• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:13
CEST 05:13
KST 12:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8527 users

The LiquidLegends Lounge - Page 92

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 90 91 92 93 94 1885 Next
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
June 19 2015 14:22 GMT
#1821
On June 19 2015 23:08 Requizen wrote:
In the stream, he said he liked it and it was a solid game but not one of his favorites of all time. Which is a fair assessment, imo.


Cool. It's a fave of mine so I'd love to hear a new player's opinion.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 19 2015 14:25 GMT
#1822
On June 19 2015 23:22 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2015 23:08 Requizen wrote:
In the stream, he said he liked it and it was a solid game but not one of his favorites of all time. Which is a fair assessment, imo.


Cool. It's a fave of mine so I'd love to hear a new player's opinion.

Well we hyped it up quite a bit at him, which rarely reflects well on someone's opinion.
It's your boy Guzma!
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
June 19 2015 14:30 GMT
#1823
On June 19 2015 23:25 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2015 23:22 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 19 2015 23:08 Requizen wrote:
In the stream, he said he liked it and it was a solid game but not one of his favorites of all time. Which is a fair assessment, imo.


Cool. It's a fave of mine so I'd love to hear a new player's opinion.

Well we hyped it up quite a bit at him, which rarely reflects well on someone's opinion.


Lol. Yeahhhhhh. That's partially why I'm curious.

Hype factor is so hard for me to manage. I want to tell people how much I love a game or other form of media but it always sets up unachievable expectations.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 19 2015 14:38 GMT
#1824
On June 19 2015 23:30 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2015 23:25 Requizen wrote:
On June 19 2015 23:22 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 19 2015 23:08 Requizen wrote:
In the stream, he said he liked it and it was a solid game but not one of his favorites of all time. Which is a fair assessment, imo.


Cool. It's a fave of mine so I'd love to hear a new player's opinion.

Well we hyped it up quite a bit at him, which rarely reflects well on someone's opinion.


Lol. Yeahhhhhh. That's partially why I'm curious.

Hype factor is so hard for me to manage. I want to tell people how much I love a game or other form of media but it always sets up unachievable expectations.

I tend not to do well with hype, which is ironic I suppose since I'm always hyping up the stuff I like to other people (eg Necrodancer for the people watching last night).

Overall Bastion was a pretty solid game. The storytelling mechanic was unique and the presentation is great, but it made things a little convoluted to follow what should have been a pretty simple storyline. The music is among some of the best in any game I've played to date. Gameplay-wise things felt a little clunky at times (using arrow keys to play isometric is bleh but that's my own fault for not using a controller I suppose?) but decent enough. I understand the reason for the 'Gods' system because the challenge really wasn't much there. I think there may have been only one or two 'oh shit' times I had throughout the entire game and then all I had to do was spam potions a couple times.
Probably a B+ overall?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-19 14:44:29
June 19 2015 14:44 GMT
#1825
I think that's a pretty fair assessment.

Part of what made the game stand out so much at it's release was that it achieved a level of polish and presentation that for the most part people only thought AAA games were capable of at the time. That an indie game could feel that good to play caught a lot of people off guard.
Moderator
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
June 19 2015 14:50 GMT
#1826
Yeah, that makes total sense.

I want you to keep singing that soundtrack in other games either way.

Also, speaking of good game soundtracks, FTL. Far more spacey but yeah.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
June 19 2015 14:56 GMT
#1827
I just want Wave to DM a one-shot.
Moderator
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
June 19 2015 14:57 GMT
#1828
On June 19 2015 23:56 TheYango wrote:
I just want Wave to DM a one-shot.


or a full campaign
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
June 19 2015 14:59 GMT
#1829
Guys, that'd require him to come up with a scenario.
Just because he played so much Isaac doesn't mean he'll make your dream Call of Cthulhu one-shot. And I can already imagine the johns claiming he'd be trash at writing!
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-19 15:01:38
June 19 2015 15:00 GMT
#1830
I mean, he could use a published scenario and come up with unique voices for all the characters, and I'd be satisfied.

On June 19 2015 23:57 jcarlsoniv wrote:
or a full campaign

I should just help adapt Red Hand of Doom to 5E so Wave will DM it.

That would be amazing.
Moderator
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
June 19 2015 15:03 GMT
#1831
On June 20 2015 00:00 TheYango wrote:
I mean, he could use a published scenario and come up with unique voices for all the characters, and I'd be satisfied.

Show nested quote +
On June 19 2015 23:57 jcarlsoniv wrote:
or a full campaign

I should just help adapt Red Hand of Doom to 5E so Wave will DM it.

That would be amazing.


I used some manufactured urgency elements of RHoD for the campaign I was DMing for friends. I'm sad none of it came to any resolution, I had a lot of fun with that campaign.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
June 19 2015 15:06 GMT
#1832
Basically, you want Wave to give optometrics up and set up his own itinerant puppets show so you can go and see him live when he tours near you.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-19 15:15:21
June 19 2015 15:14 GMT
#1833
Yango you have so many things you want me to do for your entertainment.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Regarding a one-shot---I mean technically I have nothing but time for a while. I could probably come up with a fun scenario but I truly have no idea how to run a campaign nor do I think I'd be able to do so with any proficiency whatsoever.

Edit: I also probably would be pretty disappointed if things didn't go as I expect them or people didn't experience things as I designed them to in a campaign, which is sort of unreasonable.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 19 2015 15:21 GMT
#1834
On June 20 2015 00:14 WaveofShadow wrote:
Yango you have so many things you want me to do for your entertainment.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Regarding a one-shot---I mean technically I have nothing but time for a while. I could probably come up with a fun scenario but I truly have no idea how to run a campaign nor do I think I'd be able to do so with any proficiency whatsoever.

Edit: I also probably would be pretty disappointed if things didn't go as I expect them or people didn't experience things as I designed them to in a campaign, which is sort of unreasonable.

Being a DM is learning that you are in control, but not really.

So, sort of like being a parent.
It's your boy Guzma!
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 19 2015 15:26 GMT
#1835
PX is MIA, do it Wave!
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 19 2015 15:35 GMT
#1836
And the other problem with one-shots, is you can't tell much of a story. Amso can tell you, I like being able to tell stories.

You're also missing out on a whole bunch of cool shit and encounters by everyone being level 1 I imagine.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
June 19 2015 15:39 GMT
#1837
On June 20 2015 00:35 WaveofShadow wrote:
And the other problem with one-shots, is you can't tell much of a story. Amso can tell you, I like being able to tell stories.

You're also missing out on a whole bunch of cool shit and encounters by everyone being level 1 I imagine.


Sounds like you need to make a campaign then.

But you do need to be able to accept the fact that things will almost never go as you planned.

The first session I ever DMd, I planned out an adventure for my friends to go rescue someone from a Kobold cave. Session starts - one player wanders off to collect livestock because he wants to put a farm together.

Once they actually started their adventure, they find the cave, dispatch some scouts, and then survey the cave. They spend some time gather some wood, and then they set up a big ol' bonfire just inside the entrance. Well, silly me, I didn't think about putting any kind of exit in the back of the cave. The entire cavern got smoked out, and only a few kobolds managed to make it out alive. Adventure ended short.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 19 2015 15:42 GMT
#1838
On June 20 2015 00:39 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2015 00:35 WaveofShadow wrote:
And the other problem with one-shots, is you can't tell much of a story. Amso can tell you, I like being able to tell stories.

You're also missing out on a whole bunch of cool shit and encounters by everyone being level 1 I imagine.


Sounds like you need to make a campaign then.


Dibs.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 19 2015 15:46 GMT
#1839
We talking fantasy or...?
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
June 19 2015 15:49 GMT
#1840
Didn't they smoke out the person they were supposed to save in the process, Soniv?
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Prev 1 90 91 92 93 94 1885 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 670
NaDa 47
Icarus 5
TT1 2
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm197
LuMiX0
League of Legends
JimRising 722
Other Games
summit1g10442
WinterStarcraft375
Mew2King101
ViBE84
ArmadaUGS51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1358
BasetradeTV303
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream149
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 90
• davetesta44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush857
• Lourlo552
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 47m
INu's Battles
8h 47m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 47m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 47m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 47m
Replay Cast
19h 47m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.