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-14 19:32:38
January 14 2011 19:22 GMT
#519
Question about the paleo diet. My mom is on the fence with this. She's a dialysis nurse and it's been generally hammered into her head that too much protein and fat in one's diet overworks the kidneys and liver. So, does anyone know the precise numbers-- what's too much protein, 2+g per pound?-- and the studies that these conclusions were drawn from?

From my very simple understanding, because fat is a natural appetite suppressant and that starchy diets interfere with the brains response to lectins (Whose role is to tell the brain that the stomach is full, and to place fat in places where its supposed to go and NOT supposed to go( i.e. the liver) participants on the paleo diet in studies seem to naturally eat less. 400-500 calories less in the ones that I read. So the liver and kidney's might not ve overworked despite eating mostly fat and protein. Also, low carb diets seem to burn more excess liver fat than low calorie diets, or the Mediterranean diet, so the liver is in better shape than your typical diet.
The Past: Yellow, Julyzerg, Chojja, Savior, GGplay -- The Present: Luxury, Jae- The Future: -Dong, maGma, Zero, Effort, Hoejja, hyvaa, by.hero, calm, Action ---> SC2 (Ret?? Kolll Idra!! SEN, Cool, ZergBong, Leenock)
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
January 14 2011 19:57 GMT
#520
so does anyone have some typical shopping lists that they use? my biggest problem is eating so this is huge for me. I'm driven to workout, i just can't put on weight

the lists in the OP are insane. I can't eat everything from the protein list alone, its like hundreds of dollars of food and I'd be like FUCK THAT SHIT.

I'm trying to learn how to cook but its so goddam time consuming, but I feel like its the only way I'll be able to vary my diet enough to put on weight. I know I should be able to muscle down food as nutrition rather than pleasure but it REALLY gets old.

so any suggestions? right now I'm gonna focus a fuck load on ground beef cuz its got multiple uses. hamburgers, spaghetti, etc.
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 227
SpeCial 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2037
Snow 61
NaDa 33
Bale 28
Noble 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm173
Counter-Strike
taco 560
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1405
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1094
WinterStarcraft675
Other Games
summit1g8980
Doublelift2321
JimRising 676
PiGStarcraft290
ArmadaUGS183
C9.Mang0183
Maynarde138
ViBE79
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick782
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream155
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 88
• practicex 22
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki170
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo1170
• Rush627
• Stunt238
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 54m
OSC
8h 54m
Stellar Fest
8h 54m
OSC
19h 54m
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.